[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y'all got any uber stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1470604902770.webm (3MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470604902770.webm
3MB, 848x480px
>>
Definitely!
We were in a new city without a car and needed to get all the way across town, but the public transport was just a shitty bus, so we looked into an Uber and it picks us up, no problem and took us to our destination in a timely and affordable manner and nothing bad happened, it's fucking Uber.
>>
>>997588
>>997591
Uber shills please leave
>>
>>997609

I have a really nice story i would like to tell uberiforgot
>>
>>997588
i still dont understand!!! her wheel hit nothing
>>
>>999081
Looks like she locked up her brakes or something.
>>
>>999083
but why?? shes a professional
>>
>>999083

>>999084
>>999081
guy who races and has ridden down a mountain before here

she target fixated, or realized/thought she was going to hit the corner too fast and hit the brakes too hard
>>
>>999084
But were her tires professional?
>>
>>999083
>>999084
She apexed way the fuck too early, didn't realize she was on a very sharp decreasing radius curve, and by the time she got on the brakes she was in trouble and was going to eat shit no matter what.

That descent on the Rio road course was technical, on very smooth roads. Lots of people ate shit on those corners.
>>
>>999165
you'd think they'd have headphones and a microphone attached to their helmet like in a rally car
>>
>>999241
Forbidden. In many races/stages any sort of radio at all is forbidden. It is left to the cyclist to make strategic and tactical decisions about breakaways and attacks, and reading the curves. It's part of the sport.
>>
>>999259
If it's a sport, shouldn't it be on /sp/?
>>
>>999262
you're on /bike/, where we can talk about animes, maintenance, training, racing, purchasing, or anything else relating to bikes. Don't mind active threads on other boards as well. It's not like other topics get buried so deep that planes and ships have more active threads on /k/ or /out/ than here.
>>
>>999259
do they get to study the track beforehand?
>>
>>999262
We're a displaced people without a home to go to
>>
>>999275
They got to study it and ride it at a pre-olympics event. The men had to do three loops and a lot of guys biffed on the third, including skilled guys like Nabali. Only about half of them finished. It was a stupid hot and humid day for them, not the best time to ride a brutal 240km with a fucking mad climb and a madder descent.

The women had to do 140km, I think, on cooler but kinda damp day.

I wonder, has anyone ever won a big race by veing extra aggressive on descents? It seems like the risk isn't worth it, since people working together on flats will make up whatever time they lose to a nutty descender, which is exactly how the women who podiumed did it.
>>
taxis are utter shit and uber never convinced me they are any better, don't buy the hype
>>
File: cirnolightheartedv2.jpg (9KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
cirnolightheartedv2.jpg
9KB, 125x125px
This Milestone Million has been brought to you by Cirno, the strongest fairy in all of Gensokyo!
>>
>>999999
REEE anime poster
>>
>>999999
Checked
>>
>>999999
I approve of this GET.

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFDWP5JwSM
>>
>>999999

>off by 1

BAKA BAKA
>>
>>999999

This would have been an acceptable get. Good job it's still at sext
>>
>>997588

>be a friend of mine.
>his car is in the shop.
>decides to get an Uber to work.
>guy with BMW comes up.
>he enters with a suitcase and umbrella.
>umbrella activates.
>hits windshield, cracks it.
>driver chimps out.
>friend try to ask for insurance info, says he will work it out later.
>driver goes to three different auto shops to see if he can get it repaired.
>friend tries to get out situtation.
>driver rages on.
>friend considers calling the cops on him.
>he also finds out that the car was on short-term lease.
>thus, you aren't suppose to use for commercial purposes.

Eventually, he was able to sort it all out eventual. He got to work via public transit hours later.

I've taken it twice and I've found no problems with it.
>>
>>999999
>>1000000
>>
>>1000078
>driver chimps out.
He should, even if you try to pretend it was his fault

>friend try to ask for insurance info, says he will work it out later.
>friend tries to get out situtation.
Your friend is a dick and the driver was completely justified.

>he also finds out that the car was on short-term lease.
Nice victim blaming.
>>
>>1000085
Adults do not chimp out.
>>
>>1000089
I'm sure he didn't actually chimp out, you just phrase it that way to make the driver look bad.
>>
>>1000078

How the fuck does an expanding umbrella break a windshield? you story is bullshit and even with your editorialising its still clear that you are the one in the wrong
>>
>>1000089
/pol/ would love to demonstrate
>>
>>1000097
Go back to where you belong subhuman trailer trash.
>>
>>1000097
>>1000126
kek
>>
>>999380
You should see Nibali's ride at the Giro del Lombaradia last year, he won it by descending like a madman
>>
>>1000096
>How the fuck does an expanding umbrella break a windshield? you story is bullshit and even with your editorialising its still clear that you are the one in the wrong

I was relating a story my friend told me. It didn't break the windshield; it cracked it, enough to be noticeable.

>>1000095
>I'm sure he didn't actually chimp out, you just phrase it that way to make the driver look bad.

He had to consider calling the cops on the dude. I don't think he would done so if it wasn't serious.

>>1000085
>>friend try to ask for insurance info, says he will work it out later.
>>friend tries to get out situtation.
>Your friend is a dick and the driver was completely justified.

My friend was just trying to get to work and umbrella thing was an accident. He wasn't going to not pay for the damage if that were to be the case.

>>he also finds out that the car was on short-term lease.
>Nice victim blaming.

How is it victim blaming? The driver shouldn't have been using the car for uber in the first place. That's illegal and irresponsible.
>>
>>1000148
>I was relating a story my friend told me
I don't think any of us believe that it 'happened to a friend of mine'.

>He had to consider calling the cops on the dude. I don't think he would done so if it wasn't serious.
That's just what people say to make their hurt feelings seem serious. People use red flag words and exaggerate their fear to attempt to take the victim role when the truth wouldn't support it.

Plenty of them actually call the cops too, it doesn't usually go very far but they can fuck people over for a while by trying to make someone's justified anger seem like violent rage. It's a really common tactic by people in the wrong about something.

When I hear "I was considering calling the cops", I immediately interpret it as "I don't like being shouted at even when I've done something to deserve it".

>He wasn't going to not pay for the damage if that were to be the case
Your actions were exactly the same as someone who was going to do a runner and not pay for it and deny everything when asked to pay for it later. The driver was quite justified in wanting to get it handled immediately. I would too.

>How is it victim blaming? The driver shouldn't have been using the car for uber in the first place. That's illegal and irresponsible.
It's neither. It's some sort of breach of contract with the hire company but that's not a criminal offence and it's not irresponsible because that alone doesn't create any problems for you.

You're just trying to relate an unrelated fault of the victim to make it seem like the damage you did is somehow their fault because...who the fuck knows but that's how the logic of victim blaming works. If a victim isn't a perfect angel in every aspect then they deserve what happens to them in the rest of their life?

The ownership/rental arrangement of the car had zero to do with you cracking the windshield.
>>
>>1000096
>How the fuck does an expanding umbrella break a windshield
I suspect that anon explained it badly, I think that it wasn't the ribs expanding that cracked the windshield, it was the shaft extending.

So, anon hit the button on the umbrella by accident, and it telescoped out to full length, which happened to hit the windshield.

Some of those umbrellas can shoot out pretty hard, even if the the ribs fold out more gently. I've hurt someone once by popping out an umbrella on them, I think I knocked something out of their hand and it went flying. No real damage done but I can see how it could crack a windshield.

>>999380
>I wonder, has anyone ever won a big race by veing extra aggressive on descents?
I don't know about won but they've certainly made time. This is vaguely relevant to your interests:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haEbtHiUcBc

Bonus points because it's Lance and not the result of doping. I can't quite tell but I think that he actually gains time/places as a result of the shortcut.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.