[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longboarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: longboard.jpg (156KB, 1500x799px) Image search: [Google]
longboard.jpg
156KB, 1500x799px
I'm feeling the urge to buy a longboard.

Is longboarding basically skateboarding? Is it a little easier?

My town is all flat and the roads at some places aren't the best (some cracks/holes), would commuting via a longboard be efficient?
>>
Yeah, it's easier since the wheels are designed with streets and shit in mind.
You're not doing any tricks or anything, but it could be fun.
>>
>>985618
>would commuting via a longboard be efficient?
Sorta? Not nearly as efficient as a bike. but if you're really wanting a long board there's really no reason it wouldn't work. I mean as long as it's not too long
>>
Longboards are easier to bomb down hills on but if it's flat you won't be really comfortable on either until you're comfortable on both. They're better for crappy roads but they're cumbersome as fuck in comparison so not really suited to commuting imo. A skateboard is no thing to bring into a shop or strap to a backpack but a longboard is a heavy large bitch.
>>
>>985618
Longboarding is fine unless you are over 20.
>>
>>986800
lol nice meme you really gottem

>>985618
It's very similar to skating. Same movements, more stability, easier to bomb hills. My advice is to either get drop-through hardware or at least riser pads, as without them, even the smallest pebble has the chance to send you suddenly flying at 20 if it gets caught between your board and wheels. I can't emphasise this enough. Compound fracture above my elbow because of it last year.

Don't expect to do tricks, save for slides if you have the gloves and a nice enough hill. Avoid big cracks and bumps but most should be okay. Stick to flat ground for the first week or so, until you really get a feel for it.

In terms of efficiency, fuck yeah. Much faster than walking and lets you avoid traffic. A problem that I've encountered is cunts (mostly old) who try to knock you off or clothesline you if you skate near them, so, keep an eye open.
>>
>>987176
I'm 23 y/o. Am I too old for skating? I really wanna commute ~3km fast without the use of a bike.
>>
>>987183
No just don't ride a penny board
>>
File: 003.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Never too old for skating. Started at 22 and still going at 24.

I own a 39' drop through and although its fun for speed and descents it's not an ideal board for carrying around and commuting.

Recently bought pic related for short and impromptu rides with my friends since it's more maneuverable and I can carry it/store it easier.

Also, be mindful that skates still have a stigma attached and some mall cops/security will bother you even if you're just carrying it around.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.