[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bikes are for faggots. If you showed up at my job on a bike,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20160608_090557780.jpg (533KB, 2267x1276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_090557780.jpg
533KB, 2267x1276px
Bikes are for faggots. If you showed up at my job on a bike, you'd be laughed off the dock. But then agin, I have a big boy job, not a little bitch sit in a cubicle job.
>>
>I never finished school: the post
>>
>implying manual labour is better than a desk job
>>
I hope you get locked in a shipping container full of chinese dildos and shipped to eastern europe.
>>
>>970844
Ok.
>>
>>970844
>If you showed up at my job on a bike, everyone would know you got a DUI.

ftfy

>not a little bitch sit in a cubicle job.

Better than getting crushed by a 2 TEU container.

But for real, how long do you think longshoring will remain viable? Most modern ports have started to automate the shit-level jobs (hauling containers around the yard). Even the top jobs will get automated soon enough (crane driver?).

For your sake, I hope you're socking away most of your pay check. PMA won't pay out pensions and health benefits like they do now for much longer.
>>
I have a friend who worked for a year on the docks, he'd arrive on his bike every day. Everyone made fun of him for the first couple of days, then never again. Maybe they realized he was the only one among them who wasn't a fat fuck.
>>
>>970901
I think in jobs like that they say "real manly man", not "fat fuck"

Being fit is pretentious
>>
File: occupationalhazard.jpg (130KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
occupationalhazard.jpg
130KB, 960x960px
>>970898
>>If you showed up at my job on a bike, everyone would know you got a DUI.

lol this is true.

>But for real, how long do you think longshoring will remain viable?

I'm in my early 30's and expect to enjoy this job for at least 30 more years. Maybe by then they'll have robots that can lash cargo.
>>
What do you consider a big boy job? I'm an electrician and ride bikes.
>>
>>971016
Anything that involves a machine with few enough buttons that you don't have to sound out the words before pressing, so you can use your mouth to inhale a box of doughnuts every couple of hours
>>
>>970844
>low quality bait
>>>/b/ is more your speed, m8, /n/ has a minimum IQ requirement of 120, you're down in the double-digits
>>
>tfw dock workers in my country can't even afford bikes

Carfags are the office chair babbys
>>
>>970844

Why the fuck would I go to your hillbilly job? I'd get my white collar dirty.
>>
>>970844
Shut up and carry my bags for me, BOY, or I won't tip you.
>>
>>970844
Longshoremen are just guys that were too stupid to be real sailors, so they become glorified lumpers out at the docks.
>>
>>971016
You carry your tools on your bike?
>>
>>971028
Except longshoremen get paid way more than sailors.

>>971027
>or I won't tip you.
That's ok. The next guy will, and I'm getting $33 an hour anyway.
>>
>>971018
How come I earn so much more than you then?

Oh right cause youre a bitch with a bitch job.

lol stay inferior, pathetic bitch.
>>
>bragging about your hourly wage
All this says is, "my contribution to society is union dues"

$126k and I'm why your phone is so useful for shitposting
>>
>>970844
>guaranteed replies, the b8.
>>
>>971310
I totally believe every word of this post.
>>
ITT: OP Shares his massive love of seamen
>>
Oh hey it's this thread again
>>
>>971271
No, I get to work by bike. I have to use a company truck on the job of course.
>>
>>970844
I agree, bikes are for faggots. And cars are for flaming faggots.
Real men ride trains weighing hundreds of tons and with hundreds of hp. Or at least beastly buses.
Fucking fudge packing faggots on their bikes and inside their puny cars, I bet you have dildos built into your car/bike seats so you can get off while you fag it up in your fagmobile.
>>
>>971413

>not riding to work on your blimp

Pleb.
>>
>>971446
>not riding to work on your monstertrain F40PH

Jew.
>>
File: 1336654558330.jpg (213KB, 960x462px) Image search: [Google]
1336654558330.jpg
213KB, 960x462px
>2016
>not flying to different countries every week or every other day
I literally fly to work every week.
>>
its that dock guy that brags about being a tough dock guy every chance he gets when not sucking sailor cock
>>
>>970844
> implying I would want your pleb job

The trolleroaster sets off for another round.

Hey docko, post again after the next financial crisis when your job's been axed.
>>
>>971575
>not harnessing your slaves to drag you around on a slab of granite

Belgian.
>>
>>971598
It's that bike dork that rides his bike with no seat when he thinks no one's looking.
>>
>>971599
Yeah no one wants this job. I guess that's why 300,000 people applied the last time we hired.

http://djcoregon.com/news/2004/08/23/union-shipping-officials-conduct-job-lottery-at-laarea-ports/
>>
I've seen this guy post about his job a lot on /n/, it's always bragging about his job too, not being into it or proud of it and it always comes off in this very insecure in his masculinity type vibe. I think he's just a secretary or some shit at one of these places.
>>
>>971687
>a lot

Two threads ever is "a lot"? lol stay mad, dweeb.
>>
>>970844
Jesus, man, did a bicycle rape you when you were a child? Not even offering my condolences, based on this thread you totally deserved it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your feelings, please never do so again.
>>
>>970844
>Bikes are for faggots
Please refrain from being #rude
>>
>>971651
>not riding to work on a Blimptrain
cuck
>>
>>971273

$33/hr

Dude, that's not even close to entry level pay in my field.
>>
>>971755

>not riding to work on your sexual tyrannosaur

fag
>>
https://kaydubya.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/why-do-bp-not-like-to-ride-bicycles-like-as-grown-ups/
tl;dr op is black
>>
>>971871
...said the college kid.

Let me guess: you're gonna be making $300k starting as an engineer.
>>
>>971950

I'm already employed, graduated about 10 years ago and not an engineer. Still a stem field though.

Also used to be a plumber.
>>
>>971684

The only reason so many people applied is because so long as you aren't literally retarded it requires no qualifications.
>>
>>971960
No one cares

>>971966
That isn't true. Furthermore, there are plenty of entry level job that require no qualifications that don't draw 300k applicants. I guarantee 300k people didn't apply for your mcjob.
>>
>>972008
Not that guy , but the reason fast food jobs don't get 300k applicants is that you can actually get fired from one

Union jobs are impossible to get fired from and all you have you do is clock in on time for fifty years and scream "that's not in my job description" if you're not in the mood to get out of your chair

For an uneducated mouth breather, the union job is obviously a much better choice, the only drawback is if you're a convicted rapist or something like that

Source: was in a union before I finished school, saw the type of people who do it as a career
>>
>>970999
they dont need robots.
immigrunts are cheaper.
>>
>>972011
> all you have you do is clock in on time for fifty years and scream "that's not in my job description" if you're not in the mood to get out of your chair
But that's reasonable. You show up and do the job you were hired to do, you don't get fired.
>>
>>970844
extrusion engineer here, 6 mile uphill ride to work in the morning, 6 mile lazy roll home in the evening.
Cant drive a car for reasons.
been doing this for a couple of months now, previous was taxis and busses. after a week i quit smoking.
Ive never been this healthy before and im saving some serious cash, plus apart from the first and last half miles the journey is through some pleasant woods and countryside.
I started riding to save money now i do it for the joy of it, i saved the money i needed now im just saving for my retirement.
>>
>>972011
>Union jobs are impossible to get fired from
Wrong.

>Source: was in a union before I finished school
Sure you were.
>>
>>972282
Well yeah if you're openly breaking rules like a tard, you can get fired.

The point is that a union environment encourages shitheads with no ambition and no work ethic, so, short of looking up a rule in the rulebook and openly violating said rule while burning your union card, nothing will happen. And the rules are easy enough for neanderthals, because only neanderthals look for work that stifles initiative and punishes ambition.
>>
>>972318
>i got cast out because i constantly circumvented checks and balances, never anchored my maveric actions with shift managers and came up with revolutionary crackpot ideas and tried to force them on everyone with the pretense of ambition and initiative
>misunderstood genious, honest!
Yeah... I'm sure it's the world that's wrong and not just you.
>>
>>972320
I didn't get cast out. My boss's boss's boss offered to recommend me for a corporate position in another state. I went there to check it out, loved the metro area, realized it had far better opportunities outside of the company, and got a much better paying job. The benefits weren't as cushy but I ended up going back to school shortly after that.

Don't be so defensive about your neanderthal job, the world needs 87 IQs to do 87 IQ work, at least until the robots are ready
>>
>>971016
hi fellow sparky.. most companies let you take the truck home..
>>
File: 1440358878114.jpg (692KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
1440358878114.jpg
692KB, 1024x666px
Y'all, I have a confession. I used to come here about four or five years ago whenever I got my first decent bicycle. I learned some stuff and then left for the most part.

The confession is that I take advantage of you guys' autism to shitpost the event pages for my band's shows. I come to /n/ find a thread, and save a bunch of pictures to post to the fb event page. I have a train gore folder, tram station folder, cycling kits, airplanes, model trains-- just all kinds of shit. So my band is playing tomorrow, and I wanted to fuck around on the event page. I'm come here and the first page has a goldmine of bicycle infrastructure pics.

Stay golden /n/. "Ugly trains" was my favorite one so far, and I got a pic of a tram rail built on an old aquaduct in brazil that i like a lot.
>>
>>972365
Hey I uploaded that pic in 2015
>>
>>972365
But why?
>>
File: 1137-3063.jpg (487KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1137-3063.jpg
487KB, 1000x667px
I have a real big boy job unlike you who is a yard bitch. I've been in all 50 states, plus Canada and Mexico.

Bikes are cool.

fuck off
>>
File: 1438093468927.jpg (873KB, 2335x1751px) Image search: [Google]
1438093468927.jpg
873KB, 2335x1751px
>>972367
the ugly train i posted or the aqueduct i mentioned? i enjoy both, regardless. i didn't mean to sound quite so condescending, i know what it's like to be into your hobby- but you guys crack me up with these big-ass threads on shit like cargo ships or railroad crossings.

>>972370
because i'm just trying to entertain myself until i go back to not existing.
>>
>>972008
>guarantee 300k people didn't apply for your mcjob.

In ONE MONTH in america a few years back they rejected something like a million applicants.
>>
>>972376
So 1 in 300 people in the US applied for your shitty button pusher job. Is that what you're saying?

Are dock apes really this delusional or are we now at the point where random people on /n/ are impersonating the op for fun
>>
>>972383
They as in McDonald's. Fuck why didn't I put that in the post. Not op.
>>
>>971905
So she's saying black folks are lazy?
>>
>>972383
You lost track of who's replying to who here bud.
>>
File: Bianchi.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bianchi.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
I have to ask, what do you mean by bike. Because I have two vehicles I could use that word for.

One looks like this:
>>
File: Kawasaki.jpg (95KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kawasaki.jpg
95KB, 900x600px
>>972709
The other looks like this:
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.