[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i go tubeless?? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
Should i go tubeless?? I
>>
>>1103289
I ride downhill BTW. So far ive had 3 pinches in 6 months
>>
>ride downhill
there's your problem. Your life may be improved by riding your bike for the purpose of transportation instead of to break bike and human parts.

I found tubeless to be a huge pain. But I don't like bike maintenance and I like when the bike pays me instead of having to buy things for it all the time
>>
>>1103293

Huge pain? You must have had something wrong in your setup.
>>
>>1103293
>there's your problem. Your life may be improved by riding your bike for the purpose of transportation instead of to break bike and human parts.

Fuck off, nerd. Not everyone are boring ass niggers like you who just want everything to be utilitarian in their life.
>>
>>1103296

Niggers aren't boring!

All the stabbing and the shooting, and the robbing... niggers are exciting!
>>
>>1103295
I see posts on forums about tubeless issues every fucking day, maybe you could do a guide so that we can do it right?

Ps. Still riding the tubes that came with the bikes (1 patch on the road bike). Never had a pinch flat in my entire life. I understand there are comfort and weight advantages, but not too keen on fixing what isn't broken.
>>
>>1103293
What a fuckin pussy
>>
People that are mechanically challenged should not go tubeless. Tubes are surprisingly heavy, its totally worth it
>>
>ride with tubes
>get a flat
>be able to fix it in the middle of fucking nowhere with a patch set that fits in your wallet and it takes 15 minute tops including the time for the glue to dry.
>you can carry on riding like nothing ever happened

>ride without tubes
>get a flat
>you're fucked
>even if you have proper tools you still have to replace the fucking tyre once you get home.

Is tubeless meme and inherently fred specific thing? Like muh rolling resistance vs. sane puncture-proofing?
>>
>>1103360
Tubeless is for racing, when it's faster to change a wheel than anything else. It's better to use tubes if you train alone or whatever.
>>
>>1103293
>Your life may be improved by riding your bike for the purpose of transportation instead of to break bike and human parts.

the virgin complain >>>1094510
>>
>>1103360
If you get a flat with tubeless you can just put a tube in... ??
All I have to do is carry a tube with me and it's as quick as the guys that don't carry patch kits but just ride with 1/2 tubes. That patch might fit in your wallet but where are you keeping your mini/micro pump or your CO2?
>>
File: dhfreeride.png (768KB, 552x788px)
dhfreeride.png
768KB, 552x788px
>>1103289
>>1103290
post setup used
>tubes brand/size
>tires brand/size

also if they are not made for downhill by saying somewhere on them "downhill/freeride" you are doing it wrong
>>
File: 1444252049731.png (211KB, 330x307px)
1444252049731.png
211KB, 330x307px
>>1103385
>hat patch might fit in your wallet but where are you keeping your mini/micro pump or your CO2?
On the frame, mounted permanently like every sane person who commutes on a bike.
>>
File: fpalm.gif (2MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
fpalm.gif
2MB, 512x384px
>>1103385
>If you get a flat with tubeless you can just put a tube in... ??

>All I have to do is carry a tube with me and it's as quick as the guys that don't carry patch kits but just ride with 1/2 tubes.

>That patch might fit in your wallet but where are you keeping your mini/micro pump or your CO2?

memeing this hard, that makes you forget that you will also need a mini/micro pump or CO2 if you gonna put a tube in a tubeless rim/tire
>>
>>1103390
uh like this guy knows what's up >>1103388

I ain't even memein, just like idk dude, I don't know why you'd even mention that a patch fits in your wallet, where's the glue at then huh?!?

I actually have a mini-pump that stores the patches and the glue in the handle, you just pop off the bottom and it's all there with a presta-to-schrader valve adapter.

And to answer your next question, Yes I do have autism!
>>
>>1103394
>I don't know why you'd even mention that a patch fits in your wallet, where's the glue at then huh?!?
A tiny tub of vulcanizing glue fits just fine.
And while my wallet is not the place i keep it usually (I just mentioned it because two patches, a tub of glue and a piece of sandpaper could easily fit in your wallet) I do carry the presta valve > schrader adapter in my wallet at all times just fine, together with the coins.
>>
>>1103360
You carry a tube just in case, but everyone I've ever heard of puts Stans or similar sealant in their tubeless setup, so most punctures will self-seal and at worst you'd need to add some air pressure. If it's so bad the sealant won't handle it then you've probably ruined the tire anyway and will need not only a tube but a boot to get home.
>>
>>1103289
this country is going down the tubes
>>
>>1103293
>>1103296
>>1103325
>>1103381
I was once in high school too. I got a bottlerocket and did jumps and broke parts and had to buy new parts. It was fun in some ways, not conducive to freedom and happiness though.

When happiness depends less on being validated by peers, the bike changes to suit

The time will come for most of you. Old guys, or even old women doing downhill are a rare breed

bicycle is an extension of us, isn't it?
>>
>>1103296
Take your wheeled sleigh to /asp/ then.
>>
I've asked myself this a bit lately. I don't get a lot of flats on my mountain bike and I'll admit my tyre pressure is probably too high, I've got no basis of comparison.

I don't know what I'm missing out on but given I'm not racing does it even matter?
>>
File: sealant.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px)
sealant.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
I almost never get a puncture, had the occasional pinch flat. Recently went tubeless, no flats or burps so far but the sealant dries up pretty fast in warm weather (1-2 mos). I usually just ride the tubeless w/o refilling the sealant and carry a tube. IMHO using a bleed syringe is easier than removing the bead to add sealant. The weight savings is negligable.
>>
>>1103289
Why would you put milk on your tyres?
>>
>>1103360
You mean
>ride without tubes
>don't get a flat

You do not get flats when running tubeless unless something extreme happens to it. The amount of damage you need to do to get a flat with tubeless is enough that'd completely destroy an inner tube and most likely tire as well. Forget patch set, you can't patch a fucking 2 inch slash.

However, when you do get catastrophic tire damage, it's a lot messier since that latex stuff gets thrown everywhere.
>>
>>1103360
>puncture-proofing
LOL there's no such thing as 'puncture proof' tires or tubes. A goathead thorn, a pointy piece of broken glass, a piece of metal, a sharp rock FFS, all of these will slice right through so-called 'puncture proof' tires and tubes like a hot knife through butter. Stop wasting your money on them. You have to scan the road ahead of you ALL THE TIME looking for hazards that will puncture your tires and AVOID them. Sometimes you'll miss something and get a puncture anyway, that's just the way it goes, deal with it and move on.
>>
thorn resistant tube + slime = haven't had puncture for 4years (used three pairs of tyres per season though, worn tread)

26"x3" + 350ml slime = good
>>
>>1103560
Calcium. Good bones on a tyre is important.
>>
>>1103577
Obviously it's impossible to design a puncture proof tire, if someone takes an angle grinder to your wheel a little extra layer of protection under the tread isn't going to make any difference.... However tires designed to be puncture resistant are just that, resistant to punctures, hence they are less likely to be punctured by something that might puncture a "normal" tire... If you typically cycle around razor blade recycling plants they won't make any difference but in normal circumstances they reduce the frequency of punctures and hence the amount of time you spend pissing around with tire levers and a tiny little hand pump on the side of the road.

I used to live next to a university so the roads were always strewn with glass from broken bottles thrown by drunk retards, I had no problems with schwalbe marathon plus.
>>
>>1103599
Then how come I and dozens of other riders I know don't use 'puncture proof' anything and rarely have punctures? I think you're being dumb about this.
>>
>>1103603
>Then how come I and dozens of other riders I know don't use 'puncture proof' anything and rarely have punctures?
You and dozens of other riders You know obviously avoid riding in places where you're most likely to get a puncture.
You and dozens of other riders You know could weigh less than the anon you replied to.

Duh, use your brain next time before asking dumb fucking questions
>>
>>1103577
oi bruv I rolled with marathon plus tires in Albuquerque for a solid year and got no flats.
Sometimes I'd get home and pick off the goatheads off the tires and that was it. No shit I scanned the road but these fucking things are a plague there and people are encouraged to rip them the fuck out of the ground. Curse the fucker that introduced them to NM.
Shit nigger I can get a twinpack for less than 60 bucks shipped how is that "wasting" money if they were that cheap and get the job done?

fuck your life
>>
>>1103605
Literally seething
>>
>>1103613
Obviously you don't ride enough miles every week to really get any flats, then, because your tires are garbage and won't protect you from anything. Come back when you're riding 200+ miles per week then maybe we'll take you seriously, LOL.
>>
Schwable

BIG APPLE
I
G
A
P
P
L
E
>>
>>1103293
hahahaha jesus christ the roadies on this board
>i never have fun other people shouldnt be allowed to have fun either
>>
>>1103360
>he hasnt heard of tubeless patch kits
>>
>>1103289
I have some badass minions on my bike so I never really worry about punctures and run tubeless. If I had a road bike I would only run tubes though, I think. It depends a lot on your confidence in your tires.
>>
File: tannus_solid_bicycle_tires_1.jpg (260KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tannus_solid_bicycle_tires_1.jpg
260KB, 960x640px
>>1103577
>LOL there's no such thing as 'puncture proof' tires or tubes.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.