[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw get a flat every 30 miles even with a gatorskin REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 143212.png (133KB, 562x472px) Image search: [Google]
143212.png
133KB, 562x472px
>mfw get a flat every 30 miles even with a gatorskin

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'M GOING AIRLESS FUCK ALL YA'LL!!!
>>
Do you live in Iraq or something? What's causing your flats?

Memeskins aren't very good at handling glass for some reason, really odd since they're marketed as endurance tires. An endurance tire should bare minimum be able to handle a normal amount of glass on urban streets.
>>
>>987194
He's probably just fat and running at 60psi

I average thousands of miles between flats on my memeskins and I ride over broken glass all the time
>>
Try some Caffelatex with latex tubes in those memeskins if you want puncture resistance.

Stick with normal butyl tubes if you don't want to pump up your tires on daily basis. The sealant won't work as well but air will stay in them for much longer.
>>
must be using levers desu
>>
File: _detail_Durano[1].jpg (19KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
_detail_Durano[1].jpg
19KB, 580x385px
>>987192
Try the Durano plus,they have the best possible puncture protection for a road bike sized tire.

Alternatively the legendary Marathon tire is also available in 700c sizing.
>>
>>987192
Have you tried watching where you're fucking riding?
>>
Watch where you're riding and keep proper inflation. It's not difficult. I've had one flat in the past 10 years.
>>
>>987276
What is proper inflation? I don't carry anything that would check the air pressure.
>>
>>987316
You know about gatorskins but don't even have basic tools for your bike.

pls kill you're-self
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>987192
Fix your rim tape, you dunce.
>>
>>987316
you're under-inflating your tires, dickhead
i FUCKING guarantee it if you're using a hand pump you're not getting fucking gatorskins up to 110 psi. FAGGOT.

go buy a pump with a gauge for like $40 which you've probably spent on tubes already
>>
File: Boh_Bilder_1[1].jpg (94KB, 940x417px) Image search: [Google]
Boh_Bilder_1[1].jpg
94KB, 940x417px
>>987276
>>987351
These are probable causes for your flats OP.
Proper rim tape and installation is vital for reliability.
Also a metal burr or uncovered hole(not spoke hole but some rims have some holes drilled near the rim and caused flats IME)

I have had 1 flat on 10000 Km on low end tires (Schwalbe lugano,cheap as chips here)But then again I keep my tire pressure at or above 8 bar/120 psi-ish at all times.

At least 80% of tires I have to replace are due to too low of a tire pressure.
Nearly all the old tires of customers we have lying around are not worn out at all,they all have cracked sidewalls and pumping them up to their recommended pressure can often cause a sidewall blow-out.
Under inflations symptoms include;
Torn off valves due to the tire being allowed to rotate over the rim
Misplaced or broken rim tapes/strips due to the moving tube(see above reason)also moving or stressing the rim strip
Blow-outs due to fatigue on the sidewalls carcass
Pinch flats or "snakebite" flats(google em up)
A foreign object piercing right next to the puncture protections strip,which often just covers the middle part of the thread,when riding with under-inflated tires the shoulder(located right next to the thread)can also contact the road,and since there isnt any anti-puncture layer is there you can flat more easily.
Theres some some more possible things that under-inflated tires inhibit,I wont cover these here

Depending on your tire size and thus air volume and the manufacturers recommended pressure range you should check/top off your tires every 7-30 days imo.

Invest inna pump with a pressure gauge,it's really really handy.

Pic related,retards here complain about flats when they ride their tires of 10 psi for years
>>
>>987351
This.

Have you actually determined what is causing your flats? Protip: If there isn't a foreign object through the tire and the tear is on the inside, you need rim tape (or a layer of electrical tape) breh.
>>
>>987192
I don't even have to ask you any questions, I already know what your problem is:

You don't pay attention to where you're going, and you run over shit that gives you punctures.

You probably also keep going off the pavement, which makes the problem even worse, because THORNS.

Bicycle tires are very thin compared to motor vehicle tires, even motorcycle tires, and there is no such thing as 'puncture proof' tires or tubes, even a small sharp piece of rock or stone, run over at the right angle, will puncture your tires (my greatest winter nemesis, by the way, usually when it's wet out for some reason). You can put those strips, or sealant, or whatever the hell you want to try, and all you'll do is reduce the number of punctures you get. The only real cure is to AVOID things and places that puncture your tires. That means staying on the pavement, and watching the road in front of you, constantly assessing what you see for potential hazards. It's just the way it is, get used to it.

By the way I only get punctures a handful of times a year, and I ride up to 200 miles a month, so don't sit there and say "it's impossible!".
>>
slime tubes, good tires, liners and yeah proper air pressure.. does that last one even need to be said?
1st flat in 3 years happened last month who really knows maybe 6-8000 miles?

>>987426
wow 200 miles a month.. you realize there are people on this site that ride that in an average week right?
>>
>use cheapest tyres available
>run it at 150 psi
>never puncture
>currently number 10 in the line for a new spleen
>>
>>987426
I ride at night in the country mostly so it's pretty much impossible to see everything that I'm running over.
>>
>>987192
I work in a LBS and we love this kind of guy. Usually wears glasses tied around his neck and uses flat pedals. As soon as you see him walking towards the door, you know the shekels are gonna flow.
>>
>>987192
OP is faggot

Remove pie plate. Problem solved.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-07-30-21-26-27.png (1MB, 1198x1322px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-07-30-21-26-27.png
1MB, 1198x1322px
>>987243
No fuck you, soma everwears
>>
>>987744
>eversquares
hbao
>>
>>987379
>(or a layer of electrical tape)
if you want electrical tape stuck all in your spoke holes, yeah.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.