[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump Repeats Lie About Popular Vote in Meeting With Lawmakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 24cong-master768-v2.jpg (94KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
24cong-master768-v2.jpg
94KB, 768x512px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/donald-trump-congress-democrats.html?smid=tw-share

>WASHINGTON — President Trump used his first official meeting with congressional leaders on Monday to falsely claim that millions of unauthorized immigrants had robbed him of a popular vote majority, a return to his obsession with the election’s results even as he seeks support for his legislative agenda.

>The claim, which he has made before on Twitter, has been judged untrue by numerous fact-checkers. The new president’s willingness to bring it up at a White House reception in the State Dining Room is an indication that he continues to dwell on the implications of his popular vote loss even after assuming power.

>Voting officials across the country have said there is virtually no evidence of people voting illegally, and certainly not millions of them. White House officials did not respond to requests for a comment on Mr. Trump’s discussion of the issue.

>Representative Steny H. Hoyer, Democrat of Maryland, who attended the meeting, said that Mr. Trump also talked about the size of the crowd for his Inaugural Address.

>“It was a huge crowd, a magnificent crowd. I haven’t seen such a crowd as big as this,” Mr. Hoyer told CNN, quoting Mr. Trump. He added that Mr. Trump did not “spend a lot of time on that, but it was clear that it was still on his mind.”

>Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the Democratic leader, said it was an “interesting” meeting. Along with health care and infrastructure, she said they discussed China and currency manipulation, as well as issues involving intellectual property rights, which she said were a point of agreement.
>>
>“We talked about the Affordable Care Act and said what the Affordable Care Act has been successful in doing is improving quality, expanding access and lowering costs,” she told reporters. “And any proposal that they might have that does that, we’d be interested in hearing about.”

>Even with Republicans in control of Congress, Mr. Trump will have to build relationships in a city that he spent more time mocking than praising during his campaign.

>In his Inaugural Address, the president criticized the political establishment, saying the people assembled behind him — including the leaders he met with on Monday — had “reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost.”

>White House officials said the meeting was designed to press the lawmakers on the need to move quickly.

>The reception included, among others, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin and Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, as well as Ms. Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer of New York.

>“The American people are frustrated with the lack of progress here in Washington, and the president wants no delay in addressing our most pressing issues,” said Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary. “He’s taking every opportunity to forge strong bonds with congressional leaders on both sides of the aisle.”
lol Schumer and Pelosi are still not going to vote for the 'GOP agenda', or most of trump's nominees, no matter how many receptions he throws. I guess that's why they call it partisan gridlock.
>>
>>103144
>Lie
>Implying it was a lie.
Liberals are so defensive about their meaningless popular vote.
>>
>>103155
>making up lies to defend your loss in the popular vote
>not being defensive
kek
I think it's more that liberals are just upset about how casually the President can lie about anything. Obama had some lies but it's not like he was constantly lying about everything the way Trump does
>>
>It’d be funny if it wasn't so absurd: Trump, a billionaire, surrounded at his inauguration by billionaires, says he's anti-establishment.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/823621398966976514

Give him time Bernie, I'm sure he'll start draining the swamp soon.
>>
>>103144
>Trump is eternally butthurt about losing the popular vote

Kek
>>
>>103296
It's all part of the con, he has to appear perfect and be the solution to every problem.
>>
>>103144
remeber that Jill Stien took 7million in donations for an investigation on the rust belt votes which uncovered DEAD VOTERS OF HILLARY. More votes counted then total people in certain districts, registered or not. But Trump is a liar. I see how it is.
>>
>>103313
Source
>>
>>103144
>Win an election
>Still call it rigged
kek
>>
>>103313
>More votes counted then total people in certain districts, registered or not.
That came up for both Trump and Hillary.
>>
>>103155
It is indicative of the personality of the President, how truth is irrelevant if he perceives it reflects badly on him.

>>103155
It's not about the meaning of the popular vote. The numbers are the numbers, whether is the popular vote or the college.
What is important is that the President blatantly holds onto a lie, in the face of the truth, and continues to spout it.
It says a lot how his psychological stability.
>>
>>103313
Even if there was fraud, it was and could NEVER be in the numbers to explain the popular vote numbers.
>go back to your slav homeland and take your talking points with you.
>>
>>103341
>California doesn't exist
lol whatever faggot.
>>
cough cough
>>101347
>>
>>103155
I'm not a liberal, if anything I lean right, but this man is a fantasist. He may well have some good ideas, he may indeed mean well, he also has no respect for any of his own people and will screw anyone outside of his immediate family for his own benefit. Lets see how this four years goes, though I confidently predict if any of his policies hurt the centre states that voted him in they will drag him out to the rust belt and crucify him. I hope he makes wise choices, I hope for the best for everyone.
>>
>>103144
Drumpf needs to worry about building a solid cabinet and instituting an alternative to AH. Not why his crowd [dick] isn't big
>>
>>103341
Obama invite illegals to vote! NYT is fake news! I can't claim it's untrue without investigating, you can't claim it true without investigating, believing and being is very different, after obama begging illegals to vote an investigation needs to be done! For instance, the Turkish-born, non-citizen Saracen terroris who killed five people at the Cascade Mall had been voting Democrat multiple times during elections for years. Just think that many more of these people exist, all voting for DemocRATs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.