[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kick Scooters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Vokul VK-205 Premium Pro.jpg (98KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Vokul VK-205 Premium Pro.jpg
98KB, 1500x1500px
I'm thinking about getting a scooter to commute 2.5 miles for school. Is it doable or am I gonna hate my life? I am trying to avoid paying $225 for a semester long parking pass
>>
90s rigid mtb with slicks
>>
They should make kick scooters with some rake on the fork and a non-straight stem, so they wouldn't be so twitchy.
>>
>>991011
I've been using a kick scooter very similar to the one in your pic for almost two years now. I'll quickly list it's pros and cons for you.
Pros:
>cheap
>fast and easy downhill
>can transport beer crates on foot
>can be packed and carried
>can be taken onto buses, trains etc.
Cons:
>not as fast as a bike
>gets tedious after a mile
>absolute pain in the ass uphill
>can't be used on dirt, wet road, frozen ground etc.
In short, you should buy a bike.
>>
>>991011
might work if it's ultra smooth and flat and you don't need to carry anything.

I used a scooter like that to get the 1km to my bus stop. This was after I got sick of walking and before learning how handy bikes are.

4k is kinda pushing it on a kick scooter though, especially if you have any sort of heavy bags.

>>991063
They usually do. My first ride I didn't realize it ans was riding it backwards down a hill. I had a backpack over the handle bars and was pretty close to crashing.

Besides being able to be folded and hung on your backpack or stowed in a locker, bike beats it in every regard.

>>991033
for 4k you can pretty much ride any POS, though slicks and rack should be priorities.
>>
Get a folding bike, they will serve the role you need filled and can do more if necessary
>>
OP here wanted to give an update: So I bought a scooter on craigslist about 2 hours ago and I wanted to travel somewhere 2.5 miles away and then back to simulate what it would be like to go to school. Although my practice route has a long drawn out hill for a bit, the route to my school is mostly entirely flat.

I started and it was very easy and enjoyable as it was only flat and downhill at first. At the 2 mile mark I began to get somewhat tired and I pushed on. It took 24 minutes. On the way back it was harder because I was tired, using my non dominant foot to pedal back, and the uphill part I had to walk sometimes. That took me 33 minutes for the way back.

When I came home I was exhuasted and I was sweating to the point where my hair was wet. I also got a tan on my face with how hot the sun was and my wrists are sore from holding on to the handle bars.

I'm glad I got the scooter, but I don't think I'll be able to ride 2.5 miles to school and back. I'm going to now either look for a street where I can park my car closer to school or just buy the parking pass. This scooter is perfect to commute on if you are going somewhere 2 miles or less.
>>
>>991146
I warned you about kick scooters, bro.
Buy a bike.
>>
>>991011
please be bait
>>
File: IMG_0338.jpg (1MB, 1828x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.jpg
1MB, 1828x2048px
>>991151

Kickped from NYCEWheels.

NYC guys had this custom made by some scooter company specifically for city commuters. Better specs compared to most other options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4_rrKoTAA
>>
>>991146
Just get a bicycle man what are you doing
>>
>>991180
It's just a fucking ad.

Kick scooters are shit.

Get a bike you nerd.
>>
>>991146
>going under 4 mph
>""""transportation""""

Please get a bike.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.