[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antarctic Larsen C crack extends by nearly 10km

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/01/massive-antarctic-larsen-c-crack-extends-by-nearly-10km.html
>>
>>102269

Place your bets.
>>
Have the reptilians revealed themselves yet?
>>
With all the recent theories and activities I really do not know what to think about it all. I'm ready for something to happen or to just forget about it.
>>
It seems reasonable to think the stress must be increasing exponentially to fall off and fall down. It is going to fall down, is it not? It's certainly not going to fall up!
>>
>>102563
There's just a little sliver left before it breaks off. And southern summer is far from over
>>
>>102553
I'll give you a quick summary.

The ice shelf at risk of breaking off is comprised of sea ice, therefore it'll have little if any impact at all on rising sea levels. The more notable thing about this event is how large the shelf is, and how quickly it's calving. The continent's sea ice shrinks and grows seasonally, but this specific region (the Larsen ice shelf located on Antarctica's northern peninsula, composed of parts A, B, and C, C being the largest) was relatively stable until recently. Larsen B disentigrated in 2002, a mass of ice the size of Rhode Island that had endured for roughly 10,000 years. When Larsen C goes, it will fundamentally change the shape of the Antarctic peninsula, and leaves the land ice it was essentially protecting from warmer sea waters exposed to further sublimation. If *that* ice enters the sea, shit would start to look a little grim.

Personally, I'm cool with all of Antarctica's ice melting so that the lost of city of Atlantis will finally be revealed
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.