[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GET OUT OF MY WAY IF I DON'T GO 100MPH THEN THE WORLD WILL END

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 19

File: angry-driver-large.jpg (58KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
angry-driver-large.jpg
58KB, 700x460px
GET OUT OF MY WAY

IF I DON'T GO 100MPH THEN THE WORLD WILL END
>>
>>980114
Is it wrong if I don't let those drivers double me?
>>
>>980114
What are you trying to say here?
>>
File: 1367387879825.jpg (82KB, 465x308px) Image search: [Google]
1367387879825.jpg
82KB, 465x308px
>>980317
>>
the left lane is for _______
>>
>>980598
Passing only.
In my state, if you stay in the 'fast lane' like an asshole, you will get a ticket.
>>
I have to admit, I fell victim to road rage today. Some stupid bitch was going 10 in a 25 and halfway in the bike lane, I normally would never feel the need to overtake an automobile but peloton.exe kicked in.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (116KB, 625x404px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
116KB, 625x404px
>>980343
>>
>>980642
Do traffic laws differ greatly from state to state?
Asuming ur an USA d00de too
>>
>>981981
I don't know about GREATLY, but they do vary, yeah.
I mean, they just started it here not too long ago.

They hardly enforce it and it kind of pisses me off. I guess it decongests the road ever so slightly, but I think it encourages speeding. And since needledicks feel as if they have a right to the 'fast lane' on the left, in the event that you actually need to get over there to turn or whatever, you're trying to merge with a full lane of assholes going 10-20mph over the limit.
>>
>>982464
pls
>>
File: 562704262.jpg (24KB, 475x313px) Image search: [Google]
562704262.jpg
24KB, 475x313px
>tfw appreciate both cars and bicycles
>the communities hate each other to death
Can't everybody just have their fun going fast?
>>
>>982533

Thank you for taking the words out of my mouth.
>>
File: motorsjustdontlookforcyclists.jpg (16KB, 590x304px) Image search: [Google]
motorsjustdontlookforcyclists.jpg
16KB, 590x304px
>>982533
Because one group is actively driving to fuck with us at worst, or too ignorant of what they're doing to us at best.
I hate biking around and seeing those tally mark decals you can buy for your car, with hashes next to a cyclist picture.
Like the fighter planes wold have swastikas for all the Germans they downed. I know it's not a message to me, but other motorists, but still.

I've had cars follow me, see how close they can get to me, actually bump me on purpose once, hit me twice by 'accident' (Both ran away), turn they're lights off and rev their engine when they see us coming at night, I've had bottles thrown on me, both open and closed, and countless shouts of abuse, and for what? I fucking laugh.
So, yeah, you can see how that grudge builds.

Not every motorist is a cager, but every cager is a motorist, so it's easy to think we hate all cars.
Only the crazies do. I know when I say 'cager' here, I mean only cagers.
>>
>>982550
You forgot, attempted murder is morally equivalent to you just riding your bike and making some cager lift his pedal off the gas for 5 seconds and turn the steering wheel half a degree to the left and then half a degree to the right.

If you disagree with me you are poor and probably cannot even afford a cage.
>>
>>982551
>You forgot, attempted murder is morally equivalent to you just riding your bike and making some cager lift his pedal off the gas for 5 seconds and turn the steering wheel half a degree to the left and then half a degree to the right.
I mean, that's how cagers would have you think. Where I live, being out is must be perceived as an affront to them or something.
I could understand if I were riding a BMX down I-95, playing a kazoo, and flipping people off, but I'm just riding a fucking bike.
Don't fuck with me.

>If you disagree with me you are poor and probably cannot even afford a cage.
I'm poor, but I deliver pizzas. I drive around all day for a living.
>>
File: deerwitit.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
deerwitit.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
>>980114
/o/ here
Git gud bikefags you are a literal embarrassment to yourself and other road users. No one else on the road acts more entitled, whiny and cringe inducing as you are, acting as though you have some right to own the entire road while not paying a cent of road tax and being a danger to other road users. Your pitiful slow speed and lack of insurance and licensing have caused a multitude of problems for the rest of society, you want to use the road system rightfully built for the car but believe you should be more entitled and have more rights to the road than average motorists who have rightfully paid for the system and have maintained a system that deals with the issues such as licensing and insurance. Plus the fact with all the childish lobbying or incessant whining it is clear cyclists are the bane and plague of society.
>>
>>982556
Poor effort, please use less tired memes
1/10 at least I replied
>>
File: postingono.jpg (98KB, 1608x1120px) Image search: [Google]
postingono.jpg
98KB, 1608x1120px
>>982556
You joke, but full grown adults think this way.
>>
>>982559
this
first I laughed
then I read it in Clarkson's voice since this is essentially one of the skits they done on top gear
then I remembered similar, totally non-ironic comments under a press article about how town was introducing some new bike infrastructure

jesus fuck cagers
>>
File: o projects.png (40KB, 903x412px) Image search: [Google]
o projects.png
40KB, 903x412px
it's this time again
>>
i hate you faggots with your banana helmets and your gay neon yellow spandex suits cycling on the road where there are no fucking bike lanes

js
>>
>>982553
>Where I live, being out is must be perceived as an affront to them or something.
Human tribalism + classism. You're not in a car so you're strange and beneath them, therefore you cease to be human. You become a human-shaped thing to be punished and brought back in line or driven away with violence.
>>
>mfw only transportation is a push bike and 125cc motorcycle
>push bike for local trips
>motorbike for further trips,shopping, getting to work,etc
>everyone is amazed I don't have a car
>people mock me that my motorbike doesn't enjoy going faster than 60MPH
>despite, due to roads in the area, them barely able to get their gigantic off roaders above 40 before a tight blind corner cuts off their acceleration

Despite that I have to change the oil every 1,000 miles and filters every 2,000 miles, the money I save compared to their 1MPG behemoths is amazing.
>>
File: cagers.jpg (103KB, 1232x289px) Image search: [Google]
cagers.jpg
103KB, 1232x289px
>>
>>982731
Keep raging impotently from inside your little Jewish steel box, cuck :^)
>>
>>980114
>IF I DON'T GO 100MPH THEN THE WORLD WILL END
What if he's right?
>>
>>982550
>every cager is a motorist

In Washington, D.C. and Arlington, Virginia, cyclists routinely rage. tl;dr fuck you
>>
>in a cage driving in the mountains with a friend
>night/twilight, very winding road that essentially is a series of switchbacks
>narrow road, solid double lines all the way
>heading down the mountain
>cage coming from behind at a bajillion miles per hour
>speeding cunt passes us doing about 35/40 in a 10, yes 10, the road is that fucking dangerous that it's a 10
>there is a car coming from the other direction, up the mountain, which fuckwad speeder didn't see because it's a fucking series of switchbacks and extreme curves in the road like no shit
>feel like I'm in slow motion watching speedcunt about to murder this other car, causing a crash that we will not be able to brake in time to avoid
>it's a near miss
>speed cunt continues racing down the mountain like nothing happened

>mfw this same exact situation happened in another mountain in another state and the car in front of me, full of my friends, was almost smashed and destroyed by a speeding dickbag trying to pass on a narrow road with limited view and nearly colliding into oncoming traffic

I want black boxes installed in every cage, yes full on big brother, because the benefit of having these fucking murderous sickpricks locked in a jail for life is worth living in a spy nation.
>>
>>984395
>In Washington, D.C. and Arlington, Virginia, cyclists routinely rage. tl;dr fuck you
Hello, friend! Are you retarded?

:^)

You can't be a cager without a cage, you fucking retard. Hence, all cagers are motorists, because motorists in this content means a car driver, but not all car drivers are raging cagers.
I really don't fucking care that much about raging cyclists because 1) They're dealing with this shit right now, and I imagine it'd cool down if they didn't have to be on the offensive so much, and more importantly 2) The damage a cyclist can do to a car is SO minimal compared to the damage a car can do to a cyclist, and as an added bonus, if a cyclist hits something hard enough to seriously fuck it up, he isn't going anywhere; you'll find him crumpled at the scene. Meanwhile, a cager on a war path can take out a dozen cyclists and speed away from the scene.

>>984396
Black boxes are gonna rattle my freedom cage, but if it's more of a danger, you have to have more of a responsibility.
That sentiment, I don't disagree with.
>>
File: 1457650491874.gif (84KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457650491874.gif
84KB, 375x375px
>>984388
cheeeeckeeed for truth
>>
>>982550
deal with it pussy. get a car like a functioning adult
>>
>>982556
>road tax
Thank goodness this shitposting isn't coming from an American. I live in the most car obsessed region of the most car obsessed country on earth and people are a lot nicer than Eurofags, Aussies, etc. are to cyclists.
>>
>>984815
Are you about to fucking tell me that Americans are the nicest to cyclists? Because I live there.

>>984811
Oh, good response! Very reasonable!
>>
>>982550
you should move out of the sticks to a decent civilized place east of the hudson river
>>
File: 1466568000767.jpg (23KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
1466568000767.jpg
23KB, 236x330px
>>984825
I live in NJ, friend. Any more east and I'm biking under water.
>>
>>984840
Where in nj brother
>>
>>984841
Camden County. There's a couple other Jersey-posters here, but they're all Central/North, I think.
>>
Yeah, people who are driving must get into their high paid important jobs, while cyclists doesn't really care about their jobs in fast food chains.
>>
File: 1383353694737.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1383353694737.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>984847
>>
>>984847
Yes, everybody knows that the highest paid jobs, you have to show up exactly at 8, whereas fast food jobs, you can just show up whenever and they're cool with it.
>>
>>984811
If you judge someone for just riding a bicycle harshly enough to consider harming them you're definitely on the spectrum with some pent up stress and should be committed. You may function but you're a sorry excuse for an adult you despicable piece of shit kill yourself to preserve resources
>>
>>981981
The rules don't differ too much, but the extent to which they are enforced varies greatly between different parts of the United States.
>>982533
Sure but only bicycles are allowed to go fast on roads, cars only on racetracks.
>>
File: NHleXNS.jpg (367KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NHleXNS.jpg
367KB, 1200x1200px
>>984849
Its actually the opposite. Low paying jobs are usually geographically and time dependent (fast food chef, laborer, phone support ect) . High skilled labor can usually be performed from anywhere at any time therefore allowing you to work flexible hours or work part-time from home.
>>
File: amerifat.jpg (62KB, 552x419px) Image search: [Google]
amerifat.jpg
62KB, 552x419px
>>984861
That was his point

Also, fast food workers and fast food eaters are fat fucks
Why are you not vegan yet?
>>
>>984861
Yeah, it's almost like he was being sarcastic or something.
>>
>>982550
>I hate biking around and seeing those tally mark decals you can buy for your car, with hashes next to a cyclist picture.
the fuck
>>
File: il_214x170.922076473_n9u3.jpg (6KB, 214x170px) Image search: [Google]
il_214x170.922076473_n9u3.jpg
6KB, 214x170px
>>984868
My buddies' dad has one. He's not a cager, he's just weird, but the fact that they sell them isn't so nicely intentioned, I don't think.
>>
>>984650
>Black boxes are gonna rattle my freedom cage,

I mean, I'm about as freedom-loving as it gets, but with more and more people every year, more and more cagers, more and more traffic, more and more mixed use roadways, it will lead to more deaths unless we do something. There's too damn many accidents as it is and every day you hear about an ignorant cager murdering innocents by driving like a bag of shit. They need to be punished for their crimes. Pirating, drugs, fapping to loli, vandwelling? Who is hurt? But if you drive like a shitbag people may die, that's unacceptable.

>>984843

God and christ above man, how are you alive? Do yourself a favor and move out of jersey. It's one of the worst states for cyclists... Cager central and they're all a bunch of dicks to boot.

>>984869

If I saw that I would key the shit out of it. I'd draw a dick and balls right on the side and trace a line all the way around, hit every component. I'd get the fucking roof, too.
>>
>>984861
pretty sure the guy was being sarcastic broheim
>>984843
nikolasv is from NJ
>>
>>985128

Maybe a good business opportunity, sell big dick stickers with like 25+ tally strikes and go around sticking them on the back of those cars. xD
>>
>>985128
yeah key the sh.. out of him...why don't you apply for the justice league Mr. I am the law...
>>
>>986741
not the poster, but it's not about being the law, it's about assholes that count the amount of cyclists and FUCKING DISABLED PEOPLE they HIT WITH THEIR CAR. The fact that he's driving a car means that he is obviously not tested with some sort of mental health issue, just an asshole/cager/piece of scum that should therefore get fucked up. It's a direct insult and threat to cyclists, so when they get mad at that, they respond with damaging that person's property. Yes, it's an act of rage/sense of revenge, however I see it to be fine as they are labelling themselves as a criminal, and criminals should not be given respect. Simple.
>>
more like

GET OUT OF MY WAY
IF I DONT GET TO THIS NEXT RED LIGHT A FEW SECONDS LATER THE WORLD WILL END
>>
>>980598
whatever you want because this isn't the fucking interstate
>>
>>985128
>There's too damn many accidents
They aren't "accidents", stop using cager words
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-36935984

>Two riders have been injured in separate crashes during the RideLondon-Surrey cycle race.
>A man came off his bike and hit a tree just after 09:00 BST in Working and was taken to hospital by air ambulance.
>The cycle race was disrupted for 45 minutes between Pyrford and Ripley in Surrey and a diversion put in place, which has now been lifted.

That was a closed route. No cars. Nothing but cyclists.

And they still managed to seriously injured themselves.

So stop lying: the real reason for so many cyclist injuries is because you're incompetent.
>>
>>987877
>a sporting event represents real-world cycling conditions
Also isn't the UK the place where they scatter thumbtacks on pro bike races because the local cagers are so angry and want to hurt people?
Why yes, yes it is
http://road.cc/content/news/154403-tacks-sprinkled-velothon-wales-route-riders-praise-local-support
Hmmm I wonder who could be behind these crashes...
>>
>>984869
It's a joke, mate. Calm down.
>>
>>985128
As a cyclist who also regularly drives for work I think you're being far too one-sided. Yes, there should be greater responsibility on the person driving a big metal box but cyclists often don't do themselves any favours. Drivers and cyclists need to work together and be understanding of each other, not act like each is out to ruin the other's day.

For every nutjob driver there's the guy that pulls over so or puts his mirror in to let you through. We also don't often recognise the people that drive respectfully and give us space when overtaking and so on, we only notice when people are being cunts.
>>
>>987878
Yes, I'm sure it's the evil "cagers" who worship the great steering wheel in the sky and not just a bunch of chavvy scum looking for a "laugh". You have a victim complex.
>>
>>987878
>Hmmm I wonder who could be behind these crashes...

There were thousands of cyclists on that course, and hundreds of stewards & police around the course. There were no thumbtacks, caltrops, anti-personnel mines or snipers.

Just cyclists who are a danger to themselves and others.

So the answer to your question is "It was incompetent cyclists"; but we both knew that.
>>
daily reminder if there werent any roads gas stations driveways or cage-related infrastructure everything would be closer together and you wouldn't need cars in the first place
>>
>>987889
That's arrant nonsense. Cars didn't prevent the creation of megacities.
>>
>>987890
>strawman
That wasn't his claim. My city (Stockholm, SE) is a very pedestrain- and cyclist friendly city by american standards, and the city core still has >50% of is area devoted to parking lots and roads - mainly adapted to personal motor vehicle transportation. This is completely unreasonable in a city where less than a fifth of travels to- and from the city centre is actualy made by car, and less than a third of city residents actualy have a license. There is still ungodly traffic chaos and queues, of course.

Cars lay claim to such silly amounts of public space that even a very modest car use completely changes the city landscape and the preconditions for every alternative mode of travel. Even when the "alternative" modes of travel are in the majority.
Our city could be nearly twice as dense if it wasn't for politicians catering to what is only a petty few asshats riding their cage everywhere.
>>
>>982556
You have to include
>spandex wearing fags
for it to be proper bait
>>
>>987889
That's what it's like in florida. You need to get on the highway to get across the other highway.
>>
>>982550
I have a steel folding asp I usually carry in my jersey that works really well If someone tries to fight You. Also I have a 22. Revolver that fits in my jersey pocket that I carry when biking in sketchier places. Long story short, I have had enough trouble with assholes that I've had to carry something to give me an advantage over aggressive faggots
>>
>>982556
>no one on the road acts more entitled

You've obviously never been dh longboarding

Also motorists are easily the most entitled faggots on the road. did you even read a word you typed? I don't know how you think someone riding a 20-30lb vehicle with no motor is more entitled than some faggot in his car who wants the road to himself so he can go fast.

You are fucking autistic.

Also fun fact: the first paved roads in America were built for bicycles.
>>
>>987971
>Also fun fact: the first paved roads in America were built for bicycles.
Same applies to pretty much everywhere were modern roads were before the motorcar.

Here in Britain we have roads that are clearly not designed for cars - they're far too thin and winding - but are perfect for farm vehicles,walkers and cyclists (motorised and pedal-powered).
>>
>>987912
Fair enough I guess. I'm not a city dweller so my perspective is different. I have some sympathy with "cagers" because of that I guess. Cycling's mostly just a hobby, aside from people like myself who work very nearby.
>>
>>984815
To be fair, aren't all your roads 50 feet wide? There's plenty of space.

I do think maybe you should pay some road tax for cycling on the condition that a certain % is spent on cycle lanes etc. I'm not sure how you'd easily enforce it though.
>>
>>987986
Riding a motorcycle down most of our tight country lanes must be a nightmare desu. The hedgerows are overgrown, the roads covered in mud and loose gravel etc, huge potholes...
>>
>>987988
Governments should incentivise cycling by making it both cheaper and more safe and convenient.

They wont though, because they get so much dosh from tax on vehicles and petrol.

I'm still super mad that a small motorcycle has to pay road tax, but "green" cars don't.
>>
>>987989
It's not even half as bad as all that. You just need to be prepared (have semi-off-road tyres during spring and autumn, winter ones in winter), and don't skimp on brakes and keep self-service them as often as a chain.

And the potholes aren't hard to avoid, since they're often along cager's wheel-lines, or too close to the hedge to worry about.

And because they're so winding cagers can't get any speed up and crawl along at 15-20.

Biggest issue is that some roads are too thin to overtake cars,so you get stuck behind some guy going 5mph because he's worried he might put that massive 4x4 he "owns" to its designed use.

Even road floods aren't an issue on a bike (as long as your exhaust is high enough. Literally had to lift my legs 2' off the ground to get through a flood once.Was sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>987990
>road tax

There's no such thing, motorfriend. There are taxes on fuel and registration etc, but those don't come close to paying the full cost of roads. Furthermore, excessive driving and reliance on motor vehicles has all sorts of negative externalities that are paid for by society in general in other ways.

Driving is cancer.
>>
>>987995
No one calls it VED.
>>
>>987988
>I do think maybe you should pay some road tax for cycling on the condition that a certain % is spent on cycle lanes etc.
But "road tax" does not go towards those investments, anon.

Your income taxes however, do. So everyone with an income but no car is actually subsidizing the cagers favourite mode of transportation for him. They're welfare-queens. With big trucks and fragile egos.
>>
>>987990
>Governments should incentivise cycling by making it both cheaper and more safe and convenient.

They just need to build proper cycling infrastructure. Anything else is just throwing good money after bad.
>>
>>988000
So, do what the Dutch did?
>>
>>988002
Basically, yes. But you also have to couple that with improved driving standards; most complaints of "cagers" tend to come from Americans, who do truly have generally dreadful driving standards: the sort of complicated grade separated junctions that you get in the Netherlands would never work in the USA because drivers would just not be able to handle them.
>>
>>988005
I think they should take a leaf out of the motorcycle licence system.

Here in the UK we get the same issue as what Americans have. Any mong can get behind a wheel after a minor and easy-as-fuck test.

Meanwhile motorcycle tests are split in to two parts (manoeuvres and road riding). So you have to be skilled to pass and be allowed on the road unrestricted. Which is weird since if you lose control of a motorcycle or are inattentive the most likely victim is only yourself, when doing the same in a car can leave many injured and you'll likely walk away with a minimum sentence (and slapped with a crime that should be classed as murder or manslaughter rather than "death by dangerous driving.")
>>
>>988009
The UK driving test is one of the hardest in Europe (although I am reliably informed that the Polish driving test is harder still).

Any European driving test is incomparable to the average USA driving test, though.

AFAIR the only reason the UK motorbike test is split is because it's impossible for the tester to watch & control the rider on the road, so they have a seperate section for maneuvers where the tester can stand at the side and watch.
>>
>>987889
>mfw the out-of-town shopping centres have car parks bigger than the store itself
>you could easily fit a whole load of houses and other shops there
>but nope
>it's a car park

Even just roads take up so much space. I wonder how much usable, liveable, fertile land has been ruined forever with tarmac.

And this isn't even mentioning the cancer of the modern age: streets lined with parked cars and commuter towns.
>>
>>988013
>The UK driving test is one of the hardest in Europe

Really? That's a genuine shock.
>>
>>980114
not everyone else's fault you dont have anywhere to be

there's no autism quite like bicycle autism
>>
>>980598
illinois drivers.

wisconsin drivers, do your 54mph in the right lane.
>>
File: heres_your_you.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
heres_your_you.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>988017
May this (You) fill the emotional void.
>>
>>988015
Pretty sure it's not true. In some countries you need 60+ hours tuition including 30 hours at night and on skid pans etc.
In the UK you could theoretically pass based on just a 1 hour drive with the examiner.

In the UK I had 17 hours of lessons including my test which I passed and then I could drive unrestricted.
>>
>>988009
That is so different to the motorcycle endorsement I got in my U.S. state. You take a knowledge test and are issued a learners permit if you pass. You then can take out your motorcycle with only a few restrictions; no riding at night, no freeways, and no passengers. The permit expires after a year but can be reissued. Some people simply take a road test afterwards but that is rare. Most people take a class that teaches you how to ride. The class is 6p-10p during a weeknight and then 5 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday. On the weekend they provide motorcycles for you to practice on and teach you how to ride from never having sat on a bike. They are held in parking lots and they have different road stripes where you practice different maneuvers. At the end you take a skills test in the parking lot. The class is pretty cheap ($150) and I think is totally worth it.
>>
>>987881
Can't win it ties in with a widespread attitude of hate and antagonization.
>>
>driving two sofas down the road
>not entitl'd
than;ks
>>
>>984863
>Why are you not vegan yet?

veganism
=/= weight loss
>>
>>988090
In the U.K. The whole process is:
>CBT - 1 whole day, then you can ride up to 125cc anywhere but M-roads for 2 years
>Theory test
>Module 1 test
>Module 2 test

But even the license is split in two three categories. So a 20 year old can pass a 125cc test and get their licence, then will have to resit the M1 and M2 tests again to ride a bigger age restricted bike.
>>
>>988014
we should honestly just nuke suburban america and start over
>>
>>988171
Ther's harsh, and then there's UK harsh. Cock and ball torture for a whole day? Surely that would put some of you off driving? Or breeding.
>>
>>987966
#just3rdwoldthings
>>
>>980114
>IF I DON'T GO 100MPH THEN THE WORLD WILL END
nobody will go to your funeral and your family will get the police / fire / ems bill for the blood puddle you leave when you have a single car crash in the woods and racoons eat your eyeballs while your chest is impaled on your broken steering wheel rim
>>
File: stopping-distances.jpg (53KB, 1111x354px) Image search: [Google]
stopping-distances.jpg
53KB, 1111x354px
>The 30mph speed limit in urban areas was devised at a time when death on the roads was an accepted part of daily life. In 1930, before its introduction, more than 7,300 people died in road accidents. At that time there were just over 2m vehicles on the road. It was a controversial move: speed signs were defaced and there was no shortage of irate drivers writing to the Times to protest.

>GRRRR HOW DARE YOU FORCE ME TO BE RESPONSIBLE

Speeds limits should be massively lowered anyway. The human brain just isn't wired to be moving at the speeds that we allow ourselves to go in motorcars.
>there's actually roads here that have a 60MPH limit (which people frequently break)
>and there's no foot path and there's houses along the road
>meaning that by the time they see someone they have to brake for they are already nearly at the reason they need to brake in the first place

Why is this considered acceptable?
>>
>>989032
Why is it acceptable that we trust people to put on their own trousers?
>>
>>989032
>He believes the published stopping distances

Okay but we're not driving 5 ton 1960's cars with cable operated drum brakes. A modern car with disk brakes (not even ABS, but most have ABS now anyway) can stop in under half those distances.

>meaning that by the time they see someone they have to brake for they are already nearly at the reason they need to brake in the first place

Nothing to do with the speed limit. A limit is a limit, not a target. You should never drive faster than you can see I.e. if you're going around a blind corner with less than 10ft of visibility, you should go no faster than allows you to stop within 10ft.

>Speeds limits should be massively lowered anyway.

Research suggests that removing speed limits & road signs actually lowers accident rates.
>>
>>989046
>A modern car with disk brakes (not even ABS, but most have ABS now anyway) can stop in under half those distances.
The real problem with the graph is that it underestimates reaction time. The braking distance is likely some shitty back of envelope combination of the distance in various conditions for fuck knows what car.

Also, ABS can increase stopping distance under certain conditions, and almost nobody knows that its real purpose is to prevent lockups so that the driver can continue steering during emergency braking.

Regardless, most crashes occur at lower speeds on residential roads, so the car's raw braking ability isn't the problem. Driver inattentiveness is nearly always the cause.

>A limit is a limit, not a target.
Everyone treats it as a minimum.

>Research suggests that removing speed limits & road signs actually lowers accident rates.
Only if you design the environment to calm traffic by using roundabouts, diverters, and so on. And even then there are fuckwits who see that as some kind of video game challenge.
>>
>>989039
ahh, the infamous murder by improper trousers wearing
>>
>>989046
>Research suggests that removing speed limits & road signs actually lowers accident rates.
Only on freeways m80. Not in built-up areas. There, reseach not only suggests but proves that speed limits should be lowered to lower accident rates and the accident fallout, and that this can be done without negatively impacting travel time. In fact, lowering the speed limit is one of the single most effective ways we have of combating traffic jams and queues.
>>
>>989052
Here in England we have a shit load of rural roads in quite a bad state (both in the quality of the tarmac and their liability to flooding and mudding up in the winter), yet people still treat them like a rally course.
>>
>>989051
It's a dangerous pastime tbqh
>>
>>989052
>Only on freeways m80. Not in built-up areas.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/controlled-chaos-european-cities-do-away-with-traffic-signs-a-448747.html
>>
>>989049
Nothing bothers me more than someone riding my fucking asshole when I'm going the speed limit. (Actually worse on the rare occasion I'm going over it)
I deliver pizzas and I GOTTA drive limit or I can lose my job, like there's a big fucking plastic sign on the top so all the nosey old people sitting on their porches know exactly who to call about my 'dangerous' driving, but nooooooo. Gotta ride up my asshole.
I put my hand our the window and point at the signs when this happens. Most of the time they beep at me and shit.
Like what the fuck, you can't force me to break the law.
>>
>>989195
Half the time I don't think people even know what the speed limit is for the road they are on.
>>
>>987971
>>987986

kangs and shiet
>>
>>989188
Which is not the same as no speed limit you raging burger. There's a base speed limit that always applies in built-up areas if no other speed limit is posted. I this country it's 50km/h.
Doing away with other types of signs may or may not be a good thing, but it has no bearing on speedlimits. The speed limit has not been lifted.
>>
>>989237
>There's a base speed limit that always applies in built-up areas if no other speed limit is posted.

Well of course there fucking is. Nobody is suggesting it's safe to drive a Varyon at 300km/h through past a school.

Jesus fuck why are cyclists so fucking autistic? How can you not grasp such simple concepts?
>>
>riding to work this morning
>left past 7am
>"fuck, this is angry faggot hour, I hope I don't get fucked with"
>two lane road, open left lane, I took the right lane
>angry fag in a mustang lays on the horn
>lol, this guy
>when it's clear that I'm not moving over, he rage passes.
>chuckle to myself

Kinda proud that I didn't acknowledge him or flip him off 2bh. Just ride and ignore the faggotry.
>>
>>989052
>Research suggests that removing speed limits
>removing speed limits
>speed limits
Jesus fuck, try to at least read the portion of GP that was quoted in the fucking post you replied to. You made a boo-boo.
>>
File: veryfuckyou.gif (119KB, 320x600px) Image search: [Google]
veryfuckyou.gif
119KB, 320x600px
>>989240
>>989242
Oh, forgot quote. This is for (You).
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.