[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Canal/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4226.jpg (30KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4226.jpg
30KB, 220x165px
>2017
>paying rent

Anyone else living the narrowboat life? Floating neets unite, currently cruising around London on a 45 footer
>>
Local aboriginal populations that used to lice on boat are now more and more inclined to go aground
>>
>>1097255
There's a resurgence, cheapest way to live in a big city by far
>>
>>1097253
I'm intrigued by the idea. What's the yearly total cost of living on a narrowboat?
>>
>>1097253
what's your mooring charges like
>>
>>1097907
So far I've lived on it for 2 months here and have yet to pay anything apart from food/stuff. Diesel is the only expense, even water is free from canalside taps. If you're running the engine a lot about £1000 a year?
>>
>>1097948
None, but you have to move every 2 weeks. Having said that no one polices that shit in quieter areas. If you go to a marina it's around £300 a month in London, but that the most expensive I've seen
>>
If enough people do this they are going to crack down on this shit.
>>
even the waterways are getting gentrified
>>
The boat costs like £30k though....
>>
>>1097253
I've followed some dude on YT that lived on a narrow boat and wrote a book about it, he's a nice guy. Got me interested in it but I'm fine with just watching videos about it. Share your pics/vids /n/iggers!!!

>>1098472
Crack down how? Just up the prices or actually enforce shit?
>>
>>1098659
And a home would cost nearly double that.
>>
>>1098665
Which one? I like cruisingthecut the most. At first his voice seems a little robotic but then you get used to it

>>1098737
10x that easily... But 30k is still 30k and if you don't have a large income it's hard to get
>>
>>1098745
Basic homes in the UK cost ~$400,000? Fuck that.
>>
>>1098745
https://www.youtube.com/user/theinvertedhourglass/ aka Sort Of Interesting

I found his channel when I was looking for some cycling stuff and he had some nice videos and he's super optimistic. I got into the narrow boat stuff through him but I also just saw a video about the guy you posted and liked him too.
30k is pretty cheap desu, I assume you can finance them? That's like buying a car for me.
Would be cool to cruise in one sometime
>>
>>1098472

>Crack down

Tons of people have been doing it for a really long time.

They don't make canal boats anymore a s they aren't cheap to build so you don't see any new ones popping up, there is legislation on the canals so there is not going to be rednecks or scoucers popping up drifting along in pontoons.

It's a pretty bland and shitty way to live life so if anyone is interested in boat living you find them more attracted to the open ocean.

Though it can have it's comfy moments. Being legal to drink and man the helm it attracts people who want to live the pirate lifez but there is no bounty to be had on those seas m8y
>>
what countries can you live the boat life in really well? and have freedom of travel?
>>
>>1098878
I mostly agree, is a bit of a hassle, but beats paying london rent. Also if you tell anyone about it they automatically think you're interesting
>>
Is this, in theory, similar to living in a trailer?
>>
my friend who moved to San Diego in the early 2000s said that living in a houseboat there was cheap, popular, and fairly normal. This is presumably in bays/marinas on the ocean, there are no canals as far as I know.
>>
>>1097253
im intrigued.. is this legal in yurocuckop?
>>
>>1100282
or hurricanes! much better option on the west coast than say in florida. id love to do a liveaboard somewhere on the west coast. maybe portland where i live now or seattle.
>>
>>1097253
>2017
>Still posting pics for ants.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.