[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/drt/ - Daily Ride Thread - Aero helmet and a rain cape, what a fred!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 98

Too hot for long rides lately. Too tired to get up early. Too many insects to ride late.
>>
I rode to work in the rain, possibly was hailed on.
The overnight people I was there for had their work truck brake down so I went home.

Hopefully it helped me prepare for my eventual Highway 101 ride.
>>
>>987534
on the plus side, I got to see water in the wash and I saw a hawk swoop on a bullfrog.
>>
>He doesnt eat the insects that fly into his mouth

Not a real cyclist
>>
File: Zuko_Season2.png (410KB, 715x479px) Image search: [Google]
Zuko_Season2.png
410KB, 715x479px
>tfw hit by a car on the way to work today
>spent the rest of the day in the hospital
>nothing's broken, but can't walk much at all
>bruised and scraped all over
>hit the tarmac with my face, I look like Prince Zuko from Avatar
>won't be able to ride for a few weeks
>bike is fucked
I just want to get back on my wheels, man. :c
>>
>>987468
>Aero helmet and a rain cape, what a fred!
Ironically, you're revealing yourself as a filthy casual.

When you get your first time trial-specific bike, you quickly learn an awful truth: no matter how many years' experience you have on a road bike, no matter how hard you train, no matter how long you can continuously sustain Threshold power, as soon as you get on that TT bike, with your forearms down on those pads and your hand gripping the aero bars, bent over at the waist at a 100 degree angle, your entire body just isn't optimized to produce that much power for the same amount of time; you're trading speed for power, and no amount of force of will can make your muscles work at Threshold levels in that body position. So you spend every ride you can on that bike, in that position, trying to get your body used to it, trying to get comfortable producing Threshold power continuously. Even if it means riding in the rain, with your aero helmet on, with a rain cape over you. But of course a total, filthy casual like you would know nothing of this; all you do is 'ride your bike'. You're not a triathlete; you're not a road racer training for stage race weekends and individual time trials. The only time you're going 30mph is downhill. But that's OK. Enjoy your ignorance. You can't miss what you'll never experience. In an ironic way, you're better off.
>>
File: 1469628870748.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1469628870748.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>987583
wew
>>
File: 20160520_194035-1-1-1.jpg (1MB, 2592x1763px) Image search: [Google]
20160520_194035-1-1-1.jpg
1MB, 2592x1763px
>>987583
I may not race yet but at least I'm getting better

https://youtu.be/eqovaHkG00Y
>>
>>987583
is this the TT version of 40mph for miles and miles?..
>>
>>987645
>>987587
No, it's not, and if you think it is then you're probably also a filthy casual faggot on your fixie who doesn't know shit.

>>987592
You sound like you're better than the faggot OP, so that makes you OK in my book.
>>
File: FGR.png (83KB, 980x517px) Image search: [Google]
FGR.png
83KB, 980x517px
>>987645
Oh and by the way can you filthy casuals do this? I don't think so.
>>
File: Threshold.png (47KB, 993x406px) Image search: [Google]
Threshold.png
47KB, 993x406px
>>987645
Or how about this? I'm not even that good, and you filthy casuals would be left so far behind me I'd be completely cooled off by the time you caught up.
>>
File: ClnKnhgXIAEllvQ.jpg (111KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ClnKnhgXIAEllvQ.jpg
111KB, 700x700px
>>987580

A car tried to kill you and failed, you're stronger than car

Hope you get better soon, and you get ten consecutive tailwinds when you're back on the road.
>>
Just got a pair of Schwalbe Ones in the mail today, gonna mount em and take my roadie out on a joyride
>>
>>987655
>>987657
So really, the takeaway here is that the OP is full of shit and should be disregarded, and you should be listening to me instead, since obviously I'm a better rider in every way than any of you, and you're stupid if you don't. :-)
>>
>>987658
Does the chain even move on that thing? And does the derailleur derailleu?
>>
>>987662

No not at all, it's just a plastic model. I want it real bad, and I don't even own any figures. I would throw away the whore if I got one and just keep the bike.
>>
>>987655
>all those times not pedaling
>>
>>987658
Am I the only one that thinks that her hair would get tangled in her cassette almost immediately?
>>
>>987655
>>987657
>>987654
quit being such a butt hurt faggot and get a life
>>
File: IMG_20160730_143025160.jpg (627KB, 1698x955px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160730_143025160.jpg
627KB, 1698x955px
I finally broke the 100 mile barrier today. Just over 100 miles, and 9000 feet of climbing. It was a long day, but a good one, and now exhaustion and endorphins are waging epic battle in my body.

Pic related: view from final climb to finish.
>>
>>987714

Damn, dude. That's a good ride.
>>
>>987714

Congrats bruh. How much time did it take you?
>>
>>987720
I've actually only been doing serious road riding since the beginning of the year (was a daily commuter for like 4 years before that though), so I wasn't even sure I could do it.

>>987722
Just under 7 hours moving time.
>>
>>987676

Yeah pretty much, crazy nihonjin
>>
>>987580
I always wondered what happens after when someone hits you? legally speaking.
>>
>>987587
lad
>>
>>987580
Same pretty much happened to me about 3 weeks ago, also looked like Zuko
>>
File: Threadless.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Threadless.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
Finally switched to a threadless set up. My cycling homies were MIA today so I rode to the park and read in the shade.
>>
>>987745
sounds nice. you reading anything good?
>>
>>987745
come on put your bars level with your saddle i'm not gonna meme it up and say slam it but come on mate, put it level, that shit's actually uncomfortable past a point.
>>
>>987745
Is that spacer stack some sort of joke? And don't give me the muh comfort excuse, there's absolutely no reason for such monstrosity
>>
>>987583
>I have no flexibility and my TT bike doesn't fit me properly
>>
>>987711
LOL, I have more life than any three of you combined. Steady, high-paying work, great relationship with a lovely woman, and the admiration and respect of my teammates for the work I do for the team, and my work ethic on the bike. Unlike you worthless little NEET parasites with your thrift store bikes and entitled attitudes, skinny little skellington legs and no endurance to speak of. Really, you're all pathetic, LOL, consider killing yourselves.
>>
>>987779
LOL what would you know about real bikes? The 40 year old rust-buckets you get from Goodwill don't count, they're just refugees from the trash compactor. My Cervelo fits me fine, it's just the way it is when you first start riding one, but again filthy casuals like you wouldn't know anything about that, you can't afford decent bikes let alone special-purpose bikes.
>>
>>987745
>he reads instead of riding more
no wonder you have no endurance and no ability to produce force, you don't even ride!
>>
>>987786
>Cervelo

How's the dental business these days?
>>
>>987786
Yeah I'll stand by my statement that you have no flexibility and an awfully fitting TT bike. I find it easier to put down constant threshold power when I'm on a TT bike on my forearms.

It obviously becomes much harder if you aren't flexible enough to get to a proper position on the bike comfortably, or even worse have a gut that interferes with your legs while pedaling.
>>
>>987655

jesus fucking christ your heartrate goes below optimum so often, what a wasted workout.

kill yourself
>>
if your ride doesn't make your heart literally explode from your chest you're a pile of useless shit!
>>
File: Threaded.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Threaded.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
>>987746
True, it was nice. I'm currently reading Fahrenheit 451

>>987756
It's comfortable to me m8. I had my bars level to the saddle and I ended up with back pain.

>>987760
My threaded setup was more aesthetically pleasant to look at but I choose muh comfort.
>>
>>987814
If that tiny drop makes your back hurt, you need to do some serious core work or you're gonna have a lot of problems as you age.
>>
>>987814
why are you riding 25c tires then
>>
File: IMAG2041.jpg (308KB, 832x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2041.jpg
308KB, 832x1456px
I think I fractured my shin bone trying to make a quick get away from a red light but my shoe didn't clip in and slipped off the back of the pedal which slammed into my shin. Throbs like a motherfucker.

Also got a puncture on this ride. I average about one puncture a year and today was my unlucky day. What a cunt!
>>
>>987927
It was silly of you to try to accelerate before being clipped in
>>
>>987929
Yeah, probably. But clipping in and taking off is (almost) always such a fluid motion and I've pushed hard on take off many, many times before. But I think this time I was just ander a bit of pressure because I went ahead of a car that was waiting to turn so I was in the wrong and needed to get going quick so as not to hold him up.
Karma for me, I suppose.
>>
>>987792
Ah, an adult with experience. I can stop writing inflammatory bullshit comments to piss off the kiddies and actually be real for a minute. Of course that's the only reason I'm even posting in this thread; it's terrible of me but what can I say, I'm as flawed a human being as anyone else is. ;-)

I'm 6'4" and my ex-coach, who is also a physical therapist, tells me that my flexibilty is good, excellent in fact for someone my height, so that's not a problem for me. My TT bike has been fitted properly to me, and I've even made some minor adjustments along the way, so that's not a problem for me either. It's also not a problem to generate Threshold power on it, but I've had it confirmed that it's just inherent of TT bikes that it's not as comfortable as on your road bike -- because, as mentioned previously, you're using muscles differently because you're in an aero crouch, and if you're not all that used to it, you can get fatigued faster than on your road bike. Which explains why 90 minutes at Tempo, back months and months ago during late Base, was no problem at all on my road bike, but the same 90 minutes at Tempo on the TT bike left me feeling like I might need to see an ER doctor, I was so severely fatigued. So you spend every ride you can manage on the TT bike, even the basic endurance-intensity rides, even the recovery rides, just to get more time in on it in the aero position, to get your body used to working that way. It's just another one of those aspects of racing that you can only get by doing it; you can't go to the gym and simulate it or anything other than just ride the bike in that position.

..and of course I'll draw even more criticism and hate on this comment from everyone in this thread, but that's OK, I did come in here just to piss off the kiddies, for purely selfish reasons. I expect no less from 4chan anyway, which is my excuse for allowing myself to be shitty and hateful in the first place. Won't be here to see it anyway. xD
>>
>>987932
>dat preemptive strike
So much insecurity
>>
>>987933
It's just SO easy to make you guys rage, your skins are SO thin, I don't know how anyone can resist posting intentionally inflammatory comments, just to get your riled up. So many of you think you're master trolls, but the irony is you're the easiest to troll of all; guaranteed replies! Keep being awesome, 4chan! :-)
>>
>>987932
why do they let old people on here
>>
>>987745
didnt know this was a troll bike thread.
>>
>>987963
I thought you were leaving
>>
File: 1459621414285.jpg (906KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1459621414285.jpg
906KB, 2240x1344px
>>987972

Every thread is a troll bike thread.
>>
>>987932
Well each to their own I guess. I've always like really aggressive position on a bike and regularly rest my forearms on the tops for long stretches even on my road bike when riding.

I guess I'm lucky since I love TTs as it's a solo effort in an otherwise team sport. Allows me to channel my autism much better than normal road races.
>>
52 km in 2h. Personal best for the season

Am I pro yet?
>>
>yesterday was ab & core day
>set out for a zone 2 ride
>get passed by Cervixlo QTT9000
>suddenly it's a zone 4 ride
>passed by Freed12
>now zone 6 while he sucks my wheel
>drop him at a big climb
>passed by team-kit motor doping 19-year old with needle tracks up his arms
>zone 8
>get dropped
>passed by crotch rocket on the parkway
>zone 9

I am my own worst enemy.
>>
>>988036

Only if you were riding a fully loaded touring fatbike.
>>
>>988049
Give me something to shoot for. I've only been seriously riding for a year.
>>
>>988050

Shave 15 minutes off that time within the next six months, and half an hour within the next three years.
>>
>>988052
ez
>>
>>988053

Should be, yeah.
>>
>>987932
maybe your body is just shitty and you should quit
>>
>>988055
I'll shave 15 minutes next week.
>>
>>988059

Oh, and your time doesn't count if you have to run stoplights/stopsigns to make it happen. Instant DQ.
>>
>>988063
I have a pause button on my GPS. I actually only stopped once for 30 seconds to chug some Gatorade
>>
Was planning to take my road bike out for the first time in a few months to meet a group, but the forecast was for strong head winds both directions. The wind didn't actually materialize so I went out on the afternoon on my rigid mtb. Its quite the shock coming back into an airconditioned building after riding in hot humid weather.

Tomorrow is calling for a west wind getting strong towards noon which will be perfect for riding to the next city 70 km away.
>>
>>988069
What is your location?
>>
>>988065
Drink while riding. It's a pretty basic skill.
You should also be eating while riding more than 1 hour. Aim for 40-60g carbs per hour. Include any energy drinks as they will contain carbs.
Don't ask what you should eat. Gels/Bars/Whatever the fuck you like. Anything with carbs.
>>
>>988080
I just wanted 30 seconds to catch my breath I guess...I'm pretty sure I'm taking enough my friend is a nutritionist.
>>
File: 4U.png (52KB, 588x458px) Image search: [Google]
4U.png
52KB, 588x458px
Got my 8th Strava Grand Fondo of the year out of the way early. Wind was very cooperative today, staying light until the half-way point, then suddenly picking up as I was eating truck stop pizza. 153 km with an average speed of 29.1 kph.

While checking the distance on a map last night I saw this clover leaf that I just had to do a loop of. Its also a strava segment, but very few people have run it. You do have to approach it from the south which is a direction I don't normally come from.
>>
>>987580
Get well soon dude. I know who it feels to be off of your wheels. Will you be getting a replacement? If you aren't able to ride for a while you could use end of season sales to get parts to build yourself a custom bike to get back into it once you recover.
All the best dude!
>>
>>988322
where is this?
>>
File: my baiku2.jpg (396KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
my baiku2.jpg
396KB, 2000x1500px
I did a 281km (174 mile) ride yesterday. Felt good throughout the ride, weather stayed good. I had a bivy sack with in case I got tired and wanted to sleep before finishing, but I felt fine so I finished without sleeping.
>inb4 SI faggot complaining about be not putting a space between "281" and "km"
>>
File: faster than u bich.png (47KB, 964x316px) Image search: [Google]
faster than u bich.png
47KB, 964x316px
>>987657
haha nice try, small fry, but maybe next time get a better average speed before talking shit

Also, 336 watts and 22.3mph? Was this up a mountain? Do I recognize the obese monster that is Kheldon? I'm sure you remember me, i'm still faster than you
>>
>>988427
Moose Jaw
>>
Someone stole my dust caps again today.

That is all.
>>
>>988443
>>988322
Damn dude, how do you not go crazy doing 150k on flat boring-ass prairies.
>>
>>987580
Were you wearing a helmet?
>>
>>987583
You wrote that excellently, felt like watching Yowamushi Pedal. Thanks to this I am going for a ride right now because you got me in the mood for it even with the rain and flood warnings here!
>>
>>987657
how much do you weigh
>>
I was going to head out early to beat the thunderstorms, but when I got up the hourly forecast showed them starting around 8. Good thing I decided to skip the ride because intense lightning started around 6 instead. At least we are getting some much needed rain. Though the mosquitoes were already bad enough.
>>
>>989082
He has to be over 100kg, lol I'm 75kg and 330 watts easily gets me 26mph

If he's the guy I remember then it was confirmed he was 105kg and he claimed he had abnormally dense bones which meant it was impossible for him to get under 105kg or something ludicrous.
>>
>>989089
its possible he was moving up a low grade

the low thresh hold HR is most likely from someone large/tall though
>>
>>989091
Judging from the smoothness of cadence, HR and power I'd say it was done on a trainer or indoor track.
>>
>>988431
saddle angle m88888
>>
File: uGpNLN3.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
uGpNLN3.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>988437

Wtf, >400w average? That's amazing, are you an actual pro?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Small break in the rain so I'm going to go practice fakie riding
>>
>>989303
it's strava watts, not real
>>
File: IMAG0177.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0177.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
>go for a nice ride out to the Serra de Tramuntana
>suffer through mountains and look at stunning views for 6 hours
>get over the last climb and it's all downhill to Palma from here on out
>draft cars at +70 km/h
>gets a bit flatter can't keep up with cars anymore
>whatever just ride comfy back to eat and rest
>random Etixx - Quick-Step rider passes you
>he's not going that much faster
>catch up back to his back wheel
>ride the last 15 km back to Palma drafting each other at comfy 50 - 55 km/h
10/10
>>
>>990039
bit jelly m8

just a bit
>>
>>987592
> not sawing off your steerer tube
>>
Cool enough to do a 90 km gravel ride this afternoon without baking. After leaving the paved roads 30 km of nicely packed (smoother than new asphalt) clay, then 12 km of slow sandy gravel, with the remainder not too bad.

I took my bluetooth speaker with me and listened music for about 2 hours. This was a "try a road I haven't taken" ride and I found a bastard of a hill about 43 km in. All the steepest climbs around here are gravel.
>>
File: zagreb2.jpg (157KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
zagreb2.jpg
157KB, 900x600px
got to the top of the hill you see in the back by road - im new to road biking but done that ascent many times on mtb.

after a year of not riding it I climbed it on 39-23 which was quite radical sicn eim not in best shape, 990m btw

good times
>>
File: IMG_20160806_093330.jpg (482KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160806_093330.jpg
482KB, 1600x1200px
Did 66 miles with 6900 feet of climbing in the Dolomites today.
>>
>>990509
>Dolomites
>still not using SI units
Kill yourself
>>
>>990509
I can't even imagine doing that. I only just managed a 1000ft climb recently. Fucking killed me.
>>
File: view.webm (3MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
view.webm
3MB, 800x480px
Heat is killing me 30c here in Spain.
>>
File: griz.jpg (762KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
griz.jpg
762KB, 1600x900px
Did a quick after work summit this thursday, nice views
>>
>>990560
Madness.

Saying that, probably less dangerous than riding through the city.
>>
>>990555

Vuelta > tour de france
>>
File: griz2.jpg (617KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
griz2.jpg
617KB, 1600x900px
>>990608
Indeed, certainly riding in traffic can be less predictable. However this particular mountain was especially exposed and sun baked... :)
>>
Hour rigid mtb ride this evening. Missed KOM on a segment by 2 seconds, segment ends well beyond top of hill and I let up too early. The stars need to align for a good time on gravel segments. In addition to wind direction, its best to hit them a few days after a good rain where vehicles have made smooth packed tracks.

I've been watching progress on a new motorway a few km away. Despite running 8 100 ton dump trucks 24 hours a day progress seems very slow. Going to be awesome when it opens, 12 new bridge locations means plenty of climbing.
>>
>>990610
TdF is worst of the grand tours by a long margin. Both Giro and Vuelta are much better.
>>
>>990560

Beautiful photo
>>
File: 20160807_203816_HDR.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_203816_HDR.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Just realized how comfy it is to have 28mm tires. I used to avoid an area with chipseal on 25's because of how badly it rattles my bones.

Also, some areas in my city were flooded and there is one more week of continuous rain. Went offroad due to some routes being underwater.
>>
File: 1467085602183.jpg (652KB, 2242x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1467085602183.jpg
652KB, 2242x1002px
Forjust, a minute ,,,I felt a Cold ,winter breeze.,
,,thenit was bugs!, summercy.
>>
File: 9000 jiggawatts.png (539KB, 867x313px) Image search: [Google]
9000 jiggawatts.png
539KB, 867x313px
finally tested the rocket drive
>>
Looked at the activity feed for a local club for people that attended a fun gran fondo.
>kom, kom, kom, 2nd overall, 3rd overal
Local roadies have to turn everything into a race / pissing match. I've gone out on several of their: "easy ride no drop" rides. Which are typically: "Easy ride? No. Drop!"
>>
>>991660
Oops, shouldn't have this UCI logo here either
>>
>>991660
you must git guder my man
>>
File: IMAG0574.jpg (1MB, 2268x1407px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0574.jpg
1MB, 2268x1407px
Did a nice 32 mile ride this morning, I'm sick, but I actually felt quite good on the bike.
>>
>>991660
>caring about strava
I use it for tracking my own miles. I never look at other rides, don't return kudos either.
>>
>>991660
Dude, there will always be a lead group of people trying to go their fastest at gran fondos and similar events.
>>
File: conor mcgregor.jpg (79KB, 1028x826px) Image search: [Google]
conor mcgregor.jpg
79KB, 1028x826px
>lel
>>
>>991732
>dat r der housing loop
wtf.
>>
112 km ride today to continue exploring roads I haven't been down before. Had to skip a section due to standing water on the road. I'll have to revisit if we can get a solid week without rain.

Saw what looked like bear poop in several spots. Bears are quite rare around here but there are a few.
>>
File: 20160809_131813-1.jpg (1MB, 2862x1747px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_131813-1.jpg
1MB, 2862x1747px
It was 95° when I went out on my morning ride today; So that was fun.
>>
>>991784
It looks like it would get sucked into the spokes if it got hit by a hefty gust of wind
>>
>>991660
>getting mad because other people are fast
Do your own thing. Who cares if other people are trying to be fast.

Also there's a limit to no drop rides. If you're a slow cunt and turn up for the fast group in a fucking vest with no helmet on, you're getting dropped.
And yes, this actually happened.
>>
>>992082
Sure seig sure
>>
File: 1466129329802.jpg (716KB, 2257x933px) Image search: [Google]
1466129329802.jpg
716KB, 2257x933px
>>992079
Toospeed,,, nice!
>>
File: 1470800631538.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470800631538.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
It starts,, asa gentle rythem,,, hmmm check newest rear tire?!, Bulge justarting!!, 5. STINKING MONTHS?,leftire is 5 years!
,, valve fails, no release pressure to slow the bulge?? Doge Fur!
,asi get home itsa,, tennisball.
>>
File: panorama_desde_la_wilson.jpg (3MB, 7272x2260px) Image search: [Google]
panorama_desde_la_wilson.jpg
3MB, 7272x2260px
>>987592
I love this bike a lot. But i was unable to find that kind of frame in my country.

This pic was taken sunday at evening, around 7 pm, during an inter-valley 38km mixed trip. It was about 20 km tarmac going from home valley to neighbor vaelly, and 18 km pea-gravel, dust and a bit of sand in the returning to the home valley through rural slopes.
>>
heavy rain, rode the bus today

A 15min bike commute turned into a grueling 40min bus ride. At least a qt sat next to me.
>>
File: portland.jpg (383KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
portland.jpg
383KB, 1536x2048px
Rode around Portland OR today. I don't get why people think Portland is super bike friendly. It's so shit, even getting to Portland sucks and it's confusing. Forcing bikes to hop sidewalks and cross busy streets by a freeway. Roads are shit. "Bike lanes" are just normal road shoulders with a cyclist painted on it. Full of debris. I'd rather ride my bike in Vancouver than Portland. Portland sucks.
>>
>>991732

Flat pedals? Nate is going to slap him again.
>>
File: IMAG0359.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0359.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>start from Palma
>up Coll de Sóller
>down to Sóller
>up Puig Major
>down to Sa Calobra
>up Sa Calobra
>back up to Puig Major
>back down to Sóller
>up the other side of Coll de Sóller
>down to Palma
All the climbs without stopping.

Rate my ride /n/
>>
>>992167
I smell a vegan
>>
File: 20160627_211939-1.jpg (320KB, 3048x1640px) Image search: [Google]
20160627_211939-1.jpg
320KB, 3048x1640px
>>992356
Its way sturdier than I thought it would be. I need a better camera though
>>
Thunderstorms all day but I got a ride in this evening. Had a small cat 6 race with another guy on the MUP. Made the poor decision to take a shortcut down a gravel road, which ended up being mud. That road gets oiled a lot to keep the dust down, and the mud on top of oil was like riding on ice. At least it kept me from sinking in and getting too muddy.
>>
>>990555
>guypissing.wemb
>>
Went out for a ride and decided to take on a big climb that I had to walk up the top of last month, made it all the way up without even a break. Feeling great and going to have a cool down on the rollers.
>>
Bike thieves around here are using a new tactic to make money. Steal an expensive bike, check the local FB groups for the owner to report it stolen, then approach the owner for a reward.

Most of the thieves seem to be free range kids roaming around at night. Instead of getting 10-20 bucks from a local fence, they can get a hundred or two from the owner.
>>
>>993310
This morning one thief publicly posted his request for a "reward" in the stolen bike discussion. And one of his buddies was like "dude, delete that and send him a PM".
>>
>>993310
>>993320
Sounds like someone needs to pull a "my name is mud"
>>
2 laps of my usual after work loop yesterday: 40k, 600m of climbing. PR'd a couple of 10%+ sections.
>>
File: 1466129237750.jpg (383KB, 1792x849px) Image search: [Google]
1466129237750.jpg
383KB, 1792x849px
>>992474
7/7,,,,,whatsin the box?

,steady hummmmm,, of lettuce and onions,,,Eatup!
,,,frontire took a heapo air,,, ahhhh!, SPEED!

;oldpicsory, new system on ponyexpress.
>>
File: 20160812_152721.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_152721.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
For an unknown reason, I'm unable to ride fast at all the past 2 days. Can't be overtraining as I took a day off 3 days ago. Nothing wrong nutrition wise either. Thighs hurt even riding a little harder.
>>
>>993517
you have any data? power/cadence/heart rate? see what's changed in the last few days?

How does it feel when you try to ride fast?
>>
>>993519
Cadence averaged around 77, it's usually hovering around 90 average. Lost my HRM unfortunately.

It just hurts more than usual when I try riding faster( can't clear lactate?) as if I've been sprinting the whole ride. Not lacking energy, just hurting.
>>
>>993524
Any pain doing stuff off the bike? muscle soreness, etc?
>>
>>993525
Squats seem to be a problem, can't manage to do more than 5. Rest of the body seems fine.
No sore, no pain except when exerting
>>
>>993517
It appears your bike has sunk in to the earth, that might be why.
>>
>>993517
Just a shot i the dark but - has your saddle maybe slipped down a few mm? all it takes is around 5mm and I find my legs start to fatigue faster as not getting a chance to straighten out enough.
>>
Was supposed to meet up with a few other people this morning and split into 2 different rides. But all the people planning to do the route I was doing were no shows. It wasn't the ideal weather to run that route since it would be a headwind the whole way back, but not a strong one so I went anyway. Both routes shared the first 28 km, but after that it was just me. Ran into some construction on the way back so I had to detour a little. Came across a guy doing a loaded tour across Canada east to west on a mountain bike. Relatively few do it in that direction because of the prevailing winds. He seems to think it will be easier when he clears the prairies / wind, but then he'll be in the mountains. 149 km total, my legs were fairly stiff for the last 50.
>>
>>993679
Why not just tag along with the other group?
>>
>>993681
Didn't feel like doing 225 km with 2 meal stops today.
>>
>>993685
>2 meal stops
>225 km
>>
>>993596
Might be, might not be. Can't possibly be the case across all 3 of my bikes
>>
2nd ride out with some new mavic ksyrium wheelset. I really dont notice much difference from my old rs11s. I guess I didnt spend enough money. $500 vs the factory $130ish wheelset just wasnt enough. oh well. 50ish mile ride mostly flatish and had some issues towards the end with wind... good ride overall though.
>>
>>993719

>Mavic

Not even once.

Really though, it's not so much about how much you spent. It's that you chose poorly, so you ended up with a lateral move instead of an upgrade.
>>
>>993742
its kinda funny how anon one day says that these were decent wheels and then the next says they arent..
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Had a nice ride today. Went onto some secluded dirt roads in the woods for while, had mud buzzing in my fenders the whole time. Eventually I came up to a dead end where some dude was just sitting there in an old Buick with the door open. Like I said this is in the middle of nowhere in the woods so I gtfo of there.

(pic is before I got to the dirt roads)
>>
>>993832
>3.17 MB, 3264x2448

come on, guy
>>
>>993860

smartphone poster detected

literally kill yourself
>>
>>993754
Different people have different opinions? Crazy talk!
>>
>>993866
Not him but 4chan does seem to load pictures pretty slowly

also please be more respectful this is a christian imageboard
>>
>>993872
>>
Was lucky that a couple of members of a cycling club took me and another guy for a 30 mile ride out mostly flat with some short power climbs. Was absolutely brilliant. didn't ever need to get out of the big ring the whole ride.
>>
>>993679
Given the tendon soreness that developed later in the day it s seems my leg stiffness during the ride was caused the saddle position being off. I've only been on the bike a few times since I swapped saddles, so some tweaking is in order.
>>
File: 1431806122030.jpg (48KB, 636x497px) Image search: [Google]
1431806122030.jpg
48KB, 636x497px
God I hate riding on the weekends with all the casuals fucking up my ride
> Slowpokes riding uphills and I can't accelerate fast enough to finish the overtake before cars arrive
> kids wobbling all over the pathway
> idiots riding on the wrong side of the road
Also some asshole stuck his bottle in the small triangle above the rear brake bridge and seatstays. It popped out right in front of me and slammed his brakes without warning, the bottle rolling towards me. Bailed onto the fuckin grass to save myself.
>>
50 km ride with a slow group out to tour an orchard, so a long break in the middle. Gravel climb with a 10% average grade to get to the parking lot. On the way home I split off from the group to take a gravel shortcut home. Made a PR run on another gravel climb but legs fell apart 2/3 the way up when I stood up and started mashing for the peak too early.
>>
File: 20160814_194500-1.jpg (581KB, 2918x1713px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_194500-1.jpg
581KB, 2918x1713px
R8 my sunset
>>
>>994064

lol, newbie, that whole thing with the casuals/pedestrians will always be a thing that's why you got to plan ahead. Ride early mornings, ride nights, look for paths that aren't as traffic heavy, don't ride anyone's tail, slow down for the kiddies, be aggressive and intimidate those bikers/joggers that like to be on the road and not sidewalk, scream "on your left" always.
>>
File: 20160814_191303_HDR-1.jpg (1MB, 3083x1622px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_191303_HDR-1.jpg
1MB, 3083x1622px
>>994064
It was a little less than 70° when I took this picture. Fall is here.
>>
File: 20160814_194438-1.jpg (606KB, 2925x1710px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_194438-1.jpg
606KB, 2925x1710px
>>994171
I hope these photos aren't shitty because I was really baked when I took them
>>
>>994171
Too late/10
>>
File: IMG_0828.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0828.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Went fast like 1000 sanics on Three Bears with my refurbished '93 Trek 1420.

>tfw stylin' on endless garbon lycra freds in my shitty Carhartt shorts and bummy old t-shirt
>>
File: IMAG0152.jpg (905KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0152.jpg
905KB, 2688x1520px
>>994171
looks gay. sorry, but your sun is gay.
>>
File: IMG_0827.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0827.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>995048

pic of bike, not used because I didn't realize how potato the bush made the shot.
>>
File: 1456613158679.png (222KB, 460x427px) Image search: [Google]
1456613158679.png
222KB, 460x427px
>>995049

>sorry, but your sun is gay.
>>
>>995050

Damn son, I knew GP4000s were grippy but I've never seen them go full Spiderman like that.
>>
File: 20160816_204235_HDR.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_204235_HDR.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>stop for 2 minutes to take shots
>14 mosquito bites
>>
File: spooky ride.webm (3MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
spooky ride.webm
3MB, 800x480px
the ride never ends
>>
>>995072
dayum son

How seriously are those lumens?
>>
>>995058
yeah, biking after a rainstorm kinda blows b/c of the skeeters
>>
File: 20160814_191537_Pano-1.jpg (909KB, 5778x865px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_191537_Pano-1.jpg
909KB, 5778x865px
>>995049
The ocean is overrated
>>
I'm diminishing.

Did 80 on sunday
60 on monday
40 on tuesday
and im going to do 30 today.
>>
>>995147

About 800 lumens after dedoming cheap cree t6 light.
>>
>>995246
Did you take that pic? Here's my humble feedback:

Looks more like landscape documentation than an artistic illustration. There's nothing that stands out and catches the eye. The landscape is interesting and I like the contrast of the the flat-top mountains in front of the peaky mountains, and I like the cluster of civilisation seemingly in the middle of nowhere. I also like the half-basin. But together it all just seems bland and documentary. Plus colour is lacking. The sky is just a sky. And there's a shaddow of a faggot raping my eyes.

If you didn't take that photo then nvm. But I'm sure it would awe inspiringly beautiful standing there and seeing it in reality. Certainly a great view. Just not a great photo, inho.

polite sage for irrelevance.
>>
>>995248

Bruh, thats a typical cycling schedule. Tapering into the weekend for dat rest day.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-16-24.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-16-24.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Rode bikes at the highest elevation I've ever been this past weekend! 3100 m (10.2k ft). Was most good.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-21-49.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-14-22-21-49.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
Mmm scree.. I ride a lot more scree than dirt or pavement these days.
>>
>>995403
Did you have a bike sherpa?
>>
File: 20160814_223827.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_223827.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>995405
Hah, that would be cool... but I do enjoy earning my descent too. This was the biggest mtn I've done so far... don't think I can bike much higher locally. Ready for the Alps now...
>>
File: 1468207791278.png (159KB, 540x611px) Image search: [Google]
1468207791278.png
159KB, 540x611px
>>995402
where is that?
>>
>>995424
Alberta Rockies
>>
>>995436
>Alberta Rockies
The rockies doesn't belong to anyone idiot
If anything, BC should be the one owning it.
>>
File: 20160819_073522-1.jpg (640KB, 2956x1692px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_073522-1.jpg
640KB, 2956x1692px
>>995272
That's just the only picture of Denver that I have that shows how small it really is compared to the mountains next to it. I thought it was kinda neat. Also you're a faggot too
>>
File: 1329444688678.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1329444688678.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>tfw you are all geared up and see that you have a flat
>>
Copped a drenching and discovered that my waterproof jacket isn't waterproof at all. Kept me pretty warm though, which is good. Probably more water resistant than water proof.
Had a lot of fun though. Slow ride but a good ride. 7.8/10
>>
fat rolls = speed
>>
>>996658
is this supposed to be exhilarating? seems too wide and straight for it to be fun.
>>
>>996658
is that in maplewood?

>>996665
maybe the camera doesn't do it justice.
i think if he came off at that speed then that gravel would fuck him up pretty good.
>>
>>996665

>seems too wide and straight for it to be fun

yeah those are called gopro's and they are well know for their WIDE lenses that distort the real picture so you can see more

>>996666

nah it's catalunya also checked
>>
>>996658
>>996679
Still wide as shit.

Rent a recumbent and drive that shit downhill.
>>
>>996679
Why the hell didn't you pass him? He wasn't even pedaling.
>>
I've been working too much and havent been able to ride more than just the weekends lately. It really shows when I can only do a 30 mile ride and not be able to push myself very hard for fear of burning out early... on top of that I only made it to the gym once in the last week.
>>
File: bIMG_1003.jpg (605KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
bIMG_1003.jpg
605KB, 1824x1368px
I went on a scouting ride for a gravel ride I'm leading for a club next week. Club is full of old people, so I'll be lucky if 3 people show up.

There is a Bison farm at the top of the only significant climb of the ride. I also did some other exploring / filling out my heatmap. Toward the end I slowly chugged my way up a 10% road. The gravel was packed gud so I flew down it quite fast. T intersection at the bottom so I tried to keep my speed in check.
>>
>>996715

I want to see you riding a recumbed up there m8 I would even pay to see it. Especially the climbing and the rocky part to get there oh man oh man what fun times to be had.
>>
>>996732

Because he is my buddy and I just followed.
>>
Just went for a ride at "the hydrocut" in Waterloo, Ontario. Definitely the best mountain biking I've ever done. Went for almost 4 hours and 21 km.
>>
I want to try cycling to work to save money.
It's about 11-12.5 miles (Amsterdam). (20km max)

I have a Dutch upright but I don't think I can sustain 20-22 km/h on it for more than 20 minutes.

Looking at 2nd hand roadbikes now.
What would be a good pricepoint?
I am 5'9 would 54 be the good frame or should I go a little smaller? (I'm rather flexible)
450 euros max?

Just want to be faster than public transport without getting exhausted.
>>
>>996819
Recumbent trike would probably do that easily, although slower.
Downhill though...
>>
File: stop-pooping-809.jpg (126KB, 809x409px) Image search: [Google]
stop-pooping-809.jpg
126KB, 809x409px
80 km this morning, though a few hours later than planned (had to wait for poop). Some nice smooth dirt roads that were actually dry despite the recent rain. I really should have fixed the slow leak in my front tire when I noticed it last week, because it became less slow during the ride. Lasted 1.5 hours before I had to pump it up, when it got down to lasting 10 minutes I gave in and swapped tubes. By the time I got home around noon the temperature was up to 31 °C. Got home just in time for another poop, ran straight for the toilet.

It would seem having a big salad for breakfast yesterday messed up the poop timing. I also had a salad this morning before heading out, so I might be in for a repeat performance tomorrow.
>>
>>996962
Cont

Just did 2x1 km to test a comfortable cadence and I think I should be able to keep 20km/h up for the whole commute.
Although with sweating a lot.
There was some wind (likely cancelled out), probably a bit more than the commute is going to have typically.

I guess it would be much more comfortable on a proper road bike.
>>
>>997000
Is the route busy? Wouldn't the limiting speed factor be how fast everyone else is riding their dutch tanks?
>>
>>997009
>is the route busy
It's not Centrum so likely not very busy and a very big part of the route looks like long straights of good dedicated bike paths.
>>
not too far today, but I got my v first roadie, and just took it around town.
>>
File: 1469248011459.jpg (795KB, 2590x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1469248011459.jpg
795KB, 2590x1357px
>>996963
Did,,, once,Dogepaw saved me.
,,later, sameday,,,fast pace thrusage flowing into ravine with sand,,, sand?, Notsand!!, RIDEFASTER ,, KEEEEP ONTOP, FASTER, DEEPERSAND''',,,Fooof!, tires drop in like fine snow, fullllll stop., wellll CATFUR!,
,,,siping water,,, trying to Yoda,, nogo., voices?, Yesaved!, teens , stare from afar as I hail,, wail,,, CRY., they leave.,, CATFLEES!
,,, once again, dismount in thorns and haul to Tara firma.
>>
41 mile ride along a bike path, first ride away from street traffic in a while.

It was... nice. I fucking hate cars and the troglodytes that drive them.
>>
>>987580
Seriously hope you got the license plate # and take them for all they've got
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 266x190px
>>987964
>mfw no reply to this one
>>
File: sdfsfdsf.jpg (162KB, 1445x807px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsfdsf.jpg
162KB, 1445x807px
I was mortally hungover and decided to go for a little ride in the drizzle to try and wake myself up a bit, but then I felt so good it turned into a longer ride. When I got home I still wasnt anywhere near tired, usually I am after a ride of this length. Yes its flat as fuck but I am in the netherlands so this is what you trade for the godlike infrastructure.

Is there some secret doping in alcohol breakdown products or what? Is this what team sky does?
>>
File: bIMG_1013.jpg (1002KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
bIMG_1013.jpg
1002KB, 1824x1368px
93 km today. My planned route took me down a couple overgrown roads with grass rubbing my legs as I pedaled. Still not as bad as last month when I went through wet flowering canola which made my shoes all yellow.

Harvest is about to kick into full gear. Earlier this week my nose was running overtime.
>>
>>987932
>>987792

When you get your first time trial-specific bike, you quickly learn an awful truth: no matter how many years' experience you have on a road bike, no matter how hard you train, no matter how long you can continuously sustain Threshold power, as soon as you get on that TT bike, with your forearms down on those pads and your hand gripping the aero bars, bent over at the waist at a 100 degree angle, your entire body just isn't optimized to produce that much power for the same amount of time; you're trading speed for power, and no amount of force of will can make your muscles work at Threshold levels in that body position. So you spend every ride you can on that bike, in that position, trying to get your body used to it, trying to get comfortable producing Threshold power continuously. Even if it means riding in the rain, with your aero helmet on, with a rain cape over you. But of course a total, filthy casual like you would know nothing of this; all you do is 'ride your bike'. You're not a triathlete; you're not a road racer training for stage race weekends and individual time trials. The only time you're going 30mph is downhill. But that's OK. Enjoy your ignorance. You can't miss what you'll never experience. In an ironic way, you're better off.
>>
File: [n goes to school].webm (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
[n goes to school].webm
3MB, 576x432px
Hello /n/, I saw this and thought of you.
>>
I'm looking for a road bike maybe cyclocross for <$550
Right now I'm thinking either CL or bikesdirect
Im stupid though and I have no idea what to look for on CL(besides checking how good drivetrain is)
pls help: https://boston.craigslist.org
>>
>>998586
dat 90s rigid MTB
>>
>>998586
What is that? It looks awesome!
>>
File: earthbag-house.jpg (154KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
earthbag-house.jpg
154KB, 600x450px
harvest RACE!, army of tractors,,, sopolite!
>>
File: [going up and down].webm (2MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
[going up and down].webm
2MB, 576x432px
>>998634
All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku

90s OVA series about an android with a cat brain who fights giant robots sent after her creator by his estranged wife.
>>
>>998690
I love the 90s.
>>
File: rigid in the 90s.gif (320KB, 439x293px) Image search: [Google]
rigid in the 90s.gif
320KB, 439x293px
>>998703
>I love the 90s.
Yup
>>
File: 818_front.jpg (48KB, 422x370px) Image search: [Google]
818_front.jpg
48KB, 422x370px
>>998714
love it
>>
Took part in a local race and the weather was the hottest and nicest since they started keeping track of temperature. Not UCI approved but as far that race is concerned it predates UCI with 10 years. Probably the last nicest day for cycling this year.
>>
I'm going on a 20km roundtrip on my 600€ cross with full Shimano Deore XT and I am kitted out with a bib, cicyling shirt, compression socks going up to my knees and click pedals.

I love this feeling.
>>
>>998842
>click pedals
Clipless* pedals.
>>
>>998847
they click when the shoes lock
It's the superior term
>>
Just a commute today, resting my legs for my long sunday rides.
>>
File: bcn.webm (3MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
bcn.webm
3MB, 800x480px
Red Hook Crit was kind of lame this year.
>>
>>
Lead a gravel group ride this morning. I went out early and rode for an hour first, doing a 9% and 11% 60 meter gravel climb.

For the group ride I made a last minute route change reversing a small loop since I thought it would be easier, but made it worse going up an 84 meter climb of between 11 and 15% instead of a longer hill with a shallower grade, but steep section at the end. I had only ever gone down that steeper hill, so I didn't realize how steep it was. The other hill's short steep section was under 10%.

I stopped at the bottom of that climb to wait for people to catch up, but it was inside the segment so I got 3 minutes of stationary time on my attempt for that one.

Topped off the ride with one final 60 meter 8% climb before heading home. Lots of 10% gravel climbs in that area, too far to ride from home to get to them though.
>>
File: daqingshan.webm (325KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
daqingshan.webm
325KB, 320x240px
I rode 17km to a nearby mountain and then did an 18km ascent of it. Then I did about another 20km descent down the back side of the mountain.

That rear descent was a killer for the first 2km, the whole mountain has concrete roads and on the rear, north side, trucks and weather have stripped the concrete down to the aggregate and it's just pebbles and gravel, covered with a thin coating of mountain skree. It's basically a technical mtb track not a road. I was on a CX so it could have been worse. Plus it's way steeper than the front side, which meant I was riding my brakes, down a steep hill, on skree and spending half the time airborne due to pebbles and shit. I had to rest my hands at the end of that section.

The rest of the descent is gorgeous though and the roads get way better except for speed bumps that you have to bunny-hop.

62km in total, the mountain is a 700m climb.
>>
File: August 28th.jpg (143KB, 984x667px) Image search: [Google]
August 28th.jpg
143KB, 984x667px
I think it went well for a solo effort with no one to wheelsuck, and my first lap had to be aborted because the chain fell off; as the data demonstrates, I did alternating intensity laps: 1,3, and 5 where the maximum effort laps, whereas 2,4, and 6 where intermittent recoveries
>>
>>999149
I disagree
>>
>>999338
thats not even the real bacon.
>>
73 km today, I planned on 105 km but the wind was much stronger so I modified my route. Halfway through this one valley I had to choice to keep going down or tackle a bastard of a 15% gravel climb. I almost always skip it having only gone up it once before on my fat bike. Since I had my touring bike I decided to give it a go and improve my time. An odd feeling being in the drops but it feels like you are on the hoods because of the incline.

Finally managed to KOM a segment close to home. The gravel road was a bit rough and wind not right behind me so I should be able to improved my speed on that one another 8 kph sometime in windy September. The psycho dog near there also must have died so I can start going down a road I stopped using a few years ago.
>>
And good reccomendations for bike lights? (front and back)

They days are getting shorter and my new commuting road gets pretty dim at night. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy just something to keep me not ded.
>>
File: www.richardolsen.org_Tal003.jpg (110KB, 818x540px) Image search: [Google]
www.richardolsen.org_Tal003.jpg
110KB, 818x540px
>>999338
>>
>>987745
R you in LA? this looks like LA
>>
>>998714
Kintaro
>>
Will never understand people with only 1 bidon cage.
Do you like being dehydrated?
Or do you just not ride more than 20 miles each ride...

>>987655
Dude are you like 60 years old? Average heart rate 140, max of 169.
Good luck beating me up any climb.
>>
File: 20160829_175821.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160829_175821.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Lovely mild early fall weather for cruising around town on errands.
>>
>>987786
>all this fucking edge
>>
>>999674
Most people ride places where it's easy to stop and refill a water bottle, so there's no need to carry more than one. I don't bother with two bottles unless I'm going out for a really long ride, and even then, on a century ride I'll stop twice to refill those.
>>
>>999674
>Do you like being dehydrated?
>Or do you just not ride more than 20 miles each ride...
Yes and yes.
>>
Did a 135 km gravel route that's been in my list of routes since February. I wanted to be sure one abandoned road would be dry since a lot of backtracking would be required to detour. The wind was fucking with me on the way back, alternating between NW and NE. So my speed kept going up and down between 22 and 30 kph on a flat road. I had just enough water and food with me, going through all 3.5 L of water, 3 bottles of Ensure and an energy bar. Lately I've been getting back home with over 1.5 L left in my playpus bottle refilling bag.

Another ride or two will put me over 10,000 km for the year.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-28-20h58m29s838.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-28-20h58m29s838.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
New summit this weekend. Mmmmmm
>>
File: my baiku3.jpg (638KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
my baiku3.jpg
638KB, 2000x1500px
>>999674
I carry 3-4 bottles when I ride.
>>
File: 1315919990596.jpg (12KB, 335x241px) Image search: [Google]
1315919990596.jpg
12KB, 335x241px
Tough headwinds today. My return trip coincided with peak hour, making it incredibly stressful with all the cars and buses. Also
>tfw you eat something after a long ride without fuel
>>
File: dix30 to chambly.png (365KB, 1227x702px) Image search: [Google]
dix30 to chambly.png
365KB, 1227x702px
Did this trip today. With the trip to my home and back, Google says it's 51 km. Is this a goodstart.

Fuck those headwinds, though. What's a good way to deal with them?
>>
>>1000064
>What's a good way to deal with them?
Just deal with it
>>
>>999674
my city had drinking water fountains everywhere.
>>
>>999913

wtf why, how much are you riding?
>>
>>1000064
when you first start of, headwind sucks. but as you progress into racing, you learn that its a large part of the ride. Being able to keep a good speed in headwind, is a lot more satisfying than speeding downhill at 60 km/h.
Give it time, you will learn to love the wind
>>
>>1000064
Heartrate monitor is helpful to pace yourself when going against the wind. Don't even worry about your speed. Getting low helps too.

The fall winds are kicking in here right on schedule. All September 30 km/h + winds with typically only a few non-windy days. Zero wind shelter outside the city. It gets old fast. Sometimes going as slow as 12 kph in the drops when the wind is up to 60 kph. I think the wind noise bothers me more than the extra effort.

The return trip can be amazing though. Flying along a gravel road at 45 km/h in an eerie silence.
>>
yo, Im pretty new to this whole "cycling" thing. been about a week with my first roadbike.
Does the leg pain ever go away?
>>
>>1000254
My personal experience was your muscle soreness will heal more quickly as you get fitter, and you'll be pushing yourself harder before it sets in.
>>
>>1000256
good answer, thanks.
>>
Went out to get the 85 km needed to get me to 10,000 km for the year. Planned a 96 km ride, but the wind was gusting to 40 km/h before I left. Then it died down to around 30, so I figured I'd just shorten the ride a bit. I ended up doing the whole ride, then decided to skip a crappy road bumping the ride up to 102 km. It was hotter than they were forecasting, close to 30 °C. Yesterday's 20 was perfect.

>>1000254
Fully hydrating after a ride can help with muscle soreness. Compression gear is fantastic if you can afford it. If I'm sore after ride I'll put on quad and calf compression sleeves. I ride with the calf on during the winter. Compression tights seem like they would be quite difficult to put on.
>>
>>999913
I do want one of those behind-seat 2 bottle cages.

Any recommendations? Preferably on Amazon or something.
>>
>>1000201
>wtf why, how much are you riding?
A fair way obviously, probably in country without taps/shops.

I ride out to the mountains in China where you can't drink the water without boiling it and anyway there aren't taps around. No shops on the mountain so from base to summit, back down to base, you only have what you're carrying and it's a pretty long way, several hours of climbing in the sun with only the water you're carrying.

I carried three bottles and two cans redbull last time and it was adequate, I ran out near the end of the descent so that was ok.
>>
>>1000254
>Does the leg pain ever go away
Yeah, more or less. When you get stronger then your daily ride isn't enough to build more strength in the same way.

You'll miss it and want to do harder climbs, longer rides to get it back.
>>
>>1000064
>51 km. Is this a goodstart.
You're not going to impress a cyclist but it's respectable. Got to start somewhere.

>>1000064
>Fuck those headwinds, though. What's a good way to deal with them?
Drop bars, gears, patience, mental toughness.
>>
I just downloaded this gpx track visualization tool: http://renderfast.com/runparticles/ and got an export of all 825 of my Strava rides.

Quite interesting seeing all my bike rides being played back at once. You can zoom around on the map as they are being drawn. On routes I ride frequently its like watching a bike race between myself.
>>
fuck everyone's shit
im about to pull the trigger on some marathon pluses. Was 30 km away when I got a flat, didn't have flat repair kit. talk me out/into getting schwalbe professional bike tires
>>
>>1000496
Never ride without a flat kit and a pump you fool.
>>
>>1000497
out on a date, didnt want to ride with a backpack, didnt want to leave a $40 pump strapped on the bike either.
>>
>>1000497
>Never ride without a flat kit and a pump you fool.
Urban riding is fine without kit, you can always pop into a bike store or take a taxi/train home with the bike.

I mean, I'd usually have a minikit in my trunk bag but occasionally I'll go out with nothing, like on a date like anon.

>>1000496
>talk me out/into getting schwalbe professional bike tires
Fuck no, I'd take them any day.
>>
>>1000480
>I just downloaded this gpx track visualization tool
Looks pretty cool.

On the subject of strava stuff...
I'm in China and my phone can't run anything that uses Google play services. Which includes the strava app and a few of the usual cycling apps.

Anyone got any advice on apps that might work?
>>
>>1000512

oruxmaps
>>
>>1000498
I have a neat little bundle with a minipump, tire levers and spare tube that I always carry with me, no need for bag, it fits on my pocket.Saved my life last night when a fucking nail went through my tire (which no puncture resistant tire could have avoided).
>>
>>987735
If they're a dick, nothing, because it will probably be a hit and run. But I've gotten my ambulance ride and medical bills paid for. It really depends on who hits you and where
>>
>>987745
I hope your steertube doesn't snap
>>
>>1000496

you got smashed by ncch. I just looked up results. 9/20 guys in the race were ncch. you cant possibly think that one of the best u17 junior teams will loose to a nub with a baggy jersey. stupid attacks are nothing to be proud of. i might sound rude but I want you to understand how stupid it is to post something like this. you want approval and congratulation for racing, but you get dropped. if you asked for advice on tactics with this pic of you (probably off the back) that would be fine. no one is impressed that you committed insurance fraud to buy a nice bike. no one is impressed that you train with tubulars (your fb is pretty much a meme). win stuff and get a tight shirt. jesus.
>>
>>1000593
what
>>
>>1000550
>oruxmaps
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
>>
File: 20160831_170445.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_170445.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Rode to the PO to get muh wheels
Even after tax, its still 200CAD cheaper than my lbs. Just for the wheels.
>>
File: pine-haven-0.jpg (165KB, 1189x900px) Image search: [Google]
pine-haven-0.jpg
165KB, 1189x900px
>they poured gravel over the technical descents and climbs at the back of grassmere and oxbow for an annual footrace
thankfully the local mtb club was riding there and one of the dudes assured me that they do it every year around this time and the gravel fucks off after a while so we can get back to roots, clay and horsetracks.

only did about 4 hours today but i'm getting better little by little.
>>
If I went out for a 3+ hour ride after not doing >40 km in several months, would I die?
>>
>>1000846
Seeing as I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.

Yes.
>>
>>1000550
>oruxmaps
Checked it out, this looks really good and seems to work fine in China and on a Chinese phone.

I guess it can export to Strava so I'll finally achieve proper Fred status.

Open Street Maps doesn't have the mountain road that I like, which is also a Strava segment...I guess it won't matter too much.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 266x190px
>>1000846
If you get in my way then it would be extremely painful.
>>
>>1000846
nah you'll be fine. just take extra food/water so you don't bonk halfway out.
>>
File: 1467085939516.jpg (819KB, 2592x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1467085939516.jpg
819KB, 2592x1100px
>>999909
Wheres thetrees?,, a bush?,shrub?, lichen soup.,
,,, riding with newbeestress!, kids, and cactus or worse >>1000857
>>
>>999909
>you will never climb summits with this dude
godspeed, goatman of alberta
>>
>gps signal is periodically dropped on my rides so I end up with wonky looking routes where I teleport across lakes
:(
>>
>>1000886
>wonky looking routes where I teleport across lakes
That's a really slow teleport too.
>>
File: sumitryd.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sumitryd.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>1000867
Cheers mate, I am indeed one with the goats now.

>>you will never climb summits with this dude
Could happen.... did meet one local fellow mtb bro on /n/, crazily enough. We've done a number of summit rides, hah :)
>>
File: rainybike-bettini.jpg (47KB, 670x375px) Image search: [Google]
rainybike-bettini.jpg
47KB, 670x375px
Who /rainybike/ here?

I just had my first really wet commute of the season. It's a good dry run for winter, but the water's so much warmer. What a nice introduction to autumn!
>>
>>1000856

In the past you could use google maps and actually download any map chunks you wanted. I still have a 80 square km google maps chunk from 2013 stored offline with all my gpx routes for it.

Now this app only supports open sourced maps because of some lawsuits from google that the devs faced. This is pretty much the best app that works like a real gps by being completely offline.
>>
he is back
>>
>>1000448
51 km can be pretty fucking hard if you're riding in some steep fucking places.
>>
File: bIMG_1033.jpg (560KB, 1642x1231px) Image search: [Google]
bIMG_1033.jpg
560KB, 1642x1231px
The brown season has returned, very little green to be seen outside the city until next year. Though it is the optimal time to ride these dirt roads. They are dry and there isn't much rain this time of year.

I went for 117 km today after not riding the past 3 days and was rewarded with very stiff legs for the last 1.5 hours. It was windier than I was expecting, but at least it was cool.
>>
>>1001749

and he is lost
>>
>>1001758
What kind of a bike/tyres do you use for riding that?

>>1001765
u need more lumens m8, that's spooky is

How many do you have?
>>
>>1001781
>What kind of a bike/tyres do you use for riding that?
I use my Trek 520 touring bike with 700 x 35 knobby tires. Currently Continental CycloX-Kings.

The soil here has a high clay content and for the most part those dirt roads are firm with a thin powder layer on top, I hardly sink in at all. When wet that clay is so sticky the roads are completely impassable.

Northeast of town there is a lot more sand which can really suck on narrow tires.
>>
>>1001765
2spooky
>>
File: 20160903_125700-1.jpg (1MB, 2866x1745px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_125700-1.jpg
1MB, 2866x1745px
I Got completely soaked and was bone dry by the time I got home. I love colorado
>>
File: ImageHandler.ashx.jpg (138KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
ImageHandler.ashx.jpg
138KB, 800x534px
Wanted to do a quick and easy 40km, 600m elevation, got completely lost and ended doing 50km, 1300m elevation.

Had to do like 600m of descent on shitty gravel roads on 25mm road bike slicks, pretty scary not to mention my hands are still numb after a day.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
28 miles, over 5000ft of climbing. Sometimes I remember why I put up with California.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1512x2016px
>>1001884
Some beautiful climbs out there
>>
>>1001765
>night riding
nah mate dogemans might get me
>>
>>1001800
Sounds like fun.
>>
File: 3535354.jpg (30KB, 449x450px) Image search: [Google]
3535354.jpg
30KB, 449x450px
>>1001781

I have like 800 lumens but I tried this lens and it made it worse. I will go back to simple glass piece again.
>>
>>1001765
>>1001781
I can't understand why some mtb-fags have to ride in forests even at night sporting one gazillion lumens and disturbing wildlife.
>>
File: IMG_20160904_092348.jpg (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160904_092348.jpg
573KB, 1920x1080px
Easy ride today, only 40 miles/3000ft.
>>
File: 20160904_094426.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_094426.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Been riding for 3 months, today I did my first 60km ride :D
Did it in about 3 hours and 20 minutes including 3 stops to take a break.
>>
Bout to go for a ride with a guy I met here. Check the local papers for a gutted man laying in the road somewhere in the country with cycling cleats on and no bike.
>>
>>1001989
I'm the gutted man...not him...
>>
>>1001989

The fuck fucked up country do you live in?
>>
>>1001992
Canada, of course. I'm just exaggerating it will be fine
>>
>>1001989
bring lube
>>
>>1001995
I was 10 years older than him. Nice kid.
>>
File: Snapchat-7108076081327077686.jpg (293KB, 1080x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7108076081327077686.jpg
293KB, 1080x1794px
Went riding along the Monongahela River in Pittsburgh, went from Braddock to Downtown, then up to the Strip District.
>>
Not a great day, but wasted it working on my parents computer. Transferring settings from old computer to new computer, then transferring OS on new computer to SSD from old computer to put in new computer with various Windows 10 and UEFI bullshit getting in the way. I fucking hate computers.
>>
File: 20160904_185531.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_185531.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1001892
>dogemans might get me
kek
I was riding in some mountains in China yesterday, got to the peak at sunset, watched sunset, then rode down in the dark...not really the plan.

As I was leaving the mountains, some random doges in a village decided that I was dinner and chased me out of town.

Being bitten by random street dogs in a Chinese mountain village is definitely not a good idea so I started sprinting and dropped them at 45kmh.

They got up to my pedals before I laid it on but they didn't quite have the speed to bite me, or they were just barking and didn't want to bite, I didn't stop to check which.
>>
File: MANDARIC 4-11-16 2 copy.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
MANDARIC 4-11-16 2 copy.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
Rode 75 miles today with a friend. We took a trail that neither of us had taken before. There were a lot of homeless tent communities that had erected flags along the santa monica river trail in celebration of labor day weekend.
>>
>>999582
This was at a park in Cerritos right off of the San Gabriel River Trail
>>
>>987831
frame can't clear anything bigger than 25c
>>
>>1002253
This is me.
I was supposed to go out with a bike club tomorrow but they cancelled because of a light rain forecast.

What to do?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.