[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turbo Trainers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: MIP_041973-e1421080466262.jpg (55KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
MIP_041973-e1421080466262.jpg
55KB, 1000x667px
What are your thoughts/recommendations with turbo trainers?

It's going to start snowing soon.
>>
Rollers or bust
>>
>>1104666
Why not just go for an actual ride?
>>
>>1104666
Use one if you must, but it's always better to ride outside, even if you have to bundle up to do it. For many people riding indoors on a trainer is highly demotivating over the long run. Also you may not get the same quality of workout using one. Also by not riding outside you don't improve your bike-handling skills; all you're doing is turning pedals. Get one if you must but ride outside whenever possible.
>>
>>1104680
>>1104700
Because some people have real winter that makes it impossible to get the rpm's for a proper training session. Fucking morons.
>>
>>1104712
Can't you just move?
>>
File: fredtraining.jpg (28KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
fredtraining.jpg
28KB, 225x300px
I bought a wahoo kick last winter, I got it for 20% off and it was still like 1000 freedom bucks. I'd recommend pairing it with something like trainerroad that synchs up and it makes training stupid easy. Get a fan, set up a laptop and just put in the time and you'll see the benefit when spring comes around.

>>1104700
Don't listen to this retard, trainerroad has plenty of pedaling drills that are built into work outs if you want. Training is as boring or interesting as you want to make it.
>>
>>1104666
I just do a spin classes at the gym, the bikes they have more or less match my personal bike, and since its all on video I can punch up whatever class I want to even at say 2am and do intervals for an hour or whatever if I wanted.
>>
>>1104715
Buying a turbo trainer is cheaper than packing up your entire life and moving so that you don't have to ride in the snow. Fuckign morons.
>>
>>1104680
>>1104700
I love it when people who at best get few snow days a year try to educate others about winter riding.
>>
>>1104747
Everything I own I can fit in my van. If you have more than what you can take with you, you have too much.
>>
>>1104768
I live in Zama City, Alberta, we get our fair share of snow.
>>
>>1104775

I wish I could be like you bretheren. I have so much clutter.
>>
>>1104666

>training

Gtfo my board fred
>>
>>1104735
The weird thing is that a good spinner bike is much cheaper than a good trainer.
>>
>>1104784
Ya, it's not easy but once you get rid of a bunch of stuff it feels really good.
>>
>>1104777
>Zama City
Had to look it up, thats pretty neat. What is life even like up there? Could you post a thread on /int/?
>>
You want a smart trainer, that'll work with something like Zwift. Anything else is going to be a lot more boring.
Doesn't really matter what type so long as you have the ability to hook it up to some kind of thing for stats.
road.cc has some indoor trainer guides you could look at: http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/217308-15-best-turbo-trainers-and-rollers-%E2%80%94-smart-and-traditional-home-trainers

The Tacz flux looks good. The smart ones are expensive, but the appeal of direct drive, power monitoring, and the ability to virtually cycle on famous mountain climbs (with the trainer adjusting the resistance to match the gradient) makes training a lot easier to grind through
>>
>>1104910
Also to me there's something appealing about having a virtual chris froome or someone zoom past your weak ass
>>
>>1104901
It's kind of like more permanent camping. It would be a lot nicer if the first nations didn't steal everything in site. They'll steal anything they can get their hands on snowmobiles, quads, bikes, whatever. Other than that it's nice to just have a place away from everything. it's quiet and calm. It's kind of like my home base. I'm usually traveling in my van with my bike and laptop like I am now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.