[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aa's old livery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Aa_b767-300er_n363aa_arp.jpg (4MB, 2610x1759px) Image search: [Google]
Aa_b767-300er_n363aa_arp.jpg
4MB, 2610x1759px
>they replaced this beautiful livery with fucking grey paint and a red white and blue key board
end my life
>>
File: airbus_a350xwb-fuselagelow.jpg (588KB, 1100x540px) Image search: [Google]
airbus_a350xwb-fuselagelow.jpg
588KB, 1100x540px
>>985406
Composite planes wouldn't look like that if you just gave them a clear coat.

The new silver paint is much more silver and more consistent than the old gray paint, it's just less silver than aluminium.
>>
File: AA-New-Livery.jpg (845KB, 2700x1519px) Image search: [Google]
AA-New-Livery.jpg
845KB, 2700x1519px
The new livery looks cool too, deal with it.
>>
Composite planes don't look so good with clear coat. The reason for only clear coating the planes was to save weight and thus fuel. They had significant fuel savings on long flights thanks to it.
>>
They still kept all the parts chrome that can be chrome. I wish they went with a brighter pearlescent white so it doesn't look bad on cloudy days.
>>
File: DSC_0112.jpg (2MB, 4045x2679px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0112.jpg
2MB, 4045x2679px
looks ugly on cloudy days.
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 275x183px
Hated it when they first came out with it, but really warmed up to it since then. Only nitpick is the new eagle, wish they kept/slightly redesigned the old one.

Also, props to them for not falling for the Euro-White "swoosh livery" meme. The billboard lettering is also very well done.
>>
>>985406
If the color of a plane is that important to you, you don't have a life to end.
>>
>>985406
You're wrong dude, the new livery is much better.

Same thing for Alaska's new paint job.
>>
>>985406

>complaining about livery when you should be complaining about the fact that it is one of the shittiest airlines to fly over the atlantic ocean
>>
>>985412
That stupid looking tail
>>
The tail only looks interesting (and has constrast and detail) when close up and on the ground. It's an awful while flying or in on approach.

Also different planes have tail sections angled differently. It looks monstrous on the A319 and B757 while at the same time being inadequate on the A333.

If they were going to go this route a better tail would have had a very dark grey for contrast (of the red) and brighter and slightly more reflective chrome coat for the stars-spangled portion.

Keeping the thin white cheat lines as they are would have produced the best (and most subtle) livery.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.