[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have 5 mile bike commute large uphill most of the way back,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: google-maps-53-535x535[1].png (92KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
google-maps-53-535x535[1].png
92KB, 535x535px
>have 5 mile bike commute large uphill most of the way back, 8% grade hills
>google maps says it should take 45 minutes by bike
>I get it done in half that, around 23 minutes
>only have to get off bike to stop and catch my breath two times on the trek, on the big hills for a minute each

Feels good man
>>
Yeah, not to shit on your parade, still great job, but Google does tend to over-estimate biking and walking times for anyone who isn't a POS landwhale.

Does anyone know what rolling speed they get their times from?
>>
>>982610

Five miles!?!
And you only had to stop twice? Holy fuck. Are you going to enter the Tour next year?
>>
>>982611
i dunno its weird, based on their time the average speed for my route would be 6 mph whereas on the 8-9% grade hills at the final 2 miles I'm at like 8 mph

>>982613
im considering it yeah
>>
>>982613
Bikecalc says that's 450w for someone 154lb.
>>
>>982616

For 23 minutes?
Obviously motor doping.
>>
>>982616
OP here, what is that? I've been really curious about getting those kinds of stats, like power output, rather than just speed time and distance

And actually I'm a skeleton ,like 135 pounds
>>
>>982610
I finished climbing a 12.5% mile-long hill in the summer heat today and for once I didn't feel like I was going to die at the end of it
>>
>>982623
For power output you need a power meter. there are some calculators out there like bikecalculator.com but they're not as good as the real thing.

For simple shit like recording time/grade/whatever use Strava.
>>
>>982610
>bragging about how good you are
>have to stop twice in a 5 mile ride
>>
>>982655
>be novice bike rider
>i'm happy that even though google maps probably underestimates biking speeds, that I do better than that time but surely I'm slower than most people on a place like this board would be
>somehow that mean's I'm bragging about it

I know you guys on this board always want to one up each other like this guy
>>982648
to show how much better of a rider you are than the other people, but it's fine
>>
inb4 OP is a motor doped recumbent user.
>>
That's adorable
>>
>>982655
>>982613
You guys don't know what these 5 miles were.
There are completely even bike paths that I could ride for 50 miles. And there are fucking retarded steep gravel hills that I need one hour for two miles.
>>
>>982833

8% grade is practically flat and we can infer from the "Commute" part of the post that OP was not thrashing rock gardens but "commuting"
>>
>>982610
Have you managed without stopping yet?
Usually beginners improve fast.
>>
>>982789
>I know you guys on this board always want to one up each other like this guy
He wasn't trying to one up us you fucking faggot, he wouldn't have admitted that he normally feels like dying after a mile-long hill if that was the case. He admitted that he's a filthy casual shitter when he said he normally feels like dying after a 1 mile climb.
>>982833
>thinking 50 miles is a long ways or even worthy of the slightest of recognition when riding on "completely even bike paths"
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>984719
This. I don't even know if they majority of bikefags here are the serious roadie type. 50 miles is a lot for normies.
Isn't that nearly the grand fondo?
>>
>>984721
>>50 miles. Isn't that nearly the grand fondo?
>Gran Fondos are run on challenging courses that are usually between 120 km and 200 km and have between 2000m and 4000m of vertical climbing.
"No"
>>
>>984724
Sorry, was thinking Strava: https://www.strava.com/challenges/gran-fondo-7-2016
So, if Gran Fondo is 80 miles, 50 miles isn't a casual ride, faggot
>>
>>984733
>if a casual strava gran fondo for casuals is only 80 miles then 50 miles isnt a casual distance
Anon, do you listen to the shit you say or does it just fly out of your mouth?
>>
>>984736
Do you honestly think that somebody who doesn't ride for distance could get on a bike and do 50 miles, or are you so wrapped up in humble bragging about yourself to admit otherwise?
>>
>>984739
Not that guy, but yeah, anyone who isn't in completely terrible shape should be able to do that, no question

They'd feel like they got anally raped the next morning, and their legs, hips, and ass would be sore as fuck, and possibly their wrists depending on riding position, but during the ride, aside from mild discomfort and being tired, this shouldn't be a problem at all
>>
>>984740
I disagree. Unfortunately, your mentality effects your ride, and while physically their legs may be able to handle it, they're gonna bitch and moan and stop.
People don't wanna drive 50, they're not riding it.
>>
>>984739
Burger plz. We have the fucking Vättern where everyone and their granny does 300km around a fucking lake every year. It's a casual event for casuals where a great deal of them never participated in a bike even ever, in their life.
We also have the Wasa mountainbike event that's 90km. That's your 50 miles, but on bad stretches of dirt roads, singletrack and footbridges. Also something out of shape normies do for kicks and giggles. An ex colleague of mine did it on a borrowed bike because he didn't even own one. Harden the fuck up and realize your american standards do not apply to the rest of the world.

'I'm such an athlete I walked across the whole parking lot to get to Walmart hurr.'
>>
>>984753
>never participated in a bike event
>event
Fixed it.
>>
>>984753
Out of shape for Europeans is basically Crossfit Enthusiast Tier fitness level for Americans

Remember that walking is "disorderly conduct" and grounds for arrest; cycling is basically on the level of "shoot me in the back unless I'm white in which case just throw empty bottles at me"
>>
>>984753
You do know I am not president of the United States, right?
>>
File: thanks_obama.jpg (171KB, 634x741px) Image search: [Google]
thanks_obama.jpg
171KB, 634x741px
>>984761
Well that's fucking obvious, because at least that nigga rides. If you tried it even once you'd realize that 50 miles ain't shit.
>>
>>984768
I can't ride fifty miles or I'll end up in the ocean or in another state, son.
Regardless, didn't say I couldn't do it, but that 50 miles is not a reasonable jaunt for your average person.
And, considering we're on 4chan, and considering OP's picture, God forbid I assume we're talking about Americans.

Don't be so triggered there are other countries beyond your own.
>>
>>984768
Wow his daughter sure has grown up

It's too bad they can't get bikes that don't suck, Dubya destroyed America but at least he can into bikes

Barry should have called his dentist friend for advice
>>
File: homerhutzpalm.jpg (136KB, 1002x769px) Image search: [Google]
homerhutzpalm.jpg
136KB, 1002x769px
>>984771
>I can't ride fifty miles or I'll end up in the ocean or in another state, son.
Please be trolling
>>
>>984771
> 50 miles is not a reasonable jaunt for your average person.

A moderately overweight little old lady at my office did a 50-mile ride as a church fundraiser thingy.

It took her all day, but she hadn't done anything I would regard as real training for it.

Anyone who cant complete a 50 mile ride on their own terms is a literal cripple. Even most literal cripples should be able to manage it.
>>
File: nope.gif (899KB, 158x129px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
899KB, 158x129px
>>984771
>50 miles is not a reasonable jaunt for your average person.
>>
>>982648
You're doing it wrong then.
>>
>>984753
>>984756

in the same vein, we have a yearly 800m, 13km climb on meme bikes for casuals

the most sober people are usually on at least 2-3 beers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kLt4c65w94
>>
>>984771
>50 miles is not a reasonable jaunt for your average person
You're either american or mentally challenged. Probably both, and obesity is another safe bet.
>>
>>984771
you ride it in a loop you mong
>>
>>985148
>another state
the fact that this doesn't remove all doubt that he is american for you probably suggests that it is your mental capacity that is limited
>>
>>985160
>because there are only american states
Um, burger, plz.
>>
>>985160
Jesus fuck anon, educate yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_state
>>
>>982836
>8% grade is practically flat

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2012/08/01/a-handy-guide-to-climbing-grades/
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.