[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obscure urban rail systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: Skywaytrain.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Skywaytrain.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
What's the most obscure urban rail system in North America? Thinking of cities that you wouldn't think have a system due to their size or urban planning or something.

I vote the Jacksonville People Mover.
>>
File: Mall.jpg (95KB, 670x406px) Image search: [Google]
Mall.jpg
95KB, 670x406px
I was surprised when I found out Buffalo has an LRT line
>>
>>1093784
Morgantown's PRT is probably the most obscure.
>>
Would say what I just read in another thread >>1093705.
>>
File: chevy-silverado-people-mover-03.jpg (66KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
chevy-silverado-people-mover-03.jpg
66KB, 660x495px
>>1093784
Pic related its the most expensive useless piece of transportation infrastructure ever conceived.
>>
The Baltimore Subway comes to mind.
>>
>>1095542
I like how you didn't say subway system. Its actually not that bad if you want to go somewhere it goes, its just that few people do. The mta is a complete fucking joke, and while i dislike current maryland governor larry hogan, i approve of how he cucked the mta this year.
>>
>>1093786
I remember riding that thing on my trip to Buffalo and how I would've reached my destination faster if I walked.
>>
>>1093809
I saw something on YouTube about that a while ago, it really blew my mind.
>>
I vote the West Virginia University PRT system in Morgantown, WV.

Not technically a rail system though, I guess.
>>
File: RedRouteNorth.jpg (68KB, 680x399px) Image search: [Google]
RedRouteNorth.jpg
68KB, 680x399px
>>1097004
Followed closely by the Las Colinas APT system in Irving, TX.
>>
>>1093784

Look up the wikipedia page for people movers.
>>
>>1093809
>>1096707
>>1097004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSaWfw07Sw
>>
File: charlotte-lynx.jpg (100KB, 670x431px) Image search: [Google]
charlotte-lynx.jpg
100KB, 670x431px
>>1093784
thats actually one of two rail systems ive ever been on. other one being the great Charlottean Lynx lightrail which is literally slower than cycling. my children's children will be paying for this abomination
>>
File: Hogwarts_Express_(16658835527).jpg (90KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hogwarts_Express_(16658835527).jpg
90KB, 800x450px
Does the Hogwarts Express in Universal Orlando Resort count? It links the site's two theme parks together and looks like a steam train, but it's actually an elevated broad gauge funicular.

>Funicular
>in Florida
>>
>>1097005
I like everything in that area. This thing is worthless.
>>
File: dc streetcar.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
dc streetcar.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>1093784
Way over budget, way behind schedule, and it's only 2.2 miles long. WTH? Is this the best Our Nation's Capital can do?
>>
>>1098855
All those negative headlines really don't make it obscure.
>>
Scarborough RT and the Sheppard stubway in Toronto
>>
File: disgusted thomas.jpg (50KB, 720x596px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted thomas.jpg
50KB, 720x596px
>>1098255

>a literal abomination
>>
>>1098855
>America can't into public transport

Allow me to express just how shocked I am by this state of affairs.
>>
>>1098855
I used to think DC must be some kind of enlightened city of the future since it had a subway, "real urban planning", and it was of course our capital

Then I got there and realized the city was basically just 3 kinds of people: horny congressional interns from the bible belt, fat lobbyists and contractors, and poor blacks who would do anything to increase cage ownership "in this community".

Basically the most bizarre alliance of anti-progress, pro-cage people the world has ever seen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (246KB, 1806x1015px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
246KB, 1806x1015px
"If you make a satirical Facebook page mocking the city of Atlanta, you will be charged with a serious crime that is punishable up to 3-5 years in prison or be force to ride the trolley."

-City of Atlanta Facebook parody page
>>
>>1097004
>>1093809
Used to live in Morgantown, the prt is pretty sweet. Unfortunately it only goes to the big WVU campus centers, but if you're going to those parts of town it's pretty nifty. There's a timer that counts down once you tell the system where you want to go. If there isn't a car that is going to that stop available within 2-3 minutes, the system sends out a car for you specifically. Morgantown straddles a valley created by a river, which the prt tracks follow, so the view is pretty nice. Quick, too.
>>
>>1098996
This thing can barely make it up the hills its track is laid out on. The last time I rode it, the driver couldn't make it, so he had to back up and get a fast head start to make it over the hill.
>>
>>1099021
Fucking lol.
But it makes Atlanta so progressive when you can take it to
>>
File: 1501627748068.png (80KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501627748068.png
80KB, 300x256px
>>1098099
The second (and last) time I rode on that, about 5 years ago, a whole pack of ghetto dwellers got in a fight and the cops had to be called. In broad daylight. I just wanted to go to the Discovery Place with my family :/
>>
>>1099021
lmao
>>
>>1098996
LOL good thing negroes are in charge in Atlanta...yep they have outstanding decision m making skills........that thing is an abortion, mainly used to launder money from the federal government into the Atlanta municipal government
>>
>>1093965
first thing I thought of for op's question
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.