[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I find a map of commercial and freight train lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Where can I find a map of commercial and freight train lines in specifically the US, but also in Canada and Mexico? I plan on travelling, from Canada down the the US and perhaps mexico too, but I am only going to go by train because they are cheap (if they are not I will just hop on a freight train)
Can anyone help?
>>
Also, can I get tips on hopping onto freight trains and not getting killed or caught?
>>
>>1092586
Yes, don't do it.
>>
>>1092587
Give reasons or give answers as to how to do it please.
>>
>>1092588
>Yes, don't do it
>Give reasons

possible death/injury or getting caught trespassing by employees?
>>
>>1092628
I understand that it could be dangerous, so I am asking how to do it properly.
>>
The Primary rail road lines go from east to west across the united states. This is because the shape of the country is wider than it is tall. Any path through the us from north and south is going to be more of a zig zag. Where the east and west lines intersect with North and South lines are going to be major rail yard hubs. If you are going to ride the rails, I recommend getting off before these yards as you are going to meet the rail yard bulls.
>>
http://www.openrailwaymap.org/
>>
>>1092722
Thank you so much, this is just what I needed.
>>
>>1092722
>http://www.openrailwaymap.org/
That's fantastic! Thanks!
>>
File: unstoppable-03-600x462.jpg (97KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
unstoppable-03-600x462.jpg
97KB, 600x462px
>>1092584
>I will just hop on a freight train
please chose another way to be an hero

no one on the freight train crew wants to come across whatever is left of you part way through their shift. At best the discovery of your mangled corpse will be a massive inconvenience of paperwork that they don't want to do, at worst the shock of finding your bloodied bits can cause long term PTSD for a guy who just wants to go to work, collect his paycheck and go home at the end of the day.
>>
>>1092799
>an hero
i'm not killing myself. Why do none of you give reasons not to catch a freight train?
>>
>>1092834
1) It's uncomfortable, and depending what time you go is actually dangerous because of length of time exposed to cold/without access to water.
2) You stand a good risk of getting killed or injured hanging around on the outside of rolling stock
3) You will be arrested if caught
4) Just because old folk singers mythologised it, it has never been a wise way to get around the US.
>>
>>1093203
Is there a better way? Hitchhiking I guess, but it seems like a good way to get mugged.
>>
>>1093347
Get a fucking job. Buy a fucking ticket.
>>
>>1093347
get a job, work hard, buy a car
>>
>>1093505
Already have a car but I do not trust it with a long roadtrip
>>
>>1093508
Then rent a car?
>>
>>1093347
More likely to get robbed on a freight by other hoppers than hitchhiking, imo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA

best travel series ever made
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.