[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you bunny hop /n/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: bike lane jump.jpg (62KB, 599x444px) Image search: [Google]
bike lane jump.jpg
62KB, 599x444px
Why can't you bunny hop /n/?
>>
File: thrawn.jpg (87KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.jpg
87KB, 774x1032px
>>990753

I bought into the 29er meme and have comically long chainstays.

but really? I can't into the hip thrust.

Instead I bought clipless pedals and 29er+ rims/tires so I can look slightly down my nose at full-susfags while being secretly ashamed.

Also, I've kinda chickened out as I enter middle age. One of my neighbors permanently crippled himself on what amounts to a loca bunny hill and I haven't done much singletrack since. He hasn't talked about it, but I'm pretty sure I know the exact spot he wrecked. It's a simple double-tabletop, but it's also just slightly off-camber and just a little bit longer than what you can clean without cranking.

Like.. the guy is UNLUCKY to be alive, and it was just some scrub segment. I've been out to real mountains since and I have more fun with uphill tech anyway. So fuck bunnyhopping. I'll work on powerstroking.
>>
Because I'm afraid of my rims getting utterly fucked since I'm a road fag
>>
I can only do it when I'm drunk
>>
>>990970
>riding a bike while drunk

How does it feel to make so many bad decisions?
>>
>>990753
i'm fat :C
>>
>>990753
I used to be able to hop onto picnic tables as a kid with my bmx.. sadly I got old and now can barely get over a curb with my road bike
>>
>>990975
Feels good man
>>
>>990753
I don't even know how.
>>
I can bunny hop pretty much any bike, however I can only do pleb bunny hops where both wheels come up at the same time on my road bike as the seat is so high. Maybe I should put my dropper post on it.
>>
>>990977
heh same. I rode trials bikes in my teens, could bunnyhop 180 and hop from a wheelie and keep the front wheel up after landing. Don't think I could do any of that now, don't even think I could wheelie my road bike.

I've at least kept my general bike handling skills though, can be really noticable when riding with mamils that have only taken up riding in middle age.
>>
File: 20160627_211939-1.jpg (320KB, 3048x1640px) Image search: [Google]
20160627_211939-1.jpg
320KB, 3048x1640px
Bunny hopping should be second nature if you spend more than a couple hours a week on your bike otherwise you just suck
>>990759
Hearing about shit like this is weird when I've slammed so many times on big gaps and drops with nothing more than a t-shirt, shorts, and shoes. I'll probably cripple myself one day but shit happens
>>
>>990993
dude you can't even 360 a bmx bike
>>
>>990992
Yeah I ued to be able to do nose bonks and tail tap 540 and 360s and hop to manuals and wall rides ect and now I am just shit. I wont lie my basic bike handling skills have gone to shit and no I am scared to hurt myself too badly... spending 6-8 weeks in a cast ould be like death.
>>
>>990753
>Why can't you bunny hop /n/?
because i need to git gud. gonna go dick around in a minute. it's such a weird full-body motion.
>>
>>990753
I have noticed that when just riding down the street and I consciously try to bunny hop I can can get about an inch of air, but if I suddenly need to emergency clear a hole or big stick or something I manage to hop over those obstacles. Go reflexes
>>
dont have health insurance
>>
File: Poochie.jpg (19KB, 522x381px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie.jpg
19KB, 522x381px
>>991279
Neither do I.
I'm also listed as Do Not Resuscitate and Organ Donor, because literally #yolo.
>>
I just never got the hang of it, i guess.
>>
>>991154
Getting there. 180s are getting easier but I only have a mountain bike
>>
>>990759
> middle aged
>thrawn fan
It's only natural
>>
>bunny hopping over crags in the road on steep declines to maintain speed and smooth ride
feelsgoodman
>>
>>993557
Why wouldn't a middle-aged anon like the only good thing to come out of the EU?

>>991275
>I consciously try to bunny hop I can can get about an inch of air, but if I suddenly need to emergency clear
Yeah, same. When I practice I'm shit but I can get over speed bumps fine which is what I usually need it for. I can also mount curbs pretty cleanly which is the other main thing.

Really, I use it so that I can just ignore obstacles and keep a smooth ride while everyone else is dismounting or braking or going around things.

I'm also a huge fan of Sagan for that one race end bunny-hop that probably won it for him.
>>
>>990759
>One of my neighbors permanently crippled himself on what amounts to a loca bunny hill
I'm betting it wasn't as gnarly as what Martyn Ashton did but still, with the right friends, he can still hit the trails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_hn3Xf90g
>>
File: 1467520108766.jpg (102KB, 735x660px) Image search: [Google]
1467520108766.jpg
102KB, 735x660px
>>995837
>you will never watch road bike party for the first time again
>>
>>995856
meh, repeat watching picks out more details that you missed. The BTSs is also pretty good.
>>
>>995856
imagine how he feels watching it.
>>
Bunny hop? Like its hard? I was a chubster as a little kid and I could still handle that like nothing. Still can. But yet never tried it on a road bike. Idk, I don't trust it for some reason. The triple wall rims on the bmx bikes and shit prob have something to do with it
>>
>>995837
Why is he so happy while going that slow?
>>
Because I ride a touring bike with at least 10 lbs of gear in my panniers at all times
>>
Give me a bmx bike and Ill hop over that shit no problem.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.