[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant and vent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: bus_on_bus_double_trouble.jpg (600KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bus_on_bus_double_trouble.jpg
600KB, 1600x1200px
Fuck this.
The two buses in this picture are supposed to be fifteen (15) minutes apart. But somehow the first one (operated by Deutsche Bahn) manages to amass an insane amount of delay on its much shorter route, almost every time. In this case, it was almost 20 minutes late.
Somehow, the bus operated by the local transport authority (the second one in this picture) is never more than five minutes late, and mostly on time outside of rushhour. It travels about three kilometers through a densely populated urban area before sharing its route with the other bus.

General /n/ rant and vent thread I guess.
>>
>The Granite State Poll, conducted by the UNH Survey Center from January 27-February 6, 2011, showed overwhelming support for the Capital Corridor project generally, and strong support from all areas of the state and across all political parties and ideologies.[10] There is also strong support for the project among the business community in Nashua and Manchester, including the respective chambers of commerce and New Hampshire Businesses for Transportation and Infrastructure. Local elected officials of both parties have also expressed support for the project, including supportive resolutions by the town councils of Bedford and Merrimack, both largely Republican communities, and the Nashua Board of Aldermen.[11]

>Following the 2010 election, some members of the New Hampshire General Court (the state legislature) began efforts to repeal the NHRTA. The new Republican majority in the House passed HB 218, an act to repeal the NHRTA, by a vote of 190-119 in March 2011.

It's like they do it just to fuck with people
>>
>>976919
I've seen two, at times even three buses of the same line, one right behind the other
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>976929
Could you elaborate what the problem here is? Politicians not keeping their promises after the election?
>>976931
Are you sure they don't just send twice or thrice the number of buses for larger crowds? I've seen that happen around here, especially with school buses.
>>
>>976919
get a car you poor fuck and then you wont be late
>>
>>976947
I know you're just baiting, but to be honest, I ain't even that mad. There's a tram line not too far away which is much more reliable. It just means I have to walk six minutes instead of two or three from my house.
>>
>>976931
I've seen that countless times
better yet on multiple occasions I had to leave the bus because the watercooling started boiling and the bus was essentially foaming both outside and inside, once even the bus I was on caught on fire from the engine and it burned to shit on the bus stop where we left (I remember someone filmed it and it was on youtube but I can't find it right now)
>>
File: servei_parcial.jpg (154KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
servei_parcial.jpg
154KB, 720x1200px
>>976946
>Are you sure they don't just send twice or thrice the number of buses for larger crowds? I've seen that happen around here, especially with school buses.
Nah, I'm talking regular line buses. They'd NEVER send more buses even if there were large crowds, which there often are and the bus just fills up and fuck you very much.

Our public transit operation is extremely inflexible with these things, and the general public is so dumbed down they'd get confused by things like that. These days there are special partial services going to the beaches, and they have to put special signs on the bus making it clear that it's only a partial service which runs about half the line. Pic related.

>>976959
pretty brutal, somehow we don't get burned buses too often, even during the hot summer months. Where you at dog?
>>
File: plano-tranvia-barcelona.jpg (338KB, 1816x560px) Image search: [Google]
plano-tranvia-barcelona.jpg
338KB, 1816x560px
Can't leave a rant thread without my eternal pet peeve.

Why can't we have our trams joined up REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: diagonal.png (3MB, 1366x962px) Image search: [Google]
diagonal.png
3MB, 1366x962px
>>976986
>Have large avenue that crosses the whole city and with mediocre subway coverage
>build tram along either end covering about 2/3rds of the whole avenue
>leave out center part
>on one side the tram just stops short on a random spot with no subway or rail connections, only has subway connection like 4 stops earlier and subway goes in completely different direction
>b-but muh city center
>b-but you can't fit a tram in a 50m wide avenue with just 8 lanes
GODDAMN NIMBYS FUCK YOU WITH A RAKE

pic related: top, tram just ends. bottom: other side of the roundabout where tram ends. Clearly no space to fit a tram line, nope, none at all.
>>
"Bus bunching" is a real thing that actual mathematicians have studied (it's related to queuing theory and can be seen as an example chaos theory in action)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_bunching
>>
>>977004
Interesting, I didn't realize that was a thing. In the OP case though, I think it's more of a specific subcategory of Murphy's law, which could be formulated as follows:
>Anything that can be screwed up, will be screwed up by Deutsche Bahn.
>>
>>976985
south-west Poland
>>
>>976919
German busses are shit tier if it comes to being on time.

When I was commuting, I also took one subway train and one tram. The subway was always late, even though it rides underground. The tram was rarely late even though it rides with cars above ground. I could never explain this
>>
>>976989
>b-but muh cager lane crossing
>muh right of way
>must. have. uninterrupted. cager. free-zone.
This is what's happening. Nothing to do with nimbys.
>>
Come to Queensland. Sometimes you'll have nothing for 20 minutes when 10 buses should've appeared. Suddenly they appear all at once.
>>
>>976919
If you owned a CAR then you wouldn't even have to worry about what silly, smelly, inconvenient buses were doing.
>>
>>977014
Where did you ride the subway and tram?
>>977055
see: >>976952
>>
>>977038
>>cager lane crossing
wat

>>muh right of way
>muh lanes

>must. have. uninterrupted. cager. free-zone.
>having 2 lanes instead of three = uninterrupted cager free zone
dat strawman
>>
>>977088
Reading comprehension fail, the post.
>>
>>977089
wtf is a cager lane crossing
you mean a road crossing? what's wrong with those?
>>
>>976946
>Are you sure they don't just send twice or thrice the number of buses for larger crowds?
Pretty sure, because I've been waiting an hour for the one that's supposed to be going in the other direction but see three going the other way less than 5 minutes apart.
>>
File: Basil Fawlty.jpg (188KB, 1069x900px) Image search: [Google]
Basil Fawlty.jpg
188KB, 1069x900px
>>976989
>Barcelona
>>
>>978743
Worst part is that this whole country is populated by people with an intelect about at par with apes.
>>
>>978741
I see. That sucks, man
>>
>>976931
>two buses of the same line, one right behind the other
>get in the second one because it's basically empty
>it waits out the fact it came too early on the second-to-last stop of your commute
Mother fucker!
>>
>>977091
He's trying to say that the problem is nobody wants to disrupt cars
>>
>>976919
Are you actually complaining about this? Once I was waiting for the second to last bus that comes every 30 mins at the TERMINUS In the dead of winter and it never came, and the last one never came either. Had to walk 15 minutes to a taxi stand and fork over 30 bucks to get home. Complained to transit agency and they politely told me to fuck off
>>
>>980929
Which country?
>>
>>981016
Canada. Considering moving to London because I hate caging and public transport is viable + you can cycle year round
>>
>>977055
>>976947
triggered
>>
File: dubb_besk.jpg (113KB, 515x300px) Image search: [Google]
dubb_besk.jpg
113KB, 515x300px
>>981059
You can cycle all year round everywhere
>>
>>981080
While that is technically true black ice and snow make cycling in the winter many times more dangerous. Also the salt really fucks up your bike and I don't have a separate pleasure/commuter bike so I like to treat it well. And I'm not an abject poorfag so I can afford a bus pass when I need it. The barriers for cage ownership are ideological not monetary.
>>
>>981087
You know studded tyres are a thing, right?
>>
>>981087
Studded tires are black magic on black ice, you'll have a hard time crashing with it. The ultimate winter commuter would be an electric fatbike with studs.
>>
File: janitor-knife-wrench.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
janitor-knife-wrench.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>981080
Completely practical and safe
>>
"Hey anon, we're glad you and fellow cyclists want more bicycle lanes, so we sized them up and put them half on the road, and half on the concrete from the curb with a nice 1'' drop between the two~"
>>
>>980813
>>must. have. uninterrupted. cager. free-zone.
I understand this like he's criticizing the tram for taking space away from cagers to have a tram ROW. His gibberish doesn't make much sense, anyway.
>>
>>981931
Um, anon, these are not the same:
>cager free-zone
>cager-free zone
In fact, they're direct opposites. If the distinction is lost on you the schools failed.
>>
>>981091
>you'll have a hard time crashing with it.
I wouldn't go that far, but they do make winter commuting fairly low stress, as long as you're not trying to race they're pretty amazing

The scariest thing is still getting a flat when it's bitterly cold, did that once and almost died
>>
>>981934
THAT'S what it was all about?
>cager free-zone
jesus fuck who calls it that?
>>
>>981936
>im retarded so yall should use small words simplified grammar
Sorry kid, you're not that important. Get you tardwrangler to translate next time.
>>
>>981966
>>i'm retarded
>says the guy talking about a "cager free-zone"
my sides
>>
>>981966
Deary me, some grue ate my ampersand.
>>982038
Were you fresh out of your mother-comebacks? There's an age requirement on this forum you know.
>>
Just got fucked by some asshole kids when riding my bike.

>Riding along the road
>Coming up to intersection
>Car behind me is in the left lane, and I am in the right
>Begin to cross into intersection at the crosswalk, since I have the green
>Car in the left lane accelerates, and makes a right turn from the left lane
>Slam on my brakes, and flip over the bar and into the street
>Kids speed off, laughing

Everyone saw what they did, and stopped to help me. Luckily, a cop was behind them and saw it too, and went after them.

Knocked the wind out of me, and my ribs are sore, but thankfully it wasn't worse. Work is going to suck tomorrow though.

I'm just super tired of doing everything I can to follow the rules, and be safe, and scumbags in my area always have to play stupid games.
>>
File: 00000266.png (38KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
00000266.png
38KB, 650x500px
>>982066
It's not smart to cross at crosswalks, because you're going faster than a pedestrian would and drivers do not anticipate this. If there's a right turn i wouldn't cross at the edge of the right lane either, you want to be in the center of the lane or ideally pacing traffic in the left lane, otherwise you're implying that you'll turn.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brakturn.html

Also learn to brake correctly, favoring your front brake 90% of the time. Then you won't go OTB in an emergency.
>>
>>982066
When riding on the city you and yourself only are in charge of your security. Become used to your brakes, going OTB should never really happen.
Also this >>982104, don't cross at crosswalks, you're a vehicle
>>
>>982104
>>982111
Sorry for miscommunicating, I wasn't in the crosswalk, but was crossing the intersection in my lane, which runs next to the crosswalk.
>>
>>982139
>>982111
>>982104
Also should add that I was at the center of the lane and made it clear that I was not turning. The kids were originally in the left turn lane, and decided to cut across my lane and make a right turn after accelerating hard to do so.

I appreciate the link for better braking advice, I will try to do better to avoid going OTB again. I just get annoyed that I did everything I could to ride properly, with taking the lane, signaling, and all of that.

I'm just glad there was a cop there to see it, and pull the kids over. Also glad that PA laws make it illegal to impede a cyclist crossing an intersection by turning in front of them.
>>
>>982144
So did they get ticketed or something?
>>
>>982149
Yeah, they got a few tickets from what the cop told me. Failure to yield, improper turn, reckless driving.
>>
>>982152
Neat
>>
>have to crate a bike lane
>"lel, just paint 50cm of the pavement another colour"
>do road construction
>"lel just put arrows in both direction on that 50cm wide bike path"
>>
>>976989
It's Barcelona. Of course they've fucked it up. Don't you also have a metro extension that goes nowhere?
>>
File: L9.jpg (281KB, 751x476px) Image search: [Google]
L9.jpg
281KB, 751x476px
>>982272
Recently a part of line 9 opened, which is a fuckhueg line that's being built but we ran out of money halfway through. Pic related is said part, it runs from the outskirts of the city to the burbs and the airport, but it makes a lot of twists and turns for the sole reason that they wanted to buy some votes in a neighbouring town with it. One station that isn't open is right under an empty field.
>buy votes with subway
>fuck up infrastructure planning for ever
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also
>build subway line to the airport
>it's slow as balls and doesn't run to the city center
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also
>people unanimously think this subway line is really necessary
>while many people think building a tram line through the city center where all transports are full to the brim is not necessary
more REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's extremely frustrating when your city does invest in public transit, but it does so in the most idiotic way possible.
>>
>>982043
>can't write in an understandable way
>insults others
>butthurt af
let me guess you're a spaniard
>>
>be me going out riding
>Road bike. Gotta go fast etc
>joined by colleague
>upright, laden, touring with thick wheels and baskets built like a tank
>talks for the whole journey
>I comment he needs a bong in the front basket his bike is so “chilled”
>”not a lot of other people are into cycling like us, eh anon?”
>us? You fat and slow. Me fast and lean.
>get back from ride, real slow average, taken long time, need to go out again and cover same route alone to get this shit out of my head. rage ride

Seriously. all my what.
>>
File: shig.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>982576
>riding with other people
>your birth year + your age
My hope is that you don't really do this
>>
>>982576
I feel you man
I want to get my friends into cycling but literally all of them are in godawful shape and have trash bikes (if any)
They're always enthusiastic about going on rides together but I can't handle the ~10 mph averages. I always end up shooting off for a strava segment at some point in the ride
>>
>be from Hong Kong
>save up year's salary and book vacation in Germany with the family
>visit various historic castles
>in the evening get on train back to our hotel in Würzburg
>get wounded by refugee
REEEEEEEE
>>
Fuck
this thread turned into a bicycle thead
>>
>>982703
true story bro?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.