[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kona Road bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: esatto_ddl.jpg (95KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
esatto_ddl.jpg
95KB, 1000x592px
Does anyone own any? im considering buying an esatto ddl since my current bike is falling apart on me
>>
File: kona2017wheelhouse.jpg (202KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
kona2017wheelhouse.jpg
202KB, 1280x768px
>>984887
The first gen ones were made of Scandium and were the tits! Haven't seen the aluminum ones in person, but the builds look decent for the price.

Before you buy, have you looked at the new 2017 Roadhouse and Wheelhouse?
>>
>>984887
What is your current one and how is it "falling apart"?
>>
File: 20160620_134134_.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160620_134134_.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>984887
Not exactly a road bike.
>>
>>984888
>>984887
disc brakes look disgusting in road bikes, and the worse part is people won't realize sponsors are making pros use these just to get more sales
>>
>>985064
>I hate stopping
found the luddite MGTOW nikki poor
>oh but you might fly over the bars!
this is literally you
>>
>>984888
I would love to get the new road house but it's nearly twice as expensive as the esatto ddl and just a couple hundred more than the wheelhouse but seems to be way better equipped

>>984906
I have a cheap department store bike my tires aren't straight anymore and neither is the crankset
>>
>>985064
>people won't realize sponsors are making pros use these just to get more sales
How is this different from any other time in the history of organized racing?
>>
>>984917
Nice bike how does it ride ?
>>
>>985064

You're pathetic.

Disk brakes are objectively better in every possible way, including aesthetics.
>>
>>985064
rim brakes dont cause crashes, yet in the tdf2016 stage 8 kelderman actually heated up the rim so much combined with the hot day that the glue literally made the tire fall off. If uci still wants to ban discs maybe they should ban tubular too in the name of safety.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-keldermans-crash-due-to-melting-tubular-glue/
>>
>>985203
Quick, nimble and comfy. Great fun for zipping around town. I love it.
>>
File: 17wj2m.jpg (33KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
17wj2m.jpg
33KB, 500x323px
>>985206
>>
>>985242

>He actually believes that aesthetic value judgements are subjective rather than objective
>>
>>985064
What kind of bike do you ride ?
>>
>>984888
>>984887

the wheelhouse looks crazy great.
a thruaxel steel frame with a tapered headtube.
thats nice.

the other one looks quite allright also.

one thing though.
what's up with the short stem and the zero setback seatstay.

are those bikes aimed at non racing crowd or somethng ?
I quite like a setup that's not so streched out but this dosen't seem to be the norm.
>>
File: Scandium[1].jpg (51KB, 468x485px) Image search: [Google]
Scandium[1].jpg
51KB, 468x485px
>>984888
>The first gen ones were made of Scandium

Problably not as Scandium costs about 270 US dollars per gram.

What's more likely is that it's an aluminium alloy frame with an very tiny,insignificant amount of Sc alloyed in to appeal to freds and go "muh scandium"
>>
File: mfw.jpg (31KB, 780x390px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
31KB, 780x390px
>>985681
>if I do less grams it's less expensive
>if I do more grams it's more expensive
>OH GOD WHAT DO I DO I NEED BOTH
It must have been very confusing to be a fred before the UCI introduced weight limits so you didn't have to make such hard choices
>>
>>985681
>some steel frames have an insignificant amount of chrome and molybdenum
>hurr hiten or fred
Yeah, because tiny amounts of something never drastically alters an alloy.
>>
>>985705
>Yeah, because tiny amounts of something never drastically alters an alloy.

Not to such an extend like the freds like to claim
>muh stiffness

Mind you a"scandium" frame is still aluminium.

It would be like surly coming out with "molybdenum frame"
Hipsters abroad would go apeshit
>>
Can someone tell what Scandium is ?
>>
>>985717
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_table

Its a metal which has not been utilized a lot and well understood because of its limited use.
>>
>>985709
>It would be like surly coming out with "molybdenum frame"
>Hipsters abroad would go apeshit
No, it would be like surly coming out with a chromium-molybdenum frame.

Oh wait.
>>
>>985709
>>985722
Are you fucking retarded or something?

From the scandium wiki page:
>The addition of scandium to aluminium limits the grain growth in the heat zone of welded aluminium components. This has two beneficial effects: the precipitated Al3Sc forms smaller crystals than in other aluminium alloys,[31] and the volume of precipitate-free zones at the grain boundaries of age-hardening aluminium alloys is reduced.[31] Both of these effects increase the usefulness of the alloy.
>The main application of scandium by weight is in aluminium-scandium alloys for minor aerospace industry components. These alloys contain between 0.1% and 0.5% of scandium.
>The alloy Al20Li20Mg10Sc20Ti30 is as strong as titanium, light as aluminium, and hard as ceramic.
>>
>>986085
>this stuff
>being used in bicycle frames
top kek
>>
>>986085
>strong as titanium, light as aluminium, and hard as ceramic
wew
>>
So only one guy owns a kona
>>
>>986115
From the same wiki page:
>Some items of sports equipment, which rely on high performance materials, have been made with scandium-aluminium alloys, including baseball bats[34] and bicycle frames and components.[35] Lacrosse sticks are also made with scandium. The American firearm manufacturing company, Smith & Wesson, produces revolvers with frames of scandium alloy and cylinders of titanium or carbon steel.[36][37]
>>
>>986172
>1 person posts a Kona, clearly only 1 person owns a Kona

wewlad would love to post mine but fuck your snobbery/entitlement combined with lack of logic

Kona is what Surly wishes they were and naturally as any manufacturer worth more than a penny they come with lifetime warranty and do not make frames that are destroyed by adding a kickstand

>inb4 carbon warranty

Also you might be terminally retarded. Asks for advice regarding specific bike model, offers no budget or intended use or fucking any information.

How are you mouth breathers even allowed on the internet, much less in the same society/world.
>>
>>986173
Scandium as alloying element makes a tangible difference in ride quality

t.Fred
>>
>>986179
Kek

Esatto ddl is about two thousand dollars take a guess about model and budget
>>
>>984887

JTS owner here.

Awesome. Can always rely on Kona.
>>
>>986239
Will you post some pics please
>>
>>986238
>X bike costs $Y, therefore that is all the information you need to provide an educated recommendation

wtf I hate entitled shitlords now
>>
>>986282
Are you a poor fag that can't afford a 2,000 dollar bike ? Tell me something good or bad about the freaking bicycle I want to buy the 2017 Esatto ddl
>>
>>986684
Daniel day lewis?
>>
>>986687
Are you psychic?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.