[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>campagnolo Not even once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 16

File: giro.webm (2MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
giro.webm
2MB, 889x500px
>campagnolo
Not even once
>>
Did this happend today? It's fucking hilarious.
>>
What the fuck happened to that derailleur for it to be sucked into the spokes? Why didnt he change bikes if he bent the derailleur hanger or something?
>>
>>959585
That's beautiful, surely this is the result of a bad part, or worse mechanic?
>>
File: n.jpg (250KB, 888x470px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
250KB, 888x470px
>>
>>959598
On Sunday's TT.

>>959602
>>959603
Incompetent mechanic forgot to set low limit screw properly most likely.

Something went wrong when he tried to switch back to the big ring up front and it doesn't change gears. The mechanic comes to help trying to get him going without the need to change bikes because TT. Rear mech hits the spokes and gets BTFOd.
>>
>>959604
>(recumbent not pictured)
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>
>>959627
Apparently the chain slipped when he went to shift into the big ring, and when he went to repair it, he broke the rear derailer. The new Campy mechanical front derailer is a bit of a pain in the ass to set up, but even so, Astana must have some of the most incompetent mechanics on the planet if they fucked it up so that the chain could drop when going small to big.
>>
lolol that random bystander the throws it at -
"soo... is thees mine now nibali?'
>>
>>959640
I just set up a mechanical chorus during the weekend and it was pretty easy to do. And that was the first campy groupset I've worked with.
>>
>>959642
I'm guessing that guy is part of his team.
>>
>>959656
The guy pushing the bike is, the guy who catches the bike is just a spectator.
>>
>>959642
I think that last year, in the vuelta, something happened and the rider had to stop, and some dude picked the bike and acted like he was going to steal the bike, obviously it was a joke because the rider was in front of him.
>>
>>959585
loling at the guy with the purse

what a faggot
>>
>>959602
It wasn't. The chain was pulling it back and the hanger snapped. Propably a seized pulley bearing.
>>
It doesn't look like it caught the spokes, rather the chain was dragging. I would guess it wasn't a problem with the chain because it wouldn't keep catching, perhaps something up with the cage and/or pulley. Maybe the tension screw thing (B screw I think it's called) was misadjusted putting the upper pulley too close to the cassette, don't know if that could cause that sort of problem.

Funny to watch, but I feel a little bad for the guy losing out because of someone else's fuck up (if it was indeed caused by his mechanic).
>>
>>959741
>mocking about pros failing at something that I will never be able to do.
Wew
>>
>>959799
Shifting?
>>
>>959799
If you see that video and don't at least have a giggle on the inside, you're an insufferable cunt
>>
>>959799
He's laughing at 'god-tier' Campag expoding on a pros bike. Not just any pro, Italy's pride.

>still think it's all about armchair faggots
>>
>>959585
That fucking sucks.
Mechanic is probably looking for a new job right now.
>>
more like campagNOlo
>>
>>960242
Very clever anon.
>>
>>960242
More like campag-no-go
>>
>>960242
More like CampanYOLO
>>
>>960242
nice
>>960273 (you)
>>960274 (you)
please stop
>>
>>960277
More like Camp-gay-bono
>>
>>960242
>>960247
>>960273
>>960274
>>960277
>>960278
More like SRAM
>>
>>960280
More like SHAM
>>
Lol my girlfriend got campagnolo for literally no reason other than the brand.
>>
>>960281
Seriously.
>>
>>960414
>Corrupt af(think luxxotica eyewear)
Wait, what? Can you describe this in more details?

I know reddit hates luxottica because special snowflake syndrome, but other than the fact that all those popular brands are made in the same factory, I never got the hate boner everyone has for them

Then again I literally work around the corner from a special snowflake underground indie optician and wear frames you've never heard of, so maybe it's just a matter of not feeling the oppression that some might feel if all they have access to is luxottica products
>>
>>960422
What brand
>>
>>960428
You should have posted without your name, I would have actually answered
>>
>>959585
More webm's like this.
>>
>>960429
Probably because you saw my guide on glasses on /fa/ listing good obscure Japanese brands to buy celluloid frames from and you didn't want to be btfo'd with some wannabe shit
>>
>>960441
I've been to /fa/ for very briefly, long enough to figure out that it's all retards, teenagers, and poorfags pretending to be rich. I haven't figured out if you're all three, or just two, but regardless, you manage to make every single board you visit worse, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>960443
Says the guy with a safilo brand frame not knowing it's luxxoticas evil competitor
>>
>>960447
Fully in house design and production, run by the same family for over 100 years, no Italians.

You made an info graphic to try to impress Canadian teenagers. Could you be more pathetic?
>>
>>960450
Yeah yeah yeah you can claim anything since you're not knowledgeable enough to post the name

Persol is a luxxotica brand...
>>
>>960452
The name is right there inside the temple. It's not persol. It's a private family held company. You'll never know the name because you're a cancer on this board.
>>
>>960454
Moscot just got bought out too pleb
>>
>>960457
No matter what, you'll never know
>>
>>960414
>buying anything that isn't bike parts, cars meant to be driven, food, or clothes from Italy
There's your mistake senpai. Italians know their food, clothes, cars, and bikes well. And they can also make beautiful things out of all four of them. However they also know it when they make something good and put a proper price tag on it. If you want Italian quality you gotta pay up, but when you do you get something that's stunning and works perfectly for what it's designed for. But this only applies to the four mentioned categories, that is because Italians are passionate about those things.

No one forces you to buy an expensive Pinarello, Colnago or Cinelli yet you're complaining here how others buy them. That makes you sound like a butthurt poorfag that can't afford one. No one realistic expects to get top of the line race tires when they buy the cheapest shit the company produces, not even if their top of the line tire was the best you could buy. Also I don't get why everyone hates luxxotica, they make good quality frames, some of which I've used for years and are still like new. And I've never had to pay anywhere near full price on frames when buying glasses.

I'll agree that they can't make trains for shit but that doesn't fall under the listed four categories. And if you buy anything that doesn't belong to those four categories from Italy you've only got yourself to blame. Also if you buy cheap shit from Italy you've only got yourself to blame, even if it belongs to the four categories they know how to do. Their cheap shit isn't magically any better from any other cheap shit yet people somehow expect it to be better because it's Italian. Wake the fuck up to the real world. If others can't produce good quality products for that price it's highly unlikely that the Italians are going to sell something good for that price.
>>
>>960242
campagnever

t. a mechanic who had to order shifters from israel
>>
>>960515
Campy's supply chain is all kinds of fucked up. Sometimes I wish I could like Shimano or SRAM's shifting, but nope.
>>
File: BeastieBike1.jpg (162KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
BeastieBike1.jpg
162KB, 1000x665px
Out of the way you downtube shitters
>>
>>960514
>No one realistic expects to get top of the line race tires when they buy the cheapest shit the company produces, not even if their top of the line tire was the best you could buy.

In testing the corsa g+ is basically identical to the schwalbe one and conti gp4s2, and yet it costs 25+% more on wiggle.

I'd be interested to know if it rides better or something but from that perspective it's a hard sell.
>>
File: trispoke.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trispoke.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>960574
Graphene was never supposed to decrease rolling resistance. It's supposed to increase the grip of a low rolling resistance rubber, and decrease wear.

One of the ways people justify Contis is they're hard wearing and that makes up for higher cost. It may very well be the case with these as well.
>>
>>960589
what happened here? it looks as if the front wheel just stopped.
>>
>>960607
White strip was probably wet which gives it about 0% grip so that even the slightest tilt as in the video can cause the wheel to slip.
>>
>>960422

Not who you asked, but they abuse the monopoly they have on the market and drived the price of all eyewear through the fucking roof. They have margins upwards of 200%
>>
>>960617
I have difficulty believing that the profit margin for a company that has its fingers in every pie is the same across all segments and at all levels

I think you are pulling numbers out of your ass
>>
>>960618
Well of course im pulling numbers out of my ass, im not going to conduct market research for a quick clarification post, but the fact that they have a near monopoly on fashion and prescription eyewear, and the fact that they use said monopoly to assrape prices still stands.
>>
>>960620
>>960617
Except no one pays the list price on prescription eyewear. The fact that there are no serious competitors just proves that they don't assrape the prices on prescription eyewear. Yes there are some online shops but they're not much cheaper once you need higher quality/thinner glasses.

Sunglasses and fashion accessories are different and they can charge what they're charging because people buy those things for the brand, not because they need them.
>>
>>960620
No one is forced to buy luxottica products. But this isn't about choice, is it? It's about wanting a hand made in the first world, fashionable, good looking pair of glasses for a song and dance.

If you weren't so damm cheap you'd know there's a ton of choice at the mid to high level (about $375 and up for the empty frames, before lenses). There always has been. The people I see whining about luxottica aren't into that though. Deep down they aren't after Anne et Valentin or Gotti or whatever. Because that stuff costs as much as if not more than luxottica. They genuinely do want Oliver Peoples and Prada, just for $100 for the complete pair, prescription lenses included. And if they can't have that, it's a conspiracy.

Now post about how you're not a zenni astroturfer, just a satisfied customer.
>>
I just want to say I buy Zenni glasses because they're $7.
>>
>>960627
>>960631
I shoplift ironman glasses from target
>>
File: golden_kek.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
golden_kek.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>959634
God damnit yes
>>
File: Feels.jpg (71KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
Feels.jpg
71KB, 500x599px
>That soul crushing feeling when you feel your rear derailleur snap off into your spokes during a pro tour
>>
>>960613
>>960607
His non-Schwalbe non-professional bike tires couldn't handle the white privilege of the zebra crossing
>>
>>960514
>That makes you sound like a butthurt poorfag that can't afford one
Yes everyone can just stop reading here.

>Also I don't get why everyone hates luxxotica they make good quality frames
"wow this injection molded plastic is soh gud man,tots worth the extra few hundreds you could buy these for a few years ago

>Their cheap shit isn't magically any better from any other cheap shit yet people somehow expect it to be better because it's Italian.
I don't expect ANYthing from Italy at all,nothing good at least exept for di mamma mia pizza!and the occasional berlusconi being bretty cool.
>>
>>960589
In Murica most of the road lines across...Murica have a grit in the paint to create texture. In Europoor, most places do not do this and when the painted surfaces become wet, they are dangerously slippery.
>>
File: giro stage 19.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
giro stage 19.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
so the giro still has one more stage tomorrow. stage 21.
but everyone says nibali already won it.
can someone explain this to me? do they not count tomorrow stage i the general classification? why?
>>
>>961176
A slippage wouldn't cause the wheel to suddenly seize.
>>
>>961487
It's exactly what it would cause.
>>
>>961487
It would, if the slip causes the wheel to turn and become perpendicular to the road
>>
>>961482
it does count but there are two things

1. it's a flat stage, so the chances of making the time up are negligible.

2. it's tradition not to attack the race leader on the final stage of a GT, however I think once in the past, when there was close finish in the tour, a GC rider attacked on the final day, and also there have been final day TT's as well, so it's not absolute, but is almost certainly to be observed tomorrow.
>>
>>961490
>it's tradition not to attack the race leader on the final stage of a GT

lol, cyclist don't even race.
>>
>>961490
could you explain this tradition? new to seeing this raes, dont understand shiet ,thanks
>>
File: IMG_20160528_174857.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_174857.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>959585
The attention to detail of campy stuff is unparalleled though

For example the underside of something as small and as cheap as my skewers are etched with a warranty scan box

The shifters....no ambiguity like with shimano

I'd say campy shifters cuck shimano shifters any day of the week
>>
File: IMG_20160528_174842.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_174842.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>961596
I think people only hate campy because you can't find it on 3rd markdown clearance on wiggle for less than $300 like you can with shi-junk-o

You're basically paying Ferrari prices for Ferrari parts

With shimano it's like you're just tossing together a Camry which isn't bad...
>>
>>960242
>>960273
>>960274
>>960278
>>960280
>>960281
More like Cant-pay-o-no~!
>>
>>961592
In the past there have been time trials on the final day, which has been decisive in the past, see 1989 TDF for the ur-example.

Since then they've decided the last stage will be purely for the sprinters or a non-gc breakaway (as we saw in last year's giro), for the GC guys it's just a procession.

The stage is short and mostly taken easy, so if anyone in GC contention actually tried to get away there is no doubt the leading team and probably the rest of the peloton would merciless chase them down.
>>
File: 1337153144234s.jpg (6KB, 251x159px) Image search: [Google]
1337153144234s.jpg
6KB, 251x159px
Do half of you faggots even know how bikes fucking work? Campagnolo, SRAM, and Shimano all make nice components that work really well if they're set up properly.

>heh, campag-no-go
>at least it's better than shit-mano

threads like these just devolve into shit that's no better than a chevy vs ford argument that you'd see on some white trash car forum.
>>
>>961700
Road racing bike technology has stalled out (if the UCI allowed shit like KERS e-assist, it might get interesting) so we have to pretend that minute differences in geometry and running gear are incredibly important and have arguments about it. Otherwise there would be fuck all to talk about.
>>
>>961738
Yeah, it totally stalled out. Just forget about electronic shifting and wireless electronic shifting and disc brakes and hydraulic disc brakes and electronic shift/hydraulic brake levers...
>>
>>961742
Electronic shifting and wireless electronic shifting are well over 20 years old. Hydraulic disc brakes date back to at least the 70s.
>>
File: omg.jpg (11KB, 312x276px) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
11KB, 312x276px
>>
File: DSC_0505.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0505.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>961598
lel

>Campy didn't even know what a QR code was until they reverse engineered DA9000 cranks to make the Record group

>Shimano shifting is the industry standard
>not according to this Fred
>>
>>961596
>>961598
Kek,no wonder Shimano has taken the world by storm and will continue to be market leader far after you've crashed and died
>>
>>961598
>You're basically paying Ferrari prices for Ferrari parts
Ah, so that's why they keep breaking.
>>
>>960557
>the unfortunate scotland man
>>
>>961149
>your 15 minutes late
>booking it across town
>exhausted and delirious
>Stop at red, when moving off feel pedals stiffen, chain makes awful sound, rear wheel jams

Truly the worst feel
>>
>>961149
>yfw he wins the fucking thing anyway
>>
>>961775
9000 was announced when I was riding this thing through wine country.

And the point is they took the time to etch a fucking $99 skewer

A we code on shimano flagship power meter equipping $1000 crank proves nothing since shimano quick release are cast and painted
>>
>>961775
There is a huge difference between industry standard and a premium product.

Industry standards aren't something you aspire to own....it's the bare minimum that market forces will accept.

Shimano - the C student of bicycle components
>>
>>961753
Sure, but all of those things have changed greatly and are seeing more widespread use and use in different applications.
>>
>>961885
So, according to you, Shimano's highest end groups are the "C student of bicycle components"?
>>
>>961894
When compared to the premium brands...yes.

Keep in mind very very few people own dura ace.

They mostly own claris and tiagra with the "ballers" owning ultegra.

So the vast majority of cyclists even those dedicated to the sport are not running high end equipment
>>
>>961897
You sound delusional.
>>
>>961905
Ive owned and still own shimano groupsets so I guess my preference over my titanium campy bike over my aluminum shimano bike does make me delusional

Keep telling yourself that nobody needs anything more than an entry level road bike
>>
>>961984
>Keep telling yourself that nobody needs anything more than an entry level road bike
When did I say that? In fact, I was going to say that more people than you probably think own Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Answered my my question and said that compared to the "premium brands", Dura Ace is the "C student of bicycle components". How so? I've found is to be quite nice. And what are the "premium brands", and what makes them premium?
>>
>>961995
>what makes them premium?
They aim for the higher end market. Shimano and Microshift have the cheap stuff. SRAM and Campagnolo product lines start at the middle range market. There is no Campagnolo/SRAM equivalent to the non-group stemshifter/Tourney/Claris/Sora crap that Shimano sells, and Microshift tries to better.
(Though I'd bet Microshift would have a better reputation if they reimaged and charged two or three times more for the same product. At least on the western market.)
>>
>>962000
SRAM makes some pretty shitty stuff like X3. But anyway, just because Shimano covers more of the market doesn't mean that their highest end groups aren't as good as the other brands.
>>
>>961892
I don't think that they've changed all that much. Today's electronic shifting groupsets aren't a great deal different than Zap, although they use electric motors to shift, which I suppose increases reliability and speed at the cost of requiring more battery power. etap may have fixed some of the issues that Mektronic had, though. At least, it doesn't fuck up when you pass a radar gun or take anywhere from .5s to 2s to shift. But it has shit battery life and questionable reliability.

The big innovation in disc brakes over the last four decades is that weight has been brought way down. It's really cool, but we're still talking incremental improvements.

What I'd like to see is research into shit like ABS and traction control and even stability control, which is where having a KERS system would come in handy.

>>961995
#brand
>>
>>961995
See the problem is you classify ultegra as high end when I consider it to be a higher end entry to lower end mid level group

It's like everyone standing around talking about super cars

And you come in and you're all like yeah I totally know what you mean I have a Camry with a leather interior.

While camrys are fine cars for the rest of the market and they're cheap and reliable they're just not enthusiast class cars
>>
>>962064
>I consider
>the most shitposty shitposter on 4chan considers himself to have an opinion worth taking seriously
Do you possess any self awareness at all?
>>
Schwalbe
Every time
>>
>>962064
I only mentioned Ultegra because you stated that most people own Claris and Tiagra.

But seriously man, "higher end entry level"? How is one step below top-of-the-line "entry level"? Do you think Ultegra is on par with SRAM Force and/or Campagnolo Chorus?
>>
>>962099
Can you stop replying to him? He's an idiot that compares across different generations of parts. Actually, he's an idiot in general.
>>
>>962101
Yes. Just the fact that someone else thinks he's an idiot is satisfaction enough for me. Thank you, friend.
>>
>>962060
I see where you're coming from, but I still think that those areas mentioned have seen pretty sizable improvements. Disc brake mounting standards have changed, hoses are stiffer and better quality, heat shedding is better by leaps and bounds, the ease bleeding has much improved.

I guess to me, it's like saying that wheels haven't changed at all since 1920 because they're still just round and have spokes and a hub.
>>
>>961738
>>962060
>Strapping a massive flywheel to crabon toothpick bikes
Wow, great idea.

>What I'd like to see is research into shit like ABS and traction control and even stability control
Just ride Zwift if that's your end goal.
>>
>>961487
The contact of the tire to the road is a result of static friction m8. The tiny pore spaces of the road grip with the rubber making a static friction interface. If all the pore spaces are filled with water, which is a lubricant, the ability to maintain that friction is drastically reduced. It's quite obvious.

Also the wheel stopping its rotation isn't instantaneous- that's impossible. The change in angle of the wheel and the vector of the mass of the bike/rider change over time, with the loss of friction cause the wheel to stop turning from that moment.
>>
BTFO when nibali wins the giro hahaha
>>
>>961624
Losing a race due to bad components is something no one can afford.
>>
>>959585
maybe you idiots should keep your stupid toys off the road and have your shitty races on sidewalks from now on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kETtwqFMELk
>>
>>962453
Babbys first troll 1/10
>>
>>962453
kek youtube comments has it right;

he doth protest too much
>>
>>961885
"Industry standard" is the standard that all other competitors are compared to, you jackass. It's not the bare minimum... fucking lel.

>>961882
>A we code on shimano flagship power meter equipping $1000 crank proves nothing since shimano quick release are cast and painted
This makes absolutely no sense.

>9000 was announced when I was riding this thing through wine country.
Congratulations I guess.
>>
>>962088
Schwalbe Ones are fucking amazing value. I'll shill them for free.
>>
>>960589

That front wheel locked up as soon as he touched the white. I bet he was on the brake there you can see him covering it. Shit handling by roadie riders they should be forced to do some MTB racing. This is probably why riders like Sagan are doing so well, all they have to do is wait for the skellingtongs to crash out and profit.
>>
>>962667
attention to detail on shimano parts are only at the highest end on select high end components

campy parts even at the lowest spectrum of the cheapest possible fucking thing they make (FUCKING SKEWERS) have been carefully crafted to the point where the little lever on a cheap fucking skewer has more detail engraving than a shimano dura ace 9000 crank
>>
>>961442
LEAN MORE
>>
When I worked in a bike shop, all the staff/mechanics hated campy. For good reason really. Weak,unreliable and a bitch to fix. Just get shimano and save yourself alot of hassle
>>
>>964199
that's because shitty local bike stores want to sell garbage parts and make money on labor

it's harder to install a sexy looking campy setup on a high end bike then it is to do the bikemanforu style shit tier serfas tires and tubes for $100 each wheel
>>
>>964132
>only riders with MTB experience are good bike handlers

meanwhile Cancellara on 23 mm tubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXqQqAc2pA
>>
>>959585
usually nibbles just hangs onto the back of the astana team car
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPHnqI13vPk

I hate nibali cuz hes a dirtbag cheater but i love watching him descend

best descender in the peloton
>>
>>964430
>hes a dirtbag cheater
explain
Also, wtf, it's a monster
>>
>>964470
because he was DQ'd for hanging onto the back of his team car in last years Vuelta

(LOL)

He attacked Froome when he saw Froome had a mechanical in last years TdF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykTgUoNMN8

you can see Nibali do a double take when he notices Froome has something fucked up with his chain and attacks

plus he's on Astana so no doubt he's doping
He always sucks shit through he first 2/3rd of GTs and then all of a sudden he becomes super human

Fuck Nibbles.

He is the ballsiest descender though.
>>
>>964757
>you can see Nibali do a double take when he notices Froome has something fucked up with his chain and attacks
Why is that bad? Is he supposed to wait or something? Am I missing something here?
>>
>>964774
There's nothing illegal about it, but most riders consider it proper etiquette not to attack your rival if he's having a mechanical issue. I don't agree with it though, a race is a race.
>>
>>964782
>proper etiquette not to attack your rival if he's having a mechanical issue
That's the gayest thing I've ever heard
>>
>>964783
Then you must have not heard me pounding your dad's ass through the wall last night
>>
>>964786
My dad actually is gay, so while that's not entirely out of the question, he is also nearly 80 years old so, I guess, more power to him for bagging a little millennial twink like you.
>>
>>964788
That's the gayest thing I've ever heard
>>
>>964150
HOLY SHIT DUDE, CAMPAGNOLO SKEWERS ARE SOOOOO NICE. THEY LIKE EVEN STAMPED "CAMPAGNOLO" AND "OPEN" AND "CLOSE" ON THEM.
>>
>>964199
I'm not some Campy shill like sieg, but I never understood this weird wariness some people have about campy. They think it's like finicky and hard to work on for some reason. I've known guys who own campy but don't work on their own bikes say stuff like, "yeah I need to get my buddy to work on my bike soon. he has campy too and he knows how to work on it"

There's a right way and wrong ways to set up bike components, there are no secret mysteries to setting up any of the different manufacturers' components.
>>
>>964831
probably because the kind of people who buy campy don't actually know too much about bikes and just bought campy because "it's the best"
>>
I have a campy record bottom bracket on my steel bike ayy lmao
>>
>>964831
Because Sycros was worse than SIS, and rear derailer adjustment is different than Shimano.
>>
>>964782
It's basically the largest faux pas a cyclist can make in a race, especially in something like the TdF.

Riders who do that are seen as bags of shit.
>>
>>964842
>faux pas
It's not a faux pas. It's just rude and unsportsmanlike.

Some sportsman have a reputation for being underhanded and doing anything it takes to win. This isn't a faux pas, it's just their character. The drawback is you're seen as a bit of an asshole, which can be a good or a bad thing, and treated like an asshole.
>>
>>964831
Dunno. I've never had a problem with doing any work on my campy parts. Or shimano desu. I've noticed campy seems to be harder to initially adjust but holds the adjustments better over time. They both have their pros and cons though. I just happen to prefer campy because or their hood ergonomics.

I'll admit that the average campy rider I see buys it because it's Italian, and has carbon and heritage while their mechanical ability is limited to replacing a tube. But there's nothing wrong in that. Most of them are really happy with their bike and have the money to take it to the LBS for any work that needs to be done.

I'm partly convinced that some of the campy is hard to work with hate comes from people being jealous about not having campy parts and trying to rationalize not having campy by thinking it's unreliable because Italian.
>>
>>961984
Goddammit. Can't listen to that. If you are a sposored and extremely competetive racer; sure, obsess about the bike. Otherwise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4MIEkIBZs
>>
>>964844
>It's not a faux pas. It's just rude and unsportsmanlike.
What exactly do you think faux pas means?

noun, plural: a slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct; an embarrassing social blunder or indiscretion.
>>
>>968384
No, i can't listen to that for 35 minutes. The cadence of his voice is horrible and the recording quality is pretty bad.

Someone summarize it in text form, please?
>>
>>968384
>$2000 crankset
>$500 cassette
>$50 car tires
>if you put an untuned amd poorly fit expensive bike at its worst, it's worse than a properly tuned and fit cheap bike
wew
>>
>>968401
autistic man on welfare makes video in order to make himself feel better he can't afford weight weenie
>>
>>968389
A faux pas implies it's an accident.
>>
>>964430
>Sticking the knee out
Pleb. I'd put my money on Sagan any day.

>>964757
One of those things is not like the other. There is literally nothing wrong with taking advantage of a mechanical failure of a competitor (provided it is not caused by external forces).

>>964842
I'd say attacking during a feed zone or a piss break would be worse. The justification for withholding in those instances is stronger in any case.
>>
File: what core is this.png (140KB, 187x376px) Image search: [Google]
what core is this.png
140KB, 187x376px
>purse
>pink tee
>J-Lo's pants from 2002
>that inexplicable pocket location

explain this
>>
>>971831
>Explain a pink tee at the Giro
no u
>>
>>960242
>>960280

More like "Shit man, NO!"
>>
>>962000
>sram
>premium
Gave the ruse away there man, too blatant
>>
>>971831
its italy, its the thirdworld
>>
>>968519
No it doesn't you humongous chamois smear. It means you broke etiquette or code.
>>
>>972226
>false step
I think it does a bit, to be quite honest with you.
>>
So, if Campagnolo came out with a 1x gruppo, would you be excited?
>>
>>959799
It ain't the rider, it's the components we're having a go at.
>>
File: 5015965518_110c1055af.jpg (134KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
5015965518_110c1055af.jpg
134KB, 500x374px
>>975289
They've been making 1x1 components for a long time, anon.
>>
>>960405
You should marry this girl
>>
This thread...
>2016
>not using XT
>>
>>959585

>campagnolo
Not even once

you got that wrong, it's

>campagyolo
you only buy once
>>
>>978685
damn I'm allready late to the party !
>>
>>978687
Like two months late
>>
>>959657
I'd have thrown it back at him.
>>
>>960242
>>960273
>>960274
>>960278
>>960280
>>960281
hello ribbit
>>
>>961442
Good thing snow's soft.
>>
>>982297
>I've never fallen on packed snow.
Packed snow will give you just as bad of a road rash as tarmac. It's about as hard also.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.