[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fbg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (553KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553KB, 1000x639px
Who /fold/ here?

I'm thinking about investing in a brompton, does anyone here have one that can offer any insight?

For non brompton owners: what do you ride?
>>
>>951209

I run a paratrooper. I do a lot of loaded touring, and my body weight alone is about 200. If I wanted something more compact I'd probably go with Bike Friday since they seem to be a much better deal for what you pay.
>>
>>951215
Don't bike Friday's fold a lot slower?
>>
>>951219

Kinda-sorta, but they've also got a significantly higher weight capacity than most folders. Bromptons (the ones I've seen at least) seemed pretty delicate by comparison.
>>
Folding bikes are for downtubes.
>>
File: 1462138777478.jpg (713KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
1462138777478.jpg
713KB, 1000x639px
>>951209
>>951228
fixed
>>
>>951209
What does /n/ think?

https://cnj.craigslist.org/bik/5553092078.html
>>
>>951209
>For non brompton owners: what do you ride?
A true BSO that weights 14-15kg, it has 20' wheels and can carry heavy stuff, I have carried 25-35kg on a daily basis and she didn't break.

It's a shit bike but it's very valuable for me because I use it for commuting and it saves me 50-60 euro each month, more If I need to carry something.
>>
>>951303

Might be ok if you're a collector, but I've seen newer (better) ones for less than the guy is asking.
>>
>>951249
that would almost be a good shoop except the cables go on the other side of the crank
>>
File: dahon-matrix-folding-bike-1.jpg (116KB, 767x525px) Image search: [Google]
dahon-matrix-folding-bike-1.jpg
116KB, 767x525px
Dahon once made a pretty interesting folder called the Matrix that looked exactly like a regular bike.
>>
>>951444

Don't they still make those? They might have been knockoffs but I saw a shop with a bunch of em recently
>>
>>951444
>>
>>951508
I don't think so, they're beginning to be increasingly hard to find and have been unlisted from their main folder directory on their website. A bunch of other people have started to call Dahon's other full size folders the Matrix, but all of those clearly look like folding bikes.
>>
but no downtube?
>>
i got back into bikes because of folders, i looked at the brompton and the price scared me away, bought a cheap dahon clone instead, 2 months later i ended up testing the brompton just out of curiosity, the difference in ride was astonishing and it folded so much better, ended up shelling out for it and selling the one i had, never looked back. i had it for 3 years and i still hadn't replaced anything other than tires and the odd aftermarket part just for the looks.
>>
>>951538
so much better than a fucking bromp holy shit
>>
>>951736
ya, Bridgestone only sold it for I think 2 years under two separate names, and then they disappeared. You'd think someone would revive that style. I'd buy that over any of those small-wheel options or the paratrooper style no question.
>>
question for the brompton owners
I had a lot of slav made folding bikes in the past and I used them with no brakes whatsoever because the breaking could be done by just applying pressure on the pedals in the direction opposite of the pedaling direction (not sure how's that 'techinque' called even in my first language).
Can a brompton do that as well? Or, since they come with gears now, you have to have breaks since spinning backwards does nothing?
>>
>>952156
remembered it
it's called a torpedo or contra break
do bromptons come with a contra break so I can strip the ones that use lines?
>>
>>953200

If they dont, coaster brake hubs shouldn't be hard to install.
>>
I have a Dahon Vybe. It weighs as much as my full size bike, but it's a decent cheap folder.

I need to properly true up the rear wheel of my main bike, so I've been riding my dahon to work all week.

I've gotten weird amounts of shit-talking and envy from the other commuters.
>>
Anybody have a Fuji origami?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.