[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Efficie/n/cy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

I threw out my floor pump. CO2 is cheap and effective. No sense in having excess equipment lying around.

In what ways have you improved your life?
>>
I threw out my CO2 canisters. Floor pump is cheaper and more effective. No sense in having disposable equipment lying around.
>>
>>905296
>Pressure
>Control

Just saying, m8.
>>
>>905296
Yes co2 is amazing, and gets harder pressure than I could ever do with a hand pump
>>
>>905296
Doesn't CO2 leak like a sieve? Minipumps are where it's at. I have this one, it's able to deliver up to 120psi/8.3 bar and for it's size is surprisingly effortless. I usually fill up at the gas station though.
>>
I got rid of any remaining schrader tubes I had laying around. Converting my mini-pump from presta to schrader is a pain in the ass, and switching my floor pump over is mildly annoying. Some continential tubes I got for my road bike had a beveled presta nut which fills the gap in rims drilled for schrader valves.
>>
>>905308
Pressure gauge

Just saying m8
>>
>>905309
Wuss
>>
>>905296
I sure do love the idea of paying 4 dollars a week to refill my tires and the idea of all those extra CO2 cartridges that I pretend I'm going to recycle but never do.
>>
>>905330
>can't afford $4 a week
You must be from one of those places where cycling is something only poor people do
>>
>>905318

Yeah, let's blow a whole CO2 cannister each time I have to make a 0.5bar adjustment to fit the road conditions.

Don't take me wrong, C02 cannisters are great. But you can't seriously say they totally replace foot pump. Unless you have no care for economical/environmental issues.
>>
>>905332
>paying each time to inflate tire
>pretty much paying for air
You must be one of those people who only drinks bottled water and pays extra for some bullshit brand.
>>
Co2 leaks through rubber very quickly. It isn't a replacement for a floor pump. It's for emergencies.
>>
>>905347
I earn $104,000 a year.
>>
>>905348
I never understood why don't they just put air in the canisters.
>>
>>905349
You'd still have even more money if you didn't waste it on a gas.
>>
>>905349
What's it like being middle-middle class?
>>
File: gotta_go_aero.jpg (55KB, 958x632px) Image search: [Google]
gotta_go_aero.jpg
55KB, 958x632px
>>905345
What I meant was to have a floor pump and then have an accurate pressure gauge to get an exact measurement. Floor pump gauges tend to not be completely accurate so having a digital pressure guage with a release would be a viable solution.
>>
>>905350
CO2 can be compressed into a liquid at relatively low pressures, compressed air needs a bigger, stronger tank at obscene pressures that then needs to be regulated down to a safe and usable level, and filling them is a bigger pain in the dick even in bulk.
Just look at those ridiculous 5000 PSI carbon-wrapped airtanks paintballers need when they don't want to settle for CO2.

tl;dr it's 'spensive and ultimately not worthwhile for a cheap, disposable flat fixer.
>>
>>905296
That manual pump-up is the only arm workout I ever get
>>
>>905349
>Barely 6-figures
>Brags about it like it's worth bragging about
>Blows his money on frivolous bullshit

Enjoy being lower-middle-class forever.
>>
>>905296

>Calling yourself a "man" and you don't own an air compressor.

You probably don't have a tool collection either.

what are you some kind of amish kek?
>>
>>905296
Not having dedicated support car with extra wheels and a mechanic following you on your ride. pleb
>>
>>905460
Damn straight, a Harbor Freight just opened up a couple of blocks away from me and the first thing I bought was an air compressor.
Fucking great, just blow shit everywhere or fill anything with the right fittings.
>>
>>905298
Did it ever occur to you that co2 pumps are meant to be used outside when you dont have access to a floor pump?
>>
>>905330
Co2 pumps are meant for quickly fixing a flat during a ride you fucking dumbass
>>
>>905528
>>905529
Good for you, you've managed to read single posts out of context.
Now scroll up a bit and read the OP.
>>
>>905349

What exactly do you do?
>>
>>905529
Do you even know what fucking thread you're in you potatoe?
>>
>>905350
Jesus, dude. Did you also not pass primary level chem...?
>>
>>905516
>Harbor Freight
>air compressor

Enjoy the hole in your garage wall & shredded hand when the .5 year lifespan expires on that thing like the rest of their shitty tools and it explodes while you're using it.
>>
>>905569
honestly anon their compressors are about the only thing worth buying.
>>
120lb manlet reporting in. Can pump my tires to 150psi with ease. Co2 is for emergencies only.
>>
>>905460
>>905516
>>905569
>>905574
Harbor freight or not, it doesn't really matter. You'll grow out of it. In two or three years, you'll already be on your fifth compressor, taking pictures for later posting on gascompressorenthusiasts.com as contractors pull up your backyard tiles, dig into your basement and carefully lower your new accumulator tank onto its concrete pedestal.
>>
File: 1374700718639.jpg (6KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1374700718639.jpg
6KB, 300x303px
>>905580
ohhhhh yes
>>
>>905296
How many times can you use one of these? If they run out too often you might as well get a Hummer.
>>
I have never used a carbon dioxide to fill my wheel, I just carry around a mini pump on my frame, a spare tube and a patch repair kit in my saddle bag. I haven't had a flat in six months btw
>>
>>905529
Not what OP implied you stupid shitbag.
>>
>>905349
How much do you have left after wasting it because you're fucking stupid?
>>
i love the idea of a frame pump, and patches but every time i test out a frame pump they struggle to inflate up to pressure, and take forever to use. CO2 is relatively cheap if you dont puncture alot and takes a fraction of the time a pump does
>>
>>905640
Once, know-nothing
>>
File: lugano7[1].jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
lugano7[1].jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>>905296
>vitoria rubino pro
>not the glorious Schwalbe Lugano
u dungoofd OP
>>
>>905808
Don't know if you're being serious or continue the trolling theme of the thread but Luganos are hot fucking garbage.
>>
>>905310
I have one of those, pretty good pump. But 120 psi, nope.
>>
>>905349
>decent wage excuses frivolous faggotry
nope.
>>
>>905296
>Pure CO2- Our CO2 is obtained from a naturally occurring volcanic source.

>All natural source
>Organic Co2

Lol, FF or atmospheric based CO2 not good enough for you?
>>
Y'all are posting in a troll thread
>>
File: img_1971[1].jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
img_1971[1].jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>>905828
More like hot hit
Enjoy dying when you take a corner in the damp with your rubinigger tyres
>>
>>906174
Well, they're already fucking you over by overcharging for cans stuffed with what amounts to gaseous garbage, so they might as well give you the courtesy of a feel-good green reacharound.
>>
Ill just start a co2 canister business
But my co2 will be sourced from cars driven by serial killers,and cars that have penta-kill REKT some pedestrians and cyclists.
>>
>>905969
I don't know for sure, but that's what was written on the package. It get's road tires hard enough for me.
>>
WHAT IF YOU PUT HELIUM IN YOUR TIRES SO YOU’LL BE WAY LIGHTER AND FASTER?
>>
>>907087

They will quickly deflate.
>>
>>905296
>successful troll is successful
>guaranteed replies
Nice bait OP
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.