[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.ternbicycles.com/us/bikes/471/joe-p27

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: joep27-unfold-00-blk-red.jpg (484KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
joep27-unfold-00-blk-red.jpg
484KB, 1200x800px
/N/'s advice on this bike?

I'm looking for a folding full sized bike, something that's all terrain; off & on road would be best.

Thanks.

http://www.ternbicycles.com/us/bikes/471/joe-p27
>>
>>996935
looks ok to me but i don't know shit about all-terrain folding bikes.

i've just seen you posting the same request in a few threads and wanted to let you know that /n/ is an incredibly slow board (due to an infestation of the foamer virus) so just be patient and someone with better knowledge will be here in the next day or three. yes it really is that dead here.
>>
>>996946
Oh, OK.
Thanks, actually could the bike above be modified into something that could handle off road?
Swap out tires, add suspension etc.
>>
>>996951
Any bike can take the odd trail. Just don't try taking your folding bike to proper downhill terrain.

Do you want to ride the odd trail here and there while mostly riding on roads? If so then buy whatever you want and ride it normally. Put on some tires that don't have massive knobbies so you don't suffer massive rolling resistance penalties while riding on roads. Ride them normally at relatively high pressure. You can drop the pressure if you get to longer trails you want to ride. You don't need suspension. I've taken carbon road bikes with 23 mm tires down the occasional trail without any problems. Just don't expect that the folding bike can take the trails at the same speed and has the same handling as a full suspension MTB.
>>
You want a bike that will do everything. There's no such thing. If you're gaining at something you're losing at something else.

Eg hybrid tires which have treads on the outside and bald in the middle...you're not gripping good on loose surface and you're not going as fast on pavement either.

The closest thing I could suggest, if you want a do-it-all bike, is a hardtail mtn bike. You'll be a little slower on the roads and it won't fold, but it can ride over any terrain without any issues and will be well durable for many years.
>>
>>996935
search: tern frame failures
>>
That's a cool looking bike, I'd b-
>1,100$
Fuck nevermind
>>
File: Capture+_2016-08-26-15-06-13.png (3MB, 1304x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-08-26-15-06-13.png
3MB, 1304x1498px
>>997125
Holy shit that's terrifying. All the pictures show it failing in the same place on that folding joint
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.