[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREXIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: B.R.E.X.I.T.jpg (154KB, 746x1071px) Image search: [Google]
B.R.E.X.I.T.jpg
154KB, 746x1071px
UK to leave single market, says Theresa May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38641208

>We are a European country — and proud of our shared European heritage — but we are also a country that has always looked beyond Europe to the wider world. That is why we are one of the most racially diverse countries in Europe, one of the most multicultural members of the European Union, and why — whether we are talking about India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, countries in Africa or those that are closer to home in Europe — so many of us have close friends and relatives from across the world.
>>
Pound has best day's gain since 2008 after Brexit speech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38650529
>>
>>100824
>has best day's gain
That's a nice way of spinning that it's a 10 year low vs. the dollar

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=10Y
>>
>>100827
>it's a 10 year low vs. the dollar

Not the lowest this week though.
But you would know that I expect.

Also that went up in response to the speech.
Currently +3.12%
>>
>>100831
+3.22%

Surge
>>
>>100827
best graph

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charctic-interactive-sea-ice-graph/
>>
>>100857

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/314642-trumps-interior-pick-climate-change-not-a-hoax
>>
>>100861
That's one in a cabinet of how many?
>>
>>100818
>tfw we might once again see European blood spilled on the fields of the Somme in our lifetime

Feels good. We need another war to revitalize Western culture.
>>
>>100867

>the first world war devastated Europe to the point where an entire generation was lost, Germany became a failed state, Russia went from a rising power to a Communist shithole causing the starvation deaths of millions, and the world economy collapsed setting the stage for the second world war
>the second world war devastated Europe to the point where Germany was split in half, weakness in Britain and France caused their colonies to break away postwar (leading to the rise of the states we are fighting today), and allowed the USSR to rise and ruin the east (both economically and politically) for generations

>We need another war to revitalize Western culture.
>>
>>100857
>>100861
Make a separate thread about your climate change stories you ecofaggots. This thread is about the British Pound for fucks sake.
>>
>>100883
God Save The Queen

>and the planet
>>
>>100882
Yeah, but it lead to the ascendency of America and the West still dominates. Only through bloodshed can mankind grow, for peace makes him weak.
>>
>>100899
>Only through bloodshed can mankind grow, for
War didn't invent movable type or the steam engine.
>>
>>100899
>>100903

War is pretty bad at making new concepts, it just accelerates further development of existing ideas in certain fields because government is forced to funnel money into research while ignoring debt in order to provide an edge in combat. Overall war is bad for development since it kills people who could have otherwise improved society, destroy infrastructure that could have been used for economic or research advancement, and prevents research in a wide variety of fields by focusing attention on those with defense applications. In a total war you're basically sacrificing most of your economic and research potential to boost a handful of fields, and in a non-total war economy you're just wasting manpower that could have been better spent building your own infrastructure.

This is of course ignoring the possibility of being so devastated that you get knocked back several eras. This is why the US was able to profit from the war and not lose all its power: without its industry and manpower under direct threat, it was able to survive and take over the power vacuum left by a reduced Britain and France (similarly the USSR moved into the vacuum, but thanks to its crippled manpower it was unable to have the same global reach as the US). Another war on the scale of the world wars would probably remove this unique American advantage (thanks to improved weapons technology), and would lead to the utter collapse of the west, if not the entire world as it is basked in nuclear fire.

In short, fuck you, bloodshed shrinks mankind, and now has the potential to END mankind.
>>
>>100942
>>100882
The struggle for survival which has produced all life on earth extends onto biological human races, which both exist and matter to their members. Such conflict is neither immoral but moral; a condition we must engage with in order to develop any meaningful philosophy or progress. It can be found on the streets, in the human resources department, at the ballot box, or on the battlefields of war. The greater the conflict, the greater the growth; much like new life that springs from the ashes of burnt trees.

Though it is currently politically incorrect to acknowledge that races and their genetic subdivisions exist and attempt to eradicate one another for resources, land, and influence, that does not mean the struggle has stopped. That one side has been cajoled by the globalists into not struggling does not mean it is left alone. War is inevitable, and it should be welcome with open arms, for it allows superior races to claim and better use the resources of lessers, the competition for survival spurs desperation which in turn spurs technological development, and it allows the survivors to forge a national identity and prove themselves.
>>
>>100946
>The greater the conflict, the greater the growth; much like new life that springs from the ashes of burnt trees.

Would you say the Middle East and Africa will soon become paragons of human civilization? Obviously not, but the logical conclusion of your war romanticism is that they will be.

The golden ages of past civilizations have all been under the reign of a great peace, whether it be the Pax Romana, Ashoka's Maurya Empire, the Tang Dynasty (until the An Lushan Rebellion -- funny how major conflict usually ruins things), and that's only naming a few. The greatest increase in both human prosperity and technological advancement has been under one of the greatest peaces of our time: the post WW2 world. There have been no great power wars and deaths from violent conflicts are at its lowest in the modern age. And yet, despite all this great advancement, our edgy war romantics believe we are in stagnation, and the only way to rejuvenate society is by recklessly destroying wealth and butchering the lives of many.

Now go move into a ghetto and observe how utterly destructive your philosophy is.
>>
This from The Guardian, of all places:
>PMQs shows it’s Jeremy Corbyn, not Theresa May, who has no Brexit plan

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/18/jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-brexit-pmqs-irony-lady
>>
>>101059
They have the eternal opposition fall back plan.

Criticise whatever the government does.
>>
>Brexit: Boris Johnson warns against 'punishment beatings' (video)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38658998
>>
>>101202
>But Downing Street defended the foreign secretary, saying he had not likened Hollande to a Nazi, and was only “making a theatrical comparison to some of those evocative WWII movies”.

>The spokeswoman rejected press interpretations of the comments, comparing them to the “hyped-up media reports” condemned by the prime minister in her Brexit speech.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/18/boris-johnson-world-war-two-punishment-beatings-brexit-francois-hollande
>>
The real issue here is how much cement Theresa May has to put on her face in the morning, must add a few pounds
>>
>Devolved administrations hold 'difficult' Brexit talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38670128
>>
>Brexit: Labour would back 'sensible compromise'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38710698
>>
>>100818
Sauce on pic?
>>
>>102722
No idea, found it on Brit/pol/

Found this there yesterday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/entries/fdb484c8-99a1-32a3-83be-20108374b985

Been while since Brit/pol/ has had anything other than tripfag cancer and right wing stupidity, so I was bit surprised to find something worth reading.
>>
So when's the entire nation's icr's going to be stolen for blackmail by hackers? It's inevitable if previous hacks on companies is anything to go by?
People need to be more aware about how the snooper's charter will fuck them up
>>
>>102731
>People need to be more aware about how the snooper's charter will fuck them up

Please do explain.
>>
>>102737
>Everyone in the country is now monitored 24/7 7 days a week for their internet browsing. Creates a suspect out of everyone. Can be abused for thought crime
>Forces everyone to become more meek and conforming
>If the government changes a policy on something you took for granted online and decides it's now illegal, you are retroactively a criminal
>Big Brother breathing down your neck.
>48 different agencies now have access to your ICRs without needing a warrant.
>Massive costs to the tax payer. internet bills will increase.
>MPs and government workers will be except from monitoring and will probably abuse it to hide their own potentially illegal browsing
>whistleblowers or other political opponents will have their ICR records searched through to have potentially embarrassing searches used to blackmail and silence them
>A hacker's wet dream; someone determined enough will access people's ICRs and hold them ransom.
>>
>>102746
>48 different agencies now have access to your ICRs without needing a warrant.

>without needing a warrant

Source for this 'fact'?
>>
>>102750
Regardless of whether there is a warrant or not, that people now know they're being watched and with greater scrutiny.
Frankly May has ruined the internet for a lot of people who still respect what little privacy they had. I'm personally thinking of moving to another country because of this tiresome 1984 creeping
>>
>>102754
>ruined the internet
Chirst, I daren't think what you were up to before that was so bad you no longer feel safe.

>I'm personally thinking of moving to another country because of this tiresome 1984 creeping

Good luck with that. There's no law preventing the authorities hacking targets outside the UK.
>>
>>102750
Also http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-26/these-are-48-organizations-now-have-access-every-brits-browsing-history
>Officials won't need a warrant to access the data, and the list of bodies that can see it includes not just the police and intelligence services, but government departments, revenue and customs officials and even the Food Standards Agency. "My worry is partly about their access," Huppert said. "But it's much more deeply about the prospects for either hacking or people selling information on."
This act would be A-okay if the bulk retention of people's daily data was removed, but it's the absolute foundation of it so it won't. That's what concerns everyone; it's V for Vendetta and 1984 come to life. I would not be surprised if we start seeing news reports of people being dragged out of their houses because over this stuff.
>>
>>102755
>Chirst, I daren't think what you were up to before that was so bad you no longer feel safe.
My browsing is all above board. It's really quite boring aside from the old smutty webcomic from time to time. I just come from a time before the internet conditioned everyone else to knowingly sign away their privacy. Your reply hardly helps though. It just reinforces the lazy "you have nothing to fear" strawman politicians always bring up when they're trying to strong arm harmful bills like this through.
Having someone breath down your neck eventually breaks you down if you know it's non stop. What was so bad about previous laws where, yes they were monitoring you, but they weren't litterally snooping to this extent they will be now?
>>
>>102756
>zerohedge.com
Got a proper source.

If it's true that all 48 can do so without warrant I would be very surprised.
>>
>>102762
>It just reinforces the lazy "you have nothing to fear" strawman
I didn't mean to do that.

I thought the idea that this law has 'ruined the internet' was a bit far fetched.
>>
>>102772
For those who value privacy, anyone from Tim Berners Lee to the Open Rights Group or witstle blowers and journalists, the revision of the IP bill has done just that. It's an absolute disgrace and I fear it's here to stay. Only a concerted campaign of awareness to highlight how pro crime this is or how much more expensive it will make amenities will anyone start taking notice.
Who am I kidding? The average millenial who just taps away on his iphone all day won't care. Not at least until he gets dragged away by whatever secret police are probably waiting in the wings to question him over his searches for "bongs". We as a species don't act until something happens to us. We've never in living memory had governments dissapear in a police state kind of way, so we don't fear what they can do. If that started happening maybe people would start to feel like they have nothing to lose and rebel back.
But like I said, it won't happen until people start having it done to them
>>
>>102776
I mean look at countries like Zimbabwe, Syria, Iran. They've all used snooping on political opponents which includes disappearing them to maintain a status quo whether or not the people agree with it. Mugabe would have been out of the job years ago is he didn't have goon squads tapping his opponents to muscle them into line.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.