[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys... this is an 89 motobecane i resprayed. Im wondering about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20151031_011455.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151031_011455.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Guys... this is an 89 motobecane i resprayed. Im wondering about shifters. Since i already upped the wheels to shimano r500s im not really stuck on keeping it original. It came with a set of 2x6 braze ons but friction so could work with the 2x8 im upping it to. Or i got a set of damn near perfect rsx stis i could smack on there.
>>
File: 20151031_011539.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151031_011539.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
Ignore the fork. Im getting it threaded and cut tomorrow.

I guess my real question is what would you do?
>>
Why use the RSX STIs of course
>>
there's no braze on mounts, i mean you can use a problem solvers band or something, but it's not gonna be that clean, so STIs.

If it had braze on mounts, Tiagra 8 speed indexed downtube are very cheap on crc, so that would be the alternative imo. Also shimergo if you want to drop some cash.

Get some decals too solid white/ black is boring as fuck.
>>
Also dude don't get it threaded and cut. Get a Cane Creek 40 1" threadless or 1" Ritchey WCS Logic off wiggle and then run a shimmed 1"1/8 stem. You'd be paying extra to downgrade it if you got it threaded. Threadless is the superior system, and you've already got modern styled wheels on it so it won't look out of place.
>>
>>893925
Theres a bracket on the downtube. Comes with a real pretty chrome plate that slots in. With fittings for shifters or cable mounts. I havent thought about decals yet. Honestly it was gonna get sticker bombed but a chinaman ran away with my 6 dollars. Still got the headtube badge though. Sadly its plastic. So im not sure if i can polish it up or not.
>>
>>893926
Its already threaded down to the black piece
>>
>>893927
what's the deal with the frame anyway? No lugs? Wouldn't that make it pretty crappy from that era? Then again, internal cabling? Derailer hanger, dropouts look fancyish, all good signs.

Just get decals off ebay. Probably lots of cheap ones. If you want to have it really nice you could splash out on some better ones from cyclomondo or velocals. Don't fucking sticker bomb it lol, but some correct or vaguely correct decals on it. Lots of options for a more pimp headbadge on ebay too if you don't like the current one.
>>
>>893929
There are no fancy lugs. But there are no visible wields either.
>>
>>893928
You could also run that many spacers and just get it cut. Not a terrible idea if you're really tall and will run lots of post.
>>
>89
>Motobecane
Pretty sure you got ripped off or are mistaken because Bikesdirect did not exist in 1989
>>
>>893933
Are you even trying to troll?

Im going for the STI's. Im sticking to a threaded fork. I dont see a reason to overcomplicate things. Its a cheap bike set up with leftover parts i have laying around.
>>
>>893925
>indexed downtube
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.