[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's 2017, why no nuclear powered trains yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Cz2ocE7.jpg (127KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
Cz2ocE7.jpg
127KB, 500x727px
it's 2017, why no nuclear powered trains yet?
>>
File: Three_Mile_Island_(color)-2.jpg (444KB, 678x532px) Image search: [Google]
Three_Mile_Island_(color)-2.jpg
444KB, 678x532px
>>1092794
>>
>>1092794
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVI6r7tQVeo
with a nuclear cleanup on top is why we can't have cool spaceships.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-M%C3%A9gantic_rail_disaster
>>
>>1092794
Many electric trains are ultimately nuclear powered. But having a nuclear reactor operating on board a train would be incredibly expensive, inefficient and dangerous.
>>
>>1092794
it's a geopolitical situation that's a little touchy right now, we can't really speak about it in mixed company, you should ask your parents.
but trust me, the possibility is real, but maybe once the future looks a little brighter.
>>
>tfw no 3m hitler-gauge nuclear powered cruise ship on wheels
honestly it does sound a bit dangerous
>>
>>1092794
>why don't we have a nuclear bomb on wheels that can drive into some of the most crowded places in the cities?
Asking tough questions there bub
>>
>>1092802
but that was oil
>>1092933
even if nuclear accidents doubled, the negative health effects & deaths are still lower than that from coal or other fossil fuels.
>>
>>1092978
>even if nuclear accidents doubled, the negative health effects & deaths are still lower than that from coal or other fossil fuels.
I've an idea, guys! Let's put the nuclear power somewhere else and move the electricity to the trains by overhead wires! I wonder if that might ever catch on...
>>
>>1092978
Those statistics consider deaths related to fossil fuels mining and use, and atomic plants accidents in some desolated places, and I do agree with them in current situation. They would look a bit different after you would drive an atomic bomb into some million people populated area.
>>
>>1092998
>I've an idea, guys! Let's put the nuclear power somewhere else and move the electricity to the trains by overhead wires! I wonder if that might ever catch on...

Never ever. It's as unlikely as trains faster then 100 mph.
>>
>>1092878

The hitler part or the 3m gauge?
>>
File: The_Big_Bus2.jpg (22KB, 550x238px) Image search: [Google]
The_Big_Bus2.jpg
22KB, 550x238px
>>1092794
They're still ironing out the nuclear bus.
>>
>>1092794
religious people are still trying to kill each other over whose god has the biggest dick, maybe if the rest of us can successfully trick those assholes into killing each other off we'll be able to have cool shit.
>>
>>1092933
A nuclear reactor does not constitute a nuclear bomb. At most you get a nuclear-powered blast of radioactive steam (like Chernobyl).

>>1092978
A nuclear reactor on a trait would probably pose considerably higher safety risks than one in a stationary power plants.
>>
>>1093297

That would make a glorious RV, much like a Neoplan Jumbocruiser. That new luxury overnight bus in California called Cabin could learn a thing or two from the Neoplan Car-o-tel as well...
>>
>>
>>1092794
we already have electric trains and electricity is free and doesn't pollute unlike nuclear power
>>
>>1094537
you do realize most electricity comes from fossil fuels and nuclear
>>
File: Supertrain.jpg (16KB, 469x343px) Image search: [Google]
Supertrain.jpg
16KB, 469x343px
>>1092794
Because it nearly bankrupted NBC in the '70s.
>>
>>1092800
barely anything happened. the safety features of the power plant worked and no one outside the plant got so much as a chest x ray worth of radiation exposure.
>>
>>1094958
no i wasnt joking at all
>>
>>1094537
>electricity is free

You do know that your mommy and daddy have to pay a power bill? That outlet in their basement that you use isn't really free.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.