[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Specialized Alibi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 2017_specialized_alibi.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017_specialized_alibi.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/bikes/fitness/alibi/118326

How many times have you been ready to ride, only to be confronted with a flat tire? Well, our Alibi wants you to be pumped up to ride, not pumping up your tires. That's why it comes with tires that don't need any air at all. That's right, you can kiss your pump goodbye, and more importantly, you can say goodbye to ever having a flat tire again. We also designed an anti-rust chain for this bike that removes the need for regular dirty, grimy maintenance, plus a super comfortable Body Geometry saddle and grips that are 100% designed for women. The Alibi is always ready to ride, so consider it the perfect partner on your path to a fitter, better you.
>>
Is this some kinf of marketing attempt?
>>
>>993747
No. The shop I work at is gonna start selling these in the coming season. I feel ashamed to work at a place pushing garbage like this.

>Implying airless tires are a fresh new idea and solve a problem people have
>Implying women are not capable of inflating their tires and cleaning/lubricating their chain
[spoiler]They're just as bad as men[/spoiler]
>>
Fuck having to install those shitty plastic tires at my shop
>>
>>993759
Please, anon, share your experiences.
>>
seems like a good marketing scheme to me, it panders to the people that know jack shit about bicycles and dont take it too seriously.
>>
>shit gets wet
>use your targets airless bike and wear the "tyres" out a little
>absorb all the puddles in your town
>ride on 2 sponges
>give it back to your target
>he/she slips and breaks the neck
>while you have your Alibi™
>>
>>993744
>all that stupid shit
>100% designed for women
Can't stop laughing.
>>
An anti-rust chain would not remove the need for regular maintenance.
>>
>>993751
They solve a problem when you're a poor student/ person that lives in a city where there is glass everywhere on the streets, potholes too. The alibi is great bike. It's like 475 for a bike that you don't have to replace tubes. All people have to do is learn how to lube a chain and maintain cable tension to keep it running. Changing tubes intimidates some people

t. I work at a shop that sells them
>>
>>993771
fucking kek
>>
>>994115
a decent used bike, a portable pump, and many years worth of tubes and patches can be had for the same 475
>>
>>993744
I work at a bike shop that carries Norco, Spec, and Electra. Our two best selling bikes for 2016 were the Electra Townie and Spec Expedition which together made around 1/3 of our total bike sales. Our client base has no understanding of bike maintenance or desire to learn because they are definition casuals.
This bike honestly makes so much sense to that kind of person.
>>
>having to replace the entire tire when it wears
>not using a solid tube to ride with your favorite pair of tires
>>
>>993751

apart fromt he weird gendering it thik this is great !
there should be a male and a female version.
one that is completely identical except for the saddel.

this bike is what most people should buy that actually get a 1000+ € mtb or stupid expansive comuters.

the people that don't really care a proper niche and I'm glad that this bike cateres to it.

I wouldn't ride it my selfe but I would definitly have my ma look into one.
>>
>>993759
a bike shop worker complaining about having to do work, more news at 11
>>
>>994214
just dont hammer nails and screws into your tires, problem solved
>>
>>994197
Yea, to people like you and me that know what they're doing. You can't expect casual commuters to do that, that's why they want a bike that they don't have to worry about.
>>
>>993744

This is a pretty good deal for a 1x commuter, just replace the tires immediately. I assume the rims have a valve hole... right?
>>
>>994452
They do, but why replace the tires? They ride fine
>>
>>995816
no
>>
>>995839
Have you tried one? They're made for commuting, not distance riding. Sure, I wouldn't want airless tires on my fun bike but for a city commuter? Yes please
>>
>>996247
no
>>
from what i've heard, these tires are a bitch to install and remove. you can damage your rims just getting the tires on. and, while they won't flat, road debris like glass shards and sharp gravel will take chunks out of the tires. in which case, they are trashed and need to be replaced.
>>
File: image.jpg (1000KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1000KB, 3264x2448px
>>996255
Try one

>>996266
They're not hard to put on, they just roll on and snap. Look here's a half section of the tire it comes with
>>
>>996712
-How much do they weigh?
-Can they be bought separately and what's the pricing like? I tried searching the model name but couldn't find anything
-Are they just solid rubber? I always assumed airless tyres were filled with some sort of foam which would make more sense when it comes to weight and replicating an air filled tyre
>>
>>996716
I can't answer the first two questions because specialized hasn't really released that yet, but the tire is made out of a self skinning foam. It's pretty damn tough.
>>
>>996247
I prefer the ride to be as efficient as possible.
So tires for distance riding are also what I use for the commute.

Though I have a good bike infra in my country
>>
>>996724
America bike infra is shit so there is a need for airless tires in some places
>>
>>996722
Interesting. Is the foam actually any good, like does it grip anywhere near as well as rubber and does it wear quickly?

One thing I just realised about these things is they're limited to a single rim width and possibly even bead shape, that would be a huge issue if they tried selling them separately. I can just imagine someone putting them on a slightly too wide rim and having them roll off.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.