[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biking clothes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 81tO3ztnwoL._SL1500_.jpg (167KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81tO3ztnwoL._SL1500_.jpg
167KB, 1500x1500px
I have to drive 16 km per day to school. Since i am saving bus money(very expensive here, 50€ a month) . But in Winter i usually cant drive because it is too cold and if i wear winter clothes i sweat very much. Can anyone recommend me good winter clothes? Maybe summer aswell, since morning is cold and midday hot as hell sometimes. Has anyone got experience with this, then share with me please.
>>
>winter
Sporthill 3SP
>summer
Aero Tech Designs SM010 shorts
Athletic t-shirt from target
>>
>>952344
>"biking" shorts
>ass pockets

what the actual fuck ? i mean do people even use those things ? and it's not like you can use them when you're on the bike anyway, it just add seams under your butt.
>>
>>952365
If you're not a hambeast, your ass doesn't touch the seat where the pockets are, broseph.

Even so, maybe I wanna pop my smart phone off my handlebars and pop it in my pocket while I go do something real quick.
These shorts are made for two people
1) Faggot who's too concerned about what other people think to wear spandex
2) People who ride more than a 'casual' distance, but still need to do shit occasionally, like commuters

If you're the second, the ass pockets will come in handy
>>
looks cool maybe i should get a bike and get the clothes
>>
>>952371
They should just have side pockets. Ass pockets are literally the most fucking retarded invention in human history. Not just on cycling shorts, but on shorts and pants of all types.
>>
>>952402
I use my ass pockets for everything but money.
>>
>>952402
See >>952371 again, since you obviously can't read.
Nothing is wrong with ass pockets unless you're a fucking fatass, or wear your pants low like a God damned criminal.
>>
>>952365
random reference pic, just had this at hand.
>>
>>952345
well, the biking shorts is nothing for me, you will look like a complete retard in a school.
>>
>>952371
>like commuters
This.
I am using all the pockets except one on my [spoiler]cargo[/spoiler] shorts.

>>952402
Ass pockets are better for riding since you don't have to carry shit up and down when pedalling.

>>952448
Why not carrying a pair of not retard-looking pants to put over them bib shorts or whatever?
>>
>>952371
yes it does, i'm what you would call a skeletor and the ass pockets are always on the way.

But if you want to wear your pants uo to your bellybutton then yeah i guess they will come in handy.
>>
interesting
>>
>>952448
When I was doing a long-distance commute to/from work, I brought cargo shorts with me and wore those over the top of my cycling shorts at work.
>>952590
>Why not carrying a pair of not retard-looking pants to put over them bib shorts or whatever?
Shorts are better than bibs if you're not a fatass. With bibs, enjoy having a fuck of a hassle every time you have to piss.
>>
>>952416
Except they're fucking retarded and pointless. Less convenient to access and more chance of stuff falling out since they tend to be shallower/smaller and you can't even see if something falls out.
>>952590
>Ass pockets are better for riding since you don't have to carry shit up and down when pedalling.
Hip pockets would be better, but jersey pockets, saddlebag, panniers, and backpack are superior to any shorts pockets for cycling.
>>
>>952600
First of all, no. You just don't sit on your ass pockets like that so they're inaccessible.
Second of all, the alternative of wearing your pants around your ankles like a ghetto punk is not up to your belly button.

>>952807
>Except they're fucking retarded and pointless.
Nope. My ass pockets come in handy every day.

>Less convenient to access
Then your hip pockets? Nah, brah.
Notice that people's wallets and phones, the things they take in and out the most, are in their back pockets. Go outside and look.

>and more chance of stuff falling out since they tend to be shallower/smaller
Then what, side pockets? Not in my experience, and if you can't feel shit falling out of your pants, stop eating so many pizza rolls. Those of use without a layer or five of insulation notices these things.
>>
>>952344
It depends on the weather, I wear bib tights with a merino base layer, a long sleeve jersey, and a soft shell jacket, with neoprene booties over the shoes, this is sufficient down to about 25 Fahrenheit under most conditions. With high winds, or below 25, I add a balaclava and chemical hand/foot warmers. Lobster mitts are used on the hands. Regular old clear safety goggles below freezing whether or not it's snowing/sleeting, and above freezing if there's no rain (cycling hat and no goggles if rain).

Between 30 and 40 I subtract the merino and neoprene booties, swap the lobster mitts for neoprene gloves, and no balaclava.

Above 40 I subtract the soft shell and add a synthetic base layer, unless it's raining in which case I add a wind breaker.

I think the people advocating pockets probably don't have a very long commute. 16km is borderline, I'd probably go without the pockets anyway, since I have panniers for my office clothes/groceries/etc. The problem I have with pockets on your pants is that anything too big to fit in your jersey/jacket back pocket is going to be awkward as fuck stuck to your legs. Just why.
>>
>>952905
>Notice that people's wallets and phones, the things they take in and out the most, are in their back pockets. Go outside and look.
That's because they are fucking morons.
>Then what, side pockets? Not in my experience, and if you can't feel shit falling out of your pants, stop eating so many pizza rolls. Those of use without a layer or five of insulation notices these things.
If it's something small and light in an ass pocket like a wallet then it may not be noticable. People that keep their wallets in their ass pockets are absolute fucking morons.
>>
>>952991
Bro, dunno how bad it is, maybe the fat's rolling over your eyes and making it hard to read, but you're fucking wrong.
Way to go ahead and not address any of my points, though, champ.
>>
>>953138
I did address your points retard and I'm not fat I'm 15%bf
>>
>>953139
No, dear, you simply said what I've said is untrue.
Just because you say something, does not make it so.
>>
looks ok would wear
>>
>>953138
not that guy, but nobody puts wallets and phones on the back pockets.
Any phone 5" or over cannot be sat on in that position and it's just downright dangerous
wallet on the back pocket is asking to be stolen, and it's uncomfortable.

Only stuff that goes in my back pockets is either small of soft. Secondary, for sure.
>>
Ok OP, here's what you need.

aero road bib $200
tech base layer $40
race fit jersey $150
neon green socks $20
arm warmers $35
KNEE warmers $40
gloves $35
neon pink overshoes $45

BOOM, done.

Or you can just wear literally what ever you want since you're only commuting 16km at around 12mph. For your cold in the morning and hot during the day problem I recommend arm and knee warmers.
>>
>>953239
>those prices
How do you make it through life?
>>
>>953299
Clearly by being an affluent professional with a graduate degree
>>
>>953302
None of that shit costs anywhere near what you're pretending it does, unless you're literally just walking into your local fred shop and paying for current-season Rapha.

Having current season Rapha doesn't make you faster, or more comfortable. It doesn't impress most people. All it impresses is your local fredshop owner's accountant, who is amazed that people actually think that buying a $200 jersey is somehow a good idea.
>>
>>953226
>not that guy, but nobody puts wallets and phones on the back pockets.
Now, that's downright ignorance. Of course people fucking do this.

>Any phone 5" or over cannot be sat on in that position and it's just downright dangerous
No, it's not. If you wear your pants properly and don't flop down like the fat landwhale you are, you'll be good. I always keep my phone back there and never have had an issue.

>wallet on the back pocket is asking to be stolen
I don't suggest you walk through Baltimore or some Euroshithole, head in the clouds, but every day things, like running to the store, this is a non issue.

>and it's uncomfortable.
Maybe if you stuff your wallet with ones like some dude on the way to the strip joint. Otherwise, lol, no sir.
>>
>>952344
dude just buy some first layers for top and bottom, wear shorts and a t shirt over those, you wont break a sweat anbd itll keep you warm
>>
>>953378
*base layer* sorry
pic related
>>
>>952910
this sounds like a great method, maybe too much brain power in it tough
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.