[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippines to dismantle its LRT lines, replacing it with BRT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MANBus.jpg (86KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
MANBus.jpg
86KB, 960x720px
http://www.philstar.com/business/2016/08/18/1614506/lrt-2-give-way-brt

tl;dr
>Proposal to completely dismantle the aging LRT-2 line and replace with with novel and intelligent BRT system
>such move would save about 12 billion pesos of taxpayers money annually (in fare subsidy)
>They are also planning to replace of section of backbone railway lines with BRT, by uprooting the tracks and build a dedicated BRT lanes

What do you people think?
>>
Great
>>
>>995757

Sounds like a beginning of a wonderful new boondoggle.
>>
>>995757
Functionally there is very little difference between light rail and BRT, so I'm not sure how this makes a hole lot of sense given that they already have the light rail infrastructure.
>>
>>995876

After Googling about it, I'm not even sure if that should be considered as light rail since it is basically heavy rail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_Light_Rail_Transit_System_Line_2
>>
>>996022
Maybe they should rebuild it to be compatible with their LRT-1 line then, seems like it would cost less than switching entirely to buses.
>>
>entered service in 2003
>ageing

What kind of bullshit did they buy?
>>
>>996072

This is the Philippines. They probably bought total garbage, pocketed the money "saved" and blew it on a massive collection of Honda civics.
>>
>>996200
Made by Rotem based on Hitachi's blueprint, so I don't think they're shit. It's basically what the japs used for their subways as well

If they really wanted to demolish a metro line, MRT-3 should be on top of their list. Unironically LRT-2 lines are one of their better lines (despite being itself slowly becomes decrepit due to years of neglect)
>>
>>996022
It's labelled as such because it's operated by the same company that runs LRT-1 but not MRT-3
>>
>>996285

---joke---
-

Your head
>>
>>995757
Filipinos are getting cucked by big BRT
>>
They were always cucked. It's in their blood
>>
Things people say:
>Look at Switzerland and its awesome public transit
>Look at Japan and its awesome public transit
>Look at Germany and its awesome public transit

Things nobody says:
>Look at the Philippines and its awesome public transit

/thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.