[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a frame, help me equip it!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1466760599972[1].jpg (101KB, 960x557px) Image search: [Google]
1466760599972[1].jpg
101KB, 960x557px
So, I found a frame near one of the charity clothes containers. It's from a Focus Black Raider LTD size M. I'm not sure about the year tho.

How to find out the size of the wheels only from the frame ?

I googled this bike model, and found 99% 26" wheels, but when I put the 'new' 26" back wheel, the brake mounting points are too low, almost on the level of the rim.

The parts I bought 2nd hand pretty cheap.
26" alu. back wheel, it was used with the original bike. With Shimano 14-34 Thread-on 7-speed Freewheel (I think).

Also, is the Shimano Tourney Megarange back derailleur any good ? The front one is Shimano Deore, the shifters are Shimano REVO, altho I don't like them very much. Might change them for the stock Shimano XT/LT at some point.

I bought some ZOOM front fork, but it's sadly only for 26" bikes. I might sell it, and some of the other unused parts, or barter them, or install what I can on my/my wife's 26" 90's rigid MTB.

The pedals fit on the cranks. The seat almost fits on the seat tube's clamp, but I'll leave that for last.

Also, any other recomendations for cheap new/used parts I'd want to look for.

I can assemble everything myself, just not sure about the compatiability between everything. The other thing I'm contemplating is going 1x10 or 1x7. I barely use the front derailleur.

Thanks,
G
>>
>>973316
Interested by this.
>>
>>973316
Looks to be a 2010 model but can't be completely certain, likely no newer than that though due to having V brake mounts.

Are you sure the wheel you have isn't actually 24"?
>>
>>973316
Tourney is Shimanos lowest of the low tier group.
>>
>>973316

there is no way that is 7 speed

don't switch forks until you figure out the axle-to-crown length on the original fork. get as close to original as possible

I don't understand you say you have a 26" fork that doesn't fit but you put a 26" rear wheel on it?

Best bet would be sell the XT crankset on ebay and call it a day
>>
>>975411
It could certainly be 7 speed, as I understand it he bought the wheel separately. Same goes for the fork, it's not original. That crankset is perfectly fine and not worth replacing.
>>
>>975432
>It could certainly be 7 speed, as I understand it he bought the wheel separately. Same goes for the fork, it's not original. That crankset is perfectly fine and not worth replacing.

oh re: 7 speed

XT = yes it's fine so sell it and scrap the frame

this project will cost more than a decent craigslist find
>>
>>975464
There's nothing particular bad about the frame that makes it not worth building up, it could certainly be done for cheaper than just buying a complete bike.
>>
>>973316
thoroughly clean your frame and inspect it for cracks. they may be as thin as a hair. aluminum mtb frames are prone to cracking and this may be why yours was abandoned.

please also search your local and national bike database with the serial number so you can make sure the frame is not reported stolen. it could come back to bite you in the long run.
>>
>>975432
>crankset is perfectly fine and not worth replacing
>>975411 probably meant "sell the crankset and ditch the frame". it doesn't look like an XT crankset to me though, more like some Deore on non-group
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.