[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

File: Trump.jpg (84KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
84KB, 960x639px
>The FBI and five other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have collaborated for months in an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the November election, including whether money from the Kremlin covertly aided President-elect Donald Trump

>The agencies involved in the inquiry are the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the director of national intelligence

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html
>>
>>101229
Doesn't change a damn thing, nothing leaked was a lie and votes were not manipulated. Trump acknowledges it or not nothing changes, plus his personality wont let him admit it weather he believes it or not.
>>
>>101232
there are strict laws governing party funding
so it could change a damn thing
>>
>>101229
inb4 the /pol/ damage control squad
>>
I just feel like all the other insane shit Trumps has been proven guilty of hasn't done anything to stop him, what would this do?

When he said "I could shoot a guy on 5th ave..." I thought it was mindless bravado, but seemingly nothing hurts this guy. The GOP establishment has effectively given him plot armor
>>
>>101237
>Hillary gets money for governments who also fund terrorism
>nothing happens
yeah, no
>>
>>101229
god almighty, why are we all still alive? we don't deserve to live we are so stupid.

that moron hillary did so much shady shit and no one wants to do anything. Its so bad even obama and half the sitting government would go to jail.....

trump doesn't do shit except be popular and the media wants his head on a pike.....yes putin likes him & he likes putin...who gives a shit!!! she's the fool who was so arrogant she became repeatedly reckless.....

fuck the MSM....pure cancer
>>
>>101262
>that moron hillary did so much shady shit
like what?
>>
>>101276
like you dont know? really? are you fckng serious anon. its everywhere in the news. and her shady shit causes us the election. but luckily Trump can save america great again.
>>
>>101262
Most rational people hate Hillary, Trump, and Putin.
>>
>>101243
The CIA has shown it is willing to go to great lengths to protect the state and further its interests since its inception. If the investigations reveal anything they deem to be damning, I'd highly doubt they would just idly sit by while the figurehead of the country holds hands with their biggest enemy in the 20th century, and probably even now.
>>
>>101284
One can only hope

>>101255
Nice dubs, but this is moronic. There's a difference between inviting a rival nation to hack a political opponent and being financially diplomatic with a nation in a region we desperately need help with. Trumpeters keep talking about how "it can only be a good thing" to try and make nice with Russia, but that's patently false. Russia has fucked over a number of our existing, and much more powerful, allies in the past not to mention; undermining the US in the pettiest ways. Has everyone forgot overnight that this is the same country that just up and invaded Ukraine without any warning, relocated thousands of Ukranian citizens, and planted their flag like it was a game of King of the Hill? Who the fuck needs an ally like that? Elsewhere, the US has been aching for an opportunity to close in on ISIS and bring relative peace to the Middle East without putting any more lives at risk than we already have, and then there's Russia; carpet bombing the region without concern.

Trying to buddy up with Russia is like a mosquito trying to be friends with a bug zapper. It's attractive on the surface, but our two countries' values are diametrically opposed, and someone's just gonna end up burned.
>>
>>101287

Let's not forget who helped form ISIS.
>(Obama/Hillary during secretary of state days)
>>
>>101243
The GOP? Please explain how the same GOP that tried with all their might to stop him somehow gave him armor? He gave himself armor by acting so ridiculous that crazy things are normal for him and no one bats an eye. Its fucking genius
>>
>>101293
>>(Obama/Hillary during secretary of state days)
Learn what a status of forces agreement is, junior.
>>
>>101295

>I have no idea what a militant vacuum is
>>
>>101296
When Obama took office in January 2009, he inherited a plan that President George W. Bush forged in 2008 with then-Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. That Status of Forces Agreement called for the withdrawal of all American troops by the end of 2011.

It was widely assumed a new plan would be negotiated after the 2008 version expired in 2011. There were no stipulations about a specific number of American military personnel to be left behind.

Obama ran on the campaign pledge of bringing a responsible end to the Iraq War, and announced shortly after taking office that combat operations would end in 2010. A high of 168,000 U.S. service members were in the country after the 2007 surge, drawing down to about 43,000 after combat troops left in 2010.
>>
>>101229
>Obama is incredibly mad Hillary lost
>"it had to be because of the Russians" meme
>spends remaining months peddling this meme, as he waste all the agencies time & effort cherry picking fake news
>>
>>101307
That may or may not be the case. But rather than trying to read into everyone's motives, we can justifiably argue it's worth investigating purposeful and express interference by foreign governments in our civil society for its own sake.
Mostly because it's not something Americans have control over, left or right, and that the resources of a state might be behind it raises the stakes significantly.
>>
>>101287
It's a shame there's zero proof for any of that, at least for you
>>
>>101310
Like millions of dollars of funding from Qatar and Saudi Arabia?
>>
>>101426

>"spontaneous uprising by the citizens of Ukraine in Crimea" is literally dressed in Russian fatigues with the patches removed and weapons exclusive to the Russian Army (as in you would literally need to steal those weapons from a Russian armory, which means either they're legit Russian Army or the RA has such shit security that they are literal hemorrhaging weapons)
>said Crimean uprising is supported by massed helicopters and assets from the Russian Naval base
>"spontaneous uprising by the citizens of eastern Ukraine" barely has any popular support and is nearly crushed before they suddenly conjured up tanks that are, again, exclusive to the Russian Army
>zero proof for any of that

I haven't seen shit about relocating citizens, but I assume that would merely be a side affect of the war and less of a "forced relocation."

Also he's not wrong in that a Russian alliance would give zero benefits to America that it doesn't already have from an uneasy peace.
>>
>>101428
You guys gotta put this strawman away, it's getting tired to see it dragged out in every thread about the Russian involvement in the US election.

Firstly, the Clinton Foundation willfully makes its donation records public, no one needed to hack it to see where the money came from. Second, Hillary Clinton *actually* put the Clinton Foundation in a blind trust during her time as Secretary of State, something that not even Trump himself, let alone his supporters, seem to understand anything about. She couldn't have stopped those donations even if she wanted to, and why would she? Which brings me to point 3; the Saudis, UAE and Qatar are all potential allies in the desert shitstorm the US is currently involved in, what good would turning away donations from them actually accomplish other than pissing on their good will? Lemme guess
>EBIL MUDSLIMES

How any of that compares to a presidential candidate inviting a country we're enforcing active sanctions on to hack their opponent, and then multiple intelligence agencies implying the Russian government did exactly that, boggles my goddamn mind. But clearly, y'all are on some 4D chess shit and I'm just a cucked Shillary-loving bluepilled nu-male faggot, amirite?
>>
>>101237
Well, it still won't change a thing and if it did, than every country would just throw tons of money at the candidate they don't like in hopes of getting rid of them.
>>
>>101437
>UAE and Qatar are all potential allies in the desert shitstorm the US is currently involved in

They flew a fucking plane into the twin towers!
>>
>>101442
>UAE and Qatar = Al Qaeda
??? ???
>>
>>101436
I was clearly taking about "inviting a foreign power to hack..."
>>
>>101636

And unless the CIA and FBI make their shit public, we can't argue the facts on that, just speculate and try to deduce what everyone's most logical course of action was.
>>
>>101637

The CIA and FBI don't make all of their data available because that could compromise their implants in Russian systems

I don't think it's unreasonable to take our intelligence experts at their word; it's odd that Americans would sooner assume conspiracy on behalf of both FBI and CIA than Russia.

Trump himself was pointing to the FBI's initial resistance to the conclusion of a Russian hack as evidence of conspiracy against him. Now that domestic and foreign intelligence have all arrived at the same consensus, what more is it going to take? I suppose in some sense that's still limited evidence, but virtually all of that evidence points to one conclusion. Motive, past precedent, intelligence expert consensus (even European agencies), and the fact that the one policy issue Trump has maintained any consistency on is total reproach with Russia.
>>
The FBI are the ones that are supposed to be on our side against Russia. What were they doing before the election? Where was this news when the information could have been most useful?
>>
>>101437
>Their good will
I want you to google what happened to the Clinton foundation when Hillary lost the election. For whatever reason the donations dried up overnight when there was no longer a Clinton left in the federal government. Believing a blind trust would keep the Clintons from corruption is laughable with the timing between donations and weapons deals, human rights violations being absolved, even a massive deal selling uranium to Russia.

Trump said on live TV that if Russia has dirt on Hillary then they should turn it over . Nothing about them hacking her after it all came out
>>
update
>>101683
>>
>>101715
>he actually believes the clinton cash allegations
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/04/no-veto-power-for-clinton-on-uranium-deal/
>>
>>101715
I don't think you understand how a blind trust works. And until you fork over some evidence, all that talk about timing between donations and weapons deals, et cetera, is exactly that; just talk. I'm not saying Hillary is a saint but she plays by the rules and displayed better moral fortitude than most of trump's cabinet picks, and considering who we're talking about that is really saying something
>>
>>101720
>She didn't have veto power
>She was just on the committee overseeing it and decided it was fine and dandy to sell a ton of uranium to Russia with no further considerations
>The committee, which is known by its acronym CFIUS, can approve a sale, but it cannot stop a sale. Only the president can do that, and only if the committee recommends or “any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction,” according to guidelines issued by the Treasury Department in December 2008
Any other times she wasn't champing at the bit for any way to stick it to Russia?

>>101722
She is one of the most corrupt candidates in recent history. The timing is only suspicious without proof. So is references to "pay to play" in her emails. So is the dried up funding hen she loses. I've been watching C-SPAN cover the cabinet picks and I'm not seeing what credible source these moral failings are coming from. I'll give you Rick Perry but he seems to have changed his attitude on the DoE
>>
>>101729
>I've been watching C-SPAN cover the cabinet picks and I'm not seeing what credible source these moral failings are coming from
Probably because of your confirmation bias.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/17/tom-price-scandal-puts-gop-obamacare-plan-in-jeopardy-commentary.html
>he bought up to $15,000 worth of a medical device maker and then introduced a bill that would have protected or at least delayed new regulations that would have harmed the company's bottom line.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/cabinet-confirmations-republicans-democrats-233799
>Trump's choice to lead the Office of Management and Budget, Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), after he disclosed he failed to pay more than $15,000 in taxes for a nanny who cared for his young triplets.

>And they're standing by Betsy DeVos, the education secretary hopeful who stumbled during her confirmation hearing earlier this week, and Commerce pick Wilbur Ross, who told senators that he recently fired a household employee who could not show proof of legal immigration status.
>>
>>101734
>Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer jumped on the story Tuesday and told reporters that Price "may have broken the law." Price's office says the investment was made by a fund manager without Price's specific knowledge...

Sounds like some shady shit is going on here

>Trump's choice to lead the Office of Management and Budget, Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), after he disclosed he failed to pay more than $15,000 in taxes for a nanny who cared for his young triplets

He disclosed it, meaning he was open about it. Your own article says he has been taking steps to fix this. This sounds more like an accounting oversight than a tax dodge. If it's a tax dodge then let's find someone else. The other two are grasping at straws to get any picks they can removed from the cabinet. Seriously? He shouldn't be on the cabinet because he fired someone that couldn't prove citizenship?
>>
>>101745
Any one of those things would have gotten any other nominee from any other president-elect (right or left) thrown out. Wow, how times change...
http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-01-11/4-key-times-presidential-nominees-failed-to-gain-senate-confirmation
>>
>>101293
That would stem from the CIA funding of al queda to fight USSR in the 80s. Not Obama/Hillary.
>>
>>101746
>Nevertheless, unpaid taxes didn't stop Timothy Geithner from becoming secretary of treasury in 2009. His confirmation suggests the timing and scale of an ethical lapse could make or break Trump's nominees.

So if your honest about it and fix it it's good then? As I said, if it is a tax dodge then he shouldn't be there. But these things do happen.

>Although she denied employing the immigrant, the revelation raised questions for senators and the public about her candidacy. Her nomination may also have been at risk due to the resistance of organized labor to her record on the minimum wage, affirmative action and sexual harassment. She quickly asked that her nomination be withdrawn under pressure about conflicting statements she made about her knowledge of the immigrant's legal status

There is clearly more here than just hiring an illegal and then firing them when they can't prove their legal status.

I'm still going to cede price. I'm not a believer in coincidence like that and it stinks like Martha Stuart's potpourri.
>>
>>101753
As the article states, it's about timing. Geithner tried to fix it when he learned he had a problem, not waiting until he got nominated, unlike Mnuchin or Price or Ross.
>>
Guaranteed the GOP impeaches Trump after the midterms. No way they keep such a liability going into 2020.
>>
>>101756
I mean they already have ample ammunition from his business dealings. Perfect setup to prop up Mike Pence the Holy.
>>
>>101756
>>101757
>Fantasy role playing: now on /news/
>>
>>101772
>he thinks it's a fantasy
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501
>>
>>101772
>>Fantasy role playing: now on /news/
10/10 post. And the only liability are libtards and SJW's.
>>
>>101786
>nydailynews.com
Lolno
>>
>>101793
What exactly is wrong with nydailynews.com?
>>
>>101241
>the /pol/ damage control squad

More of Putin's lackeys.
>>
>>101794
>What exactly is wrong with nydailynews.com?
Fake news and wishful thinking, totally not controlled and funded by Hillary camp
>>
>>101799
>the /pol/...
You think we only come from /pol ? That it is the only board supporting Trump ?
Oh innocent child...
>>
>>101637
>just speculation
Yes, yes it is
>>
>>101287
The problem is that you have allies, that you have entangling alliances. You overlook the shit saudi arabia does because of the things they do that benefit you. You oppose russia becaus they are independent and because they don't benefit you.
>>
>>101229
So provided they do find connections who else will be implicated? Tillerson no doubt-anyone else?
>>
>>101799
>putin is funding the board ruining 4chan
wtf I hate Putin now
>>
>>102865
Manafort and Stone.

http://fusion.net/story/337482/trump-manafort-ukraine-mansions-movies-mobsters/
>>
>>101279
So explain all the horrendous things she did in relation to Trump instead of giving a vague answer completely avoiding it.
>>
>>102915
See: Haiti
>>
>>101229
doesnt matter. he committed multiple impeachable offenses within the first 24 hours. donut matter. usa turd world cuntry now. putin won.
>>
>>102915
they have nothing but talking points built on fake news. they hate clinton bcuz REASONS. and their hate is an empty void that can neve be satisfied. americans are horrible.
>>
>>102915
Just what kind of uninformed idiot are you to not know of all her illegal bullshit?
Or are you just the n-th shill. Fuck off and get a grip.
>>102936
>>102938
twats
>>
>>102940
Not him but he's exactly right. Probably greater than 75% of the shit you think Hillary did had nothing to do with her, or didn't happen like you think. A lot of old conspiracy theories were recycled and repurposed and inserted with the name 'Clinton'. Pizzagate is just one example. Benghazi is another.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.