[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good ways to practice cornering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1rkQxtY.jpg (144KB, 940x616px) Image search: [Google]
1rkQxtY.jpg
144KB, 940x616px
What are some good ways to practice cornering?
>>
By being crashed into
>>
Dirt biking and confidence help get more comfortable turning without much traction
>>
>>994166
ride more
>>
>>994166
did that result in a crash? That's some sikk angle
>>
>>994191
No, they rode a whole lap like that
>>
>>994166
>What are some good ways to practice cornering?
You get better cornering by going out and practicing cornering. There's really no substitute for practicing bike-handling skills than by riding the bike itself. You can look up YouTube videos on the subject, read books, talk to experienced people or people who coach riders, but it all comes down to getting on the bike and going out and practicing taking corners at speed. This of course is why I always discourage people from spending too much time on stationary bikes or with their bike on a stationary trainer, because you get zero time with bike handling skills that way.

Oh and by the way your pic doesn't qualify because that's on a banked velodrome so he's not actually cornering, what he's doing is an entirely different skillset only related to cornering.
>>
knee pads and balls of steel
>>
>>994166
The fuck is going on in this picture? is it not shopped?
>>
>>994356
Keirin crash yesterday, she avoided falling by riding over the wall thingie. Pretty based.
>>
>>994224
Yeah, probably getting some leather and pads and just going for it to have the least amount of hurt when you inevitably fall. Then you can take corners no problem with spandex.
>>
File: keirin.webm (2MB, 836x504px) Image search: [Google]
keirin.webm
2MB, 836x504px
Follow your dreams
>>
>>994166

Ride your bike in the snow. Once you master the white slippery stuff, pavement will be nothing.
>>
>>994384
What the fuck went into the frog. She just decides to suddenly crash the race with no survivors. And fails by leaving survivors.
>>
File: 1471296733298.webm (2MB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
1471296733298.webm
2MB, 800x435px
Is acceptable when somebody tries to pass you on the velodrome?
>>
Just get confidence in the bike, you really dont need more than that. And to get confidence in the bike you need to ride it alot and push it a bit around corners when you can.
>>
>>994428
No, positions are predetermined before the race and it's bad form to overtake anyone.
>>
>>994384
What I want to know is, at an Olympic event, why do we only have this one shitty incomplete clip?
>>
>>994440
I believe what anon meant was "is it acceptable to barge into someone on the velodrome"

>>994441
Olympics really lock down on copyright but yeah I'm surprised that in these modern times the webms are still thin and few.
>>
>>994166
Did the orange guy fall off the track or did he make it?
>>
>>994441
Because the crash was the more interesting part for casuals
>>
>>994166
>Make sure you weight the front of your bike, this gives your front wheel the traction it needs to turn without slipping.

>Look where you intend to go, not where you want to avoid.

>Do your braking before you turn (if you feel you need to slow down), and make sure you're in a suitable gear for sprinting out the other side of the corner.

>And the classic: follow the racing curve (unless it's a blind corner potentially hiding an obstacle)

I could give you some more mountain bike tips for turning involving body positioning, but I imagine it's not applicable to road bikes, so I've just given some general advice.
>>
>>994456
About following a racing line through curve. It's better to apex too late than too early. If you apex too early and notice you need to make a tighter turn than planned, often happens with apexing too early, shit gets real hard unless you're going so slow that your line through the turn doesn't matter.
>>
>>994448
>Guy
>>
All of these crashes look intentional. Can a track bro fill me in here... ? This looks like one asshole attempting to ruin the race
>>
>>994464
if it were bmx it would be just another day at the office
>>
You could try cornering. Cornering is pretty good practice for getting better at cornering.
>>
>>994428
I forget, what's this guy's name again?
>>
>>994464
Its just peopl going very fast. In the Cavendish gif its the second guys fault for being a retard and not looking forward. Cav did pretty usual move of dropping down from the high side but the other guy wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>994441
Because they keep fucking taking down every Olympic related video
>>
All of these asymmetric disc wheel designs are triggering me hard.
>>
>>994653
>Pretty usual move
He pulled off the front looked at the rider that had been shadowing him, cut his wheel without any type of reaction, and then he just adjusts his sock!

Do you even track bro? This is the type of bullshit you see in a Cat 4 field.
>>
File: 1471319488273.png (700KB, 826x467px) Image search: [Google]
1471319488273.png
700KB, 826x467px
>>994679
If you can't handle a bit of banter on the trak then just fuck off right back to korea u homo
>>
>>994653
Cav is a fucking dick. He thinks he should always get first because he has a track record. Road or track, he makes dangerous moves to cause crashes then bitches about how everyone else isn't aware
>>
>>994693
The guy behind lost his line though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.