[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it seaworthy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: noahs ark kentucky.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
noahs ark kentucky.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Is it seaworthy?
>>
I reckon the front could fall off.
>>
>>980441
>seaworthy
>Kentucky

Does it really matter?
>>
I bet the replica would disintegrate under its own weight if you tried to float it, never mind being watertight for an extended period of time.

I wish I lived near Kentucky, I would totally go and visit this thing just to troll the tour guides working there. The bible says Noah and his family were sealed inside the arc for 40 days, how did they not asphyxiate from the methane coming off all the poop being generated by millions of animals and dinosaurs?
>>
>>980441
Probably not, there's a hard limit to the size of wooden ships, and this one has passed it. At some point wood simply is unable to deal with the flexing and stresses on a boat frame you encounter at sea.
>>
>>980477
all that Tyvek can't be historically accurate...
>>
>>980441
That bulbous bow
There's a reason modern ships use that and this ark does not need one
>>
>>980480
well there were those medieval chinese ships that doubled or tripled the size of the biggest european ships but that was still no more thatn 2/3 of the size of this joke
I would pay to see them try and float it
>>
>>980496
Well it may be wood but it's made with all the modern equipment, technique as well as material available to that guy, so it's possible to build a bigger, seaworthy (depending on sea state though) vessels than the chinks did 600 years ago
>>
>>980502
probably, but nor based on bible description
>>
The thing didn't have to steer of go anywhere it just needs to float.
>>
>>980485
What IS the reason modern ships use that?
>>
>>980474
noah didn't build it at the coast either so yes

>>980477
>>980455
>>980480
>>980485
why is it 100mil then?
>>
>>980574
Because people spend money on stupid shit
>>
>>980580
I feel like making it seaworthy would've been even dumber.
>>
>>980474
although, i have personally pulled fossils of sea life out of Kentucky limestone; the entire region was underwater millions of years ago. which was before there was any life on land, probably, but it's just interesting to think about.
>>
>>980571
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbous_bow

Tldr
More speed less fuel consumption
>>
>>980477

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Noah couldn't crack a window on the ark, or that the design was in any way airtight.
>>
>>980477
>dinosaurs
>>
>>980620
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulbous_bow
Intersting reading.
>>
>>981140
>>980620
this pic from the article made me realise just how enormous boats are.
>>
>>981135
The folks that built this ark believe that dinosaurs roamed the earth when Noah was around.

>>980622
>The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then the Lord shut him in. (Gen 7:16)
>After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. (8:6-7)
Sure sounds to me like all the windows were closed for 40 days. Regardless, without some kind of powered ventilation system, it seems unlikely that open windows, even a whole lot of windows, would be sufficient to maintain survivable air quality aboard a ship packed with so much livestock.
>>
>>981183
Not that I think Noah's Ark was real, but it could have been the window in his quarters
>>
>>981183
Strictly logically speaking, event e at time t does not imply not event e at time t'.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.