[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the most advanced fleet of Pinarello bicycles cannot handle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

>the most advanced fleet of Pinarello bicycles cannot handle being crashed going uphill at or below 10 mph

/n/ was right after all, so glad I didn't buy into the meme guys
>>
File: dog-220428_960_720.jpg (96KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
dog-220428_960_720.jpg
96KB, 758x720px
>>980600
>10 mph
>>
Didn't he crash into a motorbike?
>>
>>980610
any kind of crash at such a low speed that doesn't involve falling into a ravine or getting sideswiped by a car is absurd, particularly for a $12,000+ bicycle, to become unusable
>>
File: joRkM3fP[1].jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
joRkM3fP[1].jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>980611
>low speed
>>
It's unfortunate, however watching Froome run was pretty entertaining.

I wonder how it will be resolved.
>>
>>980619
He still has yellow so I'm not sure what you're wondering about
>>
Adam Yates (Orica-BikeExchange) 57h 12m 20s
Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafred0) +9s
Nairo Quintana (Movistar) +14s
Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale) +28s
Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) +52s
Chris Froome (Team Sky) +53s

Quintana might have had it lads :, ( damn you skellington... penalty for running imo
>>
>>980621
Ah cause they reversed his time gap. I just saw that, I was watching it live and they hadn't figured out what to do yet when I walked away.
>>
>>980611
the bike got ran over by another motorcycle.
>>
MAIS QUELLE IMAGE DU TOUR
>>
>>980632
nah froome doom leg rom has the yellow still
>>
Watching him jog was hilarious
>>
>>980632
>the manlet has a qt3.14
There's hope for me still, just need to become a world famous athlete
>>
>>980600
The crash must've wreck the motor he had hidden in the frame. That's why he couldn't ride the neutral bike for shit too.
>>
>>980632
>penalty for running
how about no penalty for getting royally fucked by inbred retards
>>
File: Sagan.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sagan.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>980641
"is no very good for Chris Froome haha... heh.."

kek
>>
>>980600
So which are you, OP? Troll, or idiot?

Did you know that the most traffic fatalities in automobile crashes occur BELOW 15mph? That's with all that metal around to protect you, even.

Do you even have a clue as to how much force is involved at 10mph? Imagine running (on your own two feet, I mean) with your eyes closed (so you don't reflexively slow or stop) into a brick wall at 10mph; how hurt do you think you're going to get? Trip to the E.R.? Likely. Concussion? Broken bones? Likely.

Bike frames ARE NOT MADE TO CRASH. They are meant to BE RIDDEN. Expecting ANY bike to survive ANY crash into ANYTHING at 10mph without sustaining damage, is naive at best, dangerously stupid at worst. Asserting that carbon-fiber frames are weak and dangerous because they get damaged in a crash is disingenuous at best, violently stupid at worst. Stop trolling, or stop being stupid, whichever is the case, OP; you're just embarassing yourself.
>>
>>980845
WeWwWwW
>>
>>980653
anon just realized Mayans are the fucking master race
>>
>>980845

fuck off you dumb stupid faggot

10 mph is 4.5 m/s, which how fast a bike will hit the ground if dropped from a height of just ONE METRE (3 feet)

(I don't actually think the bike broke from the impact, it was almost definitely from a moto running over it, or a rider falling on it and torque-ing it hard, or something, but regardless...)

YOU are the fucking retard, even a fucking bike frame made of newspapers should survive any impact at 10 mph, you have literally NO fucking idea what you are talking about
>>
>>980845
>CAR frames ARE NOT MADE TO CRASH. They are meant to BE DRIVER. Expecting ANY CAR to survive ANY crash into ANYTHING at 10mph without sustaining damage, is naive at best, dangerously stupid at worst. Asserting that carbon-fiber CAR frames are weak and dangerous because they get damaged in a crash is disingenuous at best, violently stupid at worst. Stop trolling, or stop being stupid, whichever is the case, OP; you're just embarassing yourself.

:^)
>>
His derailleur hanger snapped.
>>
>>981162
nah

the right seat stay was broken in half about mid way

those are exceptionally thin tubed pinarellos too, the gcn vid on them said you had to be under 154lbs to buy one.
>>
File: 547354028.jpg (415KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
547354028.jpg
415KB, 1024x682px
I did start laughing out loud when they vid feed of him popped on of him jogging up the climb being stalked by another moto
>>
>>981166
>>981162
Where are you guys getting this from? Every clip I've seen doesn't even show him crash, let alone how the bike ended up
>>
>>981167
This is also Pinarello's XLITE version which is super delicate with a weight limit to save some mere 70g. Maybe Froome is regretting that now.
>>
>>981182
Durr didn't see the picture before me
>>981167

>>981189
I'm sure he is, notice how everyone else involved in the crash just picked up their bikes and rode away
>>
>>981192
The funny thing is I think the SKY director or Froome himself asked for it because muh marginal gains. Weight limit seems to be designed around Froome and they only made enough to make it race legal.
>>
>>980845
Chris pls go u fucking twat
>>
>>981199
"most advanced" and "durable" are typically mutually exclusive.

I don't get people who don't race, buy ultra light gear, then are butthurt when it breaks.
>>
>>981192
kinda doubt it

pretty easy to break a seat stay or chain stay

really depends what goes on in the crash

although he might have actually been able to ride that somewhat

Lance Armstrong won 2003 Luz Arden with a broken chainstay
>>
>>981582

While he was on more gas than Jesus.
>>
>>981824
jesus was natty tho
>>
File: 328843500.jpg (507KB, 2400x1348px) Image search: [Google]
328843500.jpg
507KB, 2400x1348px
>>981167
u are Frum and /n/ in the crowd offer you ductape and hose clamp for chainstay

they let u know ther bike snap 2 years ago and have been fine every since

Do u accept bqg or do u jog to summit?
>>
>>981824
>armstrong was the only one doping like crazy
>>
>>981868
>those veins on Gorilla's arm
>>
Any vid or pics of incident?
>>
File: VROOME.jpg (47KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
VROOME.jpg
47KB, 800x519px
>>980641
>His replacement
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.