[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he removes the reflectors on his bike It's like you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 5fhgf.jpg (43KB, 604x558px) Image search: [Google]
5fhgf.jpg
43KB, 604x558px
>he removes the reflectors on his bike

It's like you don't care about safetey
>>
But spoke reflectors throw the wheels out of balance.
>>
>remove shitty plastic pieces that do nothing and ruin aesthetics
>add on a quality light if you ride in anything other than the daylight

Reflectors and dork discs come off ASAP on a new or new to me bike.
>>
>>1102942
Why? dork disc is there for a good reason.
>>
>>1102943
because im not a drooling retard?
there's no reason a dork disc needs to be there, as long as your derailleur isnt completly fucked, your chains never going into your wheel like that. its really just there because companies dont wanna get sued because some retard fucked up.
>>
>>1102943
A dork disc is to protect you from derailleur limit adjustments performed by idiots, and bent derailleur hangers. If you adjust your derailleur and inspect your bike after a derailleur strike you don't need one. They can also rattle adding to annoying bike noises.
>>
I'm a fan of reflective sidewalls on tires. Many tires now have some reflective element on the sidewall often incorporated into the logo.

Chain suck can also cause the RD to go into the spokes. If your chain locks up just stop pedaling, definitely don't mash the pedals to power through it which absolutely will not help.
>>
File: 1498048612906.png (179KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1498048612906.png
179KB, 641x530px
>>1102941
proof?
>>
>>1102950
>put bike in stand
>slowly rotate wheel
>observe that wheel speed changes as reflector goes up and down
>>
>>1102955
I did... saw no problem. Maybe your reflectors were loose
>>
>>1102955
>put reflector on opposite side of valve stem
>perfectly balanced wheel
>>
>>1102967
Usually rims have the splice on the opposite side to the valve. It is balanced pretty well without any additional weights.
>>
I remove those plastics one on the pedals and wheels because they look like shit but i always use a strong as fuck led light that is stronger than a motorcycle rear light
>>
I remove reflectors. I don't care about safety, half the point jumping my bike younger was because I wanted to die.
>>
File: 091acc8847abb1a7dafa6bb2470b.jpg (70KB, 700x559px) Image search: [Google]
091acc8847abb1a7dafa6bb2470b.jpg
70KB, 700x559px
I'm obliged by the law to keep one red coloured reflector in the rear besides an "active" red light if I'm riding on the road.
Luckily this gaudy chink piece of shit has both at the same time.
>>
File: laughingroastie.jpg (130KB, 634x968px) Image search: [Google]
laughingroastie.jpg
130KB, 634x968px
I never knew we had so many filthy casuals on /n/

If you don't have at least $400 worth of lighting-related hardware in your build, you should stay home between the hours of 12:01 PM and 11:59 AM
>>
>>1102976
>This big faggot rides with pinned rims instead of welded rims
>>
>>1103010
>$400 of lighting hardware
Why do you dumb faggots continually overspend on gear and prop up the greedy capitalist class with your stupid overspending!?!!??!

I bought a bright AF LED headlight and carry three battery packs for it, with two wall chargers for the system and bought two multi-function clip on red blinkies to use, and spent less than a hundred bucks on the whole shebang.
>>
>>1103150
Retards gonna be retards, you can buy the same shit for like 3 dollars directly from China, yet they go to some gay fancy shop and pay 20 times more because there is a logo on the thing. No wonder San Francisco has the most expensive bike shit, retardness and homosexuality go hand and hand.
>>
>>1103153
Actually faggots are what I call fascists. Using the term for gays mans makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>1103150
t. cager who rides on weekends
>>1103153
lol, no
>>
>>1103156
Lumens are lumens, retard, all you expensive shit is made in china on the same factories that made the cheap shit
>>
>>1103159
If most lumens are in a narrow spot all it does is fuck your night vision while leaving everywhere else in relative darkness. Shitty lights have shitty optics.
>>
>>1103160
You can buy 100 shitty lights and make yourself more visible that the Eifel Tower and you would still spend less that on some gay brand shit. You are trying to change the whole subject now because you got rekt.
>>
>tfw schmidt & edelux
>tour in summer and ride through the night when it's cool
>>
>there's a flamewar on a burmese puppet-making board about bike lights
>>
>>1103162
the only one who is getting "rekt" is you, when your $10 "brightest lights on amazon" fail during a rainst... oh. lol, I forgot, you don't ride at night, or in the rain :)
>>
>>1103196
i have taken these chinese shits through rainstorms, where is your god now?
>>
Sometimes I hope I get hit by a car and just die.
>>
>>1103199
that would be extremely painful
>>
>>1103205
Cars don't feel pain.
>>
>>1103205
Hopefully my skull smashes onto the pavement and instantly kills me, at-least I'll die doing something I like.
>>
File: 1503351735735.jpg (8KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
1503351735735.jpg
8KB, 240x210px
>>1103150
>he spent <100 USD on lighting
>accuses other of overspending
lol my "gear" was around 12 bucks total plus shipping and batteries for it
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.