[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cager Hate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 13

File: images.jpg (14KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 274x184px
Was riding my bike on paved sidewalk path, and some cager redneck in a pick-up raced passed and yelled "fuck you"

No provoking, nothing

Fucking cagers
>>
File: Car Genocide.jpg (271KB, 962x620px) Image search: [Google]
Car Genocide.jpg
271KB, 962x620px
Cager genocide when?
>>
>>999557
>MUM, THE BIG BAD MAN WAS MEAN TO ME !!
harden the fuck up, kid. some people have real problems.
>>
flat bar road rage
>>
>>999557
>one motorist acts badly
>all motorists must be bad!
Childish thinking.

DAILY REMINDER:
Without CARS and TRUCKS, you wouldn't even have this website to post your childish little complaints on, let alone an Internet, or computers, or anything else. In fact YOU probably wouldn't be here either, having died of an otherwise easily cured childhood ailment that today could be easily cured, but with no CARS or TRUCKS to transport medical equipment or medicines to where they're needed, you would have DIED waiting for the Pony Express to bring it in their saddlebags. You wouldn't even have bikes. You'd be WALKING. Stop acting like whining little babies already. Freaks.
>>
File: 1472437277113.jpg (32KB, 274x184px)
1472437277113.jpg
32KB, 274x184px
>>999557
maybe you didn't hear the first part:
>I want to...
>>
>>999598
>one cyclist runs red light
>ALL CYCLISTS RUN RED LIGHTS
>>
>>999557
omg r u ok ? is your dignity intact ? u poor thing
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>999559
Putting my life at risk, more often purposefully than not, is not 'being mean'
>>
>leave city
>be reminded bike infrastructure does not exist outside main metro area
>have to choose between cycling on a 50 mph 8 lane "road" with no shoulder or the fucking sidewalk
>cager shocked out of his mind at the sight of a bike, honks like a spasm of a senile ninny at a bike crossing the road on pedestrian light through a crosswalk

>>999598

>no cages were developed
>public transit developed instead, which is what people used before personal cages (TRAINS)
>light rail modern equivalent
>everyone can easily and efficiently commute since transit was developed and invested in
>no pollution, no traffic, no idling in bumper to bumper on the daily, that many fewer deaths and horrific injuries from cage accidents
>no stress, an entire branch of the insurance industry wiped out, no DMV
>no need for 8 lane highways cutting through cities, no super wide streets
>cities are walkable
>no fucking urban sprawl and endless suburbs
>cities are more condensed
>more nature is left hale and whole, environment is nicer, land not scarred with endless burbs and stripmalls
>everyone can walk or bike or tram everywhere
>literally utopia

>cagers' worst nightmare
>>
>>999801
What's infuriating, at least in theory, if it happened as you've said, there's no reason that 1) Trucks couldn't exist for a shipping capacity or 2) Personal cars could be added later, just built around the light rail where there's space.
Selfish.
>>
>>999726
>implying cagers understand the difference between "being mean" and murder
Cagers legitimately think that insurance was invented so you don't have to pay anything when you total your cage because you were too busy texting

I wish I was making this up
>>
>>999598
Your personal murderbox didn't make the internet, but your story was amusing so I recommend you keep posting. What other weird shit do you unironically believe?
>>
>>999598

>cagecucks actually believe this bullshit

Cages are the albatross around the neck of civilization and are directly responsible for the downfall of the USA.
>>
reminder Chinese people would rather suffocate than leave their cages behind, let that sink in
>>
It's not the cars fault your country is full of shitty drivers
>>
>>999598
>DAILY REMINDER:
>Without LEAD PAINT, you wouldn't even have this website to post your childish little complaints on, let alone an Internet, or computers, or anything else. In fact YOU probably wouldn't be here either, having died of an otherwise easily cured childhood ailment that today could be easily cured, but with no LEAD PAINT to transport medical equipment or medicines to where they're needed, you would have DIED waiting for the Pony Express to bring it in their saddlebags. You wouldn't even have bikes. You'd be WALKING. Stop acting like whining little babies already. Freaks.
>>
>>1000178
>reminder Chinese people would rather suffocate than leave their cages behind, let that sink in

>tfw 87% of all commutes could be serviced by cheap EVs available RIGHT NOW
>tfw people would rather kill the planet than have to plan ahead for the other 13% of trips that usually occur twice a year on average
>>
>>1000223
>EVs
That just destroys the planet in a different way
Bikes are the answer, batteries are still cagerian earthrape
>>
>>999598
Yeah you and every other porcine shithead driving <10 miles to work in their own personal deathcage are making the world a better place with your driving
>>
>>1000074
No, the only two options are living in mud huts and suburban cager hell.
>>
>>1000264
not necessarily, also it depends on the type of food one consumes to power a bike

although I guess mass transit blows all other types out of the water (bikefag here btw)
>>
>>1000301

There is no amount of food one can consume which would compare to a cage. The cage has used more fossil fuel in its creation alone than a human can compare with, before the key is even turned.
>>
>>1000325
Yeah riding average commuter distances (under 200 miles a week) and you're looking at maybe an extra 2000-3000 calories unless you're doing something terribly wrong like riding on knobbies or some shit.

2000 calories is like half a large pizza.
>>
>>1000362
Ok I just ran the numbers, it's probably more like 5000 calories ignoring wind, and riding at normie speeds (15mph average).

So a pizza and a half extra. Still nothing.
>>
>motorcyclist that try to have camaraderie with you because you "both share the same struggles, fucking cagers right?"

fuck you normieeeee!!! you don't know what it's like reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>1000366
I dunno maybe that's true where you live, but where I live motorcyclists are the worst. Bunch of rude, aggressive, antisocial crazies. On the same tier as blue collar pickup truck driving types.
>>
>>1000377
It's variable.

Basically the bigger the bike, the bigger the asshole.

A small scooter or motorcycle (like, 125cc or under) isn't much bigger than a bicycle.

And in some ways, they have it worse as they have to be up in there with the car in fast moving traffic rather than along the side.

Plus they get some pretty unfair hate from other motorcyclists for not having a "real" bike.
>>
File: 1438953462883.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1438953462883.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>1000509

>mfw my sister rides both a bike and motorcycle
>a Bianchi and a Ducati
>she also has an electric guitar she never learned how to play
>Hillary supporter
>"She's not corrupt anon, all the charges against her are made up"

At least she has good taste in vehicles
>>
>>1000362
>>1000364
yeah, if you eat garbage you are right, but if you eat e.g. imported gourmet meat your foodprint adds up quite quickly (granted most probably it is not transported on a bike). There is a linked study in the conference bike thread, bikes probably still ahead of cages but it depends on a lot of factors.
>>
>>1000519
>the only options are HFCS slop and foie gras flown in from another country
hello midwest
feels good to live somewhere that doesn't have this problem
>>
>>1000223
What infuriates me the most is that the chinese were a cyclist nation. There are nine million bicycles in Beijing and stuff. Now they have a fuckton of cars that render the air in their cities unbreathable, literally toxic, and call this "progress".

The stupidity of humankind is astounding.
>>
>>1000544
They need the cars. Rent in the city is too high so they live outside. There are people that drive 2h to work.
>>
>>1000545
A lot of people in Beijing who could just as well take the subway go out of their way to drive because it's a status symbol

It's a third world thing. For instance, Americans do it too
>>
>>1000544
Look up the Beeching Axe. A similar thing happened in the UK with the railways.
>>
>>1000545
>There are people that drive 2h to work.

makes it 4h for the round trip + fueling etc, which is ~50% more time wasted. I imagine it could make up for the differences in rent easily.

From yurop, my colleagues just opt for the commute drive because they want a nice house in the suburbs because of the kids should grow up in a green environment. Kids in the inner city can die in the exhaust, they couldn't care less.
>>
>>1000545
No, they need to build more housing inside the city.
>>
>>1000620
I doubt China would give a shit, but something I'm confused about here in the States; here on the coast there's a lot of old buildings, and on top of almost every business is some kind of housing. Now I read that this mixing of residential and business buildings are no more? Seems like it makes it much harder to live in the city you work in.
>>
>>1000549
>A lot of people in Beijing who could just as well take the subway
To be fair, the Beijing subway is stupidly packed in peak hour.
>>
>>1000544
>What infuriates me the most is that the chinese were a cyclist nation. There are nine million bicycles in Beijing and stuff. Now they have a fuckton of cars that render the air in their cities unbreathable, literally toxic, and call this "progress".
If it makes you feel better, electric scooters are very, very common in China these days.

Bicycles are still around and you see more and more road bikes to go with the hundreds of mtbs.
>>
>>1000649
>Now I read that this mixing of residential and business buildings are no more?

wut

Basically every urban multi-tenant residential complex built in the past 3 years has ground floor retail
>>
>>1000221
W-What the fuck anon?
>>
>>999557
>Was riding my bike on paved sidewalk path
>sidewalk

totally deserved
cager should have thrown a bottle of piss at you
>>
>>999557
just because you dont know how stupid you were being doesnt mean you werent being stupid

there's no autism quite like bike autism
>>
ONWARD BROTHERS, SISTERS, AND NON-TRINARY COMRADES REEF DAY SOON
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-germany-cars-20160207-story.html
>>
>>999557
Hey man I didn't choose to be a cager. Both work and university for me are 20 miles from my house, and I can't yet afford to move closer to either one. On weekdays I clock in 40-50 miles a day. Mass transit sucks here. Why waste 2 hours to get somewhere by combination of walking+bus+rail when it can be a 30 minute car ride on the highway? If you're poor and have time to waste then maybe.

I bike too but it's almost always recreational, hardly anyone actually bike commutes where I live in suburban hell. It's too hot and impractical to bike anywhere, especially since shower faculties don't exist where I work at if I do want to bike to work. Also, most roads are death traps if you're not in a cage. And I do get harassed by cagers occasionally but I don't have an easily bruised ego like you to make such a thread.
>>
>>1000659
good indicator they need more capacity. Didn't they build a gorillion new lines just for the olympics in a very short timespan?
>>
>>1000788
kek spoken, I'm surprisingly OK with this, all cars should be banned within city limits

>>1000874
>rationalizing why you are a pussy - the post
literally every asshole ever has a reason why they are making it worse for everyone and it is never their fault

it is okay anon though, once you listen to that voice deep down in your soul telling you to give up your cage addiction all your pseudo problems will go away, godspeed
>>
>>1000911
Yes, give up the cage and waste up to 4 hours a day on just getting to work and back on shitty buses that only show up once every 30 minutes (and always get stuck in traffic for further delays) and commuter trains with similar timetables. Tried it once before, it was not a pleasant experience at all, especially on the bus where the shadiest characters show up, and getting accosted by beggars.

I actually hate driving but time is by far the most important thing to me, and when you factor in an hour to hour and a half of cage (round-trip) commuting vs 4-5 hours of walk-bus-train-bus-walk, I'd stay with the cage. That's another 3 hours I lose not relaxing at home after a long day, and having to spend that time around other people, which I despise. Such is life in suburban hell.
>>
>>1000362
>>1000364
>>1000301

Considering most people are overweight, no extra food is needed at all. Cycling as the norm would save money and resources from medical expenses for obesity.
>>
>>1000911
Kill yourself.

>>1000967
You got to be a little lucky in most places to not live in a cager hell.
>>
>>1000967
no anon, you misunderstood me. Unless you plan to stay where you are for the rest of your life, you could just get it together and move closer to your workplace / switch jobs. No cage maintenance, shorter commute (I agree, freetime is underrated), you can complete your cardio for the day, savings on petrol etc. It all adds up. If you own your current place, you can earn some rent money to cover the differences etc.
You can carry your bike on many trains/buses too. I'm sure you can find a way if you want to.
>>
>>1001073
Honestly that's what I'm trying to work to. House prices are just too prohibitive for the moment. Eventually I aim to live within a few miles of where I work downtown so a bike commute may be possible.
>>
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/01/denver-post-reporter-struck-killed-car/

Yet another cyclist murdered in my city. By a drunk illegal mexican no less.

Build wall nao

>>1000967

Mover closer to where you work, you whiny faggot.
>>
>>1001126
>JUST MOVE!
>JUST STOP BEING POOR!
>JUST GET A BETTER JOB!
>>
This whole thread needs to quit being edgy. There are plenty of drivers that piss me off though.

>>999557
People go by and yell "Faggot" all the time at me. They are just having fun. Don't take it personally. I don't worry about it anymore because I can't hear them with earbuds on and I'll probably get wiped out by a car soon while listening to the same pop punk band I heard 30 times on the same ride.

>Old people
On most roads I get on the sidewalk to let them pass and be nice to traffic. Then they slow down to 10 mph while I have to coast or stop on the sidewalk so I can get back on the road.

>Lifted trucks
Usually have a huge "Cummins" decal, some redneck shit, or whatever. Can't see shit and it really irritates me because I have to be extra careful.

>Texting drivers
One hit me two weeks ago at an intersection (turning when she shouldn't). She was really apologetic though so no hard feelings. She was kind of a qt too.

>Drunk drivers
Okay, I obviously fucking hate these bastards. I like to ride on the weekends, including evenings, often on country roads. They come swerving out of the local watering holes and zooming past me, or weaving between lanes. Drunks are actually more dangerous to other drivers than to cyclists though.

>Motorcycles on bike trail
Dear God, why? I see dirtbikes and quads on the bike trails all the time, and every once in a while even Fat Boy Harleys. What is wrong with them?
>>
>>999557

Same thing happened to me last monday, but unlike the majority of you limp-wristed faggots I actually did something.

The motherfucker was tailgating me and revving his engine trying to intimidate me - I wasn't gonna have any of that. I got off my bike and dared his ass to do something. Right to his face, I told him DO something about it, PUSSY. He just started driving off the other way flipping me off.

These motherfuckers are all bark and no bite. Grow some balls, bros. Dont back down when someone threatens your life.
>>
>>1001126
>By a drunk illegal mexican no less.
The wall just went up another 10 feet.
>>
>>1001166
Similar thing happened to me a while back, riding with three mates single file and some asshole in luxury sports car (Mercedes if I can recall correctly) was tailgating, honking and hollering at us to get off the street. One of the mates got pissed off enough that he stopped his bike and was ready to fight. The cager then saw an opening and floored it, almost hitting us. When will they learn?
>>
>>1001134
>People go by and yell "Faggot" all the time at me
Jesus, what the fuck. I've never had that happen and I ride almost 200 miles a week. Move to somewhere with less rednecks, it's not good to live around such people.
>b-but they're just having fun!
I believe this is called "stockholm syndrome"
>>
>>1001399
>Mailman doing my route
>bike people single file going down some country roads
>overtake them to deliver mailbox
>every time I get to a mailbox they overtake me
>starting to get pissed off because they are forcing me to pass them every 3 minutes.

it's quite dangerous because I have to keep passing them on double lines going up hills putting my life at risk for there fucking hobby

>next time they pass me I tell them to take a 5 minute break to let me get some distance so we don't have to do deal with them being a road hazard to my life.
>bike guy and his friends laugh one flicks me off.
>in a right hand drive vehicle decide to pass them without changing lanes get awfully close like I do with mailboxes.
>they looked pissed off now like I worst ran them over and put there life in danger kind of like what they been doing do me the whole route.
>they pass me and stop in route and tell me to get out of my vehicle.
>call the police and wait.
>state trooper comes up and arrests all 3 of them for making terroristic threats to a mailman and also impeding the mail.

Out of the three 1 ended up paying a 500 dollar fine. The other got 1200 fine and the third guy who did the threatening plus impeding got 3 months in federal prison.

I don't mind people on bikes but when they put your life at risk because of a hobby that needs to stop.
>>
>>1001401
It actually only happened once or twice now that I think about it. I get more of people honking for no reason or other silly stuff. Also get people in Hondas (ALWAYS with the fart sounding mufflers) and motorcycles taking off real fast past me after I slow down to let them go by (the noise still doesn't get through past my music lol). The older Harley riders are usually more polite.
>>
File: 1351257831903.gif (29KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
1351257831903.gif
29KB, 482x800px
>>1001478
You TRULY are the hero /o/ needs. Bless you and dog bless America
>>
>>1001478
lies
>>
>>1001478
you're a fucking nigger.
>>
>>1001478
I don't understand please explain.
Do mailpeople in America drive cars?
Why is passing cyclists dangerous / more dangerous than passing drivers sitting in cages as their hobby?
Why don't you take a 5 minute break if you really go as slow as a bike?
Why are they pissed at you if another vehicle missed them by an inch?
>>
>>1001486
It kind of sounds like you're changing your story to suit your agenda
>>
earlier tonight i was biking to the gym and another bicyclist was coasting with one hand on the bar and texting with his other hand. as i approached he noticed my light coming up from behind he gripped the handle and almost jerked the bike into me.

inattentive people on the road are a plague and while it's all too common among cagers it's far from exclusive to them. shitty bicyclists give the rest of us a bad name when we badly need to maintain a good reputation. we're already vilified - don't give cagers ammunition.
>>
>job interview #2 for a place
>it's a cager centric industry, actually deals with cars
>going well, one guy has a chip on his shoulder but other one likes me (last pair also liked me)
>ask if they include a transit pass as an employment benefit
>chip-on-shoulder ragemodes, says you can't reach all their offices by transit
>say I also cycle and am certain I can reach them no problem
>should also be noted I reached their supremely out of the way office by bike and transit for the interview
>can tell he didn't like that I wasn't a cager
>ended up not getting the job

Is this a case of employment discrimination? Are transit/cycle users a protected class? I didn't want the job anyway but still.

I'm just not gonna mention that I don't cage in the future. It seems to drive everyone to a frenzy even though we live in a bike friendly city where tons of people, especially office workers, use transit and/or bike.
>>
>>1001568
you have to take into account the severity of a probable accident though, and barring the extreme bad luck still only cages are lethal
>>
>>1001166

>cycling home
>pickup starts driving next to me, keeping exact pace, edging closer to me, clearly on purpose
>0-60 get pissed
>start screaming at him and flipping him off
>turns out it was some friends just joshing me

I've also almost been hit by a cager at a crosswalk (we had light, cager didn't feel like stopping, I was walking my bike across and barely stopped in time as cage sped through). They had to stop a few yards ahead anyway (slammed the brakes). I walked up and slammed my hand on the trunk and we got in a yelling match. Of course it was a negress. She tried turning her car around in the street and following me into campus but got stopped by the security gate. Niggers are the worst drivers. Fucking entitled and give zero fucks about anyone but themselves. They'd run over an entire orphanage on a field trip if it got them to KFC five seconds sooner.

I completely have cyclist road rage and one day someone will shoot me or ram their cage into me.
>>
File: this kills the cyclist.jpg (14KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the cyclist.jpg
14KB, 200x210px
>>1001578
>i text and ride and this is my excuse for doing so
the post.

>you have to take into account the severity of a probable accident though
being pushed onto the road and into the path of traffic from an inattentive cyclist who is texting can have the same effect as being pushed onto the road into the path of traffic by a car door.

watch the road or get off the road.
>>
>>1001591
>implying texting was ever excused

what kind of backward country do you come from where you cycle among peds besides cars? nice mental gymnastics though, if you push someone on the road intentionally it is still a cage that could cause damage. Enjoy the rest of this (you)

>>1001579
stop a douchebag convinced me russians are the worst
>>
>>1001579

Practice more se;f control. I only rage when they clearly threaten my life - Anyone should for that matter. It's called self preservation. But verbal BS I just let it slide off my back. Like they say, it's better to die on your feet than on your knees.
>>
>>1001597
>maybe if I move the goal posts then nobody will notice!
Nobody said anything about riding among pedestrians.
>>
>>1001579
kek that is hilarious. I never yell at people anymore but if someone gets their vehicle too close to me or cuts me off to get to a light or sign I will go up to their window and hammer fist it as hard as I can while riding past. Shit is loud as fuck
>>
File: really.jpg (51KB, 597x473px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
51KB, 597x473px
>riding two-abreast on a nice flat country road
>cage incoming
>no oncoming traffic
>honks continuously for hundreds of meters
>mfw the entire opposite lane was open

and then later on that same ride

>fairly busy road, at dusk
>whole group (10+ people) turn left
>honks until it wont honk anymore for having to slow down, or god forbid, pass safely

mfw I really don't care how loud your car horn is
>>
>>1001623
let me guess, you are just pretending
>>
>>1001672
It was merely an act
>>
>>1001520
>mailman
>niggers don't have jobs

>>1001543
Rural mail carrier used there own vehicles I happen to have a right hand drive jeep xj cherokee.

It's dangerous especially on country roads because there are many hills/blind areas/twist and turns. By me passing them every 3 minutes I am risking head on collisions with other vehicles because of the road conditions.

The only reason why I couldn't get away from them was because they kept overtaking me thus slowing me down at the next stop because I have to pass carefully.

If you knew anything about the USPS you would know you can't stop and take a 5 minute break they track you with a gps scanner and you can get in trouble. Also mail is a critical infrastructure of any society which trumps a hobby any day of the week.

I was the one that passed them within inches being in a right hand drive vehicle makes it easy you kind of get used to driving super close to mailboxes so your understand you limits.

Fact of the matter is being on the road is a privilege and you should respect other drivers and cyclists and these people did not.
>>
>>1001597
jews too
>>
>>1001683
>If you knew anything about the USPS
I know quite a bit about the USPS because I have to deal with your retardation whenever I get stuff shipped to work, you fucks will literally scan "delivery attempted, business closed" out of sheer laziness because it's after 4 PM and you don't really feel like making the stop. Don't pretend this is anything other than some bizarre attempt at racing where you got butthurt that some bikes were about as fast as you in your box van with the steering wheel on the wrong side
>>
>>1001692
Baby mad he didn't get his package we are still the most competitive/largest mail company in the world. Not only are we profitable but it do it all without ever taking a tax payer dime.

All we need now is for congress to stop borrowing our money from pre funded pension funds. Yet again a business that basically gives money to the us gov at no cost.

The delusion, 3 cyclists riding on country roads are not racing fag. Also being a road hazard is dangerous as fuck I don't see how you justify people literally putting others life at risk for there own ego.
>>
>>1001711
>run a profit for one quarter in five years
>we're profitable!
lol ok. hope you've been saving because you're getting downsized, Newman
>are not racing
Clearly, there is a race that existed in your head. Whatever their intentions were are irrelevant. Sounds like they were just going about their business and you decided to get butthurt over someone having a hobby while you were slinging packages and worrying about the amazon drone stealing your job.
>>
The poor bastard problably is an uncultured swine with a dead end job and gets frustrated that you're some kid with a nice toy getting some exercise outside with your expensive shit. Fuck him, don't even acknowledge them.
>>
>>1001718
You do realize the USPS does run a profit then we have to prefund pensions for anyone that gets hired for years. Which ends up being in the billions of dollars.

Congress then borrows these billons of dollars to pay for other programs aka welfare and the like. We then lose that money and good luck getting the government to pay you back.

If you took out the money the government it stealing from the post office it would show profits in the billions the last 5 years clearly you know nothing about the USPS.

Infact the USPS keeps fighting congress to address the prefunding issue but congress doesnt want too because its free money that goes into the government.

Also if I said it wasnt a race yet you keep telling me what was in my head you sound stupid as fuck man.

>amazon drone
Still doesnt realize I live in a rural area
>>
>>1001734
tl;dr
>>
>>1001732
This. Plus that event was likely the highlight of his boringly repetitive day.
>>
>>1001711
>cyclists
>road hazards

Says the cage

Kys now
>>
>>1001518
>>1001520
>>1001478
lying nigger
>>
>>1001129
>implying it isn't cheaper to live in dense cities and eliminate the cage
>>
>>1000874
>can't afford to move
>calling other people poor

Are all cagers this retarded, or just you?
>>
>>1001812

I'm thinking all of them, friend.

>spend about 5-10 thousand dollarydoos on car costs a year
>call people who choose to save rather than piss it down the drain "poor"
>people who save (bike) have more money left at end of year, can buy whatever they want
>cager has to shop at walmart for food because all he can afford is great value brand ramen and mac'n'cheez

Being retarded is a prerequisite to being a cager. Meanwhile I leisurely coast 1.5 miles to work from my COMFY apartment in the nicest area of the city, literally the mansion district is a few blocks over. And my rent is less than his mcmansion maintenance and mortgage cost. But I'm the one who is poor. Meanwhile he drives 90 minutes each way to work and arrives in a huff from the stress of traffic and his hemorrhoids.
>>
>>1000517
>Ducati
>falling for the meme
>>
>>1001711
You're the one passing, you're the one creating the hazard.
Had you followed them the distance of one mail box to another, their lead on you would have increased to the point where you would even catch them for a while.
This is how adults drive.
>>
File: 1356543688036.jpg (106KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1356543688036.jpg
106KB, 1280x853px
>finishing up a 50k ride
>come up to red light
>pass the 7-8 cars on the shoulder to wait at the line because I'm a bicycle
>cager rolls down his window and starts yelling at me "get back in line and wait my turn like everyone else" like this is the McDonald's drive thru
>tell him to get out of his car and fight me if he doesn't like it
>he just drives off like the cager pussy he is

Seriously though why would I wait behind cars at a red light? So one of them can turn right without looking and hit me?
>>
>>1002042
I know, right? You'd get twice the amount of harresment if you waited in the middle of the lane like a motorist.
>>
>>1001561
I initially exaggerated the frequency of people yelling insults at me. Other than that I was being honest.
>>
>>1002042
>passing on the shoulder
That was your only mistake
>>
>>1002096
Again, not really a mistake in the real world.
If OP lived here where I do, on the East Coast, as he 'waited in line' in the 'car lane', he could be ass-ended by an inattentive driver who's thinking about coming up to the first bumper they see, not a bike, and slam on their brakes. Best that could happen, he'd be beeped at, shouted at, and possibly even have something thrown at them for being seen as impeding traffic. (Even though a bike could get through a full interaction fast as, if not faster than, the surround cars.)

To an extent, I guess you're allowing assholes to control your life, but I'd rather no have the confrontation.
They're behind the wheel of a weapon, they might have an ACTUAL weapon, and I probably don't have the physical build to stand up for myself in a fight. Fuck that, I'm not being a sitting duck at the light.
>>
>>1001672
>>1001674
Samefag has a serious mental illness that needs to be rectified.

>>1001597
>if you push someone on the road intentionally it is still a cage that could cause damage
Truly retarded. Whether the act was intentional or not isn't the issue.
But you're still avoiding responsibility for your actions by claiming that the car is at fault when a texting cyclist pushes another cyclist onto the road and into the path of cars. Sure, the car did the damage, but the texting cyclist caused the incident.
Who's the murderer? The gun or the guy who pulled the trigger?

If I'm passing slower cyclist in the bike lane and they swerve as I pass which bumps me into the path of cars then it's that inattentive texting cyclist who is accountable. Not the car driver.
Now I expect you'll be replying by saying that I'm at fault for not passing safely or something. Demonstrating, yet again, that you'll go to great lengths to excuse your texting habits.

People like you ruin the reputation of all cyclists and I hope your luck runs out sooner rather than later and you become a pancake. You're beyond help. Just die.
>>
>>1002217
>But you're still avoiding responsibility for your actions by claiming that the car is at fault when a texting cyclist pushes another cyclist onto the road and into the path of cars.
But, it is, though. We're not talking fault, we're just talking damage, really.
So, yeah, boo fucking hoo, ya face harsher charges as a driver because you have the capacity to cause greater harm. (With an inverse capacity to cause harm to yourself, unlike a cyclist.)
So, is it a danger? Yes, but why? Because of the cars, ultimately.

You pay attention, see a cyclist not paying attention, and you drive accordingly. If that means slowing down, stopping, turning off on another road to put the problem on someone else, so be it.
You're always a part of the problem, being out on the road in a car. It's the responsibly you assume.

>If I'm passing slower cyclist in the bike lane and they swerve as I pass which bumps me into the path of cars then it's that inattentive texting cyclist who is accountable.
No, it's you, clearly. You saw a cyclist, right? Because you NEEDED to pass him.
Now, you saw the cyclist, so you saw his phone, either the light in the dark, or by his hand position. So, you're telling me YOU saw a cyclist, and YOU saw that the cyclist might do something squirrel, and YOU still thought it was a safe pass?????

If I see a ball roll into the road while I'm driving, I assume there's a kid there short after chasing it, I don't just keep fucking driving.

>Demonstrating, yet again, that you'll go to great lengths to excuse your texting habits.
I'm not that guy, and you shouldn't be texting, HOWEVER, you must know that the real danger here IS the car, and you must be willing to take more responsibility while driving something like that. It's no the 'fair', but it is.
He's a retard for texting and riding, for sure, but now you've made it deadly just by existing.
>>
>>1002220
>You pay attention, see a cyclist not paying attention, and you drive accordingly.

>i'm a special snowflake and the world revolves around me.
the post.
plz die.
>>
>>1002221
It's not a special snowflake, it's living in the fucking real world.
If I see someone, and they look like they might cross, and I blow through anyway and smack 'em, guess what, I'm an asshole.

It's all about turning a potentially dangerous situation into a certainly dangerous situation.
Like I said, fuck that dude who's texting, but if you see 'em texting, and you still think it's safe to get closet to him, because he's 'wrong', you're actually retarded.

Like it or not, the burden is on you because you're the one driving. Don't like it, don't fucking drive.
Aside from a 'rare' case, most combinations of cyclist hitting ped or vis versa either won't happen in the first place, or will be minimal damage. (Huuuuuuuur, dat chink hit that person, we know. Again, not a common occurrence.) The car is the added element of danger.
>>
>>1002225
your irrational hatred of cars has skewed your judgment.

that is all.
>>
>>1002226
>your irrational hatred of cars has skewed your judgment.
Friend, I literally drive a car for a living.
So, no, my hatred of cagers is not irrational, in fact it's entirely rational, because 'cager' is a mindset coupled with a set of behaviors.

When I am driving and see someone who looks like a drunk driver, or some old asshole who won't give it up, but'll NASCAR a playground, I hang back and give them space to fuck up in. I have to, cause I saw 'em.
Same with a cyclist. If I'm driving along, I'm looking out for bikes and shit, and when I run into the inevitable kid out on summer break, wobbling all over the place on the beach cruiser, water ice in hand, I make sure to hang back and give a wide berth.
Sometimes I even, get a load of this, COME TO A STOP.
Oh, no, dear, you may be honked at, but if some kid's running out after his ball and there's a car behind me, I'm a little more worried about running over the child than I am 'impeding traffic'.

Everyone should, within reason, err on the side of caution.
I'm not asking you to beep your horn at every corner to warn comers-on, just to open your fucking eyes. God have you TWO.
>>
>>1002232
m8 you are correct, he was called out on his stupid posts and now in maximum damage control. You are replying to obvious bait now
>>
>>1002295
>he was called out on his stupid posts
Provide examples. Just one.
>>
>>1002232
I don't know why you're talking about cars and driving when the other guy was clearly talking about cycling. Are you brain damaged, or baiting for (You)s?
>>
>>1000519
>he doesn't have farms and local butchers in his area
I feel for you. We have a butcher that still cycles around his fucking village delivering to old folks.
>>
>>1000874
>especially since shower faculties don't exist where I work
This is the main reason I don't commute by bike. I sweat a lot regardless of how fit I am.
>>
>>1001134
I know a guy who is mildly brain damaged and blind in one eye because a dirtbike sideswiped him crossing a trail.
>>
>>1001568
At least he had one hand on. I see people texting and riding with no hands all the time. I kind of admire their bike control because I can barely manage to do it with full concentration but it's still stupidly reckless.
>>
>>1001576
People see having a car as a better guarantee of reliability. It's kind of a fallacy but that's just how it is.
>>
>>1001597
>I only caused the situation that caused your death so it's fine
>>
>>1001683
Why did you buy such an inappropriate vehicle?

Here's an idea: if it's dangerous, don't pass them. It sounds like you're barely gaining any time anyway.
>>
>>1002220
You think he's a cager when the scenario he's describing is him cycling and being knocked in to traffic by a fellow cyclist who has a shitty and reckless attitude. His point isn't that cagers aren't a problem he was just recounting one incident in which a cyclist was a problem to another cyclist. All too often people like you act like because your vehicle isn't as big or heavy as a car you can treat it like a toy and pay no mind to your own or anyone else's safety.
>>
>>1002317
this guy gets it. finally some good sense in the thread!
>>
>>1002299
He's saying I am a brainwashed cyclist with an irrational hate for cagers. I'm simply explaining that I drive for a living, and give him examples in a context he'd understand; cars.
Try not to be retarded.

>>1002317
Because humans are fucking stupid.
What's your point? Bottom line, cars are what make it dangerous.
A bike pushes into a bike without that lane of cars and you get a scrape at worse and tell the guy to fuck off as you ride away at best.
>>
>>1002035
But I did follow the, on some occasions and the distance did not increase your statement is just plain wrong.
>>
>>1002315
It's a right hand drive vehicle that can fit all the mail on the route and has 4 drive for the winter which is almost a necessity. Slowing down to 10mph between mailboxes instead of 50mph really slows you down. When you consider its miles between mailboxes sometimes.

I did slow down and wait to pass several times I was hoping they would get the message but they didn't I even told them the next time they went by and when they flicked me off and didn't show me the respect I was showing them I had it out with them.

In the end the results were fine one guy went to prison.

Sometimes we get city folk in large cyclists groups and when I pass them to deliver mail if they caught up they slowed down and came to a stop within 5 minutes I usually made enough distance to stay away from them for Good and had great results.
>>
File: angry doggo.jpg (34KB, 400x320px)
angry doggo.jpg
34KB, 400x320px
>cagers playing pokemon go while driving
And I thought driving while texting was retarded.
>>
>>1002812
No, you said you kept passing them, so you didn't wait. There is not possible way someone biking even 10mph wouldn't be able to keep ahead of someone driving between fucking mailboxes. Don't pass then.
>>
>>1002837
I said I kept passing them doesn't mean I didn't wait to pass them every time. Stop making up lies.
>>
>>1001568
>texting while cycling
as a bike commuter this drive me FUCKING INSANE
people should be slapped with a hefty fucking fine for doing phone bullshit while cycling, that or have their phones confiscated and stomped on.
>>
>>1002964
If you waited for them to get from one mail box to another, and you're being truthful about how far they are apart, no, you did not wait at one mailbox for them to get to the next.

Unless they were crawling along at 8mph, that should give them enough lead. (Unless you're flying between mailboxes.)
I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong here, only that you are causing your own problems.

It's like these assholes who drive behind someone going too slow, get right up on their bumper, and then complain about all the brake tapping they have to do.
You see the situation, and you solve your own fucking problem. Slow driver? Hang back or find a way to safely pass.
Same for the bikes. Soon as they kept catching up to you, you should have just waited enough to give them a lead, and not close the gap on purpose, even if you're gaining on them.
Had you done this in sincerity once, max twice, you wouldn't have seen them again.
>>
Holy fug I just drove into boiston today at rush hour and it was fucking surreal. Literally 2 hours one way and most of it was mostly bumper to bumper traffic the whole way. I couldn't even stand it once, let alone doing it twice a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life. No wonder cagers are always so angry and violent if I had had to do that one more time let alone more I would kill myself. jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>1003028
I know, right? The other week, my buddy fucked up and got us northbound on the Garden State Parkway.
To drive 1.2 miles, one exit, just over a bridge, took us like two fucking hours, if not more.

Nothing was going on weird, it wasn't a weekend or anything, just a normal ass day.
Fuck that.
>>
>>999598
>implying everyone lives in a third world country and has to go to the hospital or die.
Worst i've had in my entire life was a broken finger.
>>
>>1003015
You clearly have no idea what your talking about.. Mailboxes are anywhere between 6 Feet and 5 miles anyways they were crawling I already mentioned 10mph.
>>
>>1003416
I don't believe you because of the speed you're saying. 10 mph is fucking slow as hell for any sort of cyclist that isn't your fuckold grandma on a rusty cruiser.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 212x238px)
download.jpg
11KB, 212x238px
>>999557
Autist
>>
>>1000967
Use the money that you spend on your car to move to a better place, or just fucking cycle. Seriously, traffic near cities doesn't go that fast, it wouldn't take much longer. You might even be faster because you can weave through stopped traffic.
>>
>>999558
The first google result for "cager genocide" is this post.

HAH
>>
rode out to see the tour of britain today

after it was done i was riding back along where all the team vehicles were parked along with loads of other cyclists. Some of the team cars were leaving at the same time so i get stuck behind one team car, just cruising along behind it at like 5mph

then some dickhead in the team sky car behind starts beeping his horn then gets on the tannoy and tells us to get off the road

fucking cagers smdh
>>
>>999726
at most you'd be racing him at 40 miles per hour
>putting my life at risk
>40 mph
baka
>>
>>1004083
Excuse me? Cars crowd you, throw things at you, yell things at you, hit you by accident, attempt to hit you on purpose, don't look for you, don't consider dangers to you that aren't also dangerous to them...the list goes on.
>>
>>999557
The absolute worst thing cagers have ever done, by far, is this:

>fucking ruined literally every major city on earth because they're too lazy to walk/take public transport.

I FUCKING HATE CAGENIGGERS
>>
>Distracted teen's sentence for killing N. Mankato couple: Month in jail, public talks

>The 19-year-old admitted to police he was putting out a cigarette when he blew through the stop sign — at a speed witnesses put at more than 55 miles per hour — and killed two seniors
>Schneider pleaded guilty this past summer to three misdemeanor traffic offenses: careless driving, being an uninsured driver and driving without a valid license.
>Schneider told a state trooper at the scene that he had smoked synthetic marijuana the previous night, was playing music on his phone and “was just putting out his cigarette in the ashtray” at the time of the collision, the charging document continued.

When will cagers actually pay for the crimes they commit?
>>
>>1005905
fucked up tbfam
>>
>>1005905
I know, cagers like to think because they once got a mailed ticket for running a red, they own up to their sins.
>>
Reading the comments from cagers on this article about expanding local bike lanes is frustrating. Worth a read to see the mind of a cager.
>http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/14/st-paul-city-council-approves-bike-lanes-along-hamline-avenue/
Select comments.

>I hit an arrogant spandex biker last year in MPLS as he blew through a red light on 6th street. Ruined his bike.... ....Not a scratch on my SUV.

>Hmmm... tell us Mr. Spandex, what mode of transportation do you use come mid-winter when the streets are deep with snow and ice and the temperature drop way below zero?

>Ohhh... aren't these spandex warriors smug? With each passing year their behavior is growing more aggress towards the drivers of evil cars. I would love a police enforcement campaign to ensure these "vehicles" have the proper lighting as required by state law.

>Bike riders should be licensed by the State with an endorsement to their driver's license or State ID card, paying appropriate fees, and having moving bike violation show on the driver's record. They should also be required to carry both liability and no fault insurance.

>These Spandex Monsters have infested downtown Minneapolis to the point where traffic that would otherwise be moving smoothly is slowed down, or even stopped.

>Can we please get some Republican lawmakers with more than half a brain to run this city. Please. More bike lanes in a state that has snow for about 6 months of the year. Great use of our tax dollars. What a bunch of idiots!
>>
>>1007339
Cagers confirmed for 'NOT FWIAR!' shouting adult babies.
>>
>>1007339
>With each passing year their behavior is growing more aggress towards the drivers of evil cars.

spot on, though I guess it was intended to be sarcastic
>>
>>1003416
>he drives 6 feet to a mailbox instead of just walking it
Fatty.
>>
>>1004187
>that last one

I almost lost my composure with some bloke today because of that. There was a badly sunken drain cover with rusty and sharp edges coming up so I shoulder checked and pulled over to get around it and the guy behind started blaring his horn even though he'd made no attempt to overtake previously. I try my best to get out of cager's way when I can because I'd rather that than die and I'd given him loads of space to overtake safely before that point but no, apparently I'm a cunt for "weaving all over the road".

Just cut left down a lane I know and cooled off but if someone gives me shit tonight I might crack.
>>
>>999598
daily reminder, if cars, roads, driveways, gasstations, dealerships, and parking lots didnt exist, everything would be closer together and you wouldnt need cars in the first place.

lol and they get mad at us for "clogging up roads"

why do you get pissy at us riding two abreast when your fatass cars are designed two abreast, making your roads wide as all hell, and your handling god awful. Enjoy your 3-7 point turns you iron lardasses.
>>
>>1003416
If it was a repeative problem you obviously averaged the same speed. Just how fucking slow are you at filling mailboxes, anon? You should be going at least three times their speed if what you say is true. And you lose it all every time you have to slip some papers in a slot?
American "worker" detected. This is why your economy is shit.
>>
What do you do when a car seems to be deliberately trying to knock you off your bike? It has happened in broad daylight before where drivers will drift into the designated bike lane (which is the size of a full car lane here) and try to get as close to me as possible.
>>
>>1008885
take out your keys and scratch the fuck out of their paint
>>
>>1008885
Sprint past them at 800w, stop in front, strip nude, scream with every ounce of psychosis you have in your body and then jump on their bonnet and take a shit
>>
>tfw cagers complain i'm slowing them down
>meanwhile I have to stop at all of their stop lights and stop signs
>>
>>1001568
>was coasting with one hand on the bar and texting with his other hand
what a plebe.

I sometimes post on 4chan while cycling.
If you've got a road without sharp corners it's not hard to type while riding handsfree
>>
>>1008885

Knock on the car to try and lure the cager out, then when it pulls up and storms at you in a rage proceed to smash that piece of shit until it's unconscious. Knock its teeth out to give it something to remember and throw its cage keys down the drain.
>>
>>1002042
he wants you to breath his cage fumes
>>
I just came here to say fuck cagers.

#bancars
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.