[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this boards catalog so retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1485204391139.png (179KB, 329x272px) Image search: [Google]
1485204391139.png
179KB, 329x272px
How can I fix this? Link not related

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politics/sean-spicer-press-briefing/index.html
>>
>>103011
This board was made as an afterthought by Hiro who was responding to /qa/ posters asking for a hard news board. At the same time on /qa/, many people were asking for Hiro to bring the old text boards back, so Hiro listened to both of them and made this a news related text board.

The problem was that had very little idea what the old text boards were like beyond old screenshots from /qa/ users, and didn't feel like installing a bunch of back end pieces of forum software, so he winged it, and the result is the /news/ we know and love today.
>>
>>103011
>the result is the /news/ we know and love today.

I don't mind the text only format of /news/ (Usenet refugee here) but the catalog page ought to be same as all the other boards, with thumbnail pics of the OP.
>>
>>103146
I feel like spidr.today is essentially this boards catalog
>>
>>103146
Well it's probably because when /news/ was first made, it was a pure textboard and OP images were not a thing yet.
Though I agree that it should be the same as the other boards now.
>>
>>103011
>and the result is the /news/ we know and love today.

A few random articles/threads peppered amongst an exponential number of WaPo and NYT links for the 111th new Trump thread that day.

Great success?
>>
>>103229
>Great success?
What improvement would you suggest?
>>
>>103231
Since people are obsessed with him and simply must post every article covering every little sneeze or fart he makes, a Trump General would probably be a good start.
>>
>>103229
I've posted wsj links and then posted nearly the entire article to help get around the pay wall and nobody cares about them
>>
>>103235
>a Trump General

What could possibly go wrong?

Seriously though, a US politics general might be a good idea.
>>
>>103237
I'm not saying you ARE doing this, but it's impossible to verify what you post with that's in the article if it's behind a paywall.

Personally I tend to gravitate away from pay walls because I can't reference/use the article later on.
>>
>>103239
>What could possibly go wrong?
Beyond posts upon posts upon posts of WaPo and NYT articles being spammed despite them not being behind a paywall like a WSJ article, nothing too egregious I don't think.
>>
>>103240
My work pays for my subscription but I believe they give everyone like 5 free articles or something that you can probably just clear your cookies and keep using repeatedly.

wsj has some great articles and I really liked their coverage of the aluminum stockpile that got that Chinese guy in trouble. They followed it for months investigating who owns it and shi
>>
>>103242
Okay, but if it summons a million /pol/acks it was your idea not mine.
>>
>>103245
Every other post on this board is essentially a Trump thread, if we're not there already we won't be by condensing it.

Either this gets renamed /trumpnews/ or we try to control the spread.
>>
>>103248
Makes sense.

I would be happy to see all the US politics stories contained in a single thread.
>>
>>103252
>I would be happy to see all the US politics stories contained in a single thread.
Not what I said, I specifically meant Trump threads.
>>
>>103257
Why just Trump?

Lets put all the trash in there.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Wapo and NYT stories.
There is literally nothing wrong with news stories about Donald Trump.
If you think there is something wrong with these things then get the hell out, you don't know what news is and you shouldn't be on this board to start with.
>>
>>103259
>you don't know what news is and you shouldn't be on this board to start with.

I agree, but what do you think about the idea of a general?
>>
>>103259
>Taking personal offense at the suggestion that the daily Trump threads should be condensed into a general to unfuck the catalog

Stop mewling. On a subconscious level, you wouldn't constantly take offense to the "WaPo/NYT Spam" comments if you didn't know it was true.

I know you're desperately shilling to try and up visitor traffic for WaPo and NYT but it's simply necessary to have 100 different Trump threads every goddamn day.
>>
>>103258
>Lets put all the trash in there.
You're on 4chan, it's all trash friend.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't separate glass and plastic.
>>
>>103263
I don't think you have any kind of grasp on what the real meaning of "shilling" is or you would know performing a basic function of the board isn't that.

>>103261
I really am indifferent about a Trump or even an American politics general. I don't think it would stay on topic for very long and would fail as a containment thread, or worse, would be a beachhead or /pol/-style twitteratti activist faggotry.
>>
>>103264
That's the recycling not the trash
>>
>>103265
>performing a basic function of the board isn't that.
Like samefagging your own threads making posts about how op "graciously coped the article for us?"

>I really am indifferent about a Trump or even an American politics general.
Stop posting dozens of daily threads about him then.

>>103266
Recycling is trash.
>>
>>103264
>Doesn't mean we shouldn't separate glass and plastic.
Spot on.

>>103266
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Presumably a very much poorer man.

>>103263
Some of them are me.
I wish I was being paid, but I'm just sharing the news of the day.
>>
>>103269
>Like samefagging your own threads making posts about how op "graciously coped the article for us?"
You never did have any proof of any of your paranoid delusions.
>Stop posting dozens of daily threads about him then.
You have a talent for hyperbole. One can only post 10 threads per day here and I don't ever post more than 3 or 4 myself. I think you are lashing out at the behavior of the board in general, not me personally. However I stand by my previous assertion that if you're triggered by valid news sources like Wapo and NYT then you shouldn't be coming here to begin with.
>>
>>103274
>You never did have any proof of any of your paranoid delusions.
This is proof right here. Your unabashed rage everytime someone points it out.

>One can only post 10 threads per day here and I don't ever post more than 3 or 4 myself
So you admit you're the one spamming all the Trump threads?

>However I stand by my previous assertion that if you're triggered by valid news sources like Wapo and NYT then you shouldn't be coming here to begin with.
Except I've never said you couldn't post them. I've simply remarked that you generally ONLY post them, several times a day, making several posts each time even though none of the articles are behind a paywall.

>I think you are lashing out at the behavior of the board in general, not me personally.
Remember when you got caught lying saying that the way you posted was the way the board always posted?
Guess what- as with last time, it's not the whole board. it's just you.
>>
>>103278
>This is proof right here
It's quite a leap for you to go from "you never had any proof" to "unabashed rage".
>So you admit you're the one spamming all the Trump threads?
No because I'm not.
>Except I've never said you couldn't post them.
I wouldn't care if you did.
>I've simply remarked that you generally ONLY post them, several times a day,
I'm sorry, but you''re crazy. The last stories I posted were about the concrete ship and the kid who burned his hands.
>making several posts each time even though none of the articles are behind a paywall.
I still don't understand why this triggers you but I'm not even the only one who does that behavior either.

Next time you go looking for boogeymen to persecute for the things that trigger you it might help if you had evidence. Just saying.
>>
>>103248
>controlling the spread
Or you could just post different stuff since there's apparently a demand for it.
>>
>>103146
Considering they already check for a link I'd say the catalog image should be the thumbnail suggested in the page's meta info, defaulting to the OP image if that doesn't exist.

Considering how slow the board is there wouldn't be any undue stress on the backend from it.
>>
lurk moar, maybe?
>>
>>103686
Where the fun be in that?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.