[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saga/n/ appreciation thread Dude is the greatest combination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 23

File: So Handsome.jpg (58KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
So Handsome.jpg
58KB, 600x400px
Saga/n/ appreciation thread

Dude is the greatest combination of power, skill and showmanship I've ever seen.

Some things that get circlejerked are good enough to deserve it. Peter Sagan is one of those.
>>
>>980307
sagan is awesome.. too bad he is currently in 80th place.

I'd really like to see what he could do with a team supporting him towards the yellow jersey

but yeah, green, 5 years in a row is still pretty cool.
>>
Before Sagan showed up, who was considered the best bike handler in the Peloton?
>>
I want pictures of the bike he won his first race with
>>
Peter!
>>
>>980319
high modulus carbon training wheels
>>
>>980324
But was it pink?
>>
>>980325
Green

They knew he was gonna be a sprinter
>>
>sagan rides on top tube and pedals the cranks
>no one gives a shit
>froome does it
>everyone flips and its a huge trend now
My idol used to be cancellara, but now that he's almost retiring, sagan it is
>>
>>980327
Sagan has always been stylish in his riding

Froome has always seemed super-technical, kinda robotic. Honestly all of Sky seems that way. This Tour is doing a lot to change that IMO.
>>
>>980329
>tfw in 5 years team sky gets caught doping
>>
File: DatBikeHandling.jpg (228KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
DatBikeHandling.jpg
228KB, 1200x747px
Friendly reminder of best bike handling in the Peloton
>>
>>980312
He'd probably be mediocre as a GC contender even with a great team.

And why would he care about his placement in the GC. There are more than one race going on in the tdf and Sagan isn't concerned with the GC. He's after stage wins and the points classification.
>>
Sagan is everything that is right about cycling. He's having fun and popping tricks, and somehow rolling green the whole time without being a total overcompetitive shithead.

Froome is everything that is wrong with cycling, an overtrained skeleton who punches fans and cheats tactically. See the climb a couple of years back where he bonked and his domestique bought him a coke from the team car, inside the cutoff.

He ate the fine and won the tour, but without that cheat he may have lost his first tour.

>>980448

GC is for fags. Green and polkadot is for bros.
>>
>>980334
>Sagan literally unclips and kicks the trak rider behind him
>>980536
>boo hoo froome is a cheater because too many coca cola

Froome is the GOAT spooky skellington of wrecking everyone on climbs, a soft spoken friendly dude and if u don't respect him by now u just mad
>>
>>980540

I've seen other guys like that in the past who outclassed the competition by a mile, and they all turned out to be top-tier cheats.
>>
>>980307
Return of the Puncheur!
>>
>>980536
polka dot is my waifu jersey. and majka is my waifu. fuck pinot, Majka for polka
>>
>>980651
Thomas de Gendt looks smolderingly at you.
>>
File: eddyR6.jpg (30KB, 445x352px) Image search: [Google]
eddyR6.jpg
30KB, 445x352px
>>980536
>GC is for fags. Green and polkadot is for bros.

THIS

>mfw tour is unwatchable and so is one trick pony teamy sky
>mfw the only thing worth watching is classics and P-R

Sagan FTW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgGcSXf4x04

how to made road cycling more itneresting?
>>
>>980692
I wonder how the Tour would do if they had some 'descenders stages'. Obviously Sagan is an excellent descender, but I think stages built around showing off descending skills could make for an interesting change.
>>
File: 1463159047908.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1463159047908.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
>>980692
faggot, have you watched the tour? Froome has been actually racing and it's been exciting. Stop being a cynical faggot and watch it for all the other things. And after today, who the hell knows what will happen with GC? fuck you
>>
I like his accent
>>
Froome is such a fucking cheat the skeleton ran up the rest of Ventoux because his bike was fucked. That should be disallowed.
>>
>>980697

Many of the mountain stages favour bold descenders. Froome himself is a good descender, even if he takes himself way too seriously.
>>
>>980774
But what if he had heelies on his cleats? Then he'd be going up on wheels.
>>
>>980536

This.

Froome is a Fred icon, the patron saint of fun-sucking faggots.
>>
>>980790
Sagan, on the other hand, is the patron saint of shit-eating grins, wheelies, and smiles.

We should all aspire to be a little more Sagan and a little less Froome.
>>
apparently some of you need a reminder
>>
>>980791
>patron saint of shit eating grins

I knew there was a reason I was so drawn to him, I'm a cheeky bastard when I'm out riding
>>
>>980792
I mean, I'd be pretty happy to wake up every morning, look at the World Champion jersey and be like 'nah, I gotta wear the TdF Points Leader jersey instead'.
>>
File: psagan.jpg (113KB, 634x573px) Image search: [Google]
psagan.jpg
113KB, 634x573px
Sagan
>Skillful rider
>UCI championship
>He's handsome
>I bet he have a huge dick
>Hot ass gf
>Descends like a beast.
>Top sprinter.
>funny
>10/10 bro I would hang out with

Literally the reason why I threw my fixie and become a roadie.

Froome

>Cheater
>Ugly af skeleton
>Steals techniques
>Salty

I don't know why even his name pops out in this thread. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>980843
Have you seen his car? Dude is like a cager goodwill ambassador.
>>
>>980844
who, sagan or froome?
>>
>>980843
he's married now :3
>>
>>980843
kek u gay
>>
>>980846
Sagan. He's got a badass custom charger.
>>
>>980843

Sagan nails it, dude is bro. It's not even his skill just a cool guy. See his estwhile teammate Brumotti who is undeniably one of the most skilled riders around, the the guy comes across as a tryhard showoff.

Sagan on the other hand is a sick motherfucker just for the pure joy of it.
>>
>>980878

That's cool man he has a novelty car to tote his slut around and shit. We've all got cars too right? I've got a vintage 1971 Datsun rusting in the driveway for those times I need to drive.
>>
>>980790
>Froome is a Fred icon, the patron saint of fun-sucking faggots.

its team sky effect
>>
File: Capture.jpg (133KB, 754x806px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
133KB, 754x806px
>all these podium booing, piss throwing, jealous french cunts
>>
>>981121
>those cankles

fuck
>>
Tom Dumoulin seems pretty bro-tier too
>>
>>981171
Adam Hansen is pretty awesome too.

And honestly, if you watch their backstage pass stuff, the entire OBE team is halrious.
>>
When will Peter's cycling saga end?

Hehheh joke was own invented heh heh :D
>>
>>981186
Their father is Jens Voigt
>>
>>981190
lol XD bbq
>>
No other rider trains by chopping wood in a rustic cabin and pulling people around on a toboggan.
>>
>>980989
desu they're married now
>>
>>980851
>>981373
derp
>>
Let's remember they don't say Peter as we do, more like "Pjotr" or "Piotr".

Just check out his national champ videos, they always call "Pjotr Sagan".
>>
>>981425
You're retarded. In Slovak the letters are pronounced exactly as they're written.

So you don't read it as Pjotr or Piotr, but Peter, prononcing normal E [as in [i]met[/i]] instead of I [as in [i]meet[/i]].
>>
>>981430
It really is Pjotr, They just don't want that his name sounds too Russian.
>>
>>981430
NICE HTML TAGS FAGGOT
>>
>>981425
Who "they"? In Slovak it's definitely Peter not Piotr.
>>
File: Carl_Sagan_Planetary_Society.jpg (116KB, 328x448px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Sagan_Planetary_Society.jpg
116KB, 328x448px
You fools!

Obviously this is best Sagan.
>>
>>981510

It is the same with Michael Schumacher, you don't say Michael, more like "Mihail".

Don't teach how to spell Slovak, I am native speaker and this is how we say those names.
>>
>>981549
Rafal Majka is typical spelled with a slash through the l, like this: Rafał. how do you say that? "Raafle"?
>>
>>981699
Rahfahw. With the h's silent.
I mean, Rafaw, with short a's.
Am i describing this well enough. I'm always surprised at how native english speakers can find every possible way to mispronounce foreign words.
>>
GC riders are all fucking gearfags who bend the rules and swap bike setups over a stage. I think that's borderline cheating and a far cry from le tour as it was born where the bike had to finish the race unsupported.

But GC skeletons couldn't have that the only reason they're competitive is disposable muh grams bikes.

Whereas a rider like Sagan could do the tour on a fatbike.
>>
>>981720
Nah gc is all about power to weight. A bigger guy like Sagan couldn't be competitive. He's fine fighting for green and combativity, and then going and crushing the classics.
>>
>>981720
>fucking gearfags
>le original tour meme

You're being sentimental about a time when the riders took strychnine (a pesticide that causes muscular convulsions and eventually death through asphyxia- also the most popular drug in early years), nitroglycerin, ether, amphetamines, chloroform and cocaine. For 60 years doping was legal and the race was hell.

Also Froome and Quintana both grew up riding second hand mountain bikes in stable but not wealthy families in developing countries, like Sagan.
>>
>>981755
Totally on point.

Although desu I really wish Esteban Chaves was riding this tour. Dude is basically the cutest thing ever.
>>
>>981549
You're just weakly trolling, underage retard.

>>981699
L with slash is a polish letter and is read like W in english. So that would be "Rah-fahw"
>>
>>980692
>how to made road cycling more itneresting?
Ban the radios maybe?
>>
>>981720

In a way I agree, I hate the borderline cheating you mentioned. At the same time though, they are pushing bike/rider technology to the very limit, which is awesome, as that tech trickles down into the bikes I can afford.

I'd love to see a 'real' grand tour though, where riders have to bring panniers full of spares, a frame pump and enough nutrition to last the race.
>>
>>982014
Something like the Grand Divide race, the Iditarod, or any of the personal time trial races?

Granted, we're only getting pictures now but it's being done in its own way.
>>
>>981755
fyi froome and all of team sky is also on juice, watch them they have that painless face like armstrong used to (and his team).
froome is going to ruin the sport unless team sky and all their riders are banned.
>>
>>982019
Also, cocaine potential is not zero.
>>
>>982056

kek, you can tell who is doping and who isn't by their facial expressions? fuck off you mentalist faggot
>>
>>982130
and their performance, yes this is how the old timers spotted the previous dopers and how they all said that armstrong was doped but nobody listened or did anything because of course jesus wasn't doped.
>>
Congrats Pjotr Sagan, he won today!!!
>>
>>982357
Came here to post this! I cheered when they confirmed he won
>>
File: watch_v=NyDnIfgaApM[00_01_47].jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watch_v=NyDnIfgaApM[00_01_47].jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>break away at the start
>ride the whole fucking race ahead of the peloton
>get caught at the last kms
>finish last
thanx
>>
>>982388
The peloton should've let Cancellara win. It's maybe his last year racing, and it's his hometown finish.
>>
>>982428
>The peloton should've let Cancellara win.
what it's competition?
Even if it's the last day of his life there's no reason to let him win. Cycling isn't for the weak.
Fuck Froome, fuck Canceralla this is a Peter Sagan appreciation thread.
>>
>>982428
>the peloton should've let one of the biggest cunts in the history of cycling win

"no"
>>
>>982440
>biggest cunts

I'm not familiar with what Cancellara has done to merit that (only been following pro cycling for about a year). Can you enlighten me?
>>
>>982428
*Cancellara should have tried harder to win in his own hometown on his last Tour

Ftfy
>>
>>982388
I know what the reasons are for breaks and blah blah, but I still don't really understand it. The pelo lets them break because they know they'll catch them right? These days it's so fucking rare that a break works on a flat stage so I don't even know why they bother wasting all that energy to just get caught and perish like dogs.

For that matter, why do breaks at all? That way, teams don't have to worry about if the break they let go will win or not. The peloton gets super fragmented at the end of literally every stage, so it's not like it'd be a huge bunch every time.

Can someone explain why breaks go and aren't caught immediately besides for team exposure and a "chance at a win" (that one really only applies to flat stages as well)? little cat 4/3 kom points and intermed sprints are negligible anyway...
>>
>>982532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at57RCLBt3Q

enjoy
>>
>>982532
Break is the only way for a non sprinter to win. The question is when.
>>
File: liveforbesad.png (2MB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
liveforbesad.png
2MB, 1200x835px
So, /n/, do you life for be sad?
>>
>>980334
hol up brahs gotta do some side pushups #crossfit

i say hol the fuq up
>>
>>982428

Poor old Cancellara, can't do that e-doping trick no more the filthy cheat.
>>
>>982532

Breakaways get good airtime for their team and sponsors. It also controls the tactics of the peloton. Even though Cancellara didn't win his fans would have been out to see him and that's better at the front.
>>
>>982357

What a fucking legend. He makes it look easy.
>>
>>982286

True that, even if it's just some kind of transfusion or something you can clearly see those cheating riders leave the entire pack of the best riders in the world like their cat6ers on the way to the office.
>>
>>982717
nigga made it look so easy that a norweigan thought he was peter sagan for a few minutes.
>>
>>982718
>transfusion
Blood passport.
>>
File: CfL0Mo-XEAAkeS1.jpg (71KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
CfL0Mo-XEAAkeS1.jpg
71KB, 600x337px
>>982640
no
>>
>>982532
Publicity
>>
>>980988
Brumotti is not his teammate. He's a trials rider that Tinkoff gave a kit to.
>>
>>982878
Hence the

>erstwhile
>>
>>982640

Sagan and his sprinter bros gives me hope that I can cycle for huge long hours on mountain routes without being a spooky skellington. I've been fond of strength training since way before cycling kind of took over, and I was worried I would have to waste away my muscularity to be able to cycle on long climbs. But that nigga pretty swole for a grand tour cyclist, and all I wanna do is be able to ride non competitively through the mountains with my friends.
>>
File: hj66.png (2MB, 1344x1507px) Image search: [Google]
hj66.png
2MB, 1344x1507px
shit was cool
>>
>>983051
M-midousuji?
>>
>>982973
Work on your wheelies my man
>>
>>982973

Stick with the compact cranks or triple.
>>
>>983051

>manual reflex

Sagan is boss. I can't wait to see if he can rekt a bitch at the champs.
>>
Well, it's confirmed, Sagan to start at Bora next season. For 6 millon euros.

Also green jersey secured.
>>
File: 43747.jpg (15KB, 236x360px) Image search: [Google]
43747.jpg
15KB, 236x360px
>>980307

He kinda looks like Brad Pitt.
>>
File: absolute madman.webm (2MB, 746x720px) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.webm
2MB, 746x720px
>>
>>982973
Actually being fit and having some muscles is going to help you a lot more while cycling than trying to be a skeleton that ends up being a skinnyfat, or straight up fat, wannabe skeleton like every amateur "climber" is. At least you've got some muscles that you can use while they're nothing but skin, bones and fat.

Compact cranks and at least a 28 on the back and you'll be able to climb pretty much anything.
>>
>>983348
HERE COME DAT BOI
>>
>>983274
>Sagan to start at Bora
YES!

I was so rustled by the rumour of him joining the cunts, Astana. That would have torn me so bad between hating those assholes and loving Sagan. This is the best news I've heard all day.
>>
>>983408
He seems to be winning more riding on S-works though. He was quite the loser when he was on Cannondale team. In fact, it seems like that team is going to shit, you don't hear a lot about them anymore.
>>
File: 1437930639656.jpg (330KB, 1023x511px) Image search: [Google]
1437930639656.jpg
330KB, 1023x511px
>>983274

>you will never be paid 6 million euros to ride your bike

Why live?
>>
Seems like a lot of whining anti-froomefag bitches here forgot the best tdf break in years. Get back to me the next time the green and yellow fuck the whole peleton and keep going.
>>
>>
>>
>>983423
FROOMEY HOW ARE YOU
>>
>>983430
Good m8, massage is going well, gonna blitz the MTT tomorrow, book it! That little goat herding fag is fucking crying on 2nd floor.
>>
>>983432
I totally want this to turn into an epic bromance. Imagine Sagan teaching froome how to wheelie.
>>
>>983432
It just occurred to me looking at this picture if an Orica rider got the green jersey they wouldn't need to change their bike getup at all.
>>
>>983051
KIMO
I
M
O
>>
>>983435
Same with Cannondale, though they're way less likely to do it than OBE
>>
>>983351

Yeah I feel my legs hold out power-wise a bit better than the average noob climber would due to doing olympic lifts. However, my bike is a steel roadie from the early 90s; beautifully made 531 frame, but the lowest I can go gearing wise is 42-22 so climbing can be hard for me. I'm intrigued to see what my efforts look like on a bike with compact cranks and bigger cogs after a few more months of climbing on this thing, whilst continuing my strength training.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
Have you guys seen the bike that our boy Peter is riding in the final stage?

Look at this absolutely beauty
>>
>>985110
Fucking hideous
>>
>>985110
>tfw no polka dot special bike
>>
>>985110
Seat tube looks all kind of fucked up. And the bar tape is an awful colour and doesn't match.
But a cool looking bike otherwise.
>>
>>983351
Untrained skinny is still a much better climber than untrained fat.

>>983476
That may be all it is. A "feeling".
Olympic lifts are purely fast twitch muscle, anaerobic.
Climbing is very much slow twitch muscle and cardiovascular.
Feel free to correct me with some evidence, but weight lifting is not going to get you up a mountain faster.
>>
>>985116

Your face when no Polka dots and somekinda gaypride rainbow rims
>>
>>985137
>this weak bait

It's the World Champion of gay pride to you, pal
>>
>>985144
Some Spede said no polka dots special theme, he won Green points competition.
>>
>>985116
Yes there is. Check Majka's instagram, he posted a pic. It's a beaut
>>
>>983425

Sagan is so awesome even the cheating skelton wheelsucks him.
>>
>>983348

Man I'm waiting for him to do an endo 180 to fakie over the finish, maybe with a grindie on the barricades.
>>
>>983410

I'd say it's more to do with the team than the bike.
>>
>>980786
only if his cleats have a double diamond construction
>>
Apparently, due to Tinkoff getting too salty and withdrawing, Peter Sagan (with his winger Maciej Bodnar) move to Bora-whatever team is a done deal. Rumour has it Majka will be joining them too.
Just so you know.
>>
>>985959
Where is distance urban bmx racing? That sound like it could be really fun
>>
File: Capture+_2016-07-31-22-15-39.png (1MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-07-31-22-15-39.png
1MB, 1440x2392px
>>983351
I spend occasional weeks on single speeds to avoid becoming a skeleton
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.