[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW AKRIGG VIDY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 90s mtb.jpg (368KB, 736x1000px) Image search: [Google]
90s mtb.jpg
368KB, 736x1000px
AKRIGG
K
R
I
G
G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWy5xX3-e3U
>>
File: watch_v=xWy5xX3-e3U[00_00_39].jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
watch_v=xWy5xX3-e3U[00_00_39].jpg
54KB, 960x720px
Fucking rad
>>
As much as I love Akrigg (he's one of my favourite riders) I didn't really enjoy this vid. If anything it's a good representation of just how limiting some bikes can be, stick one of the most skillful riders in the world on a 90s MTB and it won't be all that entertaining.

I would've preferred to see him do more trials stuff on the bike, just like the Road Bike Party vids, but I understand that he's trying to use the bike for what it was made for decades ago.
>>
>>998195
just out for a leisurely stroll with the puppers.

great video, OP
>>
>>998215
>If anything it's a good representation of just how limiting some bikes can be

well put, 90s mtb geometry sucked as can be seen by his strugling in the video (and he is running tires bigger than the people in the 90s used to run), but I lieked the video
>>
>>998215
I mean, yes, but I enjoyed it FOR that reason--seeing how radical he could get on a severely handicapped bike. plus, I'm from the time when we all rode bikes like that, so I can empathize more, I guess. and it was fun.
>>
>>998215
I'd like to see you make a video half as entertaining on a modern mountain bike
>>
>>998533
>Hurr, I'd like to see you do better
Eat a dick.

The funny thing is a probably could, given a crew to work with as good as Akriggs. Nothing he did in that video would be at all challenging on a modern bike.

Even on that old as shit bike nothing he did was anywhere near as impressive as the stuff he's done in the past, there are many riders who could do the same stuff and even some of the guys on here. The only slightly challenging stuff was the nose manual and the small amount of basic trials stuff he did.
>>
>>998560
K
>>
>>998195
I don't care what anyone here says, I loved the aesthetics and that was fun as fuck to watch.
>>
File: AKRIGG537.jpg (189KB, 978x885px) Image search: [Google]
AKRIGG537.jpg
189KB, 978x885px
>>998560
>The only slightly challenging stuff was the nose manual and the small amount of basic trials stuff he did.

>small amount of basic trials stuff he did.

>small

/n/igga you dont realize how hard is to learn some basic trials skills, infact that is why so few people actually ride trials
>>
>>998566
I just watched it again to make sure I didn't miss anything, all the trials moves he does in that video are pretty basic and any half decent trial rider could do them. The hopping along the river could've been done on the back wheel but instead he just basically bunnyhops along them all, and the rest is just simple (if fairly big) hops up onto the back wheel.
>>
>>998572
If you're really that good why aren't you making videos and becoming globally recognized for your skills?
>>
>>998573
Fuck off Sieg, we all know you suck at riding. You got those stabilisers off yet?
>>
File: Capture+_2016-08-26-12-57-54.png (193KB, 1440x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-08-26-12-57-54.png
193KB, 1440x2048px
>>998577
>this much damage control

Until you ride with me or find a way to prove you're steazy you should stop talking shit
>>
>>998582
>Trying to prove that you're better than someone else on the internet
Cute.

How about you post a video of what that trail is actually like.
>>
File: Funicular_06.jpg (464KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Funicular_06.jpg
464KB, 1000x750px
>>998585
Here you go
>>
File: 20160524_074052-1.jpg (2MB, 1720x2906px) Image search: [Google]
20160524_074052-1.jpg
2MB, 1720x2906px
>>998588
I eat shit in the only video I have and it's shakey as fuck so it's a little embarrassing. As soon as I get a decent video I'll upload it because it's a nice looking trail
>>
>>998585
Also I'm giving you shit for criticizing a video that's most likely way better than anything you could make. I couldn't make a video that good either but I'm not the one criticizing Chris akrigg
>>
>>998588
>>998590
Doesn't look like anything special, I'm guessing you and the other riders on Strava tried tackling it on short travel hard tails. Give me a suitable bike and I'd smash your time.

Cut out your crash if you want and just show the rest of the trail.

>>998591
I'm not criticising his skill, I'm probably a bigger fan of the guy than you are, I'm criticising a boring as fuck video that does nothing to show his true skill and what he's really capable of.
>>
File: 20160809_131813-1.jpg (1MB, 2862x1747px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_131813-1.jpg
1MB, 2862x1747px
>>998594
Give me a mountain bike that's not an upright xc hardtail with a fork that barely works and I could smash my time too
>>
>>998596
>dat crappy bike

keepin it real ma nigga! that is how you ride, ride it till it brakes and kudos for going SS. try a shorter stem doe
>>
>>998215
It isn't an old bike. It is a brand new bike made to look old.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/mongooses-1985-all-terrain-bike-contest-and-video-2016.html

Paying homage to the original bike is this new limited edition Mongoose ATB. Pulling inspiration from the original ATB, we’ve included elements like a small diameter Chromoly frame with chrome finish skin wall tires, thumb shifters, and cantilever brakes. Foam grips, vintage style saddle, and a Bullmoose handlebar round out the cockpit. A few modern tweaks include 27.5+ tires, 24 speeds with index rear shifter, and modern cross country geometry make this a fun ride on and off road.
>>
File: PicsArt_08-26-02.18.34.jpg (400KB, 1440x765px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-26-02.18.34.jpg
400KB, 1440x765px
>>998598
It's a frankenbike that I built up after the toptube broke on pic related. If you look closely you can see the crack on the near the front of the toptube where it failed
>>
>>998608
Also sorry for potato quality
>>
>>998608
>on the near the front of the

Fuck I want to chop my fingers off but that won't help
>>
>>998608
how did it crack? crashed into smth? also that is a very weird choice of a front tire
>>
>>998645
Overshot a jump and landed flat. Also I wanted to see how hard it would be to hit steepish slee with a slick front tire. Turns out not very, but most mtb slicks have thin sidewalls (especially maxxis), so it didn't take long for that tire to get destroyed
>>
Why is he running such high tire pressure?
>>
>>998664
skinwall tires are prone to puncere plus for trials moves liek drops to flat pressure has to be high
>>
>>998195
>crashes trying to wave at the camera while sliding around a corner
>next shot is him belly laughing about it

I dont know who would be more fun to ride with, Akrigg or Sagan. I love their attitudes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.