[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy brand new bicycle >too scared to take it outside because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1493980732068.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1493980732068.png
207KB, 403x433px
>buy brand new bicycle
>too scared to take it outside because some nigger might steal it
>need to buy two million kryptonyte locks, install a gps alarm then 'uglify' bike but even that won't stop thieves from stealing it

if I had only known it was going to be this much of hassle i would have just gone full walmart mode but faggots kept insisting their bikes are the plague and must be avoided at all costs
>>
Maybe you should live on a negro-free area.
>>
>£100 Halfords special to ride to work
>lodsofemone road bike for riding

What's the issue?

Commute on a bike that wont hurt if it get's stolen. And your expensive road bike can be used for weekend riding so you wont need to lock it anywhere because you wont be commuting anywhere.
>>
>>1093887
>ride a bike that looks like an expensive bike
>have probably put $600-700 into it since i bought it
>$40 lock
>never been stolen

stop worrying so much, but also be paranoid about locking it up. If your bike looks harder to steal than the bike next to it, you'll be fine. All locks are just deterrents anyways
>>
replacing shit bikes that get stolen regularly is way cheaper than gas alone much less mantaining a vehicle which includes registration, insurance, getting tickets, oil changes, car washes, tires, etc. motor vehicles are the biggest racket of all time.
>>
>not keeping your bike inside
>if you commute you have to chain it to a pole
do you people work at mcdonalds or something? jesus
>>
>>1093910
Do we have to explain about American shitholes again?
We let giant shopping carts, and wet shopping carts, push muck all through out the store, but if I rolled my bike out of the breakroom and through the front door when I was working at a supermarket, I would get glares from old customers saying that it should be outside.
>>
>>1093910
I've spent over 10g's on bike/acessories and I only make ~$100 a week...
>>
>>1093919
we got a new security guard at my office building last year
day 1: eyy ya gonna need to lock that up outside
me:shrug
day 2: eyyyy ya gonna need to lock that up outside
me: shrug
day 3: this is very serious, we've got you on video, seen the camera? they know what you're doing
me: shrug
day 4 through 365: (silence)

just need to get them used to it, don't make a big deal or escalate
>>
>>1093889
>negro-free area
>USA
Impossible
>>
>>1093887
I think maybe you're a combination of way too much of a scaredy-cat and a whining little crybaby.

Just get a decent lock for your bike and STFU.
>>
>>1093930
I mean, I went ahead and did it. But this is the same industry, though different store, that said and reprimanded more 'having to give away a free pound of cheese' when I didn't want to serve someone 'display cheese' that sat in the front of the case since God knows when.
>>
>>1093887
take it from your room, to your room, and then sleep next to it to keep it warm.
>>
>>1093920
two years salary on a bike, damn that is dedication.
I spent 2 months salary and felt like an asshole, had to immediately sell my old bike, take a loss, just to feel less like a negro money spender.
>>
>>1094005
2 weeks pay here - feels N man
>>
File: 1499091072654.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1499091072654.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
>>1094005
i'm several Gs into bikes and bike-related items
>trail bike: $3,800
>cx bike: $1,300
>tops: $300
>shorts/pants: $300
>bibs: $300
>shoes: $450
>helmets: $250
>gloves: $120
>workstand: $265
>shuttle rack: $200
not included: tools, lubes, sealants, etc.

i make about 300 a week take-home, but i don't have a wife or kids. i simply make a budget and spend accordingly, that way i have a plan and don't overspend. i'm not missing deposits to my IRA or anything for this, y'know?
>>
File: 1491053617490.jpg (14KB, 444x332px) Image search: [Google]
1491053617490.jpg
14KB, 444x332px
>>1094017
>i make about 300 a week take-home

Please tell me you work part time
>>
File: help.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>1094018
>>
>>1093895
This

Plus get bike insurance, if you follow their requirements imagine how unlikely it is to get stolen. (Only way they can make profit).
>>
>>1093887
maybe you shouldn't buy a 3k$ commuter
>>
>>1094078
I'm down with that, all my beaters have been from CL or a pawn shop just down the road from me.
They'll get too many bikes and price them at like 20-30 bucks so I'll go and buy two. Last time I bought a sweet 90s mtb with city tires and a 1x conversion for 30 dollars.
I still lock up with a 40 dollar lock though, only ever had one bike stolen so far but it was just a shitty little 90s bmx which are popular around here for hood niggas and thugs to go to the store with.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.