[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BART technician's test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (9KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
9KB, 279x181px
I took the technician's test for the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), was the hardest test I've ever took and even though I studied non-stop all week I got only a 40%. The test I took is specifically for communications. The fortunate part though was every other person in the class failed too, only 9 other people taking it. Some of these people looked like electronics engineers or managers in their 50's and 60's but still had a shit fit. I swear though, when it comes to the BART it's like the Harvard of the electrical technician's world.

The people who pass then have to take another test showing their capabilities in actually troubleshooting 555 timer integrated fans. Then after that is an interview to see if they like you. Once all these phases are passed THEN they finally offer you a job. It was honestly a 250$ waste to get a plane ticket, eat and take the metro up there just to realize you failed it. How are the technician's tests for other cities? Any easier or worse?
>>
>>995406
>Malaysia
>job as rail technician
>requires diploma (not yo high skool diploma. We're talking about something equivalent to associate degree in America) in either mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
>successful applicants will undergo 2 months training
>starting pay: USD 600; not including monetary incentive, insurance and housing schemes
>>
>>995406
It's too bad they couldn't troubleshoot whatever was frying their trains
>>
Does being a tech for BART even pay you enough to live in that fucking city?
>>
>>996196
Probably have to live in Oakland lmfao
>>
To work for one of the bigger utility companies in the US you have to pass a resume screening, an online personality/math test, then you have to take a technical classroom test based on the position which is intense. Then if you pass that you finally get an interview and at this point you're waiting probably 2-3 months.

If you fail any one part you have to wait 3 months to reapply. If you fail anything again you have to wait 6, and then a year, and then 2 years.

I'm the only one out of my whole company who applied and hasn't failed anything.
>>
>>996196
They're drivers and probably techs get paid like 100k and they still went on strike.

Pissed off the whole bay area overnight
>>
The blimp train technician's test is fucking insane. You practically need to have an aerospace engineer's understanding of low-speed fluid dynamics. And don't get me started on the magnetism portion.
>>
>>996281
The Milwaukee Road engineer's test was pretty brutal too. You had to write a 100 page research paper on why the dieselization was the greatest transportation blunder in history.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.