[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parts failures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160727_190559826.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160727_190559826.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Had my brake housing fail. Post unique or rare parts failures.
>>
The only unique thing here is that your housing end was not appropriate for the housing cable.
>>
>>986659
Are you stupid? Look 4mm to the side. They're the same size.
>>
>>986659
OP here. Your Fred is poking out.
>>
>>986665
My years of tech experience are poking out. I run the same compact levers and have never encountered such a failure.
>>
>>986669
It's not the levers that failed, it's the end stop on the housing. The outer surface of the housing managed to smoosh with time, and the inner metal core jammed its way through.

There's no damage to the lever--it appears I just caught it unlucky with this cable housing.
>>
>>986678
The lever is poorly designed if it allows anything other than the bare cable to pass through it. The ferrule on the housing (the metal bit at the end) must also be very shitty quality for the same reason.
>>
>>986689
This.
>>
Not exactly rare, but shiiiiiieeeet
>>
I don't have pictures of it and I don't know how rare it is but I had my crankset fail sometime ago. The crank came loose from the axle it was attached to.
>>
weirdest failure was a crank deforming around the spindle, was fully torqued but the aluminium was too soft against the cr-mo and kept deforming, and glad to say that's the last time i'm going to use square taper BBs and cranks, and even had to cut a crank off because it didn't want to come off with the crank puller and striped the threads.
>>
>>987781
That shit happens all the time on square taper systems
>>
>>987899
Youre just a fucking failure at using a crank puller.
>>
>>987902
lying on the internet?
No good boy points for you mister.
>>
>>987904
Allow me to correct myself:
That shit happens all the time on square taper systems to people who don't know how to properly tighten them
Better?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.