[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Road stats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: spec.jpg (391KB, 2048x1347px) Image search: [Google]
spec.jpg
391KB, 2048x1347px
Roadies, report in. Where do you ride. What sort of distance is your average ride. What average speed do you ride. What do you ride?

I'm riding between 40 and 50 miles on a sunday morning, tackling some decent hills (cat 4 according to strava) and riding at 15mph. pic related.
>>
>>893407
Depends on what I'm doing if it's a commute then it's like 4-5 miles with some hills 17-25 on flats 10-16 on hills but if I'm doing a long ride then it's more like 18mph (the trail near me is almost perfectly flat for like40 miles one way.

>drunk right now so take this with a grain of salt but I'm double checking and evrything looks right
>>
>>893432
Same guy, I ride a Schwinn continental with shamjno brakes and treko ergo brakes but the rest is stock
>>
Where = different places, prefer mountains. I have some nice HC climbs around my area which are fun.
Speed = Average for the whole ride is generally around 30-35 depending on how much of it is spent climbing.
What = Aluminum frame, but upgraded to ultegra, really light wheelset, etc.

Rides are generally around 100-120km and now that I have classes I can only realistically get out twice a week. During summer usually 3 or 4 times a week.
>>
>>893407
>2x on front wheel
So now it's a troll bike thread, isn't it?
>>
File: IMG_20151025_142617.jpg (2MB, 2305x2305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151025_142617.jpg
2MB, 2305x2305px
>>893407
>Where do you ride
Mountain roads around the coastline, or some steeper mountains as the season advances.
>What sort of distance is your average ride.
About 50km.
>What average speed do you ride.
Depends on the climbing I'm doing. 30km/h in the flats, 20-25km/h when there's hard climbs in the route.
>What do you ride?
Pic related, training wheels included.
>>
>>893467
I have no idea what this means.
>>
>>893469
I'm in love with your bike.
>>
File: IMG_20151024_170620.jpg (4MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151024_170620.jpg
4MB, 4208x2368px
>>893476
I was kidding, sorry. A lot of people find front wheels with a 2x spoke crossing "ugly", and prefer radial lacing. It doesn't make much of a difference.

>>893477
It's only got three rides, so I'm still playing around with bar height and saddle position. My carbon supplier found a factory that works with LOOK molds and uses decent carbon layouts, so I ordered the frame from them. It handles way better than I thought. 640€ in T700 carbon, 750€ in T800.

As soon as I get my carbon wheels back I'll be taking some decent pictures.
>>
>>893469
>>893482
That is such a beautiful bike.

>Schwalbe tyres
I'm assuming you're replacing these soon? I personally had bad experience with a pair. Got a puncture within a month of purchase. And I don't even ride for long distances nor do I ride that frequently.
>>
>>893485
Sorry my bad, it was supposed to be:
>Lugano
>>
>>893485
I'll still use them a little more as training tires. I haven't had a single puncture in about 1800km, I'l always running them at 7'5-8 bar. The grip is quite good given their price range, but the rolling resistance and weight are too much for anything other than training.
On my usual carbon wheels I use Michelin Pro4, 23mm wide on 23mm rims for maximum ultimate aero gains. Well, and because 700x23 was on sale.
>>
I live near the coast, so do a lot of riding up and down. It's nearly always windy. Try to go at least once a week to the nearly hills, about an hour's ride away. Nothing in the area above cat 2 though.

30-90 km per ride mostly, sometimes do more.
Average speed 25-30 km/h depending on conditions.

My main bike at the moment is an ultegra garbon avanti corsa SL. It's quite nice, but the headset has been fucky.

>>893469
>>893482
Stem assemblies like that just LOOK fundamentally wrong. I think canyon do it on their flat bar bikes too.

>>893485
>implying a single puncture judges the quality of an entire marque

It's their entry level shit-hoops, what were you expecting?

When I got the new bike with Kenda Kountach tyres earlier this year I got a puncture on the first fucking DAY riding them.

That would have been fine, if not for the 5 or 6 more over the next 2000 km.
>>
>>893488
I'm sorry, I was actually referring to the Luganos and not Schwalbe as a whole.

I did correct myself here: >>893486
>>
>>893490
Ah, my bad.

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews has a lot of good information about tyres if you're still (?) looking for something to replace them with.
>>
Summer time: 2-3 20 milers after work a week at 18-20 mph average on a flat path, sat and sun I rotate a flat 50, a 35 cx path, a 60-70 mountain climb with cat 2-4 hills according to strava and a hilly-ish 50. Averages vary depending on various factors.

Winter: if its nice I ride what I can when its nice enough, mountains are a no go as I don't like cold and ice, spend a lot more time in the gym... I will hit the cx bike sometimes in nasty mud and snow every now and then just to prove to myself I still can.
>>
>>893469
Sick bike, but that saddle is even more sick.
>>
>>893493
Also I ride a caad10, and a cheapo cx
>>
>>893494
I originally bought a couple of those to sell to weight weenies (194g), but once I tried one of them I found it quite comfortable. It's really well vented, has a dick-hole and is just bendy enough to dampen road vibrations.
>>
>>893482
That stem is hardcore
>>
>where
north florida

>what
gottagofast ultegra carbon

>how fast
17-20mph

>how much
15-20 miles/day during the week
20-25+ on sat and sunday

>>893482
9/10 bike
>>
we need a winter strava thread
>>
>>893754
It's nearly summer though...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.