[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this deal worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: C16_C13226M_PRM.jpg (31KB, 354x214px) Image search: [Google]
C16_C13226M_PRM.jpg
31KB, 354x214px
I am 175cm (5'7) and an inseam of 81cm. I got told by a few bike shops that a 52cm bike would be best for me. I really dig the Caad 12 and found a used one 400$ cheaper than a brand new one but it's 54cm. Should I still go for it even if it's a little too bug for me or should I save for a new one?

Also, suggestions for a beater road bike at around 100-500$ CAD? Something that doesn't attract thieves.
>>
Also arm's lenght is about 71cm
>>
>>989554
You dont want a bike thats too big for you. No adjustments will fix that issue and make it comfortable. Save up for one that fits right.
>>
175cm is 5'9.
>>
Cannondales have a longer reach than most bikes, if you look on their site itll say under the geometry of the bike that its Effective Top Tube length is around 53cm for a 52cm frame and 55cm for a 54cm frame, this will obviously be bad for you as youll be overreaching from the start and you might want to look at a 50/51/52cm frame. Caad is an excellent bike though and if your bike has it for a price you like then you can just get them to order in a smaller one. i regret not getting my lbs to order the smaller size of the bike i wanted but its a sweet bike. in my case i used a shorter stem but this can change how the bike handles slightly
>>
>>989557
*length
LENG-th

not LENG-huh-tuh you fucking spastic
>>
>>989554
will depend on the bikes geometry. I ride a 50 cm Giant TCR now, my bike prior to that was a 54 with less reach.

There are definitely things you can do to make a slightly larger frame work, like a compact stem.
>>
im 5'10 and i found a cheap used cannondale just like you but the frame is 54cm, will it be too small for me? all charts say i should get a 56 frame.
>>
I'm 5'9" and had a CAAD10 in 54cm and it was too big for me in reach, my back would wind up hurting after about 2 hours. I ride 52cm frames now and they are far more comfortable.

You can do things to make a too small frame fit you, but you can't really make a too big frame fit you.
>>
>>989586
compact stem is not a good solution as it makes handling very twitchy, you shouldn't really go less than 90-100mm
>>
File: bik.jpg (4MB, 4659x3317px) Image search: [Google]
bik.jpg
4MB, 4659x3317px
Manlet bike for manlet OP.
>>
>>989591
charts are guidelines, and inseam is the primary measurement for determining what size you get. I have a 30 inseam, and the CAAD12 54cm is just about right for me. I have a couple of 56cm bikes that I really wish were smaller. They work OK, but a couple cm would make a noticeable difference.

>>989554
thieves are attracted to everything.
>>
>>989648
>thieves are attracted to everything
except jobs.
fucking nigs
>>
>>989554
just bought a 54cm CAAD12 (i think there's still an active thread about it i started a little while back) and i'm 5'8". it definitely feels pretty low and aggressive for me with the long reach, but that is what i wanted. i'm adjusting to it and it's becoming more comfortable. that said, you need to just get out and ride both of the bikes to see what feels more comfortable.

definitely don't buy an ill-fitting bike to save a few bucks. you'll regret it if you spend much time in the saddle.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.