[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leg shaving thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: 20071828-73513-700-80.jpg (40KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
20071828-73513-700-80.jpg
40KB, 700x525px
Does /n/ shave their legs and if you don't what's your excuse for not doing it?

What's your preferred method of hair removal?

What do your non cycling friends think about your silky smooth legs?

Post your smooth legs.
>>
>>986415
>if you don't what's your excuse
#notaracer
>>
If you shave your legs, you must be shaving your pussy too.
>>
>>986415
shaved legs are a real thing? I mean is there a energy save gain or what? how it is possible?
>>
>>986436
No the reasons are:

Easier massage
Road rash heals better
Sunscreen easier to apply
>>
>lycra
>shaved legs
I love cycling but jeez sometimes looks like a sport for faggots instead for real men.
>>
>>986436
>>986437
There is also a significant drag reduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnrE17Jg3I
>>
>>986436
There is a negligible aero benefit on shaving your legs. However it doesn't really matter unless you're riding a TT. Easier massages I've also found out it helps a bit when foam rolling if you've got one of those knobbly rollers, road rash healing better and sunscreen application are the biggest cycling related benefits. Other benefits include looks, tradition which is very important in cycling, some girls like it, feels great in bed.

Negatives include everyone asking you why do you have shaved legs and some girls not liking it at all.

I first did it because my gf dared me to when she was complaining about waxing being painful. Her plan kinda backfired as I didn't find it at all painful and now can't complain without being teased on how sensitive she is. Though she definitely likes the smooth legs.
>>
>what's your excuse for not doing it?
Do i need one? Why would i?
>>
>>986446
The aero drag reduction is as much as aero wheels.
>>
I'm a dyke, I don't have to
>>
>>986446
I often get asked why i shave my arms.
I don't shave my arms.
>>
>>986507
[citation needed]
>>
There's no significant efficiency and/or speed advantage by shaving your legs. (inb4 soemone links that one shitty youtube study)

If you use "muh road rash" as a reason to shave you shouldn't be cycling (who the fuck falls off a bike or gets into a situation/position where that can happen?)

If you use "muh culture" "tradition" or "cult" as a reason, you deserve everything that is coming to you.

If you say "muh massage" or "sunscreen" as a reason, you're a faggot.

If you say "the girls dig it" as a reason, you're a bitch boi.
>>
>>986538
Thanks for your valuable input on the subject.
You're literally autistic.
>>
>>986538
>inb4 some links some with a real wind tunnel that you should ignore because my unempircal uneducated conjecture is better
Sounds like /pol/ desu
>>
>>986446

> Her plan kinda backfired as I didn't find it at all painful and now can't complain without being teased on how sensitive she is.

Men have higher pain tolerance than women as a feature. Women have more pain receptors in their skin than men do, or rather men have less presumably as an evolutionary adaption.

So yeah. They kind of get let off for being pussies.

Makes the rarest of beasts, the female badass, more impressive though.
>>
>>986546

>Citation needed

You actually have that backwards.
>>
>>986541

Nothing autistic about my post senpai.
>>
>>986548
If you think it's completely unacceptable for a man to shave his legs, yes, you're autistic dear.

:^)
>>
You know what? You’re right. Shaving your legs is totally acceptable if:

-You’re such an obnoxious or incompetent rider that you feel a need to shave your legs in order to deal with all the injuries you get
-You need to “fit in”
-You think it’s necessary to get leg massages
-You think it’s necessary to shave in order to get a proper massage
-You do things to please others

Stay mad and continue to shave, autist. :^)
>>
>>986566
You forgot
>-You do things to please yourself.
>>
>>986566
>tells other people how to live their lives
>calls others autistic
Sure you aren't talking about yourself, friend?

Why are you so attached to leg hair that you'd disparage others for shaving it? You must be a very small man.
>>
IF YOU WERE REAL CYCLISTS THEN YOU SHOULD RIDE WITHOUT ANYTHING THAT YOUR FUCKING WILL AND STRENGTH, ALL THIS MUH AERO MUH GARBON MUH LACTATE THRESHOLD CRAP MUST END NOW.
>>
>>986681
Does letting your hair grow out encourage autism?
You sure do seem upset.
>>
>>986681

If people were as Luddite as you are pretending to be, there would be no bicycles at all.
>>
>>986575

If you want to please yourself that's fine. It just hard to believe that shaving your legs is an appropriate way of pleasing yourself and that the act of shaving your legs is, in no way, shape or form, is influenced by cycling culture or a need to fit in.

>>986577

>gets bothered by what other people say on the internet
>injects themselves into a conversation without understanding the context surrounding the use of the word "autistic"

Why are you not attached to leg hair? You must be a midget.
>>
>>986698
>appropriate way of pleasing yourself and that the act of shaving your legs is
>>986698
>Why are you not attached to leg hair? You must be a midget.

Are you one of those faggots who think it's unmanly to shave your legs?
>>
>>986700

If you want to shave your legs, more power to you but don't try to bs yourself or others.

I shave my balls and pits btw.
>>
The discomfort related to anything listed is less than my aversion for shaving in general and and my hatred of stubble.
>>
>>986443
this test is incredibly flawed and fallible.
>>
>>986714
Please tell us how is it flawed?

>>986702
That's why you get waxed/get an epilator. No more stubble and no need to shave every day.
>>
>>986543
Sounds more like the lefties who disagree with facts than /pol/
>>
>>986415
I have electric clippers I use for it.
My 'non-cycling friends' don't even notice.
The only reasons I do it, is because it makes it easier to apply and remove sunscreen, and no hair on my legs means I can't feel the wind on them at all, which is one less distraction when I'm trying to concentrate on long Threshold intervals.
>>
>>986743
Don't epilators hurt like hell?
>>
File: lol.jpg (47KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
47KB, 421x389px
>>986782
>remove sunscreen
>no hair on my legs means I can't feel the wind on them at all, which is one less distraction

Holy shit kek what the fuck are you tlalking about
>>
>>986782
lol
>>
>>986805
If you shave your legs you don't get nearly as much feeling of wind on your skin.

At least for me.

>>986803
They can hurt like hell. However if you keep using them they aren't bad. If you do get an epilator I seriously recommend getting professionally waxed first. Then use the thing weekly/fortnightly depending on your hair growth.

Epilating will hurt like a bitch if you try it on full length chewbacca legs.
>>
>>986538
>who the fuck falls off a bike or gets into a situation/position where that can happen?
not sure if bait or genuine mental illness
>>
>>986831
froomey how are you
>>
>>986538
>not shaving your legs so you can stroke them
I love stroking my hands on my smooth legs.
>>
>>986934
This is honestly one of the main reasons I do it.
>>
>>986934
>>986936

Ugh, weird but ok. You can shave your legs for that reason but don't you dare say "muh aero" or "muh road rash".
>>
>>986831

How often do you get into accidents Mr. Froome? Do you get in enough accidents to warrant shaving your legs? You were seen training in Australia with very hairy legs, whats the deal with that Mr. Froome? Does racing at a competitive level with hundreds of other riders necessitate the need to shave your legs in anticipation of possible crashes? What are your thoughts on the freds that frequent /n/ and shave their legs? Do you think they're ultra-elite competitive riders?

Ty for ur time mr froome, pls respond :^)
>>
I shave my armpits
>>
>>986834

Im fine man. Whats up you didn't win today
>>
>>986441
sometimes?
>>
>>986743
there are variables they dont address that can have significant impact on the results. did they have an adequate warm up before the first test, have all the riders been in a wind tunnel before, how long were they resting for and was it the same for each shave, how does each rider generally do as they ride more in a session, did they eat and/or drink anything between or during rides and if so was it consistent between all shaves. another problem is hair thickness, their results shows that no matter the thickness of your hair your time save will generally be the same but that doesnt make any sense, a person with thicker hair should have a greater time save than those with thin hair if hair has that significant of an impact on your times. im a huge faggot it seems.
>>
>>986945
Just accept that some bicycle riders like to ride hard whether they are competing or not. Just like many motorists like to drive hard and fast in their modified honda civics.

Post pics of your recumbent bike, faggot.
>>
>>987118
>i don't understand how wind tunnel testing is done or what force is measured
>>
>>987152

1v1 me you little b-. I'll drop you so fast.

Btw, you know damn well I don't have a recumbent.
>>
>>987118
Fuck you're dumb. The wind tunnel test does not measure a rider's power output. They sit on the bike, spin at their normal cadence, and air is blown over them. Fatigue is irrelevant.
>>
Quite frankly I shave my legs every summer out of boredom, and for the aesthetics alone.
>>
>>987168

At least you're honest. Keep up the good work senpai.
>>
I shave because, while my boyfriend loves it when i crouch before him standing to suck him off, i find it hard to clean the dried jizz clumped in my leg hair after he comes all over me.
>>
>>987341
>Not swallowing all of your boyfriend's creamy jizz.

You don't deserve him.
>>
>>986437
NO. The only reasons pros shave their legs, is because they get massaged every day.

This board is fukking stupid. Look at this thread. Yall know nothing, buncnh of posers.
>>
>>988218
Hon, if you keep saying it, it doesn't make you right, it just makes you autistic.
>>
>>988218
>he doesn't have a qt to massage his legs after every ride
>he doesn't get a happy ending to those massages
>he doesn't have hot oiled up sex with the qt
>>
>>987341
Rinse it off with cold water, hot denatures to proteins and turns them all gluey.
>>
>>987118
Do you not understand how a wind tunnel works?

In fact, the savings may be even greater than implied by the wind tunnel because it takes watts to spin hairy legs, just like it takes watts to spin 36 round crossed spokes, just like it takes watts to spin a air fan exercise bike that it not measured by the windtunnel.
>>
>>986754
>the facts
>you think your opinion is fact
>/pol/
You need to go back
>>
If I was that concerned about speed, I'd give up beer and lose a few pounds. But that ain't happening...
>>
i don't really do it in winter but my legs are hairy as fuck and look weird when combined with bibs.

so aesthetics.
>>
>>986831
why do bike riders wear gloves?
>>
>>988742
Because bar tape gets slippery when your hand are sweaty. With gloves you have perfect grip and can relax your hands. It's like resting/hanging in a hand harness rather than gripping. And you get the nice bit of terry behind you thumb for wiping off sweat, drool and snot.
Also, you dont scrape yourpalms to shit if you go down, but that's a secondary concern.
>>
>>986415
I've been thinking about doing it but only because my legs, like my Dad's, are like the mecca for bugs and get covered in bites. I feel like getting rid of the hair might stop it.
>>
>>988742
I imagine one reason is the same as motorcyclists wearing them. When you go down you naturally brace with your hands so they protect them. You also have better grip and protect from blistering.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>988742
They generally don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Me8JoI1Qs
https://youtu.be/wsJe5USU-us?t=68

It doesn't feel good man
>>
>>988776

Look at that cadence bruh, 90-100
>>
>>988781
That's the way mane.

Froom too polite to call him a cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWvr4ne_Gc
>>
>>988784
>sucks wheel without permission
>gets told to lay off
>throws a fit and acts all proud
Good god I hate that durian asshole.
>>
>>988785
kek just a bit of freindly banter mate richie probably didn't even carb up, got 2 garmins on, got ma backup garmin, just a bit of banter, cadence it up mate
>>
>>988786
durian "I won't be a pro cyclist because I'm too afraid of descending" rider
>>
>>988787
Is that it? I thought he tried in Europe, was just pack filler and his excuse was not having a good enough doping regime.
>>
>>988786

Yeah, that Richie fellow needs to carb the fuck up.
>>
>>988789
I recall hearing that from somewhere, but I hope you'll forgive me for not really wanting to look into it particularly much. You could be just as right.
>>
>>988792
are you not prepared to watch all his videos for me
>>
>>986830
If you stay inside all day you don't get nearly as much feeling of sun on your skin.

If you never swim you don't get nearly as much feeling of water on your skin.

If you push everyone away you don't get nearly as much feeling of skin on your skin.
>>
it looks cleaner and more professional, more of a thing to do if you race. Teams like it.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.