[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /n/ when are you installing a dropper post on your road bike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: dropper post.jpg (80KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
dropper post.jpg
80KB, 1137x640px
So /n/ when are you installing a dropper post on your road bike?
>>
>>991312
>more weight
>more expense
>one more thing to wear out/break
>solution in search of a problem
How about 'no'?
>>
>>991312
wouldn't lifting my ass off the saddle and shifting most of my weight to my feet have a better outcome? bb is much lower than a seat at top tube height
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 327x323px
Dropper posts are annoying because they're like a Pandora's box. Once I found out they existed there is simply no way I'm gonna be able to buy a MTB and not have one now.

I would be perfectly happy with a normal saddle on a MTB if I didn't know they existed but unfortunately I do.
>>
>>991348
>Dropper posts are annoying
You can say that again.
>fiddly to get all the cable and housing lengths right
>sometimes come missing the tiny little pinch fitting that's supposed to hold the cable (ALWAYS check that you have 100% of the necessary pieces before starting on a dropper post install)
>prone to failure, sticky seals, eventually requires service - just one more thing on a bike to break
Fuck dropper posts, bring back the hite-rite.
>>
>>991351
>bring back the hite-rite.

yes please
>>
I have a reverb on my MTB. I use it, but not often enough to justify the $300 price. This bad boy was only $24.95 in 1984 dollars.
>>
>>991344
That would actually be worse as you'd be raising your centre of gravity, a dropper post allows you to lower your upper body which is where the majority of your mass is located.
>>
>>991436
Doesn't look like it'd be that hard to make something like that.
>>
>>991312

Road no
CX yes
>>
>>991436
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=24.95&year1=1984&year2=2016
>$60 2016 dollars for a spring
>>
>>991446
I don't understand how weight on the bb and bars would have a higher center of gravity than weight spread across the bb, seat and bars?
>>
>>991840
Because you're not lowering the height retard, you're moving it forward and up.
>>
>>991840
What >>991845 said. Just because you're changing the place the weight is supported (from pedals, saddle, and bars to just the pedals and bars) doesn't matter, the weight is still located further up.

It's the same as when you're standing on the ground, even though you're making contact as low as physically possible your centre of gravity is still in your torso. If you then crouch down you're still making contact with the ground at the same height but your CoG lowers and you'll be harder to push over.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.