[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF IS THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 680107-500x500.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
680107-500x500.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
WTF IS THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>1105136
an Axa defender frame lock with optional plug-in chain lock hole
>>
>>1105136
You know.. I'd think that if you really want a bike lock that really positively protects from theft, the right way to do it is to make the lock integral to the design of the frameset in such a way that if you destroy the lock, you destroy the frameset and thus the value of the entire bike. Couple that with wheelsets using bolt-on axles, using some sort of proprietary nuts that require a uniquely shaped tool, and that you can't just clamp onto with Vice-Grip pliers or anything like that, so that even if they cut through the chain/cable/whatever locking the wheelset to the frame, you won't be able to unbolt them and make off with them. Of course none of this would mitigate the ever-present threat of a frustrated thiefs' Crab Mentality act of destroying the bike because he can't take it.. and any bike designed this way would be bike-sharing-level, not anything high-performance. In the end the best way to prevent your bike from being stolen is still to not leave it anywhere out of line-of-sight, or even indoors anywhere someone can just walk off with it.
>>
>>1105165
>I lost both my primary and spare key(within one day,I,ve seen this too many times X_X)

Better destroy that bike :^)
>>
>>1105165
There are a couple of different takes on this concept, I don't think any of them have gained real popularity yet but they seem good

http://yerkabikes.com/eu/
https://www.blulocks.com/
>>
File: 1428958312474.gif (2MB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1428958312474.gif
2MB, 330x270px
A dutch lock?

Certainly wouldn't trust it to use this alone to leave my bike outside for the whole day but fuck the peace of mind it gives you when you need to go to a shop or other place for 10 minutes and not have to look around and fiddle with locking your bike to something solid. To steal it you'd actually have to pick it up and carry it or put in in a car. And you can easily catch up with any nigger carrying your bike in his hand.
Totally worth to put up with a few hundred grams more permenently attached to your frame if you commute.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.