[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how do you break in this type of bicycle ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: HTB15o1sHFXXXXXcXFXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg (50KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
HTB15o1sHFXXXXXcXFXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg
50KB, 600x402px
So, how do you break in this type of bicycle ?
>>
You take it to the tip
>>
You run into a mum
>>
First turn the saddle back to being level since that shit is retarded.
>>
>>1100727
>level saddle meme
Why can't people ride however they want?
>>
The other day I came across a guy riding on a single speed (freewheel) bike with no brakes. He slowed down by putting his foot on the rear wheel. He was doing solid ~30km/h on a somewhat busy road.
I just hope he doesn't take anyone with him when he inevitably crashes
>>
>>1100734
Because there are correct and incorrect ways of doing things.
>>
>>1100746
You don't have any authority and you never will. Your opinions are irrelevant to literally everybody.
>>
>>1100712
just pedal the other way bruh

or just press your foot on the wheel

OR, and this is the top tier one - go sideways style
>>
File: 1502904503953.jpg (146KB, 742x597px) Image search: [Google]
1502904503953.jpg
146KB, 742x597px
>>1100712
>>
>>1100759
this OP
>>
>>1100753
It's just good advice, if you want exploding wrists that's up to you. No need to get all touchy about it.
>>
>>1100759
It's the opposite of a recumbent. An uncumbent?
>>
>>1100759
That is some pretty good photoshopping skill there anonfag!
>>
>>1100712
You lock the rear cog up by pulling up with one foot and pushing down with the other while pedals are parallel to the ground
>>
>>1100812
You lock your mother by pulling up on your friends dick and pushing down with your own dick while the pedals look into each others eyes.
>>
>>1100753
His 'opinion' is the accepted standard way of doing things. Saddles are designed to be LEVEL. If you adjust it like in the pic then you're dumb and you'll get what you deserve when you injure your crotch. YOUR 'opinions' are what don't matter, and your 'opinions' can't change reality.
>>
>>1100712
First thing you do is put at least a front brake on it so you don't get killed or injure someone else when you run into them and can't stop. Oh and don't sit there and tell me "It's a track bike it's not supposed to have brakes!" because it has FLAT BARS not DROP BARS therefore it's a 'fixie' not a real track bike. Put brakes on it then worry about riding it. And level your goddamned saddle, it's WRONG.
>>
>>1100812
>pulling up with one foot
Well, they'd need some foot retention to pull up like that
>>
>>1100859
No it isn't. You're just a dumb faggot who overthinks everything.

Everyone's body is a bit different, and saddles are designed to be adjustable to accommodate those differences.

Fuck you, basically.
>>
>>1100890
You know, if you adjusted your saddle then maybe your ass wouldn't hurt as much.
>>
>>1100890
The saddle padding is suspension based- by tilting it you're decreasing the amount of give it has since you're sitting on it at an angle.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyeHnXGMJ0

no brakes

brakes are death
>>
>>1100939
inb4 they ban this film in the UK
>>
>>1100737
>4 years ago
>selling a 70's Peugeot on Craigslist
>buyer is a girl in her 20s
>takes it for a test ride
>"everything is great, but what are these handles?"
>"those are the brake levers"
>"wow, I've only had one bike before and I always stopped it with my feet. This is so cool"
Apparently, she had been skidding her feet along pavement to stop her bike and didn't know about brakes. I saved a life that day
>>
>>1100896
I ride on a flat saddle, but I don't pretend to be the Omniscient Lord of Everything on the Internet.

>>1100902
You don't make any sense.
>>
>>1100939
I didn't even know this existed until now, LoL.
>>
>>1100995
Gravity pulls downwards.
>>
>>1101001
The point of tilting the saddle forward like that is to keep the nose from digging into your taint, also if you want to get all science about things, sloping the saddle would increase the perceived thickness of the padding because the force of gravity would travel through more padding due to hypotenuses and shit. Fuck off, basically.
>>
>>1101008
It's not padding, it's suspension.
Besides, I'm speaking from experience. I tilted my seat down for a while trying to be cool and it started killing my ass right at the hip bones. Then I put it back and it was like sitting on your mom's tits.
>>
>>1101012
>It's not padding, it's suspension.
But that's just incorrect.
>while trying to be cool
Oh, you're one of "those" cyclists. I did it on a bike because it was a shitty bike saddle that I bought used for $5 that dug into my taint really hard.
>>
>>1101017
By 'trying to be cool' I meant 'Hey maybe it'll be more comfortable'. It wasn't. The taint pressure thing is a meme.
>>
>>1101017
So what you're saying is that saddles should always be level unless it's a ridiculously shitty saddle that's unrideable and tilting the nose down would be a temporary measure until you get a decent one
Right?
>>
>>1101027
No. I'm saying that proscribing behavior is stupid. If saddles were only ever meant to be level, the mounts for the seat post wouldn't ever even be adjustable.
>>
>>1100890
Are you a mongoloid? Just draw some parallels to car seats.
>>
>>1101054
>racist non sequitur
car seats can adjust their angle too

are you intellectually disabled?
>>
>>1101057
>>racist non sequitur
Fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>1101312
H-homophobe!
>>
>>1101315
What? What do bundles of sticks have to do with homosexuality?
>>
You bail when you huck the berm
>>
>>1100712
you throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>1100712
buy one with gears for christ sakes! What is the point of a road bike with one gear? It makes no sense the only bikes that should have only one gear are bmx or dirt jumpers.
>>
File: oprating.png (13KB, 150x222px)
oprating.png
13KB, 150x222px
>>1101524
this
>>
>>1101524
bike polo?

rad fixie stuntin'?

something different when you just want to play around with your bike?
>>
>>1100859
I have a sprinting saddle with a wide nose and a flat profile. It's quite flexy though so nose-down actually makes it "level out" once you sit on it with a nice little lip on the back for seated climbs.

Best saddle I ever did have.
>>
>>1100712
I've seen someone use their feet as a brake, as in shoe on rear wheel.
>>
>>1100712
pedaling backwards. Fixies are always ridden with foot retention, such as straps or clipless pedals mainly for this reason. You can do skid stops, skip stops, but in generally different ways of pedaling backwards. I've seen some messenger dudes on brakeless fixies bust out skip stops that stop them faster than I can stop with my caliper brakes on my road bike.

but then again, you have to be skilled and experienced to brake reliably like that, most people who ride brakeless fixies aren't that.

>>1101524
If you live somewhere that's pancake flat like nyc or florida, it makes sense. Having the reliability of them is a big plus. also, idk if you've ridden fixed but it's fun, there's a feel to em you don't get with a normal bike.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.