[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me restore this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: trek 1.2 alpha.jpg (607KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
trek 1.2 alpha.jpg
607KB, 2048x1536px
So /n/ i need your help!
I bought this used Trek 1.2 Alpha used for 200$ for my girlfriend. Aside from the bartape and brakes, which clearly needs to be changed, how do i make this bike look girly.
And do you have any suggestions on good colour schemes that would make it look a little more like a girls racer. - thanks in advance
>>
Focus on fit first. Get a wider saddle and give it some red bar tape or something.
>>
> 200$ for my girlfriend

cuck
>>
Let her choose the bartape color and don't care about it matching the color scheme.
>>
>>1094516
good idea. there are probably some saddles with some pink on them aswell.
>>1094519
very constructive. thanks for your input.
>>1094529
I cant ask her, as its a surprise gift.
>>
>>1094530
>a surprise gift.
"Ew I don't want veiny legs, teehee!"
Don't spend too much since it's going to sit in a garage until it ends up back on craigslist or whatever, or she 'accidentally' lets it get stolen.
>>
>>1094530
>surprise gift
Then just wrap the bars in her favourite color

>saddles
You really can't buy a saddle for someone else. Though if you want to try ISM and Selle SMP are probably going to be where you should start.
>>
>surprise gift
Oooh boy
>>
File: bontrager gel cork.jpg (388KB, 1134x714px) Image search: [Google]
bontrager gel cork.jpg
388KB, 1134x714px
>>1094515
dont do pink.
if you're going to add another color, pick something entirely different.

id just stick with black/white/red though.
maybe get a tape that has a pattern on it.
get 2 black bottle holders
replace the cable housing with black

at least then if she doesn't like it, you can sell it w/o taking much of a hit. you've made minor improvements.
>>
Buy her some whisky stones instead
>>
>>1094515
Well are you sure she would like it more "girly" ?

Be prepared to buy a saddle fitted for her lady parts though.
>>
I don't know your gf but appearance of the bike probably doesn't matter much. Making riding a pleasant experience does. If she (or anyone) is new to cycling, try to remember how awkward and self conscious you were when you started trying to put wheels betwixt your legs.

Also good to relinquish the hex keys and let her set it up how she wants, pedal at whatever cadence, hold handlebars however. Again you might be great about this but it's a frequent uh point of contention.

My sister started cycling, did some group rides. The guys made it a really shit experience and she kind of put the bike away. Conversely, my gf started riding my ebike and now it's gone every day. Was really hard in the beginning to hold back on suggestions, telling her what to do, etc, but she has become fast and comfortable on her own. Much less afraid to do cool bike things like carry shit and get muddy. Just takes time.
>>
OP here
>>1094532
She has been wanting a road bike for a year now, and untill now she has borrowed my old beater, so i know it will be used.
>>1094536
I looked at the selle SMP aswell. I might go for that.
>>1094573
Yea. She doest mind it being a mens road bike, as long as there are some small girly details.
>>
>>1094574
Nice reply anon. Thanks. Always nice to hear that some women actually stick with riding. Im pretty sure she will love it though, and my gf isnt new to riding, she just never had her own bike, as money has been a little tight, because we are both students.
>>
>>1094515

Invest the least in it possible you douche. After/if she rides it -- only then considering wasting more time or money. But consider this: a girlfriend that shares your hobbies is a curse -- less alone time. So maybe it would be a good idea to sell it again and tell her it was "stolen".

But this is just speculation: chances are she simply won't ride it all or more than a few times before quitting yet another hobby that is more involved than texting.
>>
>>1094643
>She has been wanting a road bike for a year now

Apparently not that much if she couldn't have scrounged up the measily $200 on her own. Heck I could find a used road bike in better condition than what you shared for less than that in Northern NJ. I wonder how much makeup, shoes, purses, clothes, she purchased in a year? People say they want to buy something all the time, but if you observe them you will watch them buy other stuff and not for example a bike but everytime they see you they say they want a bike because they know you are into it. That is just the personality type of certain people, especially outgoing types. They want to connect to other people so bad they feign interest in hobbies, subjects and topics they really have no interest in, but they just want to make mouth diarrhea. I really hate such people and it is easy to tell they don't care about cycling or most of what they yap about.

Anyway it is a very bad idea to get a girlfriend to get interested in your hobbies and you in hers, stop thinking life is what is depicted in movies and tv. It is much better to have cycle time as space and time away from her.
>>
>>1094920
t. /r/incel/
>>
>>1094515
Dude do not, I REPEAT, do not girl it up. My old man tried that with my Mom, and Mom was not impressed.
>>
>>1094921

You = nerd with too much virtual fantasy entertainment industry watching "surrogate" life experience and no real life experience.
>>
>>1094515
Your girlfriend won't want it.

Clean up the bar tape, new chain, acid bath the cassette

Throw away those pedals remove all reflectors and it will look like a $400 bike to a newbie

So just flip it
>>
>>1094923
how hard were you shitposting to get your reddit account suspended? I didn't even know that was possible, congrats I guess?
>>
>>1094917
i kinda get the feeling that your maybe mirroring some of your own experiences, towards my relationship? And im truly sorry that you've had those experiences anon.

>>1094925
thanks for the concern, and genuinly good advice. however, she does want it. She has been wanting a bike for almost a year now, and she frequently rides with me, on my winter bike, which is too big for her. Hence the need for this size 52 bike.
>>
File: Progress. project Alpha. Step 1..jpg (482KB, 1851x852px) Image search: [Google]
Progress. project Alpha. Step 1..jpg
482KB, 1851x852px
A little update here from OP.
I stripped the bike from all the useless stuff. and removed all the things that could be salvaged and restored. The brakes are rusty and useless, so i ordered new ones, along with some new cables for brakes and gears.
Pedals are gonna be replaced with some spare Look Keo pedals. New Quick releases, as the old were rusty. and some new bartape. (i stuck with the original colour scheme of red, white and black). So if she wants to upgrade to a better bike next season, i can sell it again.
--- Small side note, for those who were concerned on my behalf: i bought it for 200$ which is almost nothing here in Denmark, and i could sell it again for twice that amount tomorrow if I wanted to.
>>
>>1094939
>however, she does want it

>>1094942
>i bought it for 200$ which is almost nothing here in Denmark

Does not compute... So she wanted something for a year but wouldn't pay "next to nothing" for it?

If you ever have tried giving away anything for free you will learn that people will take stuff they don't want. Conversely even if you or someone buy(s) something it doesn't mean it doesn't mean it will be used. And even if you think riding with your girlfriend almost never sounds cool, when she wants to tag along every ride or most rides that will change.

Does this girl who you are spending all this money on even cook or do anything besides being a cum receptacle? Well you are Scandinavian so I probably already know...

Learn from this Jamaican American guy, Jamaicans tend to treat their women like shit and get away with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jws931d2k

He says he takes all women on first dates to McDonalds and orders 20 chicken nuggets, 10 for her, 10 for him and they split a medium coke. If they want more food, he tells them to go buy it with their money or that they shouldn't eat so mcuh... Now that man is a mack, he doesn't put up with gold diggers and users.
>>
>>1094942
Cleaned up well, what happened to the chain and derailleur? Scotchpad/brake cleaner will get the muck off the rims if you are after the ultra clean look..
>>
>>1094949
go jerk off in the corner... again... on your own... again...
>>
>>1094949
im just gonna go ahead and completely ignore your post anon. You seem absolutely lost. Im sure there is a completely valid explanation as to why your personality is fucked up, but im not really bothered to ask.

>>1094951
im taking the rear deralleur apart and cleaning/regreasing it. and replacing the chain with a new one. The old one was beyond saving.
Thanks for the rim advice! will try that.
>>
>>1094957

Expected Scandinavian response was expected. Used bikes are cheap and plentiful, if someone really wants a bike they will get. I mean sure, if I know you and thought you would be dumb enough to buy stuff just because I told you I wanted them, I would tell you lots of stuff to buy for me...

This just seems like a bike geek feminized boyfriend looking for a project bike to work on for his own enjoyment while also displaying submissiveness by spending unnecessary money.
>>
>>1094966
Well arent you just a charmer. Our views on the world are much too different i fear. But I wish you all good fortune.
>>
>>1094966
Kicked out of reddit are you, nikki? You can fuck off from here too.
>>
>>1094977

Why do chengdu nerds on /n/ bitch so hard about "namefags"? And why do white video game and otaku nerds of 4chan think they are different from the otaku and gamer nerds of Reddit?

I think the non-nerds, which I know are like unicorns around here, can see that I am like one of the few non-clowns posting to this wretched shithole.
>>
>>1094980
Oh, no. It is you, specifically you, you cancerous cunt. Out of all the shitty characters that have shat on this board you're the most memorable shitstain. You combine siegs complete lack of knowledge, the SI spergs autism and boardman-kuns self awareness deficiency. This is why you're hated where ever your slimy fingers go typing - be it here or reddit. No one wants you in their social communities. Not even online. Not even anonimously! You're that much of a pariah.

It is not your trip. It is you, you sad fuck. Now get.
>>
>>1094980
God fucking damn, you're as bad as Sieg. Each and every namefag is an utter piece of shit, without exception. Filtered.
>>
>>1094980
amazingly delusional
>>
>>1094980
>massive ego
>unaware of it
>tripfag

checks out
>>
>>1094981
>>1094982
>>1094998
>>1095003

You insecure nerds behave exactly like wizardchan would if a female feminist crashed one of their Magic the Gathering or Pokemon card games in real life. You geeks to need reflect on why someone simply using a persistent trip triggers your insecurity so much.
>>
File: nicholasv.png (248KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nicholasv.png
248KB, 400x400px
>>1095393
>*absolutely punchable*
>>
>>1094982

The only insecure whining I see ITT is you.

And no, this is not a samefag. But I keep seeing this thread bumped with your bullshit.

Some of the namefags may suck, sure, but you're the worst poster here at the moment.
>>
>>1095394
>>1094981
>>1094982
>>1094998
>>1095003

I am gonna start posting as anon too after this post and just write what I would normally write except without a trip. See if you guys can guess if it is me or not? Wait up, see what I did there? You insecure nerds will ruin /n/ with your stupid witch hunt, now...

It is amazing how much of a loser most modern humans are. Most only seek to adapt to their given surroundings and milieu no matter how pathetic the behavior they are emulating is. If one person posts with a simple persistent trip which is what all discussion forums except shitty chanboard have used as their convention, /n/erds go apeshit.
>>
File: spurdoposting.jpg (9KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
spurdoposting.jpg
9KB, 183x183px
>>1095405
>Most only seek to adapt to their given surroundings and milieu no matter how pathetic the behavior they are emulating is.
Unlike you, who have failed to fit in anywhere in life and is too autistic to see that the problem is with you - not the rest of the world. Your delusions of grandeur and inflated self image is matched only by your lack of self-awareness. Yes, you'll probably be able to spergpost as anon without a 100% detection rate. Everyone makes the odd shitpost, and you'd only be tweaking the ratio a little.
The difference is you do them consistently - all the time, every time. The cause is your caustic neurological disorder. The reason it is painfully obvious that you're a sufferer is that the trip makes your personal spergpost ratio easily calculable.

Again, it's not your trip. It is you, the person. The trip just makes the conclusion easier.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you need to come to an anonymous board and straight up imagining others as shut-in nerds to get a cheap ego boost all the time. Don't get enough confirmation from friends and family, hm? Yes, I am imblying.
>>
>>1095409

Chengdu boy: All non 4chan internet discussion venues have people posting with persistent identities. Why? Because it is simply better for so many reasons. Infact even on other 4chan boards like say /pol/ you can post with a trip, without people sperging out. /n/erds though definitely sperg out like Michael Jackson would have if he saw a vagina, and I wonder why a persistent trip could threaten you guys so much?

Also nerd in the case of bicycling all internet based discussion forums don't represent the cycling community. US based Bicycling Magazine finally did a great article on the cycling divide:

http://www.bicycling.com/culture/advocacy/how-low-income-cyclists-go-unnoticed

>Last year, the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition conducted a survey that used a neat trick to partition the city’s two-wheeled community. Half the questioning was conducted via the Internet or mail; the other half of the respondents were approached on the street. One notable result: 42 percent of the street respondents said they rode five days a week or more. Only a quarter of the remotely queried cyclists rode that much.

>And the riders who pedal so much more accomplish it with far fewer resources: 40 percent of the street respondents earn less than $15,000 annually (65 percent earn below $35,000), and 95 percent of them own just a single bike.

>Nearly half of those surveyed by Internet and mail reported earnings of more than $75,000. The household income of subscribers to this magazine is $112,000, and, on average, four bikes are parked in our garages. If you’re a typical subscriber, you plan to spend at least $2,000 on your next bike, but a passionate 4 percent of you say you’ll spend $6,000 or more.

in American cycling those doing the most A to Bism and the most riding, are mostly illegal Hispanic migrants riding Department store dreck. But the people doing the most posting on the internet about cycling though are white bike nerds who are Lance wannabes.
>>
File: imblying.png (3KB, 528x444px) Image search: [Google]
imblying.png
3KB, 528x444px
>>1095417
>this obsession with the trip
>imblying its about the trip
Can it be said enough time that the trip is not the issue? You're the issue. The fact that you desperately have to deflect valid scorn as being about your trip should clue you on.

It. Is. Not. About. The. Trip.
Bacon is a tripfag. He's a pretty cool guy. Schwalbe is a tripfag. He's a pretty cool guy. The SI shitposter was not a tripfag. He was cancer. You are a tripfag. You are cancer.
Notice how the pattern has nothing to do with trips. It's simply about you. You're a cancer to this community, as you were to reddit. Self-kill, plox.
>>
>>1095397
>But I keep seeing this thread bumped with your bullshit.
That was the only post I made in this thread, retard.
>>
>>1095420

Never heard of those names, full time League of Legends nerd who rarely cycles, but still likely identifies as such... Also it is funny you melatonin deprived outcasts say how I am cancer but still stalked my posts even on Reddit...
>>
>>1095423

How can we tell, since unlike even pol we cannot even identify one anonfag from another anonfag on /n/? Just keep anonfagging, you are in good company.
>>
>>1095397
>And no, this is not a samefag
>>1095425
Confirmed samefag.
That's how you tell, retard. Go back to your faggoty trip so that I cash filter you.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731_182945.png (16KB, 610x277px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731_182945.png
16KB, 610x277px
>>1095425
Yes, well you can stop assuming everyone else is a stalking hikikomori fedora for starters. I'm perfectly well adjusted, tyvm. I have a well paid job at a high rank, a stall of bikes worth more than your ancient dark blue Porche, go fishing and camping and doesn't even wear elf ears when I do.

That's a figment of your imagination, projected on your detractors, by you, in a desperate attempt to feign a sense of superiority. You're so desperately insecure that you have to constantly feed _yourself_ this type of confirmation as not to implode. Like you did before, remember?
You really dropped the spaghetti there. It was glorious.
>>
>>1095427

Kek? Assume that 4chan posters are not shunned nerds assimilating to the nerd borg as it exists on this shit fest pretending to be a discussion medium? Are you for realz?
>>
OP here.
It seems my cozy little "DIY bike project thread" got derailled somewhat. I will upload more pictures when all the parts get home, and i start restoring it. If anyone is interested.
>>
cyclo-cross is the hot topic of the day (for no reason more than those are the ultimate do-it-all bike whether youre commuting or doing downhill riding) and since that's like a melding of road and mtb disciplines you're going to do a 10's carbon road bike with knobbies conversion

get the widest knobby tires that will fit in your frame: from yours it looks like you can run a 700x32 because youre not going to be inflating the tire all the way so it will clear the fork and chainstays at the lower PSIs you need to run for good traction

also switch to a flatbar with barends, a dropper seatpost, and change those chainrings to a 32-20 for uphill sections
>>
>>1095442
You:
>my cozy little "DIY bike project"

It seems the tripfag was right:
>>1094966
>This just seems like a bike geek feminized boyfriend looking for a project bike to work on for his own enjoyment while also displaying submissiveness by spending unnecessary money.

Also how did this gem slip notice?
>>1094574
>Conversely, my gf started riding my ebike and now it's gone every day. Was really hard in the beginning to hold back on suggestions, telling her what to do, etc, but she has become fast and comfortable on her own.

Yeah, well idiot, when you have a battery and motor, people tend to go fast even when they are not...
>>
>>1095448
>It seems the tripfag was right
George is getting upset.
>>
>>1095442
>If anyone is interested.
Of course. Never mind the cancer dude and his mental health damage control. Keep posting!
>>
File: wut.jpg (147KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
147KB, 726x590px
>>1095444
Honestly can't tell if trolling or clueless
>>
File: 4u.png (71KB, 496x514px) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
71KB, 496x514px
>>1095448
>>
File: 1501341610910.jpg (145KB, 1031x876px) Image search: [Google]
1501341610910.jpg
145KB, 1031x876px
>>1094949
>he takes all women on first dates to McDonalds and orders 20 chicken nuggets, 10 for her, 10 for him and they split a medium coke
This is the blackest thing I have ever read.
>>
>>1095467

That guy, this guy:
>>1094949
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jws931d2k

Is a pimp, a boss, the man, a mack. Who would you rather be, a guy who 100% knows women want him, because he won't be feminized and shower them with gifts, or the Danish bike nerd of this thread planning to spend $400 or whatever the fuck for an solicited gift his girl won't or will barely use?
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>1095481
>>
>>1095482

Wouldn't the white nerds trying to buy women look more like that loser? Attractive guys can treat women like shit and still get women. Attractive guys can just walk and do nothing and get women:
https://youtu.be/75aX9mlipiY?t=71
>>
File: finnish_meme.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
finnish_meme.png
151KB, 500x500px
>>1095486
Tell me more about your research into other mens attraction. God knows you never had any. And what's with freds-freds-freds-freds-freds all the time? Were you homo-erotically distracted by one when you crashed that white Porche or are you just projecting your insecurity like a rave party laser light show again? I mean, how much of a shit driver do you have to be to wreck a car by driving into someone in fucking front of you?
>>
>>1095417
>white
>hispanic
Why do you feel the need to point out that stuff?
Aren't you a failed abortion gyronigger yourself?
>>
>>1095442
sorry about the state of your thread :/

looking forward to pictures of polished turd
>>
File: fullretard.jpg (198KB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fullretard.jpg
198KB, 1980x1080px
>>1095490

You just went full ch@nkid, never go full ch@nkid.

>>1095533
Thread was shit from the start, the bike in question is allegedly for a women who barely wanted it, not to impress male online bike nerds. But apparently OP just wants an excuse to waste time and money on a project bike, some people are like that...
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.