[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /n/, what kind of attire do you usually bike in? Including

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 17

hey /n/, what kind of attire do you usually bike in? Including shirt, pants/shorts, shoes, and any kind of bag/backpack? And does it change based on your riding situation, like commute for work vs. leisure?

I just wear the same plain white t-shirt and plain black basketball shorts with a black Jansport SuperBreak backpack and some kind of black shoes (usually sneakers or running) so that bike grease won't affect them. The same thing whether commuting or leisure

But sometimes I see people biking in a full suit and think its pretty cool. Then I see the Lycra suit wearing faggots
>>
Obviously you dont even /fast/
gb2 >>>/toy/
>>>/fa/
>>
Bibs and a jersey whenever I'm riding. Backpack when I'm commuting.
>>
File: about that.jpg (30KB, 677x251px) Image search: [Google]
about that.jpg
30KB, 677x251px
>>985339

>football players wearing lycra is utilitarian
>wrestlers wearing unitards is utilitarian
>MMA dudes wearing speedos? utilitarian
>cyclists wearing lycra is gay

Have you considered the possibility that you are simply an idiot?

To answer your question, what I wear depends on the weather, my intended ride, and my plans for the day. If I'm going to go out for a serious ride, I wear cycling shorts & jersey. If I'm biking somewhere to do something, I wear things that are slim-fit, quick-drying, and very breathable while looking like normal street clothing.

Anything made of cotton is a no-go.
>>
Mostly jeans and a hoodie. Recently bought a pretty nice gilet though, so that's seen some use.

Also: OP is a fag.
>>
>>985346
>slim-fit, quick-drying, and very breathable
>looking like normal street clothing
What is this black magic? Teach me your ways!
>>
>>985339
giro feature mips helmet
tld meme 3/4 jersey
pearl bibs
endura shorts
foxhead gloves
foxhead pads
5.10 shoes with crank brahs cleats

OR

megalized helmet
pearl jersey
pearl bibs
pearl gloves
megalized comp mtb shoe with spd cleats

depends on what bike i'm riding and where.
top is my AM bike, bottom is my xc hardtail.

i don't have a road bike yet, but i'd probably just wear the pearl kit with different shoes.
>>
>>985350

Any number of cycling, climbing, and outdoor related clothing companies have lines of stuff suitable as streetwear, and usually they have more athletic cuts than typical mall brands.

Patagonia is one example.
Outlier would be another.

Wool and tech fabrics work best, but if the weather isn't too awful I'll wear trim jeans or trousers over liner shorts.
>>
>>985359
i also generally ride my AM bike with a hydration pack, homemade granola, basic tools, spare tubes, and basic first aid kit innawoods.

xc bike has bottle, seatpost pack with tube, multitool, etc.
>>
>>985346
This guy knows what's up
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px)
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>985339
>Then I see the Lycra suit wearing faggots
>>
Jeans and t-shirt when commuting. Otherwise jersey and bibs.
>>
>>985339
Naked cylist here. Get on my level and feel the fresh air all over your body!
>>
>>985402
>he doesn't use a tailor-made skinsuit for aero gains
>>
I wear lycra because I'm going to shower and change when I get to work anyway and I might as well be comfy

I used to be like you nikolasv dirtbags, wearing T-shirts and gym shorts, then I realized it's dumb because that stuff takes forever to dry and it's not really any cheaper
>>
>>985339
cheap lycra pants/shirt from Decathlon + helmet + fingerless gloves for my road bike
I also use my regular (sport casual) shoes, since I haven't gotten around to buying full fledged SPD yet.

regular clothes + backpack with extra t-shirt and towel on my commute bike for work

regular clothes + backpack with beer on a friday night out
>>
I don't have any bikey-bikey clothes, but I did just get a pair of terraduro shoes and dual flat-clipless pedals.

I try to wear quick drying stuff but it all looks like street clothes: North face shirts, Bluffworks pants, etc. Shorts when I'm going for a ride for ride's sake.

My commute is very short <10k. Fancier shirts for work. Eddie Bauer blazer, etc. But regular wool suit jackets do well too. Australian workboots for the feet.

bluffworks
http://shop.bluffworks.com/collections/original-regular-fit

Bell citi helmet.

This bag, which I can't say enough about:
https://www.velotransit.com/products/waterproof-laptop-backpack-edge-30
>>
So, what's up with americans and the fear of being percieved gay from clothes?

Around my european parts, the only people people on road bikes that don't wear lycra are the ones in the city using them for commuting and every MTB rider outside of the city has those MTB cycling clothes instead of "casual" clothes.

It'd be pretty weird to actually see a guy in an XXL T-shirt and cargo pants sailing his road bike along.
>>
Lycra-clad when on a leisure ride, regular clothes when commuting.
>>
File: but why.png (78KB, 581x327px)
but why.png
78KB, 581x327px
>>985450
> 180 US Dollerydoos for a sweaty back
>>
>>985455
>So, what's up with americans and the fear of being percieved gay from clothes?
It's not just clothes. Come to /ck/ some time, basically if you eat food that isn't blue rare steak and drink beverages that aren't whisky and IPA, it's basically equivalent to wearing a pink triangle shoulder patch while hanging a rainbow hanky out the back pocket of your assless chaps

America is just a giant closet case
>>
to the shops, just leggings and what ever tops and shoes i'm wearing
if anything farther, padded shorts, tank top, hoodie, and my trail running shoes which work fairly well as flat pedal shoes.as the pedal studs grip between the knobs on the shoes.
>>
>>985484
ROUBAIX
O
U
B
A
I
X
>>
>>985455
>>985482
It's part of American culture. All men have to at least try to keep a facade of manliness around them and anyone who slips away from it is deemed a lesser man by both men and women.

I love being back in Europe where I can ride in Lycra, shave my body hair, and enjoy girly drinks without being judged by 95% of the population.

>>985484
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>985487
>>985489
what the shit
>>
>to work
blue collar, so it's heavy pants and hi-vis shirt. That at least breathes OK. SPD shoes, change to work boots at the hangar. I use an old laptop bag as a tightarse musette for my food/wallet/phone/keys/ID

>to the shops, school, whatever
whatever I'm wearing. usually jeans and a cotton shirt. Shoes if its cold, thongs (flipflops) otherwise. Short trips so I don't worry about sweat

>long, enjoyable, recreational rides just for the fun of it
never happens :(
>>
>>985455
If you wear a full Lycra suit just to commute you look like a humongous tryhard faggot

I mean the big groups who bike together in their matching Lycra suits on the weekends are kinda cringey but
>>
How do you guys wear jeans or any other long pants when biking any more than a few miles?

I'm skinny as fuck and so I wear slim jeans and pants and they are pretty constricting when trying to bike and also obviously get hot as well
>>
>>985350
Not him but generic athletic t-shirts work well. For shorts you can get generic athletic shorts, or else something like the Aero Tech Designs SM600 (I don't have any of those shorts but they look nice)
>>
>>985518
>tfw commute in cycling jersey/shorts
>tfw commute is 86 miles round trip
>>985484
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
What's your Skype, qt?
>>985368
>jeans
>>
>>985518
>tryhard
This is a funny way of saying "I hate comfort and efficiency"

Try riding more than 6 miles a week and you might start to see why "cycling clothes" exist
>>
>>985532
mate suck a fuck
>>
>>985534
>tfw did a ~200km ride in non-cycling clothes and didn't even get sore
I wear cycling clothes now, I have 4 jerseys and 8 pairs of cycling shorts and 12 pairs of cycling socks. But they aren't entirely necessary. Nice for people who ride a lot though.
>>
>>985536
>cycling socks
>>
>>985532
>86 miles round trip commute
Fucking hell
>>
>>985540
They're nicer than cotton socks, they don't stay wet and are comfy. They make nice regular socks even for when not cycling
>>
>>985518
>I can't wear Lycra on commute because my friends at work might mistake me for a cyclists
>being mistaken for a cyclist is the worst thing that could happen to one
kys
>>
I usually just use a backpack when I ride because I don't wanna play around with my wallet (which I really need, cause the cops around here think I look young, and the nicer owns have curfews for youth. Always try to weasel out of showing them my ID, but sometimes they say they're gonna take me to the station and 'call my parents' and I'm not leaving my bike to anyone..AMERICA!), keys, or iPod or whatever in my pants. If my pants have good pockets, they're probably not good to bike in.

Objectively, cycling specific clothes and racks are better in all areas save for 'fashion', but it doesn't make all that much difference to me at my skill level.

Might get a pair of cycling shorts in the future, though. Backpack'll stay, even though it makes me monster sweat back there.
>>
>>985540
My cycling socks are thinner than my normal socks. It helps my shoes fit better so I can go without my feet getting numb
>>
>>985594
Get a jersey with a secure zippered rear pocket.
>>
>>985605
Eh, maybe. I don't do the whole roadie thing, so I like to be able to carry around a u-lock without it being in my frame, and stupid shit like a lighted frisbee if I ride past people in the park I wanna chat with.
>>
File: 11-0407-BLK-ANGLE[1].jpg (376KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
11-0407-BLK-ANGLE[1].jpg
376KB, 1500x1500px
What's your favorite shorts?

I live in Florida and have been putting around with these on (Performance Ultra Shorts)
>>
>>985339
>>985346
>>985350
>>985455
>>985518
>>985520
>>985531
>>985534
>>985540
>>985594

I'm a big dude (6'1, 220lbs, 54" shoulders, 36 waist, 32 inseem) I can't find cycling cloths that fit. Everything is too tight in the seams, crotch and armpits especially. I found some padded shorts on amazon that fit, but they soak up sweat and feel like a diaper after any type of good riding. I usually wear gym shorts and a tee shirt if I am riding for fun, I wear regular clothes when I'm in the city. Anyone have any recommendations for bigger sized kit but with an athletic as opposed to fat ass cut? Also I just started wearing cleats and I am getting very bad rub on the back of my heel, would getting cycling socks help?
>>
>>985598
What does "normal socks" mean? Don't you own multiple kinds of socks depending on the shoe and the season?
>>
>>985614
Try aerotech designs, they have a good rep for making XL size kit
>>
>>985614

I'm 6'1 190lbs and L size Pearl Izumi elite gear feels like they used me for a template.

Try sliding your foot as far back as it can go before tightening your shoes.
>>
>>985615
n-no? i have cotton socks, and i have wool socks.
>>
I usually wear my plain black shorts and a yellow hi vis jersey.

I'm thinking about getting a black sleeveless jersey. Do those look dumb? I don't want to look like I'm riding my bike to a dick sucking party or anything.
>>
>>985628
Stop being so concerned with looking 'gay', Jesus Christ.
You obviously don't agree with that its just a stereotype, so don't perpetuate it yourself just because you can tell somebody to fuck off when they arbitrarily decide you're gay.
>>
>>985632
Yeah but does a sleeveless look gay though?
>>
>>985634
I was never personally a fan of sleeveless because, having grown up in the south, it's synonymous with rednecks.

This is the jersey I wear and I never feel hot in it despite riding in 100F+ weather.
>>
File: Dansko.jpg (24KB, 460x308px) Image search: [Google]
Dansko.jpg
24KB, 460x308px
>>985619
second

>>985614
>I am getting very bad rub on the back of my heel
wear THESE at work for a couple years. they'll harden your feet up good
>>
File: bib.jpg (15KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bib.jpg
15KB, 640x640px
>>985612
i have these in 3/4 and regular short bibs. highly rec breh
>>
>>985634
No, retard. Nothing 'looks' gay, short of wearing a shirt with 'I WANT DICKS IN AND AROUND MY MOUTH MMMMM MMMMM, FILL ME UP!' on it.
>>
>>985654
>Nothing 'looks' gay, short of wearing a shirt with 'I WANT DICKS IN AND AROUND MY MOUTH MMMMM MMMMM, FILL ME UP!' on it.
>>
>>985654
>>
>>985658
I stand by what I say. Gaydar is more than just clothes, son.
I don't really give a shit about what a man should or shouldn't wear, it's all up for change.
Pink used to be the masculine color for babies and blue for feminine, yaddayaddayadda.
>>
>>985636
This was the kind of response I was actually looking for lol. I was trying to avoid a farmers tan but I guess it's all just a question of where do I want my tan line?

>>985654
Tbh I think most of the time when people ask if something looks gay, they mean "am I going to look like a fuckin retard for riding around in a dumb garment?"

Or at least that's what I mean.
>>
>>985654
>>985660
Daisy dukes and an open shirt with the front tails tied looks pretty gay on a dude. Regardless of if the wearer actually is gay or not.
>>
>>985683
Doesn't have to be unless you're retarded, or let retards stop you, an adult, from wearing what you want to wear.
>>
>>985866
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>985883
It's just clothes.
If some retard says or believes that something looks 'gay' and you don't wear it, cause it looks gay, you're allowing retards to dictate our world.
>>
>>985892
All i said was daisy dukes make guys look gay. Gay as in flaming homosexuals. Do you have a problem with gays, or something?
>>
>>985901
No, I have a problem with the obsession my country has with deeming certain things as gay, and then in turn being so assblasted about possibly being assumed as such.
There's a difference between letting someone know you're straight when they think you're gay, and basing your clothing on whether or not it'll make you look gay.

There's nothing objectively gay about Daisy Dukes on a dude, especially when my fathers generation were teenagers, that's what everyone wore, gay or straight. It just seems really fucking silly.
>>
>>985908
There's nothing objective about any aesthetic. Does that invalidate every mental association we make? Are we only allowed to evaluate thing on their utilitarian merits?
>>
Recently, I have been wearing a set of ultralight Patagonia shorts (hemp/cotton blend iirc), milsurp PT shirts that my future step-father gave me, and a set of comfy teva sandals. On longer rides, I wear padded cycling shorts.
I am kind of on the fence about wearing sandals while riding, but so far, no problems.
My feet will probably get fucked when I crash tho.
>>
>>985916
Ideally, yeah.
>>
>>985908
You're perpetuating it breh. You want everyone else to not give a fuck yet you give so many fucks you could be their king. Who cares if some dipshits think you look gay.
>>
File: grammaton_clerics.jpg (128KB, 1200x800px)
grammaton_clerics.jpg
128KB, 1200x800px
>>985921
>>
>>985923
>Who cares if some dipshits think you look gay.
That's the point I'm trying to make, I don't know why I'm being autistic about this, I'm drunk, sorry
>>
>>985931
>>Who cares if some dipshits think you look gay.
Apparently you do.
>>
My patriotism is all the clothing I need.
>>
>>986002
Sick fit, I'm serious
>>
>lycra is not gay

some pretty non-cock-inviting lycra bi kits come from Rapha, just avoid the futuristic/quasi sponsor look Assos does and go for darker shades, you can look quite discrete in it
>>
ALL MY KEK

THIS HIGH END BIB COST AROUND 400 eur AND THIS HOW THEY ADVERTISE
>>
>>985339
Shorts and tshirt. It's a little shameful when I have an ass sweat stain after a long ride, but whatever.
>>
i did a 40 km ride today, wearing jean shorts and a tshirt, not optimal, since it was warm. though i still wouldnt wear full lycra like most cycling wannabes
>>
>>986199
You're almost there, give it some time.
>>
>>986324
no stop it, i wont

but those cycling shorts (which i assume are lycra) do look comfy af
>>
>>986401
>comfy clothing

are you a homosexual?
>>
>>986410
not what ur mum sed last nite m8
>>
>>986401
I was nikolasv like you for a while, what turned me around was winter riding. I hate long pants getting grease and I hate tying off one cuff and I hate crotch blowout and chafing, so I got some bib tights on sale as a test, and it was amazing. Of course it looked ridiculous with "street clothes" shirt, so I got a jersey and a soft shell jacket and it was amazing

Summer rolled around and I got bib tights and my legs looked like sasquatch, so I shaved 'em and it was amazing

Embrace the gay, anon. The more you resist, the more it's gonna hurt
>>
>>985634
Sleeveless jerseys are for freds. (unless your name is mario cipolinni) Looking like a fred is far worse than looking gay. Just get a normal jersey. Castelli, sportful, endura, pearl izumi, stuff like that.
>>
File: mario-cipollini.jpg (30KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
mario-cipollini.jpg
30KB, 500x343px
>>986457
>implying mario isnt the fredest
>implying a strong sprint absolves you of poor taste
>didnt even shave his legs
>mfw
>>
>>985490
>leggings
>tops

it's a grill. or a troll.

the responses are shorthand for when a Londoner once said "please be in London" to a girl on /fa/ and it became a meme. I'm surprised you haven't seen it before, it's super-common on all boards now. the Roubaix one is further /n/-specific meta meming.
>>
>>985492
more-or-less this
>>
>>986492
it was on /fit/ and it was a dude
>>
>>985475
Ha. True dat, but I didn't want to put racks on my bike. The bag has been through a lot of downpours and it is great.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.